PDA

View Full Version : Need news on Kawhi's injury

Wildcat67
01-21-2013, 10:12 PM
If he misses significant time it's gonna be severely depressing and I feel retard the progression of the team. If last season is any indicator Kawhi gets better and better the more he plays, his injury earlier in the year IMO stunted that progression, and if it happens again it's like starting over again.

This team will be no fun to watch without Kawhi.

ace3g
01-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Why did Kawhi Leonard leave Spurs-76ers game? Sez he cut his kneecap wide open on a nail sticking up in the court after a fall -Monroe

LakerHater
01-21-2013, 11:06 PM
cut his kneecap wide open on a nail sticking up in the court after a fall

benfti
01-21-2013, 11:15 PM
what the hell, how does an NBA court have loose nails hanging off them? I find that hard to believe.

LakerHater
01-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Might've been the the wood slightly uneven & a corner caught'em!

Wildcat67
01-21-2013, 11:43 PM
I hope this is true, but why would you limp from a cut, and how come there was no blood I could see?

Darius McCrary
01-21-2013, 11:44 PM
This can't be real. But I hope it is.

BatManu20
01-21-2013, 11:47 PM
On a nail? Lol no. Maybe a piece of the hardwood was slightly raised and he cut it on that. Even so, the wood should be perfectly level. Weird set of events.

timvp
01-21-2013, 11:47 PM
That makes sense. When they were working on Leonard on the sidelines, the Asian trainer was wearing gloves. That means there was blood involved. So, yeah, this is good news. The fact that it's a flesh wound and not anything structural is great.

timtonymanu
01-21-2013, 11:51 PM
Weird injury. Glad it's nothing serious at all.

Steve-O-Matic
01-21-2013, 11:52 PM
I thought Woody, Norm and the guys put all those bolts back in the floor. Oh wait, that was the Boston Garden.

ElNono
01-21-2013, 11:54 PM
That makes sense. When they were working on Leonard on the sidelines, the Asian trainer was wearing gloves. That means there was blood involved. So, yeah, this is good news. The fact that it's a flesh wound and not anything structural is great.

I can confirm this... Tim asked what happened and Chinese dude said cut...

BatManu20
01-21-2013, 11:54 PM

http://i45.tinypic.com/majnyd.gif

Darius McCrary
01-21-2013, 11:55 PM
That would make kawhi not only a total baby but even more dumb for that foul.

HI-FI
01-21-2013, 11:57 PM
Pop's reaction was fucking hilarious tbh, but least it's nothing structural.

I can't believe a nail would be on the floor, but then again, it is Philadelphia...

Libri
01-22-2013, 12:04 AM
What's up with these shoddy NBA courts. First there was that bent rim against the Warriors and now nails sticking out.

timvp
01-22-2013, 12:21 AM
That would make kawhi not only a total baby but even more dumb for that foul.

Dumb foul but the refs should have stopped the action. If he was bleeding, that's supposed to be an automatic stoppage of play. Kawhi looked unsure what to do ... but at least now he knows he should alert the ref, not foul.

ElNono
01-22-2013, 12:28 AM
It was a mistake... Pop called up Danny, turns around and yells at Khawi... Khawi immediately fouls and Pop grabs his head :lol

Kawhi walked to Pop and told him "I though you wanted me to foul". tbh, Pop was sorta mad, but not really screaming at him. He realized it was a misunderstanding...

When Kawhi walked to the bench, coach Bud asked him if he was allright, and Kawhi said yeah. He sat down and China man asked for a spray... At the next timeout, Tim asked what happened, and China told him it was a cut...

Spur|n|Austin
01-22-2013, 12:37 AM
Hopefully it's a flesh wound like posters are claiming, btw guys, his name is Daisuke Yamaguchi, he's the former Toros AT.

capek
01-22-2013, 12:38 AM
Man, fucking crazy. I can't believe they actually use nails on NBA courts. I thought it was all interlinking planks of wood or something.

If it's just a cut that's no big deal, unless he needs stitches. And if the cut is on a mobile part of the leg like the knee, that could take some healing before he can play. As long as it's not serious I'm ok. Kawhi seems to learn best when he has court time to figure things out. I really hope he doesn't miss any time, as he's been looking really good the last two games.

