PDA

View Full Version : any news on teams looking at big dog?

ducks
07-01-2005, 03:51 PM
:smokin

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2005, 03:55 PM
The silence so far leads me to believe that he isn't going to see a lot of $ thrown his way this summer. What happened in Philly is bound to be of some concern. He hasn't played a full season in two years. He isn't young for a perimeter player (32).

I don't believe that a 10 game regular season stint along with not seeing much action in the playoffs is really going to help his free agent stock.

All the more better for the Spurs. For them, he'd be awesome to have on the bench.

ducks
07-01-2005, 04:06 PM
if spurs can not get the buyout with scola done
would you offer most of the mle to big dog?

CosmicCowboy
07-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Big Dog with a full training camp and season will get some run with the Spurs this next season assuming they can get him resigned at a reasonable price...just because he was on the bench this year doesn't mean the Spurs don't have plans for him...he's got the best mid range jump shot on the team and could definitely get some great looks in our offense and as a zone buster...

wildbill2u
07-01-2005, 07:56 PM
If we lose Horry, we'll have some money. He wouldn't be the perfect replacement but he probably still has some bite to go with the Big Dog's bark.

Mr. Body
07-01-2005, 08:00 PM
I almost thought the Spurs were burying him on the bench during the Finals for a purpose.

Really, though, it's only been about a day or so for the free agency period. This year is particularly heavy with older, established players that might have a little juice in the tank. This has been upped by the Allan Houston rule, which will add Finley to the lists (along with Houston). Gary Payton, et al, are available, along with Antoine Walker.

Consequently there will be a lot of chips to fall before Glenn Robinson gets any calls. He might not get any, but then I could see a team like Cleveland give him a shot for scoring punch.

But I'll hang on to my dream of giving him 15-20 minutes a game next year, working within the system to get him shots.

thekingrobert
07-01-2005, 08:02 PM
because his age hes not top on ppls list but after the bigger names go jj, allen, redd, etc big dog will make his appearance known

benjirh
07-01-2005, 08:29 PM
If we lose Horry, we'll have some money. He wouldn't be the perfect replacement but he probably still has some bite to go with the Big Dog's bark.

We are far enough over the cap, that it doesn't matter if horry leaves we won't be able to offer him and scola money unless their splitting the mle.

2centsworth
07-01-2005, 08:51 PM
if spurs can not get the buyout with scola done
would you offer most of the mle to big dog?

why when you can get him for the vets min? Guy will not have many opportunities, spurs fans like him a lot more than most of the GM's in the league.

Mr. Body
07-02-2005, 01:16 AM
An outside motivation for him might be to show that he didn't just coattail for a championship; he might like to be an important cog for a second one.

Who knows.