PDA

View Full Version : Fracknation

vy65
01-23-2013, 11:24 AM
In FrackNation journalist Phelim McAleer faces threats, cops and bogus lawsuits questioning green extremists for the truth about fracking. McAleer uncovers fracking facts suppressed by environmental activists, and he talks with rural Americans whose livelihoods are at risk if fracking is banned. Emotions run high but the truth runs deep.

FrackNation was made after Phelim McAleer confronted GASLAND filmmaker Josh Fox at a Q&A in Chicago. McAleer asked Fox about instances of water being lit on fire well before fracking occurred in America and why he didn’t include that information in GASLAND. Fox said the information “wasn’t relevant.” McAleer disagreed and put their exchange on YouTube. Fox sued to have it removed. That’s when McAleer realized there was more to the story of fracking than Josh Fox was letting on.

FrackNation was funded by 3,305 backers on Kickstarter who generously donated $212,265 to have us investigate the truth about fracking. All funds from oil and gas companies or their executives were explicitly rejected. FrackNation is a film by the people, for the people.

http://fracknation.com/

boutons_deux
01-23-2013, 11:37 AM
Just because well water was flammable before fracking doesn't mean fracking doesn't cause methane, etc pollution of ground water.

agreed: Fox said the information “wasn’t relevant.”

NPR had show this morning how even Ft Worth fucking TEXAS people are really tired and scared by all the earthquakes caused by fracking.

TeyshaBlue
01-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Just because well water was flammable before fracking doesn't mean fracking doesn't cause methane, etc pollution of ground water.

NPR had show this morning how even Ft Worth fucking TEXAS people are really tired and scared by all the earthquakes caused by fracking.

lol. I live there. Nobody is scared of earthquakes. I do believe there is a good link between disposal wells and recent quakes in this area tho. Blowing reclaimed water down to 13.000 ft at a rate of around 6 million gallons per month is not a good practice in an area with a large population of fault-lines (DFW). Other nearby counties without the fault architecture DFW has do not experience these quakes.

vy65
01-23-2013, 12:05 PM

e9CfUm0QeOk

MannyIsGod
01-23-2013, 12:30 PM
Gasland is a terrible documentary. Its a completely one sided view that ignores facts. This is just the reality. Fracking and GMO's are the two things that for whatever reason just send a lot of "green" minded people off the deep end irrationally. I've just not found a reason to accept the knee jerk reaction against both of these issues. I've had to listen to some ridiculous arguments from people on the subjects that a minimal amount of critical thinking is needed to see through.

CosmicCowboy
01-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Viva La Fracking!!

Th'Pusher
01-23-2013, 01:37 PM
lol. I live there. Nobody is scared of earthquakes. I do believe there is a good link between disposal wells and recent quakes in this area tho. Blowing reclaimed water down to 13.000 ft at a rate of around 6 million gallons per month is not a good practice in an area with a large population of fault-lines (DFW). Other nearby counties without the fault architecture DFW has do not experience these quakes.

Unfortunately the Texas Railroad Commission, responsible for regulation, disagrees with you. I am not suggesting we should pull the plug on fracking but, we can at least be smart about it.

TeyshaBlue
01-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Unfortunately the Texas Railroad Commission, responsible for regulation, disagrees with you. I am not suggesting we should pull the plug on fracking but, we can at least be smart about it.

Yeah...population of studies is young. Interestingly, the UK has been studying pretty much the same thing. They're not all in one way or the other yet.

For the most part, Fracking seems fine. Disposal, maybe not so much.

ElNono
01-23-2013, 02:24 PM
Yeah...population of studies is young. Interestingly, the UK has been studying pretty much the same thing. They're not all in one way or the other yet.

For the most part, Fracking seems fine. Disposal, maybe not so much.

:lol TB

GFY

TeyshaBlue
01-23-2013, 02:25 PM
:lol TB

GFY

:lol:lol