PDA

View Full Version : Spurs deserved to lose tonight. That 2003 defense, though

spursmartyr
01-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Glad though that the Spurs came back and won at the end with 2003 defense instead of making a bunch of lucky shots. The Sixers really derped, though :lmao

exstatic
01-21-2013, 09:45 PM
SA stoned them the last 5 minutes.

freetiago
01-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Pop with his usual terrible rotation killed it
getting cocky with his subpar bench without Manu is no good
should be subbing at the 7-8 minute mark but he likes to go to the 5 minute mark

Spurs Brazil
01-21-2013, 09:46 PM
The run started when Pop brought Tiago back to finish the game with TD. Nice move

cd021
01-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Pop with his usual terrible rotation killed it
getting cocky with his subpar bench without Manu is no good
should be subbing at the 7-8 minute mark but he likes to go to the 5 minute mark

He was trying to milk the lead which he usually does, and considering Duncan's play down the stretch it worked to some degree. He did send Parker & Duncan back in at the 7:07 mark in the fourth. Because Tiago played Most of the 3rd and some of the forth he played small to give Tiago a breather then sent him back into to put that work in.

cd021
01-21-2013, 10:02 PM
SA stoned them the last 5 minutes.

I was worried until i realized that we were playing the 76ers and then they held them to 14 straight empty possessions (defensive efficiency stat padding). Still we had no business being down to that team after the 1st quarter.

freetiago
01-21-2013, 10:03 PM
More like his microball lineup of parker/neal/green/leonard/duncan couldnt hit a shot or defend so he sent in splitter to get at least 1 of green/neal off

cd021
01-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Kawhi Leonard going opening night on the 76'ers late played for the most part great. Some missed open shots and missed that second dunk, which pissed me off, but overall very good.

cd021
01-21-2013, 10:05 PM
More like his microball lineup of parker/neal/green/leonard/duncan couldnt hit a shot or defend so he sent in splitter to get at least 1 of green/neal off

That lineup was essentially the lineup with out captain (played pretty badly), So Kawhi played the four. Neal was pretty quite tonight but you couldn't just throw out De Colo. The unit worked well and Tiago helped shut down the paint later.

hooperflash
01-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Missed that second dunk, which pissed me off.

I wonder if he's heard of using two hands to dunk the ball sometimes.. :rolleyes
I am still proud of what he brought for us tonight though.

dunkman
01-21-2013, 10:30 PM
The '03 team used to collapse often and lose 20 pts leads like nothing.
The '05 had way much more swagger tbh.

timvp
01-21-2013, 10:39 PM
The Spurs were the much better team for the majority of the night. Not sure why they deserved to lose, tbh.

And 1999 defense would have been the better comparison.

cd021
01-21-2013, 11:12 PM
I wonder if he's heard of using two hands to dunk the ball sometimes.. :rolleyes
I am still proud of what he brought for us tonight though.

One handed cooler ,i guess. Duncan really should have dropped the hammer on that dunk.

racm
01-22-2013, 12:42 AM
Timmy D's case for DPOY just got high. Unfortunately for him the same can be said for Noah. :D

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2013, 12:52 AM
Duncan has actually been receiving a lot of media praise for his defense this year..this could finally be the year he gets his due..

Sean Cagney
01-22-2013, 01:27 AM
The '03 team used to collapse often and lose 20 pts leads like nothing.
The '05 had way much more swagger tbh.

Yes the 03 team did lose leads, but when they focused and got down to it in a must win game they would kick your ass! That team had a ton of talent on it.

racm
01-22-2013, 03:00 AM
Yes the 03 team did lose leads, but when they focused and got down to it in a must win game they would kick your ass! That team had a ton of talent on it.

So does this team. Sure, Green is super streaky and Neal can shoot you out of as many games as he can win you, they're still bona fide NBA talent. Leonard and Splitter are very talented, won't be surprised to see them get an All-Star nod in a year or two.

Sean Cagney
01-22-2013, 03:14 AM
So does this team. Sure, Green is super streaky and Neal can shoot you out of as many games as he can win you, they're still bona fide NBA talent. Leonard and Splitter are very talented, won't be surprised to see them get an All-Star nod in a year or two.

Yes this team has a ton of talent on it! Too bad it doesn't have a superstar like Tim in 03 to take over a game or the playoffs! I don't see the comparison now to 03 at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This team has a ton of talent, but unliked 03 Tim is not in his damn prime to take over the planet for 4 series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW like you said a year or two for all star! Maybe, that can be. I meant this year compared to 03 Spurs.

TrainOfThought5
01-22-2013, 03:24 AM
Yes this team has a ton of talent on it! Too bad it doesn't have a superstar like Tim in 03 to take over a game or the playoffs! I don't see the comparison now to 03 at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This team has a ton of talent, but unliked 03 Tim is not in his damn prime to take over the planet for 4 series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW like you said a year or two for all star! Maybe, that can be. I meant this year compared to 03 Spurs.

i was staying in vegas at the time and vividly remember blowing off friends and family to watch Tim Duncan absolutely destroy the nets.