PDA

View Full Version : Can Duncan add this to his game?

Bandit2981
07-01-2005, 02:53 PM
A 3 point shot? I know it sounds strange, but its the only thing he hasnt really experimented with as of yet. He can already hit the mid range jumpers and has thrown in a 3 bomb at times late in the shot clock and looked pretty decent...If he could add a semi-reliable 3 point shot to his game, similar to how other PFs can do it like Dirk, Radmonovic, Rasheed, even Garnett to an extent, that would really spread the floor and give another unexpected offensive threat. maybe its a pipe dream, but it would be nice :spin

Horry For 3!
07-01-2005, 02:59 PM
I don't see Duncan shooting many 3s and I don't think Pop would want him that far outside shooting 3s. Then he won't be near the basketball for offensive rebounds or put backs. It is fine how it is so don't change it.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-01-2005, 02:59 PM
He can add it later. Right now healthy ankles are goal #1.

MannyIsGod
07-01-2005, 03:01 PM
No. There's no need for Tim to go out there, and he'll never have a really accurate shot from the 3 point line. It wouldn't fit into the gameplan at all. No, what I want is a much closer shot, specifically one from 15 feet dead on, to fall a bit more consistently

ducks
07-01-2005, 03:03 PM
if he shots threes he can not rebound the ball

if he is out by three point land he can not rebound other peopels misses

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 03:03 PM
This is another thing that makes KG a better player than Duncan that he is a threat at 3 pointers even though he doesn't shoot many. Duncan you could leave wide open and he won't shoot that shot.

Bandit2981
07-01-2005, 03:05 PM
yeah the rebounding thing would be a bit of a problem, but i dont think he should look for a 3 point shot all the time either...i guess i meant it would be nice when the spurs were running an offense where tim is at the elbows instead of the post, he could sneak out a little bit from time to time beyond the 3 line and if left open, he could fire away. wont ever happen though :lol

spur219
07-01-2005, 03:06 PM
FT's?

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2005, 03:09 PM
TD has enough range on his shot to keep defenders honest as it is, but I agree, it would be pretty smooth if he could.

I remember that one season when George Jefferson had DRob launching treys. That was fucked up. The funny thing is that he nailed a solid % of them (around 35%). Sometimes DRob was like a friggin robot. He could do anything, but he had to be told to do so.

kevm2
07-01-2005, 03:12 PM
KG is not a better player than Duncan and in no form or fashion should our key rebounder be shooting threes on a constant basis. The last thing we need is to go away from what makes the Spurs so successful: Duncan's post presence. Who's going to double Duncan at the three point line? Not only does that greatly increase the other team's chance for rebounding, but it also disrupts our offense. The lanes would be closed because nobody is doubling Duncan.

Extra Stout
07-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Why exactly would the Spurs want to take the best post player in the game and have him float around the three-point line? I can't imagine any scheme in the offense where that is a good idea.

That keyhole jumper is all he needs.

Bandit2981
07-01-2005, 03:22 PM
like i stated in my 2nd post, it wouldnt be a staple of the offense, just an option when they ran duncan off the elbows instead of the post

CosmicCowboy
07-01-2005, 03:24 PM
ditto

I'd rather he learn to shoot free throws consistently instead of 3's...

Useruser666
07-01-2005, 03:25 PM
This is another thing that makes KG a better player than Duncan that he is a threat at 3 pointers even though he doesn't shoot many. Duncan you could leave wide open and he won't shoot that shot.

This quote is another reason why nobody can take you seriously. KG is better than Duncan because he can make threes that he doesn't take? I'm better than Duncan because I can make threes I don't make.

Priceless.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-01-2005, 03:25 PM
The Spurs don't need anyone else jacking up threes, thank you, especially their best post guy.

What do you want him to turn into. . .Chris Webber??

Spurologist
07-01-2005, 03:27 PM
He might become like Dirk and build camp around the three point line and I dare say he will lose his aggresiveness. Timaay is ultimate post player. Lets not change that, please.

nkdlunch
07-01-2005, 03:32 PM
He dominates at the post. Why would he. He ain't Chris Webber.

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Spoiled Spurs fans. :rolleyes
Timmy is perfect JUST the way he is. He brought 3 championships to a non-championship city, did he not?

Leave what works alone.

ObiwanGinobili
07-01-2005, 03:44 PM
He can add it later. Right now healthy ankles are goal #1.

All I'm saying is thats dude better be going around town on a Rascal this summer or heads will roll! I don't want anything to happen!

constantstate
07-01-2005, 03:50 PM
All I'm saying is thats dude better be going around town on a Rascal this summer or heads will roll! I don't want anything to happen!
:lol lets get the spurs to spend their mle this year on a pair of extra ankles... or a tricked-out rascal with spurs detailing...

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-01-2005, 03:53 PM
:lol lets get the spurs to spend their mle this year on a pair of extra ankles... or a tricked-out rascal with spurs detailing...

Could the guys from "Pimp My Ride" get some 24's on Rascal? Maybe some sweet spinners, too!

I think the MLE would be best spent on two large guys who will carry Tim everywhere and a third guy to run out ahead and remove any and all tripping hazards.

samikeyp
07-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Spoiled Spurs fans.

weren't you the one in a previous thread that took exception to someone speaking for all Spurs fans. :p

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 05:43 PM
^Heh. I was talking in reference to the person who started this thread and others wanting more from Timmy. ;)

Jim Rome
07-01-2005, 05:47 PM
maybe its a pipe dream, but it would be nice :spin

YEAH.

A DREAM THAT COMES OUT OF YOUR PIPE THAT'S LOADED WITH MIND-BENDING DRUGS MAYBE.

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME DROPPING A OR BUYING A GRATEFUL DEAD ALBUM YOU HIPPIE.

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Let's say San Antonio is down by 3. Wouldn't it help to know that Duncan can hit that shot like Garnett can. He would be useless in this case and Garnett can make that shot. So can Webber but Webber sucks. I'm not asking him to shoot 20 3's a game but just be able to do it. Same with free throws and Garnett can hit 75% of those.

mcornelio
07-01-2005, 05:51 PM
according to some people im the best baskeball player ever because i dont miss from 3,, but i cant dribble or rebound or do anything else... should i go out for the draft?

