PDA

View Full Version : Spurs NBDL

benjirh
07-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Does anyone have an idea of who might be playing in the NBDL. Is the rumor true that it is only for 1st or 2nd year players? I don't see Udrih or Scola going there. So that leaves no one from our current roster. Is there a chance that we would bring some of our other foreign commodities over and give them some pt there. Does anyone know about their buyouts?

Kori Ellis
07-01-2005, 01:23 PM
The problem with just signing players and sending them to the NBDL is that the NBA team has to pay them their NBA salary and they count as one of their 15 players. So unless the Spurs think they are going to call the person up at some point this season, then I don't think they'll waste a spot on someone and then send them to the NBDL.

MannyIsGod
07-01-2005, 01:25 PM
Actually, I could see them sending LJIII down to an NBL team if they choose to pickup his option. He's probably not going to get much playing time in the NBA and this will be a chance for him to actualy get some on the court time. That is of course unless they feel he would be better served by simply practicing with the team.

benjirh
07-01-2005, 02:05 PM
I guess I didn't realize that they count as one of the 15. Then it truly isn't a farm system. At least not like baseballs. As far as Johnson goes, won't he be a 3rd year player.