PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Brian Scalabrine would crush you

Drz
01-22-2013, 06:31 PM
http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2013/01/22/brian-scalabrine-destroyed-all-comers-in-his-one-on-one-challenge/

Remember when Brian Scalabrine got fed up with random people saying they could beat him at one-one-one, then challenged anyone to step to him? Remember how he said, “I’m the last guy on the bench and I will kick your butt if you’re out on the streets. It’s just the way it is.”?

Well, all that happened, right on down to the butt-kicking. From CBS Boston who actually have 30 minutes of Scal’s one-on-one footage, if you’re interested in that:
Scalabrine, who retired over the summer after a very serviceable 11-year NBA career, took on four of Boston’s best ballers in 98.5 The Sports Hub’s 1-on-1 “Scallenge,” put on by morning hosts Toucher & Rich.

Listeners sent in their try-out videos, showing off their skills and talking some trash towards Scal, but it turns out even Boston’s best was no match for Scalabrine.
He said before the “Scallenge” it would be no challenge, and Scalabrine did not disappoint on that proclamation.

Scalabrine — who spent the last few seasons of his career seen as the “human victory cigar” — easily defeated all four of his opponents, throwing down monstrous jams and sinking smooth jumpers as he beat them all by a combined score of 44-6.

Of those six points, one was a two-pointer, so Scal really gave up just five baskets while playing four one-on-one games, one of which was against a Syracuse University alum who was a benchwarmer for the Orange last season. Not a bad performance for a 34-year-old who can’t get an NBA job and rarely got off the bench when he had one.
Hahaha, awesome.

jeebus
01-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Well of course. He was in the NBA for a reason

benefactor
01-22-2013, 06:36 PM
You do love the gingers, don't you.

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2013, 06:38 PM
It amazes me how many people actually believe they could compete against an NBA player, tbh..not only do these guys possess rare talent and skill, but they're all noticeably taller than the average person..not to mention more than half of them are world-class athletes..

benefactor
01-22-2013, 06:43 PM
It amazes me how many people actually believe they could compete against an NBA player, tbh..not only do these guys possess rare talent and skill, but they're all noticeably taller than the average person..not to mention more than half of them are world-class athletes..
I've never really cared for people calling this NBA player a "scrub" or that NBA player a "scrub." That end of the bench "scrub" would likely own the shit out of all but a thousand or so basketball players in the world.

Drz
01-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Definitely agree with everything and everyone in this thread (including my love of NBA gingers), but while I would expect Scalabrine to dominate, I'm still surprised by the degree to which he dominated. Scalabrine's game, as much as anyone in the NBA's, doesn't seem like it would translate to one on one. Five baskets against him in four games, against actual "good" players -- including a division I player --- that's pretty sick.

I'm almost tempted to set aside 30 minutes to watch the video.

Cry Havoc
01-22-2013, 06:49 PM
I've never really cared for people calling this NBA player a "scrub" or that NBA player a "scrub." That end of the bench "scrub" would likely own the shit out of all but a thousand or so basketball players in the world.

DeJuan Blair, shattered knees and all, would annihilate at any level outside of the NBA, including college.

I'd love to see a guy on the tail end of a bench play at a competitive rec center league game. :lol Would be great entertainment.

Cry Havoc
01-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Definitely agree with everything and everyone in this thread (including my love of NBA gingers), but while I would expect Scalabrine to dominate, I'm still surprised by the degree to which he dominated. Scalabrine's game, as much as anyone in the NBA's, doesn't seem like it would translate to one on one. Five baskets against him in four games, against actual "good" players -- including a division I player --- that's pretty sick.

I'm almost tempted to set aside 30 minutes to watch the video.