Leetonidas
01-22-2013, 12:43 AM
China man :lol

crc21209
01-22-2013, 12:48 AM
I always wondered who that Jeremy Lin looking guy was. :lol But anyway, Kawhi seemed OK because after the initial fall he got back on the offensive end of the floor and even cut from the 3 point line in the corner to the basket running on it, so I figured he was OK. Good thing it was only a flesh wound, but damn....a nail sticking out on the court? That's not good...

DJB
01-22-2013, 12:58 AM
If it involved stitches (which I'm guessing it did) he could still miss some time.

BillMc
01-22-2013, 01:16 AM

:toast:toast Knight Leonard is invincible!

Man In Black
01-22-2013, 02:34 AM
Get it right...
He's Japanese.
http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/120912_rodriguez_yamaguchi

racm
01-22-2013, 02:54 AM
I always wondered who that Jeremy Lin looking guy was. :lol But anyway, Kawhi seemed OK because after the initial fall he got back on the offensive end of the floor and even cut from the 3 point line in the corner to the basket running on it, so I figured he was OK. Good thing it was only a flesh wound, but damn....a nail sticking out on the court? That's not good...

Isn't the Wells Fargo Center a pretty old building?

pookenstein
01-22-2013, 04:07 AM

:rollin

hater
01-22-2013, 04:33 AM
A rusty fuckin nail could kill u

Obstructed_View
01-22-2013, 05:55 AM
A rusty fuckin nail could kill u

I really hope a world-class athlete worth millions of dollars has access to tetanus shots.

Slippy
01-22-2013, 08:32 AM
first thought was "its his knee again". glad it wasn't .

Crazy there's a nail on the court and just as crazy, the blood rule wasn't in effect.

manufan10
01-22-2013, 10:13 AM
I thought Woody, Norm and the guys put all those bolts back in the floor. Oh wait, that was the Boston Garden.

:lol

silverblk mystix
01-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Pop acted like an asshole. I saw when Kawhi went down and wondered when Pop would call a 20 sec t/o but he let kawhi wobble around the floor. Then Kawhi-out of coufusion - takes matters into his own hands and Pop acts like a total douche instead of worrying about his future paycheck.

Looked like an asshole too after he realized Kawhi did the best he could under the circumstances.

DisAsTerBot
01-22-2013, 11:24 AM
^ :sleep

Spur|n|Austin
01-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Pop acted like an asshole. I saw when Kawhi went down and wondered when Pop would call a 20 sec t/o but he let kawhi wobble around the floor. Then Kawhi-out of coufusion - takes matters into his own hands and Pop acts like a total douche instead of worrying about his future paycheck.

Looked like an asshole too after he realized Kawhi did the best he could under the circumstances.

He also calmed down and rubbed the back of his neck.. He was just upset Kawhi used a foul, when he wanted a time out instead.

Obstructed_View
01-22-2013, 11:45 AM

Dude, what fucking game are you watching? Pop looked puzzled, asked him why he fouled, and then gave him a pat and sent him to the bench. What KL did was hugely stupid and could have cost the Spurs the game. It's the coach's job to tell a player that.

BTW, you can't call a timeout when you're on defense. You know that, right? Pop asked KL if he was okay, KL made a cut on the offensive side of the floor and looked fine, then pulled up as Duncan made the basket and motioned to Pop that he needed to come out. The time to ask Pop to call a timeout was before the basket was made.

What KL could have done was shown the blood to the ref and they'd have called a time out. Don't know if they'd have done it when the Spurs were on defense though. Would have been better than an intentional foul inside 2 minutes.

DesignatedT
01-22-2013, 11:54 AM

What? lol

ace3g
01-22-2013, 11:58 AM
I thought the opposite, once Kawhi walked past Pop, Pop had that look of concern he has when a player might be severely injured. I was really worried about Kawhi once the TNT cameras panned to Pop's face.

silverblk mystix
01-22-2013, 11:58 AM
He also calmed down and rubbed the back of his neck.. He was just upset Kawhi used a foul, when he wanted a time out instead.

Pop is the coach - he should have been the one to take charge and call the time-out or else stfu and deal with a young player's inexperience and "teach" instead of try to embarrass him.

DesignatedT
01-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Kawhi almost cost the Spurs the game. This happens every night in the NBA. Nobody commits intentional fouls within the last 2 minutes of the game if they are hurt. That's a bonehead play in a tight game. Pop wasn't trying to embarrass anyone. He was trying to win the fucking game :lmao

If Pop knew it was that serious then Kawhi should have told him when we were on offense and we could have called timeout, not when we were on defense. And even if it was a "cut on the knee" Kawhi should have played through it that last defensive possession and then called timeout once we got the ball. It's not like he was going to die out there or anything.

