PDA

View Full Version : Silver Linings Playbook

cantthinkofanything
01-21-2013, 03:38 PM
The wife and I don't get out to many movies that aren't geared to our 12 year old. Furthermore, when we do, we usually don't agree 100% on what to see. But on Saturday, we decided to go see Silver Linings Playbook. I'd say we were equally excited to see this movie. So...since it's Saturday, we get to the movie about 45 minutes early to get tickets and a decent seat. Spend $20 on popcorn, candy, and drinks. Sit down with about 30 minutes until the movie starts. They're showing ads at this point and half the screen is tinted red with a couple of fixed red images. Everyone is thinking that this will change when the previews start. Previews start and it's still messed up. Several people get up and leave (presumably to bring this to attention). Previews end and movie begins to start. The red images are still on the screen making it unwatchable. A couple of minutes in, the movie stops and they start messing with it. After about 15 minutes, the lights come on and someone comes in and tells us the bowl is messed up and that a manager will be in shortly to talk to us. A few minutes later, the manager comes in and explains she will be handing out passes. I'm thinking that surely they are going to give everyone 2 passes. But nope...when we get to the front of the line, she gives us each one pass. I just let it go at the time. But the more I think about it, the more pissed I get.

So we wasted about 1:30 driving to the movie and waiting. Bought $20 worth of snacks that would have cost me $5 in the outside world. And they give me a fucking pass that I can only use at the movie theater? So the theater comes out in the exact same financial position that they would have if the movie had run. And I'm out $20 bucks plus gas and 1:30 of my life.

silverblk mystix
01-21-2013, 04:16 PM
This aggression will not stand. Let's do something about it. I'm with you can't think of shit. Are you down?

Let's goooooooooo!!!!!!

lakerhaterade
01-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Hahahahahahahaha I'm glad your day was ruined

redzero
01-21-2013, 04:32 PM
tl;dr

Silver Linings Playbook was quite enjoyable, though.

resistanze
01-21-2013, 04:37 PM
lol @ one pass, you niggas got jacked

I remember some years ago watching that shitty movie Vantage Point, and the film burnt up half way through the movie. They gave out 2 x Movie for Two passes to each customer. It was such a mess you could grab another pair from another staff member.

Spur|n|Austin
01-21-2013, 04:42 PM
It was a pretty good movie, in regards to it being an award movie this season, Django and The Master were both better, imo. Sorry for the shitty experience, in the future bring some of your own snacks.

cantthinkofanything
01-21-2013, 05:05 PM
lol @ one pass, you niggas got jacked

I remember some years ago watching that shitty movie Vantage Point, and the film burnt up half way through the movie. They gave out 2 x Movie for Two passes to each customer. It was such a mess you could grab another pair from another staff member.

no doubt. I wish there was a nigga in there because they would have brought that shit up directly. Then the rest of us whites could piggyback on his anger and I bet we'd all have extra passes. But then again, a brotha going to see Silver Linings Playbook probably ain't the type to cause a ruckus anyway.

Spur|n|Austin
01-21-2013, 05:47 PM
But then again, a brotha going to see Silver Linings Playbook probably ain't the type to cause a ruckus anyway.

:lol

SA210
01-22-2013, 12:59 AM
no doubt. I wish there was a nigga in there because they would have brought that shit up directly. Then the rest of us whites could piggyback on his anger and I bet we'd all have extra passes. But then again, a brotha going to see Silver Linings Playbook probably ain't the type to cause a ruckus anyway.

I lol'ed

SA210
01-22-2013, 01:01 AM
Great movie btw :tu

Call corporate, they more than likely will send you more passes.

DesignatedT
01-22-2013, 01:03 AM
:lol

Avante
01-22-2013, 07:19 AM
You have a wife...???????????????????????????????????????

All this time I was thinking you were some deranged little kid, who else..."I fucked your mama"...what does your wife think about that?

Trill Clinton
01-22-2013, 07:48 AM
The wife and I don't get out to many movies that aren't geared to our 12 year old. Furthermore, when we do, we usually don't agree 100% on what to see. But on Saturday, we decided to go see Silver Linings Playbook. I'd say we were equally excited to see this movie. So...since it's Saturday, we get to the movie about 45 minutes early to get tickets and a decent seat. Spend $20 on popcorn, candy, and drinks. Sit down with about 30 minutes until the movie starts. They're showing ads at this point and half the screen is tinted red with a couple of fixed red images. Everyone is thinking that this will change when the previews start. Previews start and it's still messed up. Several people get up and leave (presumably to bring this to attention). Previews end and movie begins to start. The red images are still on the screen making it unwatchable. A couple of minutes in, the movie stops and they start messing with it. After about 15 minutes, the lights come on and someone comes in and tells us the bowl is messed up and that a manager will be in shortly to talk to us. A few minutes later, the manager comes in and explains she will be handing out passes. I'm thinking that surely they are going to give everyone 2 passes. But nope...when we get to the front of the line, she gives us each one pass. I just let it go at the time. But the more I think about it, the more pissed I get.

So we wasted about 1:30 driving to the movie and waiting. Bought $20 worth of snacks that would have cost me $5 in the outside world. And they give me a fucking pass that I can only use at the movie theater? So the theater comes out in the exact same financial position that they would have if the movie had run. And I'm out $20 bucks plus gas and 1:30 of my life.

http://rapradar.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/mj-gif.gif

mrsmaalox
01-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Just send them an email, they'll probably give you more passes. It's always worked for me.

Spurminator
01-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Yeah and those passes suck because they typically won't let you use them on movies that just opened.

cantthinkofanything
01-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Great movie btw :tu

Call corporate, they more than likely will send you more passes.

Just send them an email, they'll probably give you more passes. It's always worked for me.

Yeah and those passes suck because they typically won't let you use them on movies that just opened.

Yeah...after posting yesterday, I did end up sending an email to corporate from their online system. Tough as hell though to put it in 500 characters. I wasn't even able to tell them I did buttsex to their moms.

That will piss me off even more if those passes are limited. They came off of a big roll of tickets like you might get at the fair. If they don't have bar codes, I may see if I can scan them and make a couple of extra copies.

200 miles
01-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Best Picture winner. Book it.