PDA

View Full Version : LOL Newlyweds

I. Hustle
01-22-2013, 06:18 PM
and single people.

They say things like... "Uumm of course it's my money, I'm the one that worked for it."

"Of course I am going out, I am still an adult."

"Yeah, I am going to go out of town with the girls/guys. We've been planning it for months. Why would I tell him/her? We planned it a long time ago."

Now don't get me wrong, I'm a man. You still have to have balance though. I still go out drinking with the guys, watch sports and do the occasional stupid stuff but at the same time I do stuff like take her places, go out to dinner, spend family time, etc. I just think it's hilarious how newlyweds don't understand why anything would change.

The single people make me laugh because of their idea of the way marriage should be. Same goes on how they would raise their kids. Cracks. Me. Up.

Avante
01-22-2013, 06:25 PM
As long as you put her/family first. Trust me your buddies now become..."if you have the time". If you don't play it like that you will be sorry, trust me.

Ideally you have all that running around out of your system before deciding to settle down.

Obviously you'd never..."sorry sweetheart but me and the guys ......"...right?

The thing is when you're young it's your buddies who can't figure things out. There you and her sit watching a movie and getting all geared up for later when...knock knock knock...it's Tom with some beer.

Reck
01-22-2013, 06:32 PM
As long as you put her/family first. Trust me your buddies now become..."if you have the time". If you don't play it like that you will be sorry, trust me.

Ideally you have all that running around out of your system before deciding to settle down.

Obviously you'd never..."sorry sweetheart but me and the guys ......"...right?

Avante has a point, finally.

At this point in my life I definitely dont want to be tied down yet. Actually, I haven't decided if I want to get marry and even have kids.

Obviously I dont plan on being alone all my life but marriage just doesn't excite me one bit.

Avante
01-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Avante has a point, finally.

At this point in my life I definitely dont want to be tied down yet. Actually, I haven't decided if I want to get marry and even have kids.

Obviously I dont plan on being alone all my life but marriage just doesn't excite me one bit.

It really does need to come down to where what you are doing/have been doing becomes a bore, a drag.
Sex with strangers ....yawn. You need more out of life than just you.

So many jump into marriage without a clue about the realities of that commitment, then when they see that life it's a turn off.

You really don't want to be 35 and start a family. By the time the kids are 18.............

Viva Las Espuelas
01-22-2013, 09:04 PM
and single people.

They say things like... "Uumm of course it's my money, I'm the one that worked for it."

"Of course I am going out, I am still an adult."

"Yeah, I am going to go out of town with the girls/guys. We've been planning it for months. Why would I tell him/her? We planned it a long time ago."

Now don't get me wrong, I'm a man. You still have to have balance though. I still go out drinking with the guys, watch sports and do the occasional stupid stuff but at the same time I do stuff like take her places, go out to dinner, spend family time, etc. I just think it's hilarious how newlyweds don't understand why anything would change.

The single people make me laugh because of their idea of the way marriage should be. Same goes on how they would raise their kids. Cracks. Me. Up.
been married for seven years?

I. Hustle
01-22-2013, 11:25 PM
Not that. This chick I work with just got married recently and decided that she wants to go back home for a week or so. They asked her what her husband said when she asked him about it and she looked at the other chick all confused. Then she started with how she wanted to go spend time with her bff and didn't understand why she would have to ask anybody.

lebomb
01-23-2013, 02:16 PM
Bottom line........... your boys or friends don't give you any kitty/ass. End of story.

Cater to your wife period.

/thread

lebomb
01-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Not that. This chick I work with just got married recently and decided that she wants to go back home for a week or so. They asked her what her husband said when she asked him about it and she looked at the other chick all confused. Then she started with how she wanted to go spend time with her bff and didn't understand why she would have to ask anybody.

LMAO!!!!! If that shit doesnt change, they will be divorced within the year.