Not sure if you are trolling or what but what a retarded ass statement.

silverblk mystix
01-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Kawhi almost cost the Spurs the game. This happens every night in the NBA. Nobody commits intentional fouls within the last 2 minutes of the game if they are hurt. That's a bonehead play in a tight game. Pop wasn't trying to embarrass anyone. He was trying to win the fucking game :lmao

If Pop knew it was that serious then Kawhi should have told him when we were on offense and we could have called timeout. Not when we are on defense.

Not sure if you are trolling or what but what a retarded ass statement.

Not trolling -just think that Pop should have used the opportunity to teach a young player in a postive way instead of flipping out and flailing his hands over his head and then bitching out Kawhi - before realizing Kawhi was possibly injured....

at which point Pop went into panic mode and went ..."oh fuck" :lmao

Watch the game or re-watch the game before making comments.

DesignatedT
01-22-2013, 12:18 PM
I did re-watch it. Kawhi made a bonehead play that could have cost the Spurs the game. Pop let him know that it was a bonehead play. I don't care if you have a hurt knee, you don't make that foul. Kawhi will not be making that foul in the future.

silverblk mystix
01-22-2013, 12:34 PM
I did re-watch it. Kawhi made a bonehead play that could have cost the Spurs the game. Pop let him know that it was a bonehead play. I don't care if you have a hurt knee, you don't make that foul. Kawhi will not be making that foul in the future.

Well, I hope you are right and that Pop's method was effective. Hope it ends up being a positive. End result, should be all that matters.

Still thought it was kinda funny how Pop looked like an asshole.

Spur|n|Austin
01-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Well, I hope you are right and that Pop's method was effective. Hope it ends up being a positive. End result, should be all that matters.

Still thought it was kinda funny how Pop looked like an asshole.

Pop looks like an asshole all day everyday, unless of course he's fouling Shaq on the first play of the game...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fXYxAqq4K2c/T84lowag98I/AAAAAAAAEds/WB12t8C1rSM/s1600/Gregg-popovich-thumbs-up.png

Obstructed_View
01-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Not trolling -just think that Pop should have used the opportunity to teach a young player in a postive way instead of flipping out and flailing his hands over his head and then bitching out Kawhi - before realizing Kawhi was possibly injured....

at which point Pop went into panic mode and went ..."oh fuck" :lmao

Watch the game or re-watch the game before making comments.

I've watched that part of the game several times, and went in and watched it again before replying to your post. At no point do I see Pop flipping out or flailing his hands. In fact I don't see where he's bitching out Kawhi, though Reggie and Barkley mentioned that he did, but complimented the way he went about it. KL did something retardedly stupid and Pop didn't try to embarrass him, he simply asked why he was intentionally fouling and then gave him an affectionate pat on the way to the bench. Again, KL walked RIGHT PAST Pop after the fall, and Pop asked him if he was okay. KL flexed his knee a few times and then cut across the baseline without any problem.

Still think it's kind of funny where you look like an asshole.

buttsR4rebounding
01-22-2013, 12:55 PM
That's one of the funniest scenes of all time. Whenever someone gets hurt around my house someone is going to say "It's only a flesh wound".

Brazil
01-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Is silverblk mystix (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=18982) our best Pop hater ?

silverblk mystix
01-22-2013, 01:01 PM
I've watched that part of the game several times, and went in and watched it again before replying to your post. At no point do I see Pop flipping out or flailing his hands. In fact I don't see where he's bitching out Kawhi, though Reggie and Barkley mentioned that he did, but complimented the way he went about it. KL did something retardedly stupid and Pop didn't try to embarrass him, he simply asked why he was intentionally fouling and then gave him an affectionate pat on the way to the bench. Again, KL walked RIGHT PAST Pop after the fall, and Pop asked him if he was okay. KL flexed his knee a few times and then cut across the baseline without any problem.

Still think it's kind of funny where you look like an asshole.

Ok, settle down Francis.

If Kawhi has tough skin -it will be alright. No need for name-calling here if you disagree.

I stand by my original comment whether you agree or not.

silverblk mystix
01-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Is silverblk mystix (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=18982) our best Pop hater ?

Just call em as I see em. Spurs fans getting defensive.

