PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: props to Kobe tonight for playing basketball like a real man

BRHornet45
01-26-2013, 01:46 AM
see what happens when you don't have to be front and center all the time and chuck the ball 25+ times hurting your team dumb dumb? you were a damn strong role player with a +15, took 10 great shots, passed the ball instead of being selfish, and only turned the ball over 3 times compared to your usual 5 or 6. good job.

lefty
01-26-2013, 02:01 AM
http://thebestten.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/scottie-pippen.jpg

lefty
01-26-2013, 02:04 AM
He even looks like him tbh

http://thewellversed.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Scottie-Pippen.jpghttp://bigtu.eastday.com/img/201102/20/19/2707831528628050291.jpg

http://spotlightauthentics.com/kobe-bryant-signed-ball-autographed-basketball-1.jpg

whitemamba
01-26-2013, 02:14 AM
havent seen kobe play with that pass first mentality in a while.. then again guys miss shots sometimes

Thebesteva
01-26-2013, 02:18 AM
It's ridiculous man, after seeing how he's just 1\4th the player he was last season, the sole purpose of getting Nash\Howard was to have Kobe take a more of a role player position. I can't believe this guy was talking about "my team" in the off season. I knew we were fucked then

TrainOfThought5
01-26-2013, 02:50 AM
It's ridiculous man, after seeing how he's just 1\4th the player he was last season, the sole purpose of getting Nash\Howard was to have Kobe take a more of a role player position. I can't believe this guy was talking about "my team" in the off season. I knew we were fucked then

Its a little worrying to be honest. Kobe has the potential to be the best role player of all time. hopefully he wont realize the offense is better off going through the All star bigmen and HOF steve Nash.

Thebesteva
01-26-2013, 02:56 AM
Its a little worrying to be honest. Kobe has the potential to be the best role player of all time. hopefully he wont realize the offense is better off going through the All star bigmen and HOF steve Nash.

Kobe is a legend wether you hate him or not, he's no role player. He just has fully indulged ever since the 5th ring and thinks he can do what he wants now. Which is why he wont ever get to 6....5 is still more than Duncan tho TBH and much more than any other superstar from his generation.

TrainOfThought5
01-26-2013, 03:04 AM
Kobe is a legend wether you hate him or not, he's no role player. He just has fully indulged ever since the 5th ring and thinks he can do what he wants now. Which is why he wont ever get to 6....5 is still more than Duncan tho TBH and much more than any other superstar from his generation.

Kobe's been a great role player for Shaq, and a Top Notch Robin for Gasol, as evidenced by his 2 finals MVPs, that Gasol was nice enough to let him have, reminds me of the one Tim Duncan gave Parker in 07. :toast also historically noted is Kobe's complete inability to carry his team to playoffs without SIGNIFICANT help. Kobe is more a cautionary tale about married black men fucking white girls, than an NBA legend, tbh.

Thebesteva
01-26-2013, 03:10 AM
Kobe's been a great role player for Shaq, and a Top Notch Robin for Gasol, as evidenced by his 2 finals MVPs, that Gasol was nice enough to let him have, reminds me of the one Tim Duncan gave Parker in 07. :toast also historically noted is Kobe's complete inability to carry his team to playoffs without SIGNIFICANT help. Kobe is more a cautionary tale about married black men fucking white girls, than an NBA legend, tbh.

:lmao Yeah, he didnt carry Smush Parker\Walton\Kwame Brown to the playoffs back 2 back years and take the suns to 7 single handily

TrainOfThought5
01-26-2013, 03:13 AM
:lmao Yeah, he didnt carry Smush Parker\Walton\Kwame Brown to the playoffs back 2 back years and take the suns to 7 single handily

Lebron did more with less in Cleveland, tbh, but Lebron > Kobe as a real superstar so I guess thats to be expected. :wakeup

Thebesteva
01-26-2013, 03:18 AM
Lebron did more with less in Cleveland, tbh, but Lebron > Kobe as a real superstar so I guess thats to be expected. :wakeup

I dunno man, all I know is this. Kobe is the player EVERYONE hates around the NBA outside of Lakers fans. There's a reason for that...same reason I despise Tom Brady. He beats my teams ass year after year. It makes me so happy to see him lose, even though I know he's a legend.

I think Kobe has been a bit exposed this season, but you have to consider he was compared to Iverson\Tracy McGrady\Vince Carter\Dwyane Wade\Lebron and he has managed to win more than those guys and let's not forget....Lebron is in his prime now as Kobe is all but done. You know at one point every athlete gets old and some young buck makes him look bad. It's the way of life, Kobe did the same to Jordan at the end of his career, but that doesn't mean he's greater than Jordan.

TrainOfThought5
01-26-2013, 03:22 AM
I dunno man, all I know is this. Kobe is the player EVERYONE hates around the NBA outside of Lakers fans. There's a reason for that...same reason I despise Tom Brady. He beats my teams ass year after year. It makes me so happy to see him lose, even though I know he's a legend.

I think Kobe has been a bit exposed this season, but you have to consider he was compared to Iverson\Tracy McGrady\Vince Carter\Dwyane Wade\Lebron and he has managed to win more than