PDA

View Full Version : Good Trade Idea that Could Benefit Both Teams

deibero
01-22-2013, 03:25 PM
What about this trade for spurs and grizzlies?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bdl42ny

Grizz get some much needed floor spacing and 3pt shooting plus an adequate defender, and spurs get best perimeter defender in the league to throw at kd, cp3 etc...

grizz can replace the d while spurs dont really need the shooting...

i could have argue that adding bonner and darrell arthur to the trade can also make sense for both teams, but now that they let speights go, probably not anymore...

timvp
01-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Don't think either team would do that deal, tbh. The Grizzlies are built on defense and losing Allen would ruin that. Allen on the Spurs doesn't work because a shooting guard who can't shoot won't fit on a team where the spacing is already questionable with TD and Splitter starting.

mathbzh
01-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Allen on the Spurs doesn't work because a shooting guard who can't shoot won't fit on a team where the spacing is already questionable with TD and Splitter starting.

Thanks god we can still start Bonner:hat

deibero
01-22-2013, 03:37 PM
just think the grizz could replace him with green, since they guard every position well. spurs dont have to play him long minutes but can be really useful in the playoffs when a kd catches fire game 4 style against us last year...

Old School 44
01-22-2013, 03:38 PM
You just don't deal with a contender in your own conference let alone your own division...and that goes both ways.

deibero
01-22-2013, 03:40 PM
agreed, its just an idea...

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-22-2013, 03:41 PM
The Grizzlies have just gone below the luxury tax losing a lottery pick in the process. There's no way they take on additional salary ( for next season ) to go over it again, barring other deals. They're not extending Allen too, they don't have the money.

DapDaGenius
01-22-2013, 03:42 PM
I heard someone suggest that we trade for Tyreke Evans...how do you guys feel about that(what would most likely have to be done to get him)?

Just wondering what you guys here think about him, b/c I've never paid any attention to him.

deibero
01-22-2013, 03:46 PM
I heard someone suggest that we trade for Tyreke Evans...how do you guys feel about that(what would most likely have to be done to get him)?

Just wondering what you guys here think about him, b/c I've never paid any attention to him.

i dont like him personally. prefer green believe it or not who at least can shoot from time to time and defends better...evans needs the ball and we dont have the offense for that.

hater
01-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Allen is the glue to Grizz D. No way they trade him.

spurraider21
01-22-2013, 05:55 PM

I like Tyreke Evans a lot as a player. I don't think he fits on our Spurs though. He'd be a better fit on the post-duncan Spurs

Darius Bieber
01-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Okay what if we did this straight up??

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b7ans3p

The worst thing that can happen is that we get another great Towel-Waver a la Patrick Mills and that Splitter/Duncan have a big body to work against during Practice.

benefactor
01-22-2013, 06:31 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124967

LittleCriminal
01-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Okay what if we did this straight up??

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b7ans3p

The worst thing that can happen is that we get another great Towel-Waver a la Patrick Mills and that Splitter/Duncan have a big body to work against during Practice.

That's a fair ass trade if you asked me!!

DapDaGenius
01-22-2013, 10:33 PM
i dont like him personally. prefer green believe it or not who at least can shoot from time to time and defends better...evans needs the ball and we dont have the offense for that.

I like Tyreke Evans a lot as a player. I don't think he fits on our Spurs though. He'd be a better fit on the post-duncan Spurs

I watched a lot of highlights of him, he seems to be a really good player. But like you both mentioned, he'd be better suited for our offense post-duncan era. I could see him and Kawhi making a lot of great plays together.