PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: FG = 7 of 22, 3PT = 0 of 6 for 16 total points

BRHornet45
01-22-2013, 05:10 AM
I mean at what point does the green light get taken away? when a player is consistently eliminating the chance of better shot opportunities for his teammates in order to try and inflate his points per game average that is just wrong. only in the NBA is this type of foolish behavior allowed when it comes to "star players".

look at the real facts and statistics people. not just the "points per game average" that ESPN and the rest of the sports media crams down your throat. remember they are out to sell the product and are not going to highlight the real facts and statistics that actually matter.

Mal
01-22-2013, 05:41 AM
NBA all-star caliber players having more shots attempts than points, in refsball league, when you can get up to 12 FTs for basiclly driving to the basket, is rather embarassing.

midnightpulp
01-22-2013, 05:46 AM
Spitting truth, son.

How 'bout dem two daggers dat dude Belinelli hit?

racm
01-22-2013, 08:04 AM
Pau was the best Laker earlier today and yet he gets shafted on SportsCenter. :lmao

Also, Kobe's just regressing to the mean after he abandoned driving in favor of jump shots, tbh... At this rate KD should be winning the scoring title per par

scanry
01-22-2013, 08:17 AM
BR with them goods.

Son, god bless you and your family.

Clipper Nation
01-22-2013, 08:23 AM
:lol Kirby

DMC
01-22-2013, 08:46 AM
For fans of players, wins are not that important, at least not as important as individual accolades. A good deal of Kobe's fortune comes from his fans, and they love using his stats as talking points to justify their fagdom.

scanry
01-22-2013, 10:19 AM
For fans of players, wins are not that important, at least not as important as individual accolades. A good deal of Kobe's fortune comes from his fans, and they love using his stats as talking points to justify their fagdom.

Not true. TMac would've been equally as famous.

mindcrime
01-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Not true. TMac would've been equally as famous.

TMac never played for a market like LA. The fagdom is strong with us.

Medvedenko
01-22-2013, 02:29 PM
The team is broken and has been broken the entire year. Too many injuries, too many coaches, too many systems and WAY too many excuses by the players. They need to find an identity and if it's small ball with Pau off the bench than so be it. Going back and forth with the lineups and systems is a recipe for disaster (re this season). The NBA has changed to an up tempo game the last few years and small ball is prevailing a lot more with ball hawk defense and players that can play multiple positions. I like that kind of ball and subscribe to it on my own men's league team. The Lakers will adjust as they always do, maybe personal issues are in order.

Is Kobe taking too many shots...no, he's missing too many, that's the problem.

Clipper Nation
01-22-2013, 02:57 PM
:lol Speaking of this, Dwight's been bringing the rare goods apparently:

http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2013/01/22/report-dwight-howard-mocks-kobes-shooting-behind-his-back/

Despite Kobe Bryant shooting at a career-high level, Howard has mocked Bryant’s shooting stats behind his back when he hasn’t shot well, leaving Lakers teammates feeling awfully uncomfortable... After the game he brought a stat sheet around the locker room to show some teammates and reporters how he got only five field-goal attempts.

Medvedenko
01-22-2013, 03:02 PM

http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2013/01/22/report-dwight-howard-mocks-kobes-shooting-behind-his-back/

If true, that alone is a bitch move and wouldn't be tolerated on a men's league let alone a pro team.

Clipper Nation
01-22-2013, 03:05 PM
If true, that alone is a bitch move and wouldn't be tolerated on a men's league let alone a pro team.
This is the same team that tolerates Kobe's atrocious shot selection, ballhogging, coach-killing, and pathological teammate-blaming though....

midnightpulp
01-22-2013, 03:28 PM

As much of a selfish, glory hog, stat-padding prick Bryant is, can't really blame him for freezing out Duh-White. Every time he catches the ball in the post, the proverbial circus music plays.

As for the article (and if you heard Dwight's post game interview last night), Dwight seems totally miserable in Los Angeles playing alongside Kirby and in D'Antoni's system. Mitch is gonna have to fellate that chimp in a manner that would make a Sunset Blvd whore blush to get him to resign.

