PDA

View Full Version : Nets: Nets to pursue Dwight trade

Clipper Nation
01-22-2013, 01:08 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225723/Source_Nets_Preparing_To_Pursue_Trade_For_Dwight

Jan 22, 2013 11:02 AM EST

The Brooklyn Nets are preparing to make another run at Dwight Howard, according to a source.

Playing in Brooklyn with Deron Williams and Joe Johnson was at the top of Howard’s list last summer and the Nets are convinced that he still has a strong desire to make the Barclays Center his home office. The Nets have played well under P.J. Carlesimo and feel like the addition of Howard could be the piece that gets them to the NBA Finals.

Nets general manager Billy King has closely monitored the struggling Lakers and quietly searched for a third team with an attractive piece that would help facilitate a trade that would deliver Howard to the Nets, according to sources.

The Lakers have struggled through injuries, a coaching change and a lack of chemistry this season. The team is currently 17-24 and facing the reality that missing the playoffs seems inevitable. The feeling out of Brooklyn is that Howard can be had for the right price because of the Lakers’ struggles and long-term commitment to a collection of pieces that just don’t seem to fit or complement Howard’s assortment of skills.

The only missing element was a third team with an attractive piece that would force the Lakers to consider the future of the franchise and directly question Howard about the direction he’s leaning at this point of the season. King, according to sources, was confident that he had a trade proposal that was a perfect fit for all teams involved.

According to sources, King was planning to contact the Minnesota Timberwolves in order to gauge their interest in a three-team trade that would send Kevin Love to the Lakers, Brook Lopez to the Timberwolves and Dwight Howard to the Nets. Other small pieces would need to be included, but the proposed trade was thought to be intriguing enough to start conversations in the Lakers front office that would force them to deal with Howard earlier than planned.

That idea, however, was shelved when Love was sidelined 8-10 weeks with a broken hand. The Nets believed the Lakers would be interested in Love, but not an injured Love, even if they’re facing missing the playoffs, according to sources.

King will still look around for an attractive piece for the Lakers, but won’t make getting Howard as big a priority as last season, according to sources. But he will continue to watch the Lakers and explore intriguing trade options, sources said.

StrengthAndHonor
01-22-2013, 01:11 PM
I mentioned this on the other thread. Tbh this is the best plan for their future. Trade Howard for Brook and get some draft picks and shed a salary in the process.

Richie
01-22-2013, 01:20 PM
They'll be shedding at most $9m in salary next year (assuming its Brook + expiring) and they will still be on the hook for more than $100m in luxury tax.

Trading Howard doesn't solve anything salary wise, they will still need to dump Gasol to save significant money.

Clipper Nation
01-22-2013, 01:27 PM
According to Stephen A, Dwight isn't happy in LA and will probably walk to Dallas or ATL this summer if not traded :lol

Cry Havoc
01-22-2013, 01:31 PM
According to Stephen A, Dwight isn't happy in LA and will probably walk to Dallas or ATL this summer if not traded :lol

:lol Can't blame him tbh. He wants to play basketball, not, "Watch Kobe for 48."

whitemamba
01-22-2013, 01:38 PM

source

Banzai
01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Tbh season is already lost..might as well do some crazy shit..also I'm not surprised Dwight is upset..team is garbage..he will have it easier in the eastern conference.

Chinook
01-22-2013, 02:14 PM
If the Lakers can take back a power-forward instead of a center for Dwight, I think that would be a good deal. Gasol as the single center is probably better for the Lakers anyway. The only reason why trading for Howard wasn't a mistake is because Bynum chose an awful hairdo... I mean injured his knees again.

Banzai
01-22-2013, 02:28 PM
If the Lakers can take back a power-forward instead of a center for Dwight, I think that would be a good deal. Gasol as the single center is probably better for the Lakers anyway. The only reason why trading for Howard wasn't a mistake is because Bynum chose an awful hairdo... I mean injured his knees again.

valid points tbh

Medvedenko
01-22-2013, 02:32 PM
I'll take Gerald Wallace and Marshon Brooks for Dhoward...not sure of salaries though.

Chinook
01-22-2013, 02:46 PM
I'll take Gerald Wallace and Marshon Brooks for Dhoward...not sure of salaries though.

It wouldn't work directly, but it is not that hard if the Net can find someone willing to take Humphries' deal.

Something like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9waxxxo

Clipper Nation
01-22-2013, 02:51 PM
source
He said it on SportsCenter...

Medvedenko
01-22-2013, 02:55 PM
It wouldn't work directly, but it is not that hard if the Net can find someone willing to take Humphries' deal.

