PDA

View Full Version : Lakers stinking it up

Embedded
01-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Lakers 2013 Team Salary $100,193,809 currently ranked 21st in NBA standings. Spurs $69,318,690 currently ranked 2nd. Laker management looks really bad on this one.

NickiRasgo
01-25-2013, 12:58 PM
What's worse is they might end being a lottery bound team (though I doubt it) without a pick and D12 won't re-sign.

tenbeersbold
01-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Sure the lakeshow is pathetic but the salary numbers are in their favor by far

LA market can and will carry that kinda payroll and still make a killing

Spurs at the lux tax line is dodgy given the far weaker fan support/small market realities

Spurs are a dynasty w/o a hometown crowd motivated/populated enough to get behind them.

Just check the prices on Stubhub for regular season games @ home Lakers vs Spurs to get a real clue to how little fan support there is for our Spurs.

Man if I lived anywhere near SA I'd be at every home game,no excuse not to at those SH prices,nosebleed or not

Juggity
01-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Man if I lived anywhere near SA I'd be at every home game,no excuse not to at those SH prices,nosebleed or not

Maybe if they'd built the AT&T center in a part of town that wasn't shit, it would be more appealing to go there :lol

Richie
01-25-2013, 02:36 PM

Spurs at the lux tax line is dodgy given the far weaker fan support/small market realities

Spurs are a dynasty w/o a hometown crowd motivated/populated enough to get behind them.

Just check the prices on Stubhub for regular season games @ home Lakers vs Spurs to get a real clue to how little fan support there is for our Spurs.

This season they can. Going forward? I'm not so sure.

This year $100m pay roll means $30m luxury tax. Next season, that goes up to nearer $95m. Even the Lakers can't afford to pay $195m for this kind of season.

Kool Bob Love
01-25-2013, 02:58 PM

Nobody wants to pay money to see that shit laker team.

I went to the recent Spurs-Grizz game and it was pack!

TampaDude
01-25-2013, 03:47 PM
I think Jack Nicholson switched to the Clips last week. :p:

HI-FI
01-25-2013, 04:04 PM
This season they can. Going forward? I'm not so sure.

This year $100m pay roll means $30m luxury tax. Next season, that goes up to nearer $95m. Even the Lakers can't afford to pay $195m for this kind of season.
good point, i've been saying this for awhile now as well. sure they do receive about $150 million a year from their cable deal IIRC, but nobody likes to burn cash and that is what they are doing at this point. those new luxury tax penalties will start to hit their bottom line, and if they continue to put out a team of overrated garbage, that will hurt them even more.

I'm not an optimist but I actually do feel that from this point on, really tough luxury taxes are here to stay. If you look at the hard cap in the NFL, you see it does help teams have a chance.

Obstructed_View
01-25-2013, 04:52 PM
If the Lakers miss the playoffs they get a top three pick. Stacked ping pong balls. Calling it now.

Mel_13
01-25-2013, 04:54 PM
If the Lakers miss the playoffs they get a top three pick. Stacked ping pong balls. Calling it now.

The Suns get any Laker lottery pick.

Richie
01-25-2013, 05:16 PM
good point, i've been saying this for awhile now as well. sure they do receive about $150 million a year from their cable deal IIRC, but nobody likes to burn cash and that is what they are doing at this point. those new luxury tax penalties will start to hit their bottom line, and if they continue to put out a team of overrated garbage, that will hurt them even more.

I'm not an optimist but I actually do feel that from this point on, really tough luxury taxes are here to stay. If you look at the hard cap in the NFL, you see it does help teams have a chance.

This doesn't even include the repeater tax, which will be due the year after next. $100m next year costs $135m, $100m the year after will cost them $165m

Obstructed_View
01-25-2013, 05:19 PM
The Suns get any Laker lottery pick.

You just made my fucking day.

Spur|n|Austin
01-25-2013, 05:26 PM
Maybe if they'd built the AT&T center in a part of town that wasn't shit, it would be more appealing to go there :lol

I get what you mean about it being in a shit part of town; but where else were they going to build it? Their idea was to revamp that area, but I blame the city for not making any attempt to revamp it, really I don't see how they could anyways, all it is is industrial real estate mixed with barrios.

will_spurs
01-25-2013, 05:31 PM
You just made my fucking day.

It made my day too when Mel13 first spotted this :)

Southwest Texas Fan
01-25-2013, 07:24 PM

Is it a deep draft this year?

BackHome
01-26-2013, 12:51 AM
Yes

Obstructed_View
01-26-2013, 06:46 AM
Is it a deep draft this year?

I really really hope so.

exstatic
01-26-2013, 07:11 AM

They sent their pick to Phoenix. Arrogant fucks didn't lottery protect it. :lol

Obstructed_View
01-26-2013, 07:31 AM
They sent their pick to Phoenix. Arrogant fucks didn't lottery protect it. :lol

Yep. Someone mentined it earlier in the thread. How awesome is that?