Ashy Larry
01-22-2013, 03:38 PM
32% and he still gets to eat first??? Time to blow this shit up.

Cry Havoc
01-22-2013, 03:44 PM
32% and he still gets to eat first??? Time to blow this shit up.

The sad thing is, they are locked into this team basically unless they can make a huge trade. Outside of Brooklyn, I don't see it happening, and I can't see them getting even close to equal value for Howard there.

Kobe's $30mil contract is a fucking albatross that can't fly any longer.

Ashy Larry
01-22-2013, 03:57 PM
The sad thing is, they are locked into this team basically unless they can make a huge trade. Outside of Brooklyn, I don't see it happening, and I can't see them getting even close to equal value for Howard there.

Kobe's $30mil contract is a fucking albatross that can't fly any longer.

It happens with most players that deliver titles to their cities. They win rings and then get this huge extention which will go into the end of their careers when they've lost most of what got them those titles: see Bryant and A Rod. Now I don't mind them giving him the lootage because the Lakers will spend and usually have gone out to get the best player out there. That's what you want in an owner. They gambled and crapped out. They've got one more year on that contract - thank God, Howard who's probably not going to resign, Gasol who's now a three point shooter and you know it's bad when most Laker fans were putting their hopes on the return of a 38 year-old point guard who couldn't guard a goldfish. I said it before, until they sure up that bench, even with the so-called big 4, they won't win shit.

It's all bad.

scanry
01-22-2013, 08:51 PM
It happens with most players that deliver titles to their cities. They win rings and then get this huge extention which will go into the end of their careers when they've lost most of what got them those titles: see Bryant and A Rod. Now I don't mind them giving him the lootage because the Lakers will spend and usually have gone out to get the best player out there. That's what you want in an owner. They gambled and crapped out. They've got one more year on that contract - thank God, Howard who's probably not going to resign, Gasol who's now a three point shooter and you know it's bad when most Laker fans were putting their hopes on the return of a 38 year-old point guard who couldn't guard a goldfish. I said it before, until they sure up that bench, even with the so-called big 4, they won't win shit.

It's all bad.

You're wrong. A franchise player who has won multiple chips for an organization shouldn't ask for more than $20 mil/yr.

BUMP
01-22-2013, 08:58 PM
ball hawk defense and players that can play multiple positions. I like that kind of ball and subscribe to it on my own men's league team.

crofl

http://boxofficedocinema.blogs.sapo.pt/arquivo/JHCV1538x1048_JHK0038-05A.JPG

racm
01-22-2013, 09:48 PM
You're wrong. A franchise player who has won multiple chips for an organization shouldn't ask for more than $20 mil/yr.

True. The best big man in the league isn't even earning 10 million a year.

Samuel Eto'o
01-22-2013, 09:59 PM
on my own men's league team.

be tolerated on a men's league

Did they finally let highlights into the Y or something?

LakeShow
01-22-2013, 10:19 PM
As much of a selfish, glory hog, stat-padding prick Bryant is, can't really blame him for freezing out Duh-White. Every time he catches the ball in the post, the proverbial circus music plays.

As for the article (and if you heard Dwight's post game interview last night), Dwight seems totally miserable in Los Angeles playing alongside Kirby and in D'Antoni's system. Mitch is gonna have to fellate that chimp in a manner that would make a Sunset Blvd whore blush to get him to resign.

Don't forget the many passes that hit him in the back of the head because he turned around. Doesn't act like a player who wants the ball. Fuck Dwight! If you can't adjust to the mamba, get your ass out of here. Every year the talk is Kobe shoots too much....And? Tell us something we don't know. He shot his way to 5 NBA titles in LA so it means nothing. We expect it and we expect a commitment to excellence. Something we're not seeing from Dwight.

scanry
01-22-2013, 10:56 PM
In all seriousness, Dwight can neither post up nor can he monkeyball his a$$ to a title. That's a flawed big man right there. As bb's nick name suggests, he's at best a slightly better version of Shaun Kemp.

I say trade Dwight to Brookyln for Lopez and 2 first round draft picks. Brook will be a perfect fit for the triangle when Phil (or Brian Shaw) comes back to LA this off-season.