PDA

View Full Version : From Green and White to Black and Silver?

msufan420
07-01-2005, 12:32 PM
I found an article at greenandwhite.com that states that MSU senior guard, Chris Hill, who was part of the trio on this year's Final Four team might get a shot with the Spurs while playing on their summer league team. He is one of Michigan State's all time leaders in 3 point goals. Not exceptionally fast or tall...he is only about 6'3" or 6'4"...but he does play within the "team concept", doesn't shy away from defense, and played both the point and shooting guard position during his 4 year stint with the Spartans. While I'm not a Spurs fan...it would be kinda cool if he could earn a roster spot.

Here's the article:
http://www.greenandwhite.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050701/GW0201/507010349/1026/gw0201

Spurologist
07-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Hill pulled a houdini the ncaa tournament, but i'm willing to see what he does in the summer leagues.
Chris Hill = Chris Duhon

Streaky shooters and above average defenders, but excellent magicians. Don't hold your breath on this guy people.

msufan420
07-01-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm not holding my breath for anything....In fact, Hill will be lucky to even make the team. If he does...most likely it would be an IR spot....along the lines of say Mike Wilks.

CubanMustGo
07-02-2005, 06:32 PM
What I found funny about this article was the following:

The Spurs and Bulls were among the teams interested in [Alan] Anderson, but he sees great opportunity with Charlotte, which is entering its second season as a franchise.

With the scrubs playing in Charlotte, no doubt the "opportunity" is that of making the team. Picking a team that lost over three times as many games as it won over the defending champions?

T Park
07-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Chris Hill = Chris Duhon

I thought Duhon played pretty damn well for the Bulls.

Guess not...

TheTruth
07-02-2005, 07:33 PM
What I found funny about this article was the following:

The Spurs and Bulls were among the teams interested in [Alan] Anderson, but he sees great opportunity with Charlotte, which is entering its second season as a franchise.

With the scrubs playing in Charlotte, no doubt the "opportunity" is that of making the team. Picking a team that lost over three times as many games as it won over the defending champions?
All most players need is the "opportunity".

*and on a side note*
I partied with a lot of MSU fans on 6th st during the Austin Regional, and they were real fucking cool. Except for this one dude who wanted to fight when we said the Pistons sucked.