Something people who've never been to the shootaround of an NBA game fail to understand is just how freaking good even the slow, ham-handed bigs are at every aspect of the game. You can see bigs who never get off the pine hitting 10-15 Js in a row from ALL over the court prior to an NBA game tip off. Not even rim. Just net after net after net.

jeebus
01-22-2013, 06:55 PM
We could all beat Rodney Rogers tbh

Bill_Brasky
01-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Well no shit. If you are in the NBA, it means you are one of the top 300 or so players in the world. Doesn't surprise me at all that a dude that tall and skilled beats the fuck out of anyone off the streets.

Cry Havoc
01-22-2013, 07:09 PM
Well no shit. If you are in the NBA, it means you are one of the top 300 or so players in the world. Doesn't surprise me at all that a dude that tall and skilled beats the fuck out of anyone off the streets.

Some people think that if you're 6'11" and moderately athletic that you can be a bench guy in the NBA from your height alone without really understanding the level of skill they have.

Bill_Brasky
01-22-2013, 07:15 PM
Some people think that if you're 6'11" and moderately athletic that you can be a bench guy in the NBA from your height alone without really understanding the level of skill they have.

Which reminds me, time for a Mahinmi thread.

Latarian Milton
01-22-2013, 07:43 PM
WWF should arrange a match between sheamus and him, shit would be fucking epic tbh.

FkLA
01-22-2013, 08:08 PM
I watched the first three games and tbh the competition was subpar. The first two were honkeys so they dont really count and the third guy Scal had about a foot on him yet he was still bothering Scals shot...I think a long, athletic, black guy could give him some trouble. Probably not beat him but bother his shot enough to drag out the game a little longer.

mavs>spurs
01-22-2013, 08:10 PM
The first two were honkeys so they dont really count

shut the fuck up wetback, you do realize that bean3rs are 10X shittier at basketball and any athletic event in general than whites are supposed to be right

FkLA
01-22-2013, 08:15 PM
We dont really play basketball (well I do and I would wax that ass but Im speaking about us in general) tbh. We just stick to soccer.

http://librattus.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/campeones.jpg

mavs>spurs
01-22-2013, 08:18 PM
^they all look like they have down syndrome, no trolling

also, haven't american's barely been playing soccer for like 2 years and already waxed that ass a couple times? better question is, who the fuck here cares about soccer? that's not even a real "sport" all i see is a bunch of skinny unathletic pussies with down sydrome and i'm not even talking shit on people with mental disability, that's just the best way i can describe the way they look.

ffadicted
01-22-2013, 08:21 PM
lol scal is hilarious

FkLA
01-22-2013, 08:26 PM
^they all look like they have down syndrome, no trolling

also, haven't american's barely been playing soccer for like 2 years and already waxed that ass a couple times? better question is, who the fuck here cares about soccer? that's not even a real "sport" all i see is a bunch of skinny unathletic pussies with down sydrome and i'm not even talking shit on people with mental disability, that's just the best way i can describe the way they look.

Down syndrome or not we got the fucking gold tbh. :lobt:

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world, although not sure if its my personal favorite. Tough call.

mavs>spurs
01-22-2013, 08:37 PM
but why do they all seem mentally deficient?

FkLA
01-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Looks like theyre singing the anthem looking up at the flag being raised, maybe thats what youre talking about cause they look fine to me. But even if they are mentally retarded this be@ner right here is still smarter than you tbh.

timvp
01-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Yeah, if you play with street ballers who are actually good, they all think they could have made the NBA if it wasn't for bad luck or whatever. Scalabrine should make a career of going around and just dominating street ballers, tbh. I'd watch that reality show, IMO.

mavs>spurs
01-22-2013, 08:54 PM
no dude, you dropped out of college to go to utsa

Cry Havoc
01-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Yeah, if you play with street ballers who are actually good, they all think they could have made the NBA if it wasn't for bad luck or whatever. Scalabrine should make a career of going around and just dominating street ballers, tbh. I'd watch that reality show, IMO.