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Let's say San Antonio is down by 3. Wouldn't it help to know that Duncan can hit that shot like Garnett can. He would be useless in this case and Garnett can make that shot. So can Webber but Webber sucks. I'm not asking him to shoot 20 3's a game but just be able to do it. Same with free throws and Garnett can hit 75% of those.
That's something Horry/Manu/Parker can do. And why Barry was brought here for. :rolleyes

I don't care if Garnett can shoot 100%. He's nowhere near Duncan's greatness. Nobody would take him over Tim. We don't need him to make 3s. He does his job, and we'll let other shooters worry about that. ;)

Bandit2981
07-01-2005, 05:59 PM
^Heh. I was talking in reference to the person who started this thread and others wanting more from Timmy
im not a spoiled spurs fan, far from it. ive never jumped ship like many others in here, and even in defeat i go down with the ship gracefully. i didnt say tim should be another 3 point shooter for the team, i said maybe he should work on hitting it with some consistency so if he is ever found to be open out there he could knock it down like a Garnett Or Rasheed could. once again, I DIDNT SAY MAKE HIM A DAMN 3 POINT SHOOTER IN THE OFFENSE. fuck.

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 06:03 PM
That's something Horry/Manu/Parker can do. And why Barry was brought here for. :rolleyes

I don't care if Garnett can shoot 100%. He's nowhere near Duncan's greatness. Nobody would take him over Tim. We don't need him to make 3s. He does his job, and we'll let other shooters worry about that. ;)
How easy is it for another team to know for sure that Duncan won't be hitting a 3 at an end of the game. They won't even guard him and double team someone else. You couldn't do this to Garnett.

caspian
07-01-2005, 06:04 PM
All Bandit is saying is that it's better to be able to shoot 3s than to not be able to shoot 3s, wouldn't everyone agree? Might as well be able to do it all; you never know. He almost can...

Last time I checked that could fairly be described as "adding to one's game".

I would, however, agree that I'd rather him be able to shoot free throws first.

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 06:04 PM
im not a spoiled spurs fan, far from it. ive never jumped ship like many others in here, and even in defeat i go down with the ship gracefully. i didnt say tim should be another 3 point shooter for the team, i said maybe he should work on hitting it with some consistency so if he is ever found to be open out there he could knock it down like a Garnett Or Rasheed could. once again, I DIDNT SAY MAKE HIM A DAMN 3 POINT SHOOTER IN THE OFFENSE. fuck.
What the hell does "jumping ship" have ANYTHING to do with being a spoiled Spurs fan? Think about it...
What I meant with "spoiled" was that a lot of people that follow the Spurs are so used to winning, and having great players, they want more and more from them, and are not complacent with the fact that we JUST WON A DAMN CHAMPIONSHIP, and maybe, just maybe, our team is just fine, and doesn't need no improvements suggested by fans. Pop knows what he does. Duncan knows what he does.

We're actually very lucky to have such an amazing player like Tim; he's so fundamental, complete, dominant, and a great leader. We cannot possibly ask for anything more.

Be glad we have him. He doesn't need to improve 3 pt shooting, because like I said, we have LOTS of other players capable of doing that. Didn't HORRY just prove that?! We need Duncan to be our leader, rebounder, blocker, etc. 3 pt shooter is just pushing it.

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 06:07 PM
How easy is it for another team to know for sure that Duncan won't be hitting a 3 at an end of the game. They won't even guard him and double team someone else. You couldn't do this to Garnett.
Who the hell cares about Garnett? He couldn't carry his team to the playoffs, so don't you dare compare Tim to the likes of Garnett, just because he can shoot a 3. :rolleyes

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 06:07 PM
What the hell does "jumping ship" have ANYTHING to do with being a spoiled Spurs fan? Think about it...
What I meant with "spoiled" was that a lot of people that follow the Spurs are so used to winning, and having great players, they want more and more from them, and are not complacent with the fact that we JUST WON A DAMN CHAMPIONSHIP, and maybe, just maybe, our team is just fine, and doesn't need no improvements suggested by fans. Pop knows what he does. Duncan knows what he does.

We will against Phoenix next year

Bandit2981
07-01-2005, 06:09 PM
tim is a great player, but theres nothing wrong with trying to add another level to your abilities...at least caspian gets it

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Dude.. take solace in the fact that Pop and the Spurs org. know what the hell they're doing. Evidence that they're better at making team decisions than fans: 3 Championship trophies.

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 06:12 PM
tim is a great player, but theres nothing wrong with trying to add another level to your abilities...at least caspian gets it
I'd rather see him improve his FT than his 3s. FTs are FAR more important than 3s any other player from the Spurs can take.

My consolation: Timmy has been through 3 championships in spite of his FT woes...

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Phoenix is for real and every little improvement will be needed against possibly next years champions.

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 06:14 PM
^ You must be kidding. 4-1. Almost a sweep, and you STILL don't think the Spurs can take them?

Whoever they add in their roster, they're still not going to play the defense needed to win a championship.

Teams in the finals this year: The top 2 defensive teams in the league.

Bandit2981
07-01-2005, 06:14 PM
I'd rather see him improve his FT than his 3s

Timmy has been through 3 championships in spite of his FT woes...
then by the logic you used against me, tim doesnt need to do a damn thing about his free throws :rolleyes

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Tim will never improve on his free throws but there is still hope on his 3 point shot.

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 06:16 PM
then by the logic you used against me, tim doesnt need to do a damn thing about his free throws :rolleyes
We'd all love for him to improve in FTs, but there's been no real improvement there. HOWEVER, we still won 3 rings in spite of it. BECAUSE he's that good... he can make up for them in other aspects (or should I say ALL OTHER aspects) of his game.

So I don't worry.

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Tim will never improve on his free throws but there is still hope on his 3 point shot.
That makes no sense whatsoever. It's a lot harder to shoot 3s than FTs.

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 06:19 PM
I doubt he works on his 3 pointers that much. He focus mostly on free throws which never improve. That is my logic.

