PDA

View Full Version : Did Blair increase his trade stock tonight?

SpurPadre
01-26-2013, 12:55 AM
22 points in 19 minutes of action. Do you guys think he played this well because he wants to showcase himself to the rest of the league? If so, he continues to impress this way, will it be enough to net the extra big we truly need or would it still take a package deal involving others to get that player?

spurs1990
01-26-2013, 12:58 AM
I'd say so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Diyf0wasolQ

td4mvp2k
01-26-2013, 12:58 AM
Trade him!

playblair
01-26-2013, 01:02 AM
no trade happening/needed blair has proven to be the big spurs need .................

Sean Cagney
His stock may have increased, might have been the game he needed here to help that.

DrunkTXLabrat
i think he did, man i hope they trade him to houston for white.

capek
couldn't have hurt, considered where it was prior to the game ie in the toilet

timvp
01-26-2013, 01:06 AM

http://www.spurstalk.com/not-sure-if-serious-camel.jpg

blkroadrunners
01-26-2013, 01:07 AM

:nope

SpurPadre
01-26-2013, 01:11 AM

THAT headcase? No fucking way. The team would rather go after Josh Smith but since that guy is a knucklehead, that wouldn't happen any ways.

td4mvp2k
01-26-2013, 01:33 AM
i think he did, man i hope they trade him to houston for white.if he can get on a jet why not

SpurPadre
01-26-2013, 01:45 AM
if he can get on a jet why not

He's a risk to miss a Game 7 because of his anxiety issues. No way any team should risk a nutjob like that.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-26-2013, 01:47 AM
i put a post that breaks down my logic in that boris vs bonner thread. basically it says why not add another guy like diaw. he's young. he's gonna get his head on straight eventually. if he does it in san antonio and all it costs is blair and maybe a pick. shoot we should jump on that deal. he's full of potential, and he's a steal. that has spurs written all over it.

td4mvp2k
01-26-2013, 01:55 AM
He's a risk to miss a Game 7 because of his anxiety issues. No way any team should risk a nutjob like that.

Artest was and he won the NBA finals

baseline bum
01-26-2013, 02:00 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/not-sure-if-serious-camel.jpg

If you had to guarantee a roster spot and a contract to either Royce or Vesely, who do you take?

DrunkTXLabrat
01-26-2013, 02:08 AM
i read a book called first rate madness by nassir ghaemi. it speculates about how lots a great people like lincoln, mlk, ted turner, churchill, etc all achieved their greatness through and in large part due to their mental instability. it supposes the insane are able to handle high pressure situations well, because their minds live in a constant pressure cooked state. it might be kinda silly to compare a championship caliber nba player to people like that. but reading that artest won the finals comment brings that book to mind.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-26-2013, 02:19 AM
i'd take royce, i don't know much about vesely. i will say i traded for vesely a lot in 2k franchises, last year. his abilities were well rounded and his potential was pretty high. i'd rather not see a wizard come to town unless we could dump blair 1st for vesely 2nd 2nd. i'd say royce could be aquired for something like blair 2nd/ royce or blair 1st/ royce 2nd.

capek
01-26-2013, 02:27 AM
Artest was and he won the NBA finals

Completely superfluous comparison. You fail in spectacular fashion. Not all kinds of nutjobs are equal. White is a cancer and has no business being in the league at this point, and possibly ever if he doesn't change BIG TIME.

Splits
01-26-2013, 02:34 AM
Kupchak called, he's now interested in that Blair, Bonner, Neal, Jackson package...

timvp
01-26-2013, 02:35 AM
If you had to guarantee a roster spot and a contract to either Royce or Vesely, who do you take?

Damn, that's tough.

I guess Vesely since I don't think White ever plays a meaningful minute in the NBA. I think he's actively trying to become a martyr. And even if White does tease, I can't imagine the playoffs would be a good environment for someone with anxiety or the jitters or whatever he calls it.

Drom John
01-26-2013, 10:31 AM
timvp:
Cease and desist using a dromedary to use the "not sure if serious" cliche.

So says, Drom (short for Dromedary) John.

For current value, Blair should be wanted. But his knees weaken his future value. Maybe a team struggling to make the playoffs this year might offer a second rounder or two. But since Blair is outplaying Jackson, why trade Blair?

td4mvp2k
01-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Completely superfluous comparison. You fail in spectacular fashion. Not all kinds of nutjobs are equal. White is a cancer and has no business being in the league at this point, and possibly ever if he doesn't change BIG TIME.
Ya cuz MWP hasnt been a cancer to a team before... :lol

bigfan
01-26-2013, 10:49 AM
If Blair can play like he did last night, why trade him at all?

elemento
01-26-2013, 10:52 AM
lol @ WhiteCan you imagine Pop telling him to do something and White denying it because it goes against the protocol. I would pay to see Pop's face. I wouldn't want that clown for pure cap space. He is a cancer that uses his mental issues to get what he wants. It was like this in high school and college.

SenorSpur
01-26-2013, 11:26 AM
I'd agree with others in that Blair's performance against the Mavs did help his trade stock. The problem is getting an idea of just what Blair's real value is. Vessly would be a nice piece if the Blizzards were willing to deal him. If nothing else, Vessly would have a far better chance of flourishing in the Spurs system than where he is now. I wouldn't touch Royce White with a 10-ft cattle prod.

FireMicoHalili
01-26-2013, 11:47 AM
for some of you who haven't seen this, this is a PtR article discussing ways Blair could be traded: http://www.poundingtherock.com/2013/1/21/3897140/spurs-trade-nba-deadline-dejuan-blair-aron-baynes-matt-bonner

FireMicoHalili
01-26-2013, 11:49 AM
If Blair can play like he did last night, why trade him at all?
I've only seen him work well in PnR sets with Manu. Lounges around the paint like Splitter. A bad fit with Duncan, too. Can play decent offensively but opposing power forwards score on him with relative ease. Think last year (or last last year), when he went up against Nowitzki.