Hell yes. Kind of like "The Ultimate Fighter" only with street basketball players. :tu Take two NBA guys and have them throw a team together and see if they can get a guy into the League at the end of the season.

FkLA
01-22-2013, 09:06 PM

and youre content with a bachelors from UTA :lol

mavs>spurs
01-22-2013, 09:10 PM
i'm making money, something you hope you MIGHT be able to do once you graduate but will honestly probably get stigmatized and barred from entry into the field. you'll be selling insurance or something more than likely, you're not a bright guy by all indications. you should just drop out of school and at leat practice on 2k so you won't look like an ass when you play online with scros like last time.

KL2
01-22-2013, 09:19 PM
The NBA is comprised of nearly all the greatest bball players in the entire world. Right now there are millions of bball players in middle school, the best of the best from those schools join up and create the high school teams, again millions of teens, it keeps on filtering out the bad players leaving the great players for college which is in the thousands, and finally the NBA just a couple hundred.

You really have to be delusional to believe you stand a chance against these guys.

KL2
01-22-2013, 09:21 PM
shut the fuck up wetback, you do realize that bean3rs are 10X shittier at basketball and any athletic event in general than whites are supposed to be right

Mexicans run boxing lol, the hardest sport on the planet.

FkLA
01-22-2013, 09:22 PM
i'm making money, something you hope you MIGHT be able to do once you graduate but will honestly probably get stigmatized and barred from entry into the field. you'll be selling insurance or something more than likely, you're not a bright guy by all indications. you should just drop out of school and at leat practice on 2k so you won't look like an ass when you play online with scros like last time.

Bro Im gonna be a be@ner engineer, you know damn well Ill get a job simply because Im a minority. Thats why you want me and my people thrown out of the US of A. You also know damn well that a bacherlors in fincance from UTA aint shit to brag about, whether youre making money or not. As far as 2k goes hit me up when you wanna get your shit pushed in again tbh.

Leetonidas
01-22-2013, 09:24 PM
i'm pretty sure I could beat jan vesley tbh

mavs>spurs
01-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Mexicans run boxing lol, the hardest sport on the planet.

no, blacks murder bean3rs at boxing and right now the klitchkos have dominated heavyweight for some time now. bean3rs are good at eating beans and being retarded tbh.

mavs>spurs
01-22-2013, 09:28 PM
again? you were like 2-10 in our league and i beat you both times we played while jacking off and talking on the phone at the same time tbh

FkLA
01-22-2013, 09:30 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1336807/699349861_medium_medium.gif

Thats how youd get dropped if you stepped up to me, faggot.

mavs>spurs
01-22-2013, 09:31 PM
:lol the sissyweight champ!

KL2
01-22-2013, 09:38 PM
no, blacks murder bean3rs at boxing and right now the klitchkos have dominated heavyweight for some time now. bean3rs are good at eating beans and being retarded tbh.

The Klitschkos aren't even fully white, they're part mongoloid. Mongoloid HW champs tbh.

FkLA
01-22-2013, 10:03 PM
The Klitchskos are some of the worst and softest heavyweight champions of all-time tbh. Not surprised that they have some white in them. Heres another great white hope at 2:45:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSsfXPCUO4Y

mavs>spurs
01-22-2013, 10:14 PM
lol "some" white. they're 100% caucasian russians and they've kicked everyones ass black and brown for the past several years. . they're so soft that they just keep knocking everyone the fuck out, get outta here boris diaw boy :lol your hate for white people (who's sack you parasite off of living in this country every day) makes you say some retarded shit. this is why wetbacks need to be rounded up and dealt with, this shit is getting out of control. your level of stupid brings down this forum on a lesser scale similar to how you people bring down this country on a larger scale. shamelessly destroyed healthcare, you disgusting fucks you.

DPG21920
01-22-2013, 10:19 PM
USA Mens Soccer > Mexico Mens Soccer.