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 06:20 PM
And one last thing:

I'd rather Tim keep being his normal self without improvement in 3s, than to see him becoming another Dirk Nowitzki who spends half his time shooting 3s (although not much this season) instead of taking on the role of a Power Forward and actually battling it out in the paint and being aggressive.

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 06:24 PM
I never said he should become Dirk Nowitzki but I say spend about 10% of his time on 3 pointers so he can feel comfortable and hit that wide open 3 at the end of games.

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 06:26 PM
I give up.

We've won 3 rings in 7 years without having Tim shoot many 3s... Hence, my response of him trying to improve there being completely unnecessary.

I'm just gonna leave it at that.

ambchang
07-01-2005, 06:30 PM
We will against Phoenix next year
The Wolves need to improve not just against Phoenix, but every team in the league next year. When you said we, you meant the Wolves, right?

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 06:36 PM
When you said we, you meant the Wolves, right?
He/she obviously did:

This is another thing that makes KG a better player than Duncan
Pitiful Wolves fans... :rolleyes

ambchang
07-01-2005, 06:36 PM

2004 - Garnett = 24% from 3 (6 for 25)
2004 - Duncan = 33.3% from 3 (3 for 9)

Hey Duncan's a better 3 pt shooter too! I never would have looked if you haven't brought that up.

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 06:38 PM
^ :lol
UN-FRIGGIN-BELIEVABLE

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 06:38 PM
I am just honest. I don't let being a fan of the spurs effect in a way of distorting reality on who is the best player in the game. Garnett does not have the players around him to compete for the championship but Duncan does. Phoenix should scare all of you on the additions they got this summer. Phoenix are very well prepared to knock off the spurs with their 2 new additions. Bell will be defending Ginobili and Johnson on Parker which would be perfect for Phoenix.

ambchang
07-01-2005, 06:39 PM
BTW, other than FTs, Duncan could work on this drives to the basket. Right now, he is great from 15-18 with that bank shot, and I admit the defenders are giving him that because they fear his ability to drive to a certain extent, but if he could start driving the ball to the basket and kick it out, he would be deadly.
Shooting a lot of 3 pt shots are not for big man, they are for little guys, or pussy big man who are too afraid to go to the hole. Guys like Garnett and Webber.

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 06:40 PM
I am just honest. I don't let being a fan of the spurs effect in a way of distorting reality on who is the best player in the game. Garnett does not have the players around him to compete for the championship but Duncan does. Phoenix should scare all of you on the additions they got this summer. Phoenix are very well prepared to knock off the spurs with their 2 new additions. Bell will be defending Ginobili and Johnson on Parker which would be perfect for Phoenix.
Something sadder than trolls who talk sh*t are trolls who pretend to be Spurs fans just so they can strategically and slowly try and make us believe how good one of your players are! :rolleyes

This is too pitiful for words.

Garnett better than Duncan?! Too funny for words. :lol

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Shooting a lot of 3 pt shots are not for big man, they are for little guys, or pussy big man who are too afraid to go to the hole. Guys like Garnett and Webber.
Exactly.

ambchang
07-01-2005, 06:46 PM

Yeah, it's probably time to jump to the Phoenix bandwaggon after the clumping you got for being a Wolves fan.
You can be honest, but honesty and stupidity are not mutually exclusive. It would be funny if you were just trolling, but if you were really honest, then you are just dumb.
BTW, Al Harrington's teammates are even worse, and the Hawks sucked too, so by your "logic" that having better teammates and doing worse as a team makes a better player, he is better than Garnett too.

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Wow. Duncan hit 3 of 9 of 3 pointing shots. He really is a threat. How lucky was he to make that many because he would never shoot one at an end of game to tie it up. That is not enough shots to consider Duncan a threat at all.

ambchang
07-01-2005, 06:49 PM
Wow. Duncan hit 3 of 9 of 3 pointing shots. He really is a threat. How lucky was he to make that many because he would never shoot one at an end of game to tie it up. That is not enough shots to consider Duncan a threat at all.

And Garnett shooting 6 or 25, wow, what a threat!

Bandit2981
07-01-2005, 06:49 PM
its amazing how you can state over and over and over that duncan shouldnt become a 3 point shooter, but rather be confident shooting them if he is somehow found to be open behind the 3 point line, and yet the words still fly over peoples heads...no reading comprehension apparently

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Look, you annoying little envious T-Pup fan, you're the first moron who brought up Garnett being good at 3s, when it's already been proven he's lame:

2004 - Garnett = 24% from 3 (6 for 25)
2004 - Duncan = 33.3% from 3 (3 for 9)

We NEVER said Duncan was a threat in 3s, moron. :rolleyes

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 06:51 PM
its amazing how you can state over and over and over that duncan shouldnt become a 3 point shooter, but rather be confident shooting them if he is somehow found to be open behind the 3 point line, and yet the words still fly over peoples heads...no reading comprehension apparently
Who are you talking to?

Bandit2981
07-01-2005, 06:52 PM
everyone, its a message board

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 06:53 PM
I fucking hate the timberwolves but I've seen Garnett hit 3's at an end of a game in the playoffs to burn the Kings. So stop labeling me a t pup fan.

Ginobilly
07-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Wtf would you want Duncan shooting 3's??

A thing Duncan could work on during the summer is bulking up a little more and add like 7/8 lbs of muscle to his frame. These past two years he has been pushed around a lot and has been getting outmuscled for rebounds.

TOP-CHERRY
07-01-2005, 06:56 PM
I fucking hate the timberwolves but I've seen Garnett hit 3's at an end of a game in the playoffs to burn the Kings. So stop labeling me a t pup fan.
Then stop arguing that Garnett is better than Tim, when Tim's going down as being one of the best players in the history of the NBA.

Your love for Garnett and the wolves spills through your pores. :rolleyes

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 07:00 PM
I don't hate Garnett but I hate his teammates. I'll admit to that. I still feel that without Garnett that team would be last place but without Duncan San Antonio would still make the playoffs as the 8th seed.

CosmicCowboy
07-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Wtf would you want Duncan shooting 3's??