I. Hustle
01-23-2013, 02:27 PM
LMAO!!!!! If that shit doesnt change, they will be divorced within the year.

Honestly I think the dude is ghey. Not only that he is foreign. I think he is using her for a double whammy. Looks straight to others and married to a citizen

Dicktater
01-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Win win for both of them, except if he gives her aids.

Avante
01-23-2013, 03:02 PM
I really do recommend living together before marriage. How else you going to know if he/she is a slob? Everyone is at their best on a date or knowing you are coming over.

Yes I know, that won't work for some because of various reasons.

lebomb
01-23-2013, 03:05 PM
I really do recommend living together before marriage. How else you going to know if he/she is a slob? Everyone is at their best on a date or knowing you are coming over.

Yes I know, that won't work for some because of various reasons.

LMAO..........spoken like a true veteran. If this were the 50's I would say no, court her, no shacking up and dont have sex till marriage. But this is 2013 and hoes are crazy. They will be cool till you tie the knot and move in. Then all hell cracks open!!!!! :pimpslap

Avante
01-23-2013, 03:11 PM
LMAO..........spoken like a true veteran. If this were the 50's I would say no, court her, no shacking up and dont have sex till marriage. But this is 2013 and hoes are crazy. They will be cool till you tie the knot and move in. Then all hell cracks open!!!!! :pimpslap

I think the reason so many marriages don't last is because once people find out how somebody really is they don't like it. You live together for 6 months or so, you'll find out all you need to know, Then you'll marry somebody you really know, there won't be any surprises.

I dated Judy for a couple months before we decided to live together. We got married about a year later, that was 29 years ago. Our biggest fight....why oh why can't I remember to put the top back on the toothpaste..?

cantthinkofanything
01-23-2013, 03:39 PM
I think the reason so many marriages don't last is because once people find out how somebody really is they don't like it. You live together for 6 months or so, you'll find out all you need to know, Then you'll marry somebody you really know, there won't be any surprises.

I dated Judy for a couple months before we decided to live together. We got married about a year later, that was 29 years ago. Our biggest fight....why oh why can't I remember to put the top back on the toothpaste..?

Yep. Living together first should be a prerequisite. But the decision to live together should be just as deliberated as getting married. As opposed to an excuse to hop from place to place with different chicks. I was about 70% sure that we were going to get married when the wife and I decided to move in together.

The other half of making it work is learning that it's not always going to be fresh and new like those early times. Sometimes it seems like a grind. But you've gotta step back and look at the big picture and realize the great things about her and the relationship. It's the ones that don't grasp this that end up cheating and looking for that newness in someone else.

Kiids come along and all of a sudden, things are new again because the kid is changing year by year so you both share in this experience of watching her/him grow. Most conversations center around the son/daughter.
Next test will be what happens when the kids are out of the house. It'll be like.."ok...now what?"

I. Hustle
01-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Bullshit on the living together. Once the ring goes on that finger, I don't care if you've together for 20 years, things change.
I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with living together first but you aren't going to REALLY know that person until that ring goes on.

Fukkyourbullshittoothpasteyouclown

lebomb
01-23-2013, 04:13 PM
I woke up squeezing DD's this morning........ I know we are gonna make it. :p:

I. Hustle
01-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Yep. Living together first should be a prerequisite. But the decision to live together should be just as deliberated as getting married. As opposed to an excuse to hop from place to place with different chicks. I was about 70% sure that we were going to get married when the wife and I decided to move in together.

The other half of making it work is learning that it's not always going to be fresh and new like those early times. Sometimes it seems like a grind. But you've gotta step back and look at the big picture and realize the great things about her and the relationship. It's the ones that don't grasp this that end up cheating and looking for that newness in someone else.

Kiids come along and all of a sudden, things are new again because the kid is changing year by year so you both share in this experience of watching her/him grow. Most conversations center around the son/daughter.
Next test will be what happens when the kids are out of the house. It'll be like.."ok...now what?"

HO LEE SHIITE MUSLIMS
http://likegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/slow-clap-gif-4.gif

I. Hustle
01-23-2013, 04:17 PM
I woke up squeezing DD's this morning........ I know we are gonna make it. :p:

Dirty Dicks?