DPG21920
01-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Also, I am fairly confident I would beat the ever loving hell out of 99% of posters on here at soccer and I wasn't even a professional. And I'm tiny like Messi :)

DPG21920
01-22-2013, 10:36 PM

:lol Did you get that from me

FkLA
01-22-2013, 10:37 PM
lol "some" white. they're 100% caucasian russians and they've kicked everyones ass black and brown for the past several years. . they're so soft that they just keep knocking everyone the fuck out, get outta here boris diaw boy :lol your hate for white people (who's sack you parasite off of living in this country every day) makes you say some retarded shit. this is why wetbacks need to be rounded up and dealt with, this shit is getting out of control. your level of stupid brings down this forum on a lesser scale similar to how you people bring down this country on a larger scale. shamelessly destroyed healthcare, you disgusting fucks you.

Its a watered down era in the heavyweight division, dipshit. Prime Iron Mike, Holyfield, Lennox Lewis from just the past 10-15 yrs would drop those caucasian pussies in a heartbeat. I dont have a problem with white people either...they just happen to suck at most sports especially boxing tbh.

USA Mens Soccer > Mexico Mens Soccer.

No. :lol

Also, I am fairly confident I would beat the ever loving hell out of 99% of posters on here at soccer and I wasn't even a professional. And I'm tiny like Messi :)

I was a goalie tbh, mainly cause I was such a giant Mexican. Pretty good too (not bragging). What position do you play little bro ?

DPG21920
01-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Ok, USA Soccer isn't better, but it's not far off especially over the last 10 years or so. Gap is closing..

I play mainly outside midfield (left or right), but I also play center mid and forward on occassion.

mavs>spurs
01-22-2013, 10:56 PM
mike tyson was an overrated piece of shit who also fought in a weak era...lennox would beat the brakes off him, and lennox only beat klitscko by stoppage for the bleeding, he didn't quit. had it not been for that who knows who would have won in a decision. and klitscho was young and inexperienced then it was like his 2nd fight. just because his style isn't flashy or pretty let's not be like those idiot basketball fans who jack off to nostalgia and talk about how awesome bill russel was bullying a bunch of scrubs. klitscho is still 6'8, powerful as fuck, and deceptively quicker than he looks. funny to see a wetback talking shit on whites about sports whenever whites are better than them at every single sport except featherweight boxing because most whites don't weigh 130 soaking wet tbh.

edit: i guess you could throw soccer in there even though thats only because whites dont care, we started paying attention to soccer like 10 years ago and already beat you guys.

mavs>spurs
01-22-2013, 10:58 PM
and they have done scientific studies showing that there clearly are differences in iq among races, and hispanics are significantly less smart than whites, asians, and especially jews who average 107 iq so stop talking about your shitty north mexican education. nobody takes utsa seriously and it isn't even a real college.

FkLA
01-22-2013, 10:58 PM
Ok, USA Soccer isn't better, but it's not far off especially over the last 10 years or so. Gap is closing..

I play mainly outside midfield (left or right), but I also play center mid and forward on occassion.

I think it couldve been argued that USA was better 02-06 tbh. Since Mexico started winning/doing well in U-17 and U-23 World Cups and those generations have grown up the gap has grown a pretty good amount tbh.

And thats cool you must be ambidextrous or some shit, most people arent able to play both sides.

mavs>spurs
01-22-2013, 11:00 PM
point is, mexicans don't have any room to talk about any race, ever under any circumstances. you guys are the most pointless race of people who have ever existed, i'm trying to think of one admirable thing about mexicans and i'm seriously drawing blanks.

DPG21920
01-22-2013, 11:00 PM
Yes, I can play with both feet. I actually like playing on left mid because I can cross left-footed & also cut inside to shoot with my right.