A thing Duncan could work on during the summer is bulking up a little more and add like 7/8 lbs of muscle to his frame. These past two years he has been pushed around a lot and has been getting outmuscled for rebounds.

:lmao

you're funny...are you just remembering the most recent games you have watched?

go back and look at pictures of Tim in '99

he has bulked up. Tim's had ankle problems this year. This is no secret. Tim also didn't want to risk getting off the floor unnecessarily and coming down on someones foot and ending his season. Also ending the Spurs season. They won the O'Brien and Tim was usually getting at least 15 rebounds per game. What the fuck do you want from him?

ambchang
07-01-2005, 07:18 PM

Wow! You actually saw Garnett hit 3's at an end of a game in the playoffs to burn the Kings? It can't be this year, cuz the Wolves didn't even make the playoffs, in fact, it has to be 2004 because that's the only year the wolves made it out of the first round and faced the Kings, so Garnett's numbers on 3s were as follows

Game 1 - 0 for 2
Game 2 - 0 for 1
Game 3 - 0 for 1
Game 4 - 1 for 3
Game 5 - 0 for 0
Game 6 - 1 for 1
Game 7 - 1 for 1

So which playoff game did you see him "hit 3's at an end of a game in the playoffs to burn the King"? So maybe yeah, you can't even call yourself a wolves fan, you don't even know what your superhero did!

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah and one of those 3 pointers in the playoffs took out the kings. I think it was game 6 where Minnesota took back the home court. Duncan wouldn't even try to burn another team on his 3's because he knows he can't make them.

caŽlo
07-01-2005, 09:30 PM
its enough for me that duncan just works on his ft's and more into his game. he doesnt need the 3 point shot. heck even pop hates 3 point shots. then why take away your best rebounder further away from the rim?

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 09:34 PM
its enough for me that duncan just works on his ft's and more into his game. he doesnt need the 3 point shot. heck even pop hates 3 point shots. then why take away your best rebounder further away from the rim?
I am not talking about on a regular basis of tons of 3's but just enough for the other team not to you leave you open for a 3 late in the game knowing you won't make it. Duncan should spend tons of time on free throws but not to ignore 3 pointers.

CalsonicKansei
07-01-2005, 09:34 PM
That is why Dirk can't lead his team to the Finals. Because he shoots 3s.

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 09:55 PM
That is why Dirk can't lead his team to the Finals. Because he shoots 3s.
I didn't know 3 point shooting was such a liability. Yeah Dirk relies on long range shooting but so does alot of players. You can't blame one part of their game and say that is why they didn't go far. Bullshit.

ambchang
07-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Yeah and one of those 3 pointers in the playoffs took out the kings. I think it was game 6 where Minnesota took back the home court. Duncan wouldn't even try to burn another team on his 3's because he knows he can't make them.

But you said "hit 3's at an end of a game in the playoffs to burn the King". I would say that 3's is more than 1 3.
Game 6, the Wolves won by a huge margin, so the 3 didn't do anything.
For game 7 (http://www.nba.com/games/20040519/SACMIN/recap.html), and the recap was

Minnesota was clinging to a 64-62 lead when Garnett took over. In a four-minute span, he made a jumper, an inside basket, a scoop layup and a dunk after a nasty crossover dribble that left Webber swiping at air and opened a 74-68 lead.
After Sacramento's Brad Miller made a layup, Garnett saved a broken play, beating the shot clock with a 3-pointer for a 77-70 lead with 3:36 to go.

Given that Garnett saved a broken play, he wasn't being a particular threat out in the perimeter.

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Ok. He was lucky but hit more 3's than Duncan would and in a big game can hit that shot is a bonus and how clutch Garnett is. I wouldn't call Duncan clutch but I would call Horry, Ginobili, and Bowen clutch.

tophy7
07-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Those 3's that KG hit to beat the kings was a regular season game not the playoffs, being the Wolves fan you are I'm surprised you didn't know

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=231205023 here is the link to the game. Also I've seen Duncan hit a 3 to beat the hornets in a regular season game so that makes it 1-1 with Duncan and KG hitting 3's to win a game. Even though Duncan's was to win a game and KG's was just to force overtime

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 11:32 PM
I guess I'm a wolves fan, a rockets fan, and a Phoenix fan since giving certain players their due is not being a spurs fan. I am just telling the truth and people on here don't like to hear it. How can anybody not like the spurs.

tophy7
07-01-2005, 11:34 PM
The fact you've said positives for those teams and never ever said anything positive about spurs is suspect. Not to mention you said " you have horry to bail out duncan" in another thread, suspect. Give it up, you're not a spurs fan and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

constantstate
07-01-2005, 11:37 PM
I guess I'm a wolves fan, a rockets fan, and a Phoenix fan since giving certain players their due is not being a spurs fan. I am just telling the truth and people on here don't like to hear it. How can anybody not like the spurs.

i think duncan should practice halfcourt shots so that he can just lunge them from there when he brings the ball up court against the suns/tpups/rockets... then he'll be better than kg... cause he'll have developed a shot that kg doesnt take at all!!!! yay!!!! yay!!!

wow.

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Ginobili is a great player and Duncan is a great player. Bowen is a great defender. Are you happy now?

tophy7
07-01-2005, 11:39 PM
You're dodging my post :lol

tophy7
07-01-2005, 11:40 PM
First you say Duncan is soft and a choker now he's a great player? Backpeddling at it's finest

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 11:41 PM
I had to make a difference between Duncan and Garnett. Duncan is the second best player in the nba.

tophy7
07-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Yeah because the best player in the nba missed the playoffs with 3 all star players on his team plus a good bench in griffin/hudson and hoiberg :lol
Garnett lost.

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 11:45 PM
Yeah because the best player in the nba missed the playoffs with 3 all star players on his team plus a good bench in griffin/hudson and hoiberg :lol
Garnett lost.
Cassell was injured pretty bad and Sprewell should have never made the all star team. He is a chucker and so is Hudson. Olawakandi makes Nesterovic look like a great center. Griffin is ok but is so one dimensional and when his 3 pointers aren't going in he is worthless.

constantstate
07-01-2005, 11:50 PM
well kg is number one in my heart... my favorite part of the season was watching kg cry to john thompson on tnt... about how he "brings it" every night. charles barkley... classic commentary.

kevm2
07-02-2005, 01:41 AM
Well it didn't matter what happed with the T-wolves. KG should've hit some threes and put them in the playoffs... Right? Riiight?

