PDA

View Full Version : Iphones vs Samsung ..... Tablets vs Laptop ??

lebomb
01-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Are we going backwards in some aspects of technology? I mean, the Iphones are pretty damned small compared to the new Samsung phones. The SS phones are like holding a tablet to your head to use. The phone does have some cool features though. Same with the tablets..........you have to balance the damn thing in your hand and have bluetooth keyboards and protective cases for it. While a laptop basically had all this in one fold in half package. Yeah, laptops really dodnt have touchscreen, but that could easily be incorporated. Why does it seem that smaller USED to be more advanced, and now bigger, clunkier is the new it thingy???? Personally I dont want to hold a magazine sized phone to my head, or have to balance a plate sized computer on my lap to do anything.

Drachen
01-23-2013, 11:10 AM
If you are going to get one of the new samsung phones, bluetooth is a necessity. They are the size that they are so that they can incorporate those cool features and are meant to assist with productivity.

Tablets: you don't need a bluetooth keyboard, though I wouldn't skip on protective cases.

Bigger is the new thing, clunkier is not.

BTW, how scrawny are you that you have to "balance" a tablet on your lap.

Paranoid Pop
01-23-2013, 11:24 AM
Well people like bigger screens so manufacturers make phones with bigger screens.

I have the current S3 and I could see myself replacing it by a phone with a 5" screen quite easily.

Also plenty of laptops are going to have touchscreens from now on.

The thing is you can get a smaller phone, but what's the point when a bigger/slimmer one is so much easier on the eye for surfing and so on... The whole point of smartphones is to surf on the web, use it as a GPS and so on where screen size is a plus.

Regarding tablets, at first I thought they were stupid as fuck, but now 1/ there're plenty of transformer-like tablets that can be docked to a keyboard and 2/ there's a full OS running on them in Windows 8.

In the next few years, I know I will replace my laptop by a tablet, maybe even one sold without keyboard, I don't really need to be productive on the go, a bluetooth mouse/keyboard/external monitor at home would be good enough for me. A 11 inches tablet seems more practical then any laptop, less fragile, smaller, lighter...

lebomb
01-23-2013, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I see some of the points yall are making. Oh, Im not too damned scrawny...... 6'-1" and 190lbs. *Shrugs* Anyhow, my g/f balances her tablet on her lap when we are chillin, just seems not all to comfy to me for some reason. Yeah, I have seen the new docks for tablets.........but, the size thing is a trip still. I remember when the smaller laptops cost the most, not the biggest tablets and phones cost the most. I can see the resolution, ability to view the screen argument though.

silverblk mystix
01-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I see some of the points yall are making. Oh, Im not too damned scrawny...... 6'-1" and 190lbs. *Shrugs* Anyhow, my g/f balances her tablet on her lap when we are chillin, just seems not all to comfy to me for some reason. Yeah, I have seen the new docks for tablets.........but, the size thing is a trip still. I remember when the smaller laptops cost the most, not the biggest tablets and phones cost the most. I can see the resolution, ability to view the screen argument though.

I got one of those Ipads with the Retina Displays for the wifey (the regular size-not the mini Ipad) -

Well, wifey likes it but she always grabs her MBP instead (13'') and seems to ignore the Ipad even though the Retina Display is awesome....

I have recently found it very useful to take the Ipad wherever and browse without sitting at my desk...

I don't know - it seems like different sizes will suit different people and I think what I am getting at is that -

we have some wonderful choices nowadays - some people probably do a lot on their smartphones- yet I rarely use my phone for anything but calls....

My Ipod - that is like another- mini-mini computer....geez...more choices....

leemajors
01-23-2013, 01:56 PM
I got one of those Ipads with the Retina Displays for the wifey (the regular size-not the mini Ipad) -

Well, wifey likes it but she always grabs her MBP instead (13'') and seems to ignore the Ipad even though the Retina Display is awesome....

I have recently found it very useful to take the Ipad wherever and browse without sitting at my desk...

I don't know - it seems like different sizes will suit different people and I think what I am getting at is that -

we have some wonderful choices nowadays - some people probably do a lot on their smartphones- yet I rarely use my phone for anything but calls....

My Ipod - that is like another- mini-mini computer....geez...more choices....

My iPad is always on my couch. I use it as a DirecTV remote, AppleTV remote, and for general browsing.

silverblk mystix
01-23-2013, 01:59 PM
My iPad is always on my couch. I use it as a DirecTV remote, AppleTV remote, and for general browsing.

It is a nice device for the shitter too...

lebomb
01-23-2013, 02:11 PM
LMAO^^^^^

Viva Las Espuelas
01-24-2013, 12:05 AM
any device that streams in data is nice for the shitter.

Latarian Milton
01-24-2013, 12:22 AM
i'd prefer a shoe phone to any apple or samsung shit. a shoe phone keeps the radiation as far from your main organs as possible and you don't have to "carry" it or worry about leaving it behind on a bus or taxi