PDA

View Full Version : Arnold's new movie bombs

AaronY
01-20-2013, 09:05 PM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mama_2013/news/1926695/box_office_guru_wrapup_mama_tops_arnold_flops_over _mlk_weekend/

Debuting in tenth yikes

CubanSucks
01-20-2013, 09:27 PM
Is this seriously a thread?

It got a 7.6 on IMDB which isn't bad at all for a campy action movie

AaronY
01-20-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm just amazed it bombed so bad. I think this should be discussed...do people really dislike Arnold that much now?

Trainwreck2100
01-20-2013, 10:24 PM

It got a 7.6 on IMDB which isn't bad at all for a campy action movie

He doesn't mean rating he means $$$$ wise

And that's what they get for casting Johnny Knoxville in the role they originally interviewed stone cold steve austin for

TDMVPDPOY
01-21-2013, 02:20 AM
lol this clowns movies has gone down hill after the divorce....

Trainwreck2100
01-21-2013, 02:27 AM
you use the plural form like he's had more than one

CubanSucks
01-21-2013, 06:37 PM

And that's what they get for casting Johnny Knoxville in the role they originally interviewed stone cold steve austin for

yeah I got that, I'm just saying it's not so bad on BOTH ends

mFFL03
01-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Yeah I'm thinking the whole cheating on the wife thing isn't sitting well with the public.

As a side note, I saw Arnold out in Dallas the weekend he came to promote the movie. I was shopping at a western wear boot store and he was with a snarky PR rep who wouldn't leave his side. I realized I had to go through PR rep to get a picture with the big man. I asked, "Is it ok if i snap a pic with the big guy?", he disgustingly sneered "Nah, no, no.." and wouldn't even look me in the eye. There were 2 other people in the store so it's not like he was being bombarded for autographs or pictures.

The sad part? When I first realized it was Arnold, I thought Arnold the movie star, not Arnold the Governor.

Johnny Knoxville was twenty feet away..he was much nicer and provided me the opp to take a pic.

Reck
01-21-2013, 07:47 PM
The cheating had little to do with how poor the movie is doing imo.

Its more to do that he's a pretty shitty actor when he's talking too much and add to the fact he's been away from the business for like 10 years and now you figured he would generate a ton buzz when he's been away for a decade?

DesignatedT
01-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Better rating than I was expecting tbh

Spurs da champs
01-21-2013, 08:20 PM

Stone Cold don't plat a little bitch role tbh.

Reck
01-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Stone Cold don't plat a little bitch role tbh.

Really cause he played one in The Expandables.

Avante
01-22-2013, 06:58 PM
He has come a long long way from....Hercules in New York...or something like that, they even had his voice dubbed in.

When he talks about his body building in ..Arnold: The Education of a Bodybuilder...he makes it very clear, nothing and I mean nothing (not even the funeral of his father) stood in his way of acheiving his goal. Total/complete dedication. Yep, ate, slept...muscles. Ever waking moment he was focused on ...muscles...(no doubt during sex he's thinking pecs, traps and delts). I have no doubts he entered the movie business with that same pit bull mentality.

Nobody went to his movies to see grade A acting, it was all about cool one liners, action and Mr. Olympia. Take away the muscles and add real dialogue, of course it won't work. He really was Conan, keep it simple and out muscle it.

I saw "Conan The Barbarian" at a walk in, every bodybuilder in town was there.