Come on man, what makes Tim Duncan Tim Duncan is his dominate post presence. Why the hell would he sit around popping threes when we have guys like Manu, Horry (if he returns) and Barry for that, who are not only more skilled and have been doing it for longer, but would punish the team less by doing it. If Tim misses, who is going to grab the rebound? If Tim is sitting around the perimeter with the intent of popping threes, what does that do for Manu or Parker? Nobody is going to double Tim out near the three point line, and that's going to close up the lanes for Parker and Manu. Not only do teams not have to double Tim, they can also stick to single coverage. That's not good for the Spurs AT ALL.

JsnSA
07-02-2005, 03:31 AM
I'd like to see Tim add a chest thump....and maybe point to someone in the stands after he makes a shot.

I really think that would make him a more dominant player.

ididnotnothat
07-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Tim can add the 3 to his game but it is not necessary right now.
His inside game is where he's the best and some more strength could go far.

ambchang
07-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Ok. He was lucky but hit more 3's than Duncan would and in a big game can hit that shot is a bonus and how clutch Garnett is. I wouldn't call Duncan clutch but I would call Horry, Ginobili, and Bowen clutch.

And why would the ability to hit a 3 make a person more clutch? Duncan make the game winning shot vs. Seattle in Game 5 (or 6, forgot which one), took over in Game 7 vs. Detroit and blew the game open, took over games vs. Phoenix this year. I would say those are pretty clutch.
I wouldn't call Duncan as clutch as say Jerry West, Horry, and such, but to say that Garnett is clutch because he hit a 3 on a broken play in his 10 year career is beyond stupid.

wildbill2u
07-02-2005, 12:18 PM
A 3 point shot? I know it sounds strange, but its the only thing he hasnt really experimented with as of yet. He can already hit the mid range jumpers and has thrown in a 3 bomb at times late in the shot clock and looked pretty decent...If he could add a semi-reliable 3 point shot to his game, similar to how other PFs can do it like Dirk, Radmonovic, Rasheed, even Garnett to an extent, that would really spread the floor and give another unexpected offensive threat. maybe its a pipe dream, but it would be nice :spin

Then he could shoot his FTs from behing the arc? :rolleyes

Seriously, he needs work on his footwork if he's gonna complete the change from a face-up PF to a back-to-basket PF/C. I understand Hakeem Olajuwon gave him some tips in April and I'd like to see that relationship continued.

Maybe he'd learn to control and protect the ball while dribbling at the same time.

If he could do all that, he'd really seal his position as one of the top players of all time

wildbill2u
07-02-2005, 12:26 PM
I'd rather see him improve his FT than his 3s. FTs are FAR more important than 3s any other player from the Spurs can take.

My consolation: Timmy has been through 3 championships in spite of his FT woes...

The FTs ARE Timmy's three point shot--when he makes them. :makemyday

And more importantly, every FT means one more strike against the big men that guard him and helps to either get them out of the game entirely or simply out of THEIR game with accumulated fouls.

ambchang
07-02-2005, 12:53 PM
I had to make a difference between Duncan and Garnett. Duncan is the second best player in the nba.

Really, but in another thread "Is Duncan The Best of His Generation, you said:

The order of the best in this generation is
Shaq
Olajuwon
Malone
Garnett
Duncan
Wouldn't that make Duncan 3rd best in the NBA now? And since you speak the "truth", which one is the truth?

And whatever happend to the Malone need a 2nd and 3rd scorer argument?
Didn't you say

All Utah needed was a 3rd option or a second option because Malone was the only guy who could score big on that team. Jeff Malone? He is no great player.

But then after being shown that Malone had better scoring teammates, you switched to defenders while totally ignoring players like Stockton and Mark Eaton.

Spursdaone
07-02-2005, 04:34 PM
4 years ago and before that Shaq was clearly the best player in the game but now Shaq is getting old and Duncan is better now. Of all time I would take Shaq's best over Duncan's best.

ambchang
07-02-2005, 05:16 PM
4 years ago and before that Shaq was clearly the best player in the game but now Shaq is getting old and Duncan is better now. Of all time I would take Shaq's best over Duncan's best.

Look out behind you, you are back-peddling yourself into a deep pile of shit!

Obi wan Ginobili
07-02-2005, 05:19 PM
I've watched duncan shoot around before games probably 60-70 times over the last few years.

Sometimes he shoots 3's with coaches in contests...

The guy hits probably 30-35% of the 3 point shots that he takes from behind the arc.

Why do you think that pop draws up plays for him with 2-3 seconds left to shoot from behind the arc?

He has Rasheed's range, he just doesn't use it because that isn't his role on the team.

Spursdaone
07-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Look out behind you, you are back-peddling yourself into a deep pile of shit!
Shaq at is prime was unstoppable and no way would Duncan be considered better. Olajuwon in his prime was the 2nd best center and I would take him also over Duncan. I am not back peddling and it makes sense so take that. :lol :lol :pctoss

Trainwreck2100
07-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Duncan should learn he dreamshake. That move killed the Spurs, I would like to see it used for good instead of evil.

tophy7
07-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Maybe if Shaq added the 3 pointer to his game he still would've been dominant :lol

Spursdaone
07-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Maybe if Shaq added the 3 pointer to his game he still would've been dominant :lol
That is just plain ignorance because never did I say the reason Garnett is better than Duncan is because of that shot. Use quotes next time.

tophy7
07-02-2005, 08:44 PM

Spursdaone
07-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Another is the key word. I didn't say that was the reason alone.

constantstate
07-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Another is the key word. I didn't say that was the reason alone.
what would be "another" reason kg couldnt lead his team out of the first round of the playoffs for so long?

