PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Since Dwight won't re-sign if D'antoni is still there...

Riddler
01-24-2013, 09:56 AM
Bryant won't chase Howard out of here, but multiple sources tell Yahoo! Sports that the only issue that would give Howard pause on re-signing with the Lakers would be D'Antoni. In the end, D'Antoni is a coach who fundamentally doesn't believe in post play, who sees franchise centers as intrusive cloggers of the lane.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--forget-kobe-dwight--the-lakers-will-pay-for-doubling-down-on-failed-reunion-tour-of-d-antoni-nash-094336411.html

What if the Lakers fire D'antoni and Dwight still leaves?

Fabbs
01-24-2013, 10:13 AM
As much as a lot of us don't like Howard and thought he cemented his childish greedy image by becoming a Flamer, how many props should and would he rightly get if he was punking the Fakeshow the whole time? :lmao Walks away as a free agent.

LakeShow
01-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Nice article.
Buss passed on the Lakers' glorious championship legacy to attach his franchise to the desert mirage of D'Antoni and Nash, a reunion tour born of a one-dimensional, gimmick offense and a point guard pushing 39 years old.
"The way this turns out," one league source connected to the hiring process said, "you've chosen not only Steve Nash over [Pau] Gasol, but maybe over Gasol and Dwight [Howard]."

I said that if Phil were to come back and coach the lakers. Nash would be Steve Kerr material and definitely would not start. Phil loves a guy like Morris that he could groom to be more defensive (Like Harper and Fisher) if he sees what we see, he would probably want Nash gone.

Fabbs
01-24-2013, 10:24 AM
^^And planned the whole thing.

No i don't think he did I'm just sayin. That would be epic. :lmao

LakeShow
01-24-2013, 10:25 AM
As much as a lot of us don't like Howard and thought he cemented his childish greedy image by becoming a Flamer, how many props should and would he rightly get if he was punking the Fakeshow the whole time? :lmao Walks away as a free agent.

WGAF, Lakers wont win a title this year and neither will the Spurs. The Spurs are forever stuck in mediocrity and no one cares about them. even your own fans.

Fabbs
01-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Nice article.
Buss passed on the Lakers' glorious championship legacy to attach his franchise to the desert mirage of D'Antoni and Nash, a reunion tour born of a one-dimensional, gimmick offense and a point guard pushing 39 years old.
"The way this turns out," one league source connected to the hiring process said, "you've chosen not only Steve Nash over [Pau] Gasol, but maybe over Gasol and Dwight [Howard]."

I said that if Phil were to come back and coach the lakers. Nash would be Steve Kerr material and definitely would not start. Phil loves a guy like Morris that he could groom to be more defensive (Like Harper and Fisher) if he sees what we see, he would probably want Nash gone.
Coatails Phil is gonna want 5 tons more then Morris starting and Nash to the bench or gone.

LakeShow
01-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Coatails Phil is gonna want 5 tons more then Morris starting and Nash to the bench or gone.

He should get whatever he wants.

LakeShow
01-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Fuck Dwight, Fuck Nash, Fuck NDA, Fuck Jim Buss and Fuck You! Who's next?

Clipper Nation
01-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Lakerfan, you do realize Phil's finna get PAID by the Sonics, right? :lol

LakeShow
01-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Lakerfan, you do realize Phil's finna get PAID by the Sonics, right? :lol

Maybe, but as long as the lakers have Jenny, they have a shot at him.

irishock
01-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Lakers will fire D'antoni after this season. Saves embarrassment from having to fire 2 coaches in a 1 season

Clipper Nation
01-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Maybe, but as long as the lakers have Jenny, they have a shot at him.
As long as the Lakers have Jimmy, they don't have much of a shot really :lol

Riddler
01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Lakers will fire D'antoni after this season. Saves embarrassment from having to fire 2 coaches in a 1 season

I don't think he;ll last that long. They have a 7 game road trip coming up and if they do horrid on it I think he's gone. I see Dwight walking either way, and if the Lakers don't trade him then they deserve to lose him. So they are going to have to make a choice at the deadline. Gasol or Howard.

Splits
01-24-2013, 11:23 AM
"We've got an All-Star team," D'Antoni said. "Have you ever watched an All-Star Game? It's God-awful because everybody gets the ball, they go one-on-one and then they play no defense. That's our team."

:lmao

LakeShow
01-24-2013, 11:25 AM
As long as the Lakers have Jimmy, they don't have much of a shot really :lol

Never underestimate the power of a woman.

Riddler
01-24-2013, 11:32 AM
There’s the one guy, the two guy, the three guy and the four guy. It might not be the same guy every night, but somebody’s got to accept being the fourth guy. And if you’ve been the first guy all your life, that’s hard to accept.

D'antoni shitting on Dwight :lol

Mel_13
01-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Dantoni quit on the Suns and he quit on the Knicks. Looks like he's perfectly content to get fired and collect Buss' money for the next three years while he works for ESPN or TNT.

LakeShow
01-24-2013, 11:45 AM
This season is approaching historic levels for me as a Lakers fan. Unbelievable!

I admit I was on the trade Gasol bandwagon but not just for this seasons, I hate his softness but if this Idiot needs to trade him for his system. Fuck that! Don't trade anybody.

Banzai
01-24-2013, 04:01 PM
go down in fucking flames I say!
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/trustfall.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5377)
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/1243595264_car-backflip-fail.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5413)

ElNono
01-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Lakers need to trade Gasol for McGee, tbh... go full monkey balling... plus you get gems like this:

http://i.minus.com/iLfBmTBXw59fR.gif

UZER
01-24-2013, 04:15 PM
I love how every Lakers fan throws Buss under the bus for the D'Antoni hiring when Kobe Bryant personally signed off on it if they couldn't get Phil.

Kobe was thinking 7 secs or less was gonna pad his stats for the scoring title and regular season glory. Kobe never does anything without his selfish reasons behind it. Now that's its not working, he's throwing the system under the bus....but I thought we were all idiots for questioning it earlier this year :cry

LkrFan
01-24-2013, 04:25 PM
At this point, I could give two shits about resigning Howard. If he goes, there will be another star that will flock to LA. Just like Wilt. Just like Shaq. It may not happen for a while, but it will happen.

i root for all Lakers (aka homerism), but I can say with a straight face that I have been underwhelmed with Howard this year. If he stuck to defense, rebounding, and putback dunks, he'd be great. As it stands, he wants the ball but has no post game and is good for about 4 TOs/game. These TOs kill LA because other teams fast break on our old asses.

if he bounces, we'll pay another disgruntled star or a combination of good players until another star becomes available. If Bynum weren't so injury prone, Howard never even dons P&G tbh.

Clipper Nation
01-24-2013, 04:28 PM
At this point, I could give two shits about resigning Howard. If he goes, there will be another star that will flock to LA. Just like Wilt. Just like Shaq. It may not happen for a while, but it will happen.
Harsher luxury tax rules + competition from other warm-weather destination teams (MIA, LAC) = good luck with that dream :lol

whitemamba
01-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Harsher luxury tax rules + competition from other warm-weather destination teams (MIA, LAC) = good luck with that dream :lol

time warner deal tbh.

Riddler
01-24-2013, 05:15 PM

i root for all Lakers (aka homerism), but I can say with a straight face that I have been underwhelmed with Howard this year. If he stuck to defense, rebounding, and putback dunks, he'd be great. As it stands, he wants the ball but has no post game and is good for about 4 TOs/game. These TOs kill LA because other teams fast break on our old asses.

if he bounces, we'll pay another disgruntled star or a combination of good players until another star becomes available. If Bynum weren't so injury prone, Howard never even dons P&G tbh.

Maybe if Jim Buss isn't in charge.

Clipper Nation
01-24-2013, 05:33 PM
time warner deal tbh.
Even with a media deal that big, nobody wants to spend a ridiculous amount of money on luxury tax alone on top of the players' salaries and obviously paying for coaches, front office, staff, etc...

LakeShow
01-24-2013, 06:45 PM
I love how every Lakers fan throws Buss under the bus for the D'Antoni hiring when Kobe Bryant personally signed off on it if they couldn't get Phil.

Kobe was thinking 7 secs or less was gonna pad his stats for the scoring title and regular season glory. Kobe never does anything without his selfish reasons behind it. Now that's its not working, he's throwing the system under the bus....but I thought we were all idiots for questioning it earlier this year :cry

Spurs Fans kill me with their hatred for Kobe because of the humiliation inflicted on that franchise in the past. Get over it! Jim Buss runs the lakers now and pulls all the strings. Kobe liked MDA and said he would be cool with it. Kobe endorsed him before he found out that Phil Jackson was available and he quickly changed his vote to Phil Jackson.

Kobe was thinking 7 NBA title appearances and 5 NBA titles in 11 years. Kobe wants to win and always has and that along with his exceptional talent is what makes him one of the greatest players to ever play the game.

Cry Havoc
01-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Spurs Fans kill me with their hatred for Kobe because of the humiliation inflicted on that franchise in the past. Get over it! Jim Buss runs the lakers now and pulls all the strings. Kobe liked MDA and said he would be cool with it. Kobe endorsed him before he found out that Phil Jackson was available and he quickly changed his vote to Phil Jackson.

Kobe was thinking 7 NBA title appearances and 5 NBA titles in 11 years. Kobe wants to win and always has and that along with his exceptional talent is what makes him one of the greatest players to ever play the game.

Oh look, a Lakers poster with an original take. :rolleyes

LakeShow
01-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Oh look, a Lakers poster with an original take. :rolleyes

A Lakers poster with the only take.

Cry Havoc
01-24-2013, 06:54 PM
A Lakers poster with the only take.

And it's very easy to find posted about 6,000 times per day. Just click here: www.lakersground.com

LakeShow
01-24-2013, 06:55 PM
And it's very easy to find posted about 6,000 times per day. Just click here: www.lakersground.com (http://www.lakersground.com)

Truth hurts, doesn't it.

LkrFan
01-24-2013, 07:09 PM

A) The Lakers have proven that luxury taxes don't mean jack to them
B) You may be right as long as CP3 is there but...
C) The Lakers have deeper pockets than Miami and LAC combined ($5B TWC deal allows them to absorb luxury tax penalties)

All of the above is moot as long as Jim Buss is destroying my favorite team with his idiotic vision for the Lakers (firing Phil, hiring MB, firing MB, hiring MDA instead of Phil).

LkrFan
01-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Maybe if Jim Buss isn't in charge.

This is an undeniable truth bomb. They really need to put Jeannie in charge. She's has more basketball knowedge in her edible thong than Jim ever will have.

irishock
01-24-2013, 07:19 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/f82cc320ae754f057b9232e9b2bcbb4c/tumblr_mh5himvWSq1qe1x8qo1_500.png

Do it Mitch

Bill_Brasky
01-24-2013, 08:55 PM
I really hope the Lakers turn into the Cowboys of the NBA, their fans from back in the day are pretty cool but the Kobists must be done away with.

LakerHater
01-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Maybe the problem isnt the coaches Dwight has been with!

Ace
01-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Lakers will struggle to get anyone to sign there this offseason after this nightmare season. Especially with MIA, LAC and both teams in NY as their competition. Cuban is going all out this offseason as well, IMO.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Jim buss is burying this franchise........ get rid of that dumb nigga and you'll see the old Lakers back

dbreiden83080
01-24-2013, 11:23 PM
So the Lakers will be paying what about 25 mil for coaches that don't coach the team anymore? :lol

Latarian Milton
01-24-2013, 11:53 PM
nigga is confident _'antoni will leave the post before the season ends, nigga is a coach killer tbh.

whitemamba
01-25-2013, 01:03 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/f82cc320ae754f057b9232e9b2bcbb4c/tumblr_mh5himvWSq1qe1x8qo1_500.png

Do it Mitch
:rollin

TDMVPDPOY
01-25-2013, 09:03 AM
i dunno how can pringles believe in post play, when d12 hasnt shown shit down low...

lol lakers = chelsea FC, overpaying coaches to fire them and repay out their stupid contracts...

lakers slowly catching chelsea how many coaches they still paying off...

Riddler
01-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Read an article that the Lakers arenot considering firing or buying out D'antonI in the near future.

UZER
01-25-2013, 09:41 AM

Do it Mitch

:lol man they're all the same...egotistical attention seeking whores. Kobe learned from the best.

edit: I just got teo'd! :lol nice PhotoShop! But I'm still not wrong.

Splits
01-25-2013, 09:49 AM
Read an article that the Lakers arenot considering firing or buying out D'antonI in the near future.

Interesting. I read on the intertoobz that the Jews planned 9/11

jimbo
01-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Outside of not resigning PJ, what has Jim done to destroy the Lakers? All the real basketball related matters are in Mitch's hands. It's not like he's a Dolan or Jerry Jones. Ya'll are overreacting. (Kobe and Mitch still signed off on D'Antoni)

TBH, PJ would have made the playoffs, but still as the 6-8th seed. We forgetting that he got swept and didn't even care his last year? (With an equivalent roster tbh with Dwight in full baby mode and Nash TOSB) He was laughing on the sidelines, giving that stupid PJ smile. At least Mike Brown won a game against the Thunder.

Killakobe81
01-25-2013, 05:42 PM

So much hyperbole ...

Killakobe81
01-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Outside of not resigning PJ, what has Jim done to destroy the Lakers? All the real basketball related matters are in Mitch's hands. It's not like he's a Dolan or Jerry Jones. Ya'll are overreacting. (Kobe and Mitch still signed off on D'Antoni)

TBH, PJ would have made the playoffs, but still as the 6-8th seed. We forgetting that he got swept and didn't even care his last year? (With an equivalent roster tbh with Dwight in full baby mode and Nash TOSB) He was laughing on the sidelines, giving that stupid PJ smile. At least Mike Brown won a game against the Thunder.

This. there is no move outside of getting Lebron or Durant that will help the Lakers win a title anytime soon. I get they dont want to rebuild ... tried to re-load. It failed ...ah well. At least Celts aint winning it either . All I care about (big picture) is eeing us win 1more than the Celts before I die. Kobe getting 6 ranks pretty low for me ...and it would only lead to more hate since Kobe fanbois would re-open the Kobe/Jordan debate that ended long ago ...

Short-term just give me a team that plays hard every bnight.

DMC
01-25-2013, 05:48 PM

Firing two coaching in 1 season sends a clear message of intent and standards. It also hurts the pocketbook. It wouldn't be more embarrassing than losing and it wouldn't hurt ticket sales or merchandising.

DMC
01-25-2013, 05:52 PM
I actually wish the Lakers would bring Phil back. That way he could hush it critics who say he needs a stacked team to win a ring. Sure this team is stacked, but two coaches couldn't get them together. If Phil could, that would be a great legacy. I believe he would just let them run themselves and not give a shit. They would fail and he would take his money and leave again. That would be great.

HarlemHeat37
01-25-2013, 05:54 PM
The Lakers were coming off back-to-back titles and 3 consecutive Finals appearances before getting swept by Dallas..I don't know why it's used as a reference point for Jackson's failure at the end of his tenure..any team would be burnt out by 3 consecutive Finals appearances, it takes a toll, especially in a city like LA with endless pressure from the media and fans..

Kidd K
01-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Like I said when Mike Brown got fired. . .the Lakers sucking wasn't his fault. It was the players'. Is anyone really shocked the Lakers still sucked? Super selfish perimeter player and good playmaking perimeter player don't work well together since one needs the ball while the other refuses to give it up. . .while on the same team with a selfish post player who can't impact the game on D' very well 'cause both high profile perimeter players they have SUCK on defense.

jimbo
01-25-2013, 10:37 PM
The Lakers were coming off back-to-back titles and 3 consecutive Finals appearances before getting swept by Dallas..I don't know why it's used as a reference point for Jackson's failure at the end of his tenure..any team would be burnt out by 3 consecutive Finals appearances, it takes a toll, especially in a city like LA with endless pressure from the media and fans..

It's just another indication that he needs a stacked roster to win. That was pre German surgery Kobe, sulking Pau, no Lamar Odom, and :lol Bynum. The current Lakers are in even more a state of disarray and people expected PJ to do much better?