PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Magic Johnson after the Dallas swept the Lakers in 2011

lefty
01-22-2013, 12:57 AM
" blow the team up, I sayyyyyyyyyyyyyy "

He was probably right. The current team is more or less the dame as the 2011 version (save for Odom and general Sanders)

- center position : they basically traded an Oden for another Oden
- Nash, like Fisher, cant play D on a 5 year old
- D is still meh

Stop the bleeding and stop pretending you are a GM, Mitch

irishock
01-22-2013, 12:58 AM
The Student has become the Teacher.

lefty
01-22-2013, 01:16 AM
true true

Ashy Larry
01-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Actually he was right. They tried to do what the Lakers did after they lost back-to-back titles in 83' and '84. They tried to upgrade. Lakers had just added McAdoo in '82 and drafted J Dub and traded Nixon for Scott. They could have made major moves after Moses went apeshit on the Lakers (fo fo fo) but I still think Mitch made a great move getting Howard. The main problem was the coaches selected. One coach who was great at defense and sucked at offense. Lakers were a good defensive team because of the limited possessions but couldn't score for shit. Now it's the opposite. Soon as they hired MDA, I said, who's gonna be the stretch four Jamison? That kills Gasol. And it's been downhills since day 1.

lefty
04-07-2013, 05:11 PM
bump

Deuce Bigalow
04-07-2013, 07:32 PM
They did. But Stern vetoed the trade. Bbbbbut but Stern rigs games for Lakers!!

UZER
04-07-2013, 07:42 PM
They did. But Stern vetoed the trade. Bbbbbut but Stern rigs games for Lakers!!

And you got Dwight a month later. In hindsight it was the not as good as Paul, but at the time, this board was riddled with LMFAO at other NBA teams threads.

Clipper Nation
04-07-2013, 07:49 PM
They did. But Stern vetoed the trade.

Because he had a team to sell, and Odom and Scola weren't cutting it as a return for CP3, tbh...

Deuce Bigalow
04-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Because he had a team to sell, and Odom and Scola weren't cutting it as a return for CP3, tbh...
Lamar Odom, Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, and Goran Dragic.

What did Stern accept instead? Please tell me?

Deuce Bigalow
04-07-2013, 07:59 PM
And you got Dwight a month later. In hindsight it was the not as good as Paul, but at the time, this board was riddled with LMFAO at other NBA teams threads.
No, the Lakers got Dwight a season later. CP3 trade was December 2011, weeks before the lockout season was about to start. And after Stern stepped and vetoed the trade, it ruined Lamar Odom. Odom just won the 6th man of the year award and the Lakers gave him away for nothing because it ruined him mentally. Lakers had the worst bench in the league last season if I remember correctly.

Thebesteva
04-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Magic Johnson was bashed by Laker fans for saying the truth for the last 3 years. He also said Jim Buss doesn't know what he's doing but Laker fans shitted on him unanimously. Laker fans are smart tbh

UZER
04-07-2013, 08:05 PM
:lol my mind said year...my hands typed month.

Clipper Nation
04-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Lamar Odom, Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, and Goran Dragic.

What did Stern accept instead? Please tell me?

An extra lottery pick and Eric Gordon >>>>>>> those contracts

Deuce Bigalow
04-07-2013, 08:08 PM
An extra lottery pick and Eric Gordon >>>>>>> those contracts
Stern accepted an offer that was worse. I already know you're a dumbass, but you can't be that dumb to think that Eric I miss every game Gordon and Chris Kaman is better than Dragic, Scola, Martin, and Odom.

baseline bum
04-07-2013, 10:04 PM
No, the Lakers got Dwight a season later. CP3 trade was December 2011, weeks before the lockout season was about to start. And after Stern stepped and vetoed the trade, it ruined Lamar Odom. Odom just won the 6th man of the year award and the Lakers gave him away for nothing because it ruined him mentally. Lakers had the worst bench in the league last season if I remember correctly.

The lockout ruined Odom, not the trade being rescinded. He put on a huge amount of weight sitting home with his cow every day, and he was ruined physically.