FkLA
01-22-2013, 11:09 PM
mike tyson was an overrated piece of shit who also fought in a weak era...lennox would beat the brakes off him, and lennox only beat klitscko by stoppage for the bleeding, he didn't quit. had it not been for that who knows who would have won in a decision. and klitscho was young and inexperienced then it was like his 2nd fight. just because his style isn't flashy or pretty let's not be like those idiot basketball fans who jack off to nostalgia and talk about how awesome bill russel was bullying a bunch of scrubs. klitscho is still 6'8, powerful as fuck, and deceptively quicker than he looks. funny to see a wetback talking shit on whites about sports whenever whites are better than them at every single sport except featherweight boxing because most whites don't weigh 130 soaking wet tbh.

edit: i guess you could throw soccer in there even though thats only because whites dont care, we started paying attention to soccer like 10 years ago and already beat you guys.

Mike Tyson was an animal and would make both the pussy Klitschkos piss their pants tbh. Lennox was way past his prime when he beat Klitschko too, he was in his late 30s IIRC. Theyre soft...dont have a strong punch or have a strong chin. Even if they were as good as you claim they are though (which theyre not) theyre still different than American whites, Im sure growing up in communist Russia (or was it Ukraine? either way USSR) is alot tougher then growing up a pampered, pussified American white like yourself.

and they have done scientific studies showing that there clearly are differences in iq among races, and hispanics are significantly less smart than whites, asians, and especially jews who average 107 iq so stop talking about your shitty north mexican education. nobody takes utsa seriously and it isn't even a real college.

White people are on average more intelligent than Hispanics, I agree. I never said otherwise. Doesnt mean a cream of the crop Mexican like myself is dumber than a dumbass Caucasian like you though. It doesnt have anything to do with white people being pretty bad at sports either.

jeebus
01-22-2013, 11:10 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/brian-scalabrine-dominated-competition-boston-one-one-challenge-231654445--nba.html

there's a video in the link about 30 mins long of him playing the scrubs

FkLA
01-22-2013, 11:16 PM
point is, mexicans don't have any room to talk about any race, ever under any circumstances. you guys are the most pointless race of people who have ever existed, i'm trying to think of one admirable thing about mexicans and i'm seriously drawing blanks.

So because honkeys are better than Mexicans in basketball, that somehow makes what I say false? If I tell you white people suck its not relative to Mexicans, its relative to the elite...which more often than not are blacks. So what I say about white people happens to be true tbh, and its not really my fault your white pussy starts hurting when I say it.

Floyd Pacquiao
01-22-2013, 11:31 PM
The Klitchskos are some of the worst and softest heavyweight champions of all-time tbh. Not surprised that they have some white in them. Heres another great white hope at 2:45:lol:

Wladimir Klitschko is regarded as a top 15 heavyweight by by hardcore boxing fans tbh his bro vitali is ranked lower due to his weaker resume.

Its a watered down era in the heavyweight division, dipshit. Prime Iron Mike, Holyfield, Lennox Lewis from just the past 10-15 yrs would drop those caucasian pussies in a heartbeat. I dont have a problem with white people either...they just happen to suck at most sports especially boxing tbh.

:lol mike tyson would get raped against vitali klit tbh, he would have a better chance against wladimir due to his weak chin. holyfield against either bro would be toss up fights tbh. and lennox would prob KO wladimir but would go through hell against vitali.

nah bro vitali wasn't young or inexperienced he was in his prime and at his best tbh...

Findog
01-22-2013, 11:35 PM
He was on an NBA roster. That makes him one of the top 500-600 players in the world. There are 450 guys on NBA rosters at any one time. Let's go ahead and be generous and say another 150 Euroleague guys are better than him. It's not surprising he would wipe the floor with amateurs.

Ghazi
01-22-2013, 11:45 PM
Iran soccer > Mexico soccer > US Soccer

Ghazi
01-22-2013, 11:47 PM

so what? If we call someone a scrub it's referring to them relative to the league. By universal standards any NBA player is one of the best in the world... but the NBA has its own pecking order too and some players are indeed scrubs in that pecking order.