if you're going to sit there and debate whether kg is a better player than duncan... remind yourself that kg started out as an extremely large and raw - small forward. kg didnt have much of a post game back then. like a boxer gaining weight and losing some speed, age has moved him up to power forward. duncan hasnt had to switch spots and is a classic traditional post player. (so it might not be fair)

Spursdaone
07-02-2005, 09:02 PM
I would take the KG of the last 3 years over Duncan.

constantstate
07-02-2005, 09:05 PM
I would take the KG of the last 3 years over Duncan.
you'd be missing out on 2 championships. :lol

Spursdaone
07-02-2005, 09:07 PM
I didn't say I wanted the Minnesota team over the spurs team. :lol

ambchang
07-02-2005, 09:09 PM
Shaq at is prime was unstoppable and no way would Duncan be considered better. Olajuwon in his prime was the 2nd best center and I would take him also over Duncan. I am not back peddling and it makes sense so take that. :lol :lol :pctoss

You specifically rated Shaq over Garnett and Duncan, then went on and say Garnett is #1 and Duncan #2. I have no problem people rating Shaq at his prime over Duncan at his prime, you can make arguments both ways. Olajuwon at his prime destroyed Shaq at his prime in the finals, so how would he be #2? Who was #1 back then?

Spursdaone
07-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Shaq hit his prime in the year 2000. Olajuwon in 1995. The stats were very similar that year and Olajuwon dominated Robinson not Shaq. :lol

constantstate
07-02-2005, 09:12 PM
I didn't say I wanted the Minnesota team over the spurs team. :lol
i think duncan could have led them to the WCF more than a few times... beyond that, who knows. they would have picked people that fit around duncan. its easier to do that than it is to put people around kg. with kg, you never know what you're getting -- the me first kg, or the kg that wants to share the ball.

with tim duncan, you know he's gonna get double teamed... you know he's gonna be in the post... you know he's willing to kick it out. other people can hit shots or re-post duncan. (thats what makes him a better post player to build around)

Spursdaone
07-02-2005, 09:13 PM
i think duncan could have led them to the WCF more than a few times... beyond that, who knows. they would have picked people that fit around duncan. its easier to do that than it is to put people around kg. with kg, you never know what you're getting -- the me first kg, or the kg that wants to share the ball.
:lmao :drunk

constantstate
07-02-2005, 09:15 PM
:lmao :drunk
if you're laughing cause you're drunk... thats ok. but if you put shooters around duncan... and give him a guy like wally (before kg stopped his growth) that can slash... and you have a playoff team that can go deep into the playoffs.

if you dont know those things... you havent been watching duncan or kg.

Spursdaone
07-02-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm sorry 1 man can't carry team by himself. Even Duncan the great as everyone thinks he is as good as Shaq a few years ago.

constantstate
07-02-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm sorry 1 man can't carry team by himself. Even Duncan the great as everyone thinks he is as good as Shaq a few years ago.
read what i wrote dude. and if you're drinking... read it twice. :lol

Spursdaone
07-02-2005, 09:18 PM
if you're laughing cause you're drunk... thats ok. but if you put shooters around duncan... and give him a guy like wally (before kg stopped his growth) that can slash... and you have a playoff team that can go deep into the playoffs.

if you dont know those things... you havent been watching duncan or kg.
Wally sucks. He can't pass or play defense. He does not deserve to be an allstar. Your comments are very homerish and you are greatly underestimating the talent Duncan has on his team. They are very good without Duncan to.

constantstate
07-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Wally sucks. He can't pass or play defense. He does not deserve to be an allstar. Your comments are very homerish and you are greatly underestimating the talent Duncan has on his team. They are very good without Duncan to.
my comments are homerish? thats why a year ago, 2 years ago and for as far back as i can remember... gm's were polled and asked who you'd build a team around... and the majority picked duncan. (over an aging shaq and way ahead of kg)

you can build pretty easily around a solid bigman like duncan, moreso than kg. and yes, wally isnt exactly first team all defense... but i doubt duncan would punch him in the face if he asked for shots. (like kg did back in the day)

Spursdaone
07-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Well it is easy to blame a superstar if their team isn't winning. Things would change dramatically for Garnett if he was on a good team. I don't listen to the so called experts. I watch the games and see the stats and that is how I look at it. You also ignore how much Garnett would be better if he was on a good team. His stats would be even higher. Especially shooting.

constantstate
07-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Well it is easy to blame a superstar if their team isn't winning. Things would change dramatically for Garnett if he was on a good team. I don't listen to the so called experts. I watch the games and see the stats and that is how I look at it. You also ignore how much Garnett would be better if he was on a good team. His stats would be even higher. Especially shooting.

you obviously dont listen to experts... and if you just look at stats, you're crazy... allen iverson would win the championship every year then.

superstars are supposed to make their teams good/great, not the other way around. even and oldassin shaq went to miami and made it to the ECF. thats because you know what you're getting with shaq too. (just like duncan) he's gonna get double teamed in the post, and he's gonna score, get fouled, or pass. (yeah he passes it back out) thats how he's won a few championships himself.

you dont think shaq a few years ago could have taken the t-pups to the WCF at least once?

Spursdaone
07-02-2005, 09:34 PM
I look at percentages and I watch how badly Minnesota plays when Garnett is off the floor. Iverson doesn't shoot a high percentage. When I look at stats I look at points and percentages of each category.

constantstate
07-02-2005, 09:37 PM
I look at percentages and I watch how badly Minnesota plays when Garnett is off the floor. Iverson doesn't shoot a high percentage. When I look at stats I look at points and percentages of each category.
well good luck with that...

Spursdaone
07-02-2005, 09:45 PM
I don't think stats tell the whole story but it is amazing how well Garnett plays on a selfish team that looks for the first shot available. Garnett would average about 26 points a game on San Antonio and they would be world champions with him to. Do it. Trade Duncan :lol

TDfan2007
07-03-2005, 03:25 PM
For Spursdaone:

Before the 2004-2005 season every GM in the NBA was asked who they thought the best power forward in the NBA is. Tim got 66% of the vote to KG's 30%.

And trust me, They know a lot more about basketball than you.