Something like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9waxxxo

Yeah, not bad. I don't see a deal for Dhow really happening as he'll leave 30m off the table if he walks from the Lakers. Who knows, but the Kobe era is over in the sense of the ball ultimately going through him on everything, unless you reinstall the Triangle, which isn't happening.

BlackSwordsMan
01-22-2013, 04:34 PM
spurs should offer their towel boy for this piece of garbage

Riddler
01-22-2013, 04:41 PM
Apparently that is not the deal offered and is probably made up by Dwight's people.

stevekylerNBA (http://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA): RT @mhulicius (http://twitter.com/mhulicius): ---> There is a belief that there are factions around Dwight that would like that deal... not Brooklyn.
in 2 minutes (http://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/statuses/293835035952427008)

Budkin
01-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Dwight is reaping the shit Karma is sewed in Orlando. He doesn't deserve to go to a good team.

racm
01-22-2013, 06:23 PM
The Nets are better than the Lakers, tbh...

Fergie The Florists
01-22-2013, 06:27 PM
He'll end up in Dallas. Perfect fit....... the big sissy and Cuban can whine together when they get their asses kicked game to game

Latarian Milton
01-22-2013, 08:22 PM
it's no secret niggas wanna play together and if there's a chance to make it happen, the nets should try their best to get the deal done at any cost. double D dynasty :cry

SpursIndonesia
01-22-2013, 09:54 PM

Howard to the Nets, Lopez + Teletovic + Brooks to the Jazz, Millsap + Foye + Williams to the Lakers ? The Nets are the big winner (assuming Howard is healthy) but that's because they start in better position (the desirable playing destination of Howard). Thoughts ?

EDIT: The Jazz could dangle Teletovic in the market for a PG, if they want to.

Koolaid_Man
01-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Dwight is reaping the shit Karma is sewed in Orlando. He doesn't deserve to go to a good team.

I'd trade Dwight for some hot-sauce laced Pork Skins and some Funyuns

LakeShow
01-22-2013, 10:31 PM
Do it Mitch!

Killakobe81
01-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Don't want Wallace but marshon brooks milsap and a young pf would work for me ...

Koolaid_Man
01-22-2013, 10:44 PM
I would trade Dwight for a Frito Pie with extra chili and a pack of Now-n-Laters

Koolaid_Man
01-22-2013, 10:50 PM

For some odd reason Dwight over played his hand...he actually thinks he's worth a Kobe Bryant....he really bought into the hype of his rudimentary ass game...all he had to do was come to LA listen to Kobe and kiss Kobe's ass...instead this nigga think the LA fans will choose him over Kobe...what a pipe dream....if that nigga had any game we might defend him and get on Kobe's ass about it..but this nigga ain't worth shit...fucking weak ass game...TOSB Duncan is better than this cat...even KG is better than Dwight at this time...absolutely pathetic...

Clipper Nation
01-22-2013, 11:15 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8871264/sources-los-angeles-lakers-growing-concerned-unhappy-dwight-howard

The Los Angeles Lakers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers) have consistently turned away trade inquiries in recent weeks for All-Star center Dwight Howard (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2384/dwight-howard) and still believe they have a strong chance of signing him to a new contract when Howard becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer, according to sources close to the situation.

But sources told ESPN.com this week the Lakers might be forced to reconsider that position between now and the Feb. 21 trade deadline because of Howard's growing unhappiness with his role under coach Mike D'Antoni and the potential that raises for Howard leaving them in July without compensation.

Howard has not publicly indicated any desire to sign elsewhere when he becomes an unrestricted free agent July 1 and came to Los Angeles determined to succeed with a minimum amount of fuss after the hits he took image-wise during his drawn-out departure from the Orlando Magic (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/orl/orlando-magic). But sources say that Howard, as the Lakers' struggles have mounted, has dropped hints within team circles about his discomfort in D'Antoni's system and that he could consider moving on if things don't improve or change.

LkrFan
01-22-2013, 11:16 PM
I would trade Dwight for a Frito Pie with extra chili and a pack of Now-n-Laters

:rollin :lmao :rollin

Venti Quattro
01-22-2013, 11:50 PM
Thank you, Brooklyn. Now give Deron to the Lakers.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-23-2013, 12:21 AM
Bring yo broke back azz to the D Dwight. We niggas need all the help we can get

Clipper Nation
01-23-2013, 12:26 AM
Thank you, Brooklyn. Now give Deron to the Lakers.

Why would you want DWill?

whitemamba
01-24-2013, 02:48 PM

because he is under 38... tbh

xellos88330
01-24-2013, 08:07 PM

To get D'Antoni fired. Deron seems to be pretty good at getting head coaches fired.

CGD
01-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Minni going give up Love for a package netting them Lopez? Hmmm...