FkLA
01-22-2013, 11:53 PM
Iran soccer > Mexico soccer > US Soccer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frf4S8ldNx4

ElNono
01-22-2013, 11:56 PM

I was a year away, about 20 years ago. Right winger/center forward. In hindsight, I was probably too skinny back then to make it.

Leetonidas
01-22-2013, 11:58 PM

wait so you're white? when did this happen :wow

mavs>spurs
01-23-2013, 12:05 AM
i'm whatever color i want to be at the moment

FkLA
01-23-2013, 12:11 AM
wait so you're white? when did this happen :wow

I have played 2k against m>s before on xbox live with mics and I can verify that his voice sounds just like the prototypical whiny, pussified white bitch tbh.

mavs>spurs
01-23-2013, 12:16 AM
:lol resorting to complete lies because of your inferiority complex. you couldn't even afford a mic so nobody talked to you when they played against you.

Leetonidas
01-23-2013, 12:19 AM
ah, was i trolled into thinking you were really a native american :depressed

FkLA
01-23-2013, 12:23 AM
Lol dont lie, bro. You played me with a mic, was even in a couple group convos or whatever theyre called...I even remember coming in after Dallas lost the first game to the Heat in Finals and saying how about them Heat and a couple of you guys got pissy (probably you and that fag dirk4 tbh).

Im sure Linc can confirm if he remembers.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-23-2013, 12:24 AM
ah, was i trolled into thinking you were really a native american :depressed

I like your sig mah nigga. Dem white bitches know what's up

99 Problems
01-23-2013, 12:25 AM
Hell yes. Kind of like "The Ultimate Fighter" only with street basketball players. :tu Take two NBA guys and have them throw a team together and see if they can get a guy into the League at the end of the season.

Take two and throw team together sounds like a 2014-18 Sonics.

Leetonidas
01-23-2013, 12:26 AM
I like your sig mah nigga. Dem white bitches know what's up
son if its one thing we can all agree on its big booty white bitches :toast

mavs>spurs
01-23-2013, 12:29 AM
Lol dont lie, bro. You played me with a mic, was even in a couple group convos or whatever theyre called...I even remember coming in after Dallas lost the first game to the Heat in Finals and saying how about them Heat and a couple of you guys got pissy (probably you and that fag dirk4 tbh).

Im sure Linc can confirm if he remembers.

no, as far as i know you never spoke once tbh i just assumed you have a squeeky bean3r voice or couldn't afford one but it's ok you'll be able to buy one as an insurance agent in a couple years when you finally graduate from utsa and get a job outside of the engineering field

FkLA
01-23-2013, 12:38 AM
no, as far as i know you never spoke once tbh i just assumed you have a squeeky bean3r voice or couldn't afford one but it's ok you'll be able to buy one as an insurance agent in a couple years when you finally graduate from utsa and get a job outside of the engineering field

Well you would be wrong, tbh. You probably just dont remember cause I didnt stand out and just sounded like a normal 21-22 yr old [email protected] not like a pussified, whiny white bitch like you. :lol

Jacob1983
01-23-2013, 12:42 AM
Of course, this guy will destroy regular joes in basketball. Even the benchwarmers in the NBA have talent and skill so people may want to think about that when they challenge a guy that played in the NBA to a game of basketball. Why challenge an NBA player to a game of one on one? That's just stupid.

Dingle Barry
01-23-2013, 01:04 AM
Not surprised that Scal would fuck some fools up. I wonder how Jack Haley would fare against some real street ballas, though.

Lincoln
01-23-2013, 01:07 AM
Sup guys

Fkla is my nigga. He would've beat me in the playoffs if he knew grangers release. My startin lineup of Nash and Kevin Martin couldn't stop d wade and rose tbh

I think I swept ms tho even tho he raped me in the regular season and won like 10 of 12 games exhibition lol

2011 2k spurstalk league champs nigga!