Disgusting :monkey

silverblk mystix
01-23-2013, 04:43 PM
I think the main reason that marriages don't last is this;

People still have that idea in their head that they still have a choice to get out of the marriage or that they have OPTIONS.

When a problem/issue arises - they start looking for excuses to break up or to start blaming the other person and generally begin to set the stage for looking at options to get out of the marriage.

For example: "He doesn't do this anymore or it doesn't feel like that anymore....so maybe he isn't - THE ONE!"
"She is so different than I am - and we feel completely different when it comes to kids. Maybe I would be happier if I married someone who believes in blah-blah ...."

Here is the truth;

STFU and realize there are no options - unless one of you dies. You are stuck with each other for better or for worse. STFU and live with it and make the best of it. Or even better yet--STFU and live with the worst of it. It doesn't have to be the way the fantasy is in your head - it is what it is so stop planning your getaway.

Sound romantic? Nope.

But it will save you a ton of grief if you get there. I told wifey - and she told me the same - "you are stuck with me like it or not"

Whenever shit feels boring, or unhappiness is there - I leave it alone and just allow it to pass. Sooner or later it passes and I look at wifey a few months later and I think to myself, "hmm - sure glad I stuck with her -what a sexy, refined creature she turned out to be."

But- make sure you get all your "playing" out of the way BEFORE you get married this way whenever temptation strikes- you just think to yourself, "been there -done that already- I'm good."

ploto
01-23-2013, 05:08 PM
No time right now to look for the links, but I know studies have been done that show that people who live together before they get married actually have a higher divorce rate.

silverblk mystix
01-23-2013, 05:10 PM
No time right now to look for the links, but I know studies have been done that show that people who live together before they get married actually have a higher divorce rate.

I think I read that too...

DisAsTerBot
01-23-2013, 05:25 PM

nope, that was so 60s

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/22/movein-before-marriage-no_n_1372687.html

DisAsTerBot
01-23-2013, 05:32 PM
also in those studies they count how many years a couple is married while not taking into account how long they were in a committed relationship before the marriage.

Avante
01-24-2013, 01:32 AM
Bullshit on the living together. Once the ring goes on that finger, I don't care if you've together for 20 years, things change.
I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with living together first but you aren't going to REALLY know that person until that ring goes on.

Fukkyourbullshittoothpasteyouclown

It all depends on how long you live together. I guarantee you live together for a year and a ring will make no difference at all. You've already learned all you need to know.

I. Hustle
01-24-2013, 08:50 AM
It all depends on how long you live together. I guarantee you live together for a year and a ring will make no difference at all. You've already learned all you need to know.

I still call bull shit. It's something about the ring that changes the woman. I completely disagree with you. Like I said, you could live together for 20 years but she'll change the moment the ring goes on.

lebomb
01-24-2013, 08:57 AM
Dirty Dicks?

Disgusting :monkey

Wow, all you think about are cocks. What a faggot.

I. Hustle
01-24-2013, 09:03 AM
Wow, I wish I had a cock in my mouth. I love faggots.

Why u mad, LB?

JudynTX
01-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Happy wife is a happy life. It's real simple guys.

silverblk mystix
01-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Happy wife is a happy life. It's real simple guys.

Maybe.

The problem is when guys start tap-dancing and jugglin' to please a woman like that - then eventually -she discovers that the fool next door can tap-dance like ten motherfuckers and juggle cats and has money and....

Losing game.

JudynTX
01-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Maybe.

The problem is when guys start tap-dancing and jugglin' to please a woman like that - then eventually -she discovers that the fool next door can tap-dance like ten motherfuckers and juggle cats and has money and....

Losing game.

Maybe the women you are dating are that way, but we aren't all like that. I spoil my man so he never has to question my motives.

silverblk mystix
01-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Maybe the women you are dating are that way, but we aren't all like that. I spoil my man so he never has to question my motives.

Doesn't apply to me - been married 11 yrs.