Obstructed_View
01-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Ok, settle down Francis.

If Kawhi has tough skin -it will be alright. No need for name-calling here if you disagree.

I stand by my original comment whether you agree or not.

It has nothing to do with "agreeing". Your take is based on events that you completely fabricated. Then your defense was to tell people to go back and watch. Nope, still not there. Standing by your original comment is what makes you an asshole.

silverblk mystix
01-22-2013, 01:07 PM
It has nothing to do with "agreeing". Your take is based on events that you completely fabricated. Then your defense was to tell people to go back and watch. Nope, still not there. Standing by your original comment is what makes you an asshole.

OK sure, got it.

Juggity
01-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Kawhi's health is more important than this one game's outcome tbh. Whether he made a stupid decision or not is immaterial — he can learn from mistakes. Now he knows the rules on it. Frankly, I'm glad he sought medical attention as quickly as possible rather than aggravating the injury.

He'll know better next time how to act in the situation.

spurtech09
01-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Kl cut himself on a nail?Thats a first in tne nba.....Time to sue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ace3g
01-22-2013, 02:44 PM
“I just hit the hardwood on one of those nails, really hard,” said Leonard, who made two of the biggest plays of the period for the Spurs. “It busted my knee wide open.

“It kind of felt funny when I tried to explode up the court when we got the ball and I tried to cut to the basket, so I had to come out and see what was wrong before I injured it worse.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2013/01/21/spurs-respond-derail-sixers%E2%80%99-charge-with-closing-spurt/

Don't like what how the bolded part sounds, but hopefully nothing serious

Whisky Dog
01-22-2013, 02:45 PM
There aren't any exposed nails on NBA courts, this isn't the damn Taiwanese league... He said nail because he didn't see what actually cut him. Had to be a part of the wood that raised or splintered, but that should be noticed pregame by the arena crew. If it happened during the game, then that's just a crazy coincidence Leonard's knee would find it.

Bill_Brasky
01-22-2013, 02:50 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2013/01/21/spurs-respond-derail-sixers%E2%80%99-charge-with-closing-spurt/

Don't like what how the bolded part sounds, but hopefully nothing serious

Wow....pretty disappointed in the NBA right now. Not like teams don't have enough injuries without having to worry about nails sticking up out of the court......

LittleCriminal
01-22-2013, 03:17 PM
The only Nail Spurs Fans really should worry about...

.http://images.persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/david-stern.jpg

spurraider21
01-22-2013, 09:44 PM
By a wide margin. He's the author of that stupid popsuckers thread. He'll keep talking about how terrible pop is, but never seems to propose
an alternative

spurtech09
01-22-2013, 10:38 PM
I hear that Kawhi busted his knee wide open and that he couldn't run....He said it felt weird when he moved.....hope hes alright

spurtech09
01-22-2013, 10:42 PM
“I just hit the hardwood on one of those nails, really hard,” said Leonard, who made two of the biggest plays of the period for the Spurs. “It busted my knee wide open.
“It kind of felt funny when I tried to explode up the court when we got the ball and I tried to cut to the basket, so I had to come out and see what was wrong before I injured it worse.”

exstatic
01-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Pop is the coach - he should have been the one to take charge and call the time-out or else stfu and deal with a young player's inexperience and "teach" instead of try to embarrass him.

You can't call a timeout on defense. Learn a rule or two.

spurtech09
01-22-2013, 10:45 PM
If he busted his knee wide open than thats not good....maybe be out for atleast a month for his knee to heal ....

aal04
01-22-2013, 10:53 PM
China man :lol

fuarken lol..
Why am i picturing this...

http://i.imgur.com/Kw0RFLs.jpg

HI-FI
01-23-2013, 02:36 AM
fuarken lol..
Why am i picturing this...

http://i.imgur.com/Kw0RFLs.jpg
:lol
that's pretty good. too bad Lo Pan isn't on our team, he'd hook us up if we gave him some bitches with green eyes.

silverblk mystix
01-23-2013, 05:22 AM
You can't call a timeout on defense. Learn a rule or two.

The Spurs had the ball when Kawhi intentionally fouled. Pay attention and learn a rule or two before posting.

Trainwreck2100
01-23-2013, 07:25 AM
If the Spurs had the ball when kawhi intentionally fouled the the 76ers wouldn't have gotten a free throw and the ball out of bounds. Learn a rule or two