TDfan2007
07-03-2005, 03:27 PM

That's why when Tim was out this season the Spurs were blown out by the Knicks and destroyed by the Mavs.

GrandeDavid
07-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Tim needs to become a much better free throw shooter before attempting what for him would be "trick shots" in three pointers. Sure, at practice he can hit some and might hit a few during tight shot clock situations. But there's no reason for him to try implementing three pointers into his game.

Timoha
07-03-2005, 03:49 PM
No reason for Tim to be launching 3s. Manu, Bruce, Berry, Beno and Horry are all pretty good 3 pt shooters (knock on wood.) Tim should be playong close to the basket where he's much more effective. Where he has a much higher percentage shot or can get the rebound.

ambchang
07-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Shaq hit his prime in the year 2000. Olajuwon in 1995. The stats were very similar that year and Olajuwon dominated Robinson not Shaq. :lol

Shaq averaged 29.3/11.4/2.42 in 95
Shaq averaged 29.7/13.6/3.03 in 00
Not that much of a difference.
Hakeem averaged 35ppg vs. the Spurs with Robinson singled him. Averaged 33ppg with Shaq and Grant doubling him.
Oh wait, facts are not part of your arguments.

ambchang
07-03-2005, 04:18 PM
well good luck with that...
He also see Garnett making imaginary 3's to win games for the Wolves as well, how Garnett is a 3pt threat to draw defenders towards him when all he did was saved a broken play by tossing in a 3pter at the end of a shot clock.
Guy, he has no arguments, when he ran out of stats, he will use the "I speak the truth" argument.

ambchang
07-03-2005, 04:21 PM
I don't think stats tell the whole story but it is amazing how well Garnett plays on a selfish team that looks for the first shot available. Garnett would average about 26 points a game on San Antonio and they would be world champions with him to. Do it. Trade Duncan :lol
So says the prophet of a parallel universe.
If Duncan plays on the Wolves, he would average 85ppg, 45 rpg, 16 assists per game, along with 15 blocks and 11 steals, shooting 92% from the field, and 70% from the line. The team will go 82-0 in the regular season and 16-0 in the playoffs.
I know this because some guy told that to me in a dream.

Spursdaone
07-03-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm saying Minnesota is too selfish to give the ball to Garnett enough. They are always looking for their shots first. Garnett has to be pissed when they play that way. They are much better when Garnett gets more involved. San Antonio would not allow Duncan to be overlooked and therefore Garnett would be better in San Antonio. :lol

Spursdaone
07-03-2005, 04:38 PM
He also see Garnett making imaginary 3's to win games for the Wolves as well, how Garnett is a 3pt threat to draw defenders towards him when all he did was saved a broken play by tossing in a 3pter at the end of a shot clock.
Guy, he has no arguments, when he ran out of stats, he will use the "I speak the truth" argument.
Your making up shit to try to get people to think different of me. I said 1 game Garnett hit a winning 3. Use quotes next time before you make shit up.

ambchang
07-03-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm saying Minnesota is too selfish to give the ball to Garnett enough. They are always looking for their shots first. Garnett has to be pissed when they play that way. They are much better when Garnett gets more involved. San Antonio would not allow Duncan to be overlooked and therefore Garnett would be better in San Antonio. :lol
I agree Garnett would make an excellent complimentary player, second fiddle if you will.

Spursdaone
07-03-2005, 04:42 PM
I agree Garnett would make an excellent complimentary player, second fiddle if you will.
San Antonio was never a high scoring team around Duncan but had the perfect players in Ginobili and Parker. Could you imagine if Garnett who has had high scoring teams along with the defense of Bowen and Ginobili. 70+ wins next year.

ambchang
07-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Your making up shit to try to get people to think different of me. I said 1 game Garnett hit a winning 3. Use quotes next time before you make shit up.

Me "making up shit"? It was in this very thread, post #63, that you said

and now you are going back to one 3 after I told you Garnett never made more than one 3 in the series?
Lack of research and talking out of your behind got you into this mess, lying and attacks on my character is not going to get you out of this.
BTW, how do you like them quotes?

Spursdaone
07-03-2005, 04:49 PM
I didn't say how many 3's but I was trying to make a point that nothing to do with Garnett being a 3 point specialist. I was saying he is capable of hitting a 3 late in the game and I should've made it singular and not plural.

ambchang
07-03-2005, 04:50 PM
San Antonio was never a high scoring team around Duncan but had the perfect players in Ginobili and Parker. Could you imagine if Garnett who has had high scoring teams along with the defense of Bowen and Ginobili. 70+ wins next year.

Yes, if Garnett was added to the Spurs and play a complimentary role to Duncan, I can see this team winning 70+. But team chemistry issues may arise, and it is no guarantee. In other words, on paper, the team can win 70+ games, but then on paper, the 2004 Lakers could have done that and won the championship, but never did.

ambchang
07-03-2005, 04:51 PM
I didn't say how many 3's but I was trying to make a point that nothing to do with Garnett being a 3 point specialist. I was saying he is capable of hitting a 3 late in the game and I should've made it singular and not plural.
Should have but didn't. I am glad that you admitted to posting crap you can't back up.

Spursdaone
07-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Yes, if Garnett was added to the Spurs and play a complimentary role to Duncan, I can see this team winning 70+. But team chemistry issues may arise, and it is no guarantee. In other words, on paper, the team can win 70+ games, but then on paper, the 2004 Lakers could have done that and won the championship, but never did.
I was joking about that 70+ wins but of course you wouldn't get it.

Spursdaone
07-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Should have but didn't. I am glad that you admitted to posting crap you can't back up.
It's funny how one mistake I made and all of a sudden I post crap. My memory got the best of me but I remember Garnett during the season hitting 3's late in games. It didn't happen as much last year but you get my point. I don't keep track of 82 games but I am sure he has done it more than once.

ambchang
07-03-2005, 05:00 PM
It's funny how one mistake I made and all of a sudden I post crap. My memory got the best of me but I remember Garnett during the season hitting 3's late in games. It didn't happen as much last year but you get my point. I don't keep track of 82 games but I am sure he has done it more than once.

Now it's during the season? and you have to ask me why I claim you post crap? Backpeddling is just going to get you in worse shape.
And what about malone having less 2nd and 3rd options around him than Duncan? Constantly changing the criteria of a winning team to belittle the accomplishments of Duncan.
First starting off by saying Duncan got better scoring teammates than Malone, then went on the say Duncan got better defenders around him, then went on to say he got better one-on-one perimeter defenders like Bowen and Ginobili.
You also never answered my question as to how can Bowen make the 1st defensive NBA when the NBA look at stats for defense and that Stockton is an overrated defender as a result.. (I also find it ironic how later on you said you look at stats to determine the value of a player)

Spursdaone
07-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Here is the answer to how you slanted my answers by exaggerating or leaving out something I said. :flipoff My points all made sense if you went back for the answers. Duncan has better teammates than Malone and Garnett. Malone had good teammates but not as good as Duncan and Garnett had 1 year of good teammates but now they are old and injured.

TheTruth
07-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Damn, I don't think people like you Spursdaone.

Spursdaone
07-03-2005, 05:18 PM
I am not here to make friends but to say how I feel about the nba players without getting influenced by other people. I feel Garnett is better. It is very close but I would give the edge to Garnett.

ambchang
07-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Here is the answer to how you slanted my answers by exaggerating or leaving out something I said. :flipoff My points all made sense if you went back for the answers. Duncan has better teammates than Malone and Garnett. Malone had good teammates but not as good as Duncan and Garnett had 1 year of good teammates but now they are old and injured.

Wooooo! Getting testy now. You play with fire you gonna get burned. If you come in a troll around, you expect to get your ass handed to you on a silver platter.
Where did I leave you posts out, when I quote you, I quote whole paragraphs, sentences, and in most cases, whole posts.
How could Garnett, with all-star Sprewell, Cassell and Wally, have better teammates than Duncan, who only had ONE all-star teammate during the 3 title runs (none in 99 and 03, one in 05). How Malone had worse teammates when his sidekick (you could argue Malone is Stockton's sidekick) is John Stockton, the NBA all time assists and steals leader?
The best teammate Duncan had in 99 was an aging David Robinson. And as much as I love David Robinson, he clearly lost a step in that year.
His best teammate in 03 was either an even older and less effective Robinson, or a rookie point guard from France.
In 05, his best sidekick was Ginobili, a first time all star, who averaged 16 ppg in the regular season, and his 20.8 points in the playoffs shoved him in the spotlight.
How are ANY of these players better than Stockton? And even though you can make an argument Manu was better than Sprewell, Sczerbiak and Cassell, how can you argue the 99, and particularly 03 season?
The fact is Duncan made his teammates better, and carried the team on his shoulders to 3 championships, where Garnett and Malone, despite having good teammates, was never able to earn their trust and lead by example in terms of team basketball to earn any championships.

Spursdaone
07-03-2005, 05:25 PM
So Robinson was old and sucked and Ginobili is no star while Stockton is the greatest player ever. Good points. I hope you write a book about the all star team of Minnesota getting to the western conference despite Garnett. Here is a taste of your own medicine.

Spursdaone
07-03-2005, 05:29 PM
I also enjoy having fights since it is a long summer before basketball starts and nothing better to do than argue with fans.

ambchang
07-03-2005, 06:12 PM
So Robinson was old and sucked and Ginobili is no star while Stockton is the greatest player ever. Good points. I hope you write a book about the all star team of Minnesota getting to the western conference despite Garnett. Here is a taste of your own medicine.

Where have I said Robinson sucked and Ginobili is no star? Where did I say Stockton is the greatest player ever (although he is one of them)?
And what tastes of what medicine? Quote me on it, go ahead, quote me.
You said Duncan had better teammates than Garnett and Malone, and you NEVER backed it up, not once.

TheTruth
07-03-2005, 06:33 PM
When Garnett hits his first big shot in the Finals give me a call.

TDfan2007
07-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Kori please close this thread.

Spursdaone
07-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Where have I said Robinson sucked and Ginobili is no star? Where did I say Stockton is the greatest player ever (although he is one of them)?
And what tastes of what medicine? Quote me on it, go ahead, quote me.
You said Duncan had better teammates than Garnett and Malone, and you NEVER backed it up, not once.
I'll give credit to Duncan that he took advantage of having good teammates and a coach who is great. I doubt Flip could do as well as Pop. You don't know how good Garnett could be if the chemistry was right. An example is early on in Jordan's career where he couldn't take his team that far but he dominated statistically. Later on in his career he had the right chemistry at its prime and he won 6 championships. I feel Garnett has a team that has talent but no chemistry and that has to be considered. This is not a knock on Duncan but how great Garnett can be on the right team.

ambchang
07-04-2005, 07:52 AM
I'll give credit to Duncan that he took advantage of having good teammates and a coach who is great. I doubt Flip could do as well as Pop. You don't know how good Garnett could be if the chemistry was right. An example is early on in Jordan's career where he couldn't take his team that far but he dominated statistically. Later on in his career he had the right chemistry at its prime and he won 6 championships. I feel Garnett has a team that has talent but no chemistry and that has to be considered. This is not a knock on Duncan but how great Garnett can be on the right team.

You are right, I don't know how well Garnett would do in the Spurs system, and neither could you. "What you feel" is not a valid argument, because I can't use your imagination and go on trajectory about how good Garnett COULD be if certain things happen, and if I use the same line of thought, I could say that if Duncan was scientist, he could have invented cure for cancer and AIDS all in the same week, but there is absolutely NOTHING to back up that claim.
I find it amusing how you put Garnett in an imaginary world and proclaim that he is better than Duncan because of that, while ignoring what actually happened in the real world.
The fact is Garnett never won anything with all-star teammates around him, and a valid argument could be made that he couldn't make his teammates good enough to win a championship.
For the rest of the posters here, I apologize for hogging space, but I can't stand ignorance and trolls posting as Spurs fans.

smeagol
07-04-2005, 07:58 AM
No TD can't add more to his game. He has peaked, just like Manu.

Sincerily, ducks