PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Are the Lakers a better team without Kobe?

StrengthAndHonor
01-20-2013, 03:20 PM
I know this season they were plagued by injuries, but this season, are they better off without Kobe?

Imagine a starting lineup of

Nash
Morris
MWP
Gasol
Dwight

Bench

Clark, Duhon, Jamison, Sacre.

HarlemHeat37
01-20-2013, 03:21 PM
No, tbh..

ElNono
01-20-2013, 03:22 PM
No... but that doesn't mean Kobe doesn't sometimes hurt this team, tbh

StrengthAndHonor
01-20-2013, 03:23 PM
No, tbh..

Really? I watch their games and I'm itching to find out how they will perform with Nash having a total control of that offense and Dwight, Pau getting majority of those touches. I honestly think they're a better team. Not 6th seed playoff spot better but I think they'll at least hover around .500 with the team playing in much better harmony.

whitemamba
01-20-2013, 03:23 PM
Honestly just his presence on the court makes them better. But he jacks up too many shots to make him a threat.

StrengthAndHonor
01-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Ok, inserting Morris there is pretty bad, how about if we replace Kobe with another starter. Not a great one, just a solid player like Gordon Hayward, Marcus Thornton or Wilson Chandler?

freetiago
01-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Nash/Howard + spot up shooters
with 1 guy who is at least an above average/elite slasher is a championship contender tbh

ffadicted
If you just remove him, obviously not... if you trade his salary for another guard that makes anywhere near half of what he does, it's not question tbh...

StrengthAndHonor
Kobe this season just have this profound effect to make great players like Nash and Dwight look average.

Josepatches_
01-20-2013, 03:30 PM
They would be a better team for sure

They would play like a real team

StrengthAndHonor
01-20-2013, 03:30 PM
If you just remove him, obviously not... if you trade his salary for another guard that makes anywhere near half of what he does, it's not question tbh...

This is what I think too. It doesn't even have to be an All Star caliber. Just a guy happy with his 8-10 FGA, plays ok defense and passes the ball to get that offensive flow going. There's just no way the Lakers should be dropping games like this even without Dwight. I bet if Earl Clark took at least half of Kobe's shots today they win the game.

Mal
01-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Cant tell. Kobe is there every game, playing over 42 minutes.

jermaine
01-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Kobe is still considered clutch! So like someone said. His present alone makes them better. The lakers have to much talent. With Phil as their head coach, the lakers could probably win 3 more titles. Even with the Bulls coach or Doc Rivers.

Otaku
01-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Replace Kobe with an unselfish and winner player like Manu and the Lakers are automagically contenders.

Mal
01-20-2013, 03:37 PM
He is so clutch. He scored like 15 4th quater points tonights. That`s clutch

Otaku
01-20-2013, 03:38 PM
Kobe is still considered clutch! So like someone said. His present alone makes them better. The lakers have to much talent. With Phil as their head coach, the lakers could probably win 3 more titles. Even with the Bulls coach or Doc Rivers.

Kobe being considered clutch does not make him clutch.

Only LA homers really consider him clutch, tbh.

jermaine
01-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Kobe being considered clutch does not make him clutch.

Only LA homers really consider him clutch, tbh.
A basketball fan considers Kobe clutch. Anyone who knows basketball without prejudice knows also. After Kobe there will be no other player who's ever considered on Jordans level. Labron doesn't have a killer instinct that a leader needs.

Mal
01-20-2013, 03:46 PM
A basketball fan considers Kobe clutch. Anyone who knows basketball without prejudice knows also. After Kobe there will be no other player who's ever considered on Jordans level. Labron doesn't have a killer instinct that a leader needs.

You`ve gotta be fucking kiddin

StrengthAndHonor
01-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Cant tell. Kobe is there every game, playing over 42 minutes.

Kobe should go down with a sprain or torn labrum or something and be gone for a month. I'm pretty sure the Lakers will most likely play better.

Mal
01-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Kobe should go down with a sprain or torn labrum or something and be gone for a month. I'm pretty sure the Lakers will most likely play better.

He`s already playing with any minor injury you can invent. Such warrior:(

Ghazi
01-20-2013, 04:05 PM
pretty sure Kobe has some insane +/- numbers this year. Lakers offense and even defense are better with Kobe thhis year.

StrengthAndHonor
01-20-2013, 04:16 PM
Thats why I hate stats. +/- Doesn't take other things into consideration such as throwing your teammates out of rhythm when you're scoring efficiently. And its why win shares are total BS. Kobe ranks 4th among all players this year.

Latarian Milton
01-20-2013, 09:46 PM
the team can't be any worse w/o him imho. nigga always wants to be the reason they win and when the team loses he's the first to escape from the blames. he took vast shots and bricked most of them in the games they lost, but he would later explain to you that was the best way to help his team because his teammates would've shot even poorer, so it comes down to the supporting casts like always. it's not like he doesn't have any teammates who can give him sort of help, he just refuses to accept any help from his teammates because of his huge ego