PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: When two awesome sport writers (who hate the Lakers) write about the Lakers...

Spursfanfromafar
01-24-2013, 02:56 AM
Zach Lowe is turning out to be a younger and more better (at half his experience) version of John Hollinger as a basketball writer. And Bill Simmons is the Sports Guy. And here they revel in all the schadenfreude as they see the Lakers implode.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8872264/lakers

Must Read.

rayjayjohnson
01-24-2013, 04:15 AM
Bill Simmons is not an awesome sportswriter, faggot.

Seventyniner
01-24-2013, 08:36 AM
Bill Simmons is not an awesome sportswriter, faggot.

He is awesome at hating the Lakers, though.

CubanMustGo
01-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Bill Simmons needs an editor that would make him cut 80% of his writing. The dude must be paid by the word and pads his articles with so much crap ...

TheRealCB
01-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Simmons IS awesome tbh.Even though his takes are not always correct,his articles are enjoyable reads more often than not.

nowhereman523
01-24-2013, 09:47 AM
"more better"

Killakobe81
01-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Zach Lowe is turning out to be a younger and more better (at half his experience) version of John Hollinger as a basketball writer. And Bill Simmons is the Sports Guy. And here they revel in all the schadenfreude as they see the Lakers implode.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8872264/lakers

Must Read.

I like Them both Simmons is entertaining Zach informative. But thanks for the info that Lowe is a Laker hater ... I now know to consider that when he writes on them ...

* Credit to him I did not reralize this when he wrote for SI ... the best writers should be able to do this. Simmons is good at what he does but an unbiased journalist he is not ...

Simmons: LOL Pats, Sox and Celts ...

Clipper Nation
01-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Simmons sucks, he's a crybaby Boston homer and metrosexual with a nails-on-chalkboard voice, tbh....

irishock
01-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Simmons is brutal.

Bill_Brasky
01-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Simmons molestsPEDIOD

silverblk mystix
01-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Not a bad article and a worthwhile read - if only to glean some ammo to use against the lakers and their stupidity lately.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Simmons is an acquired taste. I'd consider myself a fan but there are still days where I can't stand him. I used to say the same thing about Cuban: the best and worst thing about him is that he brings a fan's passion to his work. So when you agree with him it's on a level beyond just the X's, O's, and raw data of a guy like Hollinger. And when you disagree with him you feel like he's an asshole.

As someone noted above he has a tendency to ramble, and it's a lot like when you're hanging out talking sports with friends. Things wander off topic, sometimes to something relevant, many times into something pointless which is fine when you're with your pals and problematic when you've clicked a link hoping to learn something. When I know I've got some time to kill he's worth a look.

Monostradamus
01-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Bill Simmons is entertaining, but he lost all credibility as a serious analyst when he said the 06-07 Suns were "historically good" and would go down as one of the greatest teams to ever play.

Dex
01-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Simmons: I'm glad we finally got to Pau. Here's a good rule of thumb: If you're a professional basketball coach and your system is telling you, "I should play Earl Clark more than Pau Gasol," you need a new system.

Bingo.

KL2
01-24-2013, 02:17 PM
"more better"

ambchang
01-25-2013, 09:13 AM
There is another article that was referred in their, an analysis on why the Lakers are this bad this year, by Zach Lowe.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/45058/heres-why-the-lakers-have-been-so-terrible

Great read, very insightful.

ambchang
01-25-2013, 09:15 AM
As for this "email exchange" article, great that the authors touched on the Pau situation and D'antoni's ineptitude, how MDA is forcing a round peg in a square hole, and after years of abuse, Pau is finally done with this bullshit in LA.

Kobe already lost Pau years ago, but Phil Jackson, and to an extent Mike Brown still managed to keep Pau relatively happy by acknowledging his value, MDA just came in and pissed all over him.

rayjayjohnson
01-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Jesus simmons is a cock

Seventyniner
01-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Bill Simmons is entertaining, but he lost all credibility as a serious analyst when he said the 06-07 Suns were "historically good" and would go down as one of the greatest teams to ever play.

He also said that if the Spurs won last year's title, they would be one of the greatest teams ever.

As for this "email exchange" article, great that the authors touched on the Pau situation and D'antoni's ineptitude, how MDA is forcing a round peg in a square hole, and after years of abuse, Pau is finally done with this bullshit in LA.

Kobe already lost Pau years ago, but Phil Jackson, and to an extent Mike Brown still managed to keep Pau relatively happy by acknowledging his value, MDA just came in and pissed all over him.

You mean MDA is forcing a square peg into Pau's round hole, right?

whitemamba
01-25-2013, 12:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgoV5u2WWJs

skip around shit is honestly hilarious

CitizenDwayne
01-25-2013, 12:48 PM
I would really like Simmons if he weren't such an awkward, insecure douchebag.

ambchang
01-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Isn't videotaping and distributing NBA games without a written consent illegal?

BTW, that guy is a total hack, totally consistent with Laker fans on this site, living their life through the success of a team that they don't have any influence over.

HI-FI
01-25-2013, 04:38 PM
I would really like Simmons if he weren't such an awkward, insecure douchebag.
pretty much, his voice is horrible as well. His NFL writing is the worst, but I actually do like some of his basketball writing, partly because he is a Laker hater but he seems more passionate about basketball than football. He's the worst kind of Patriot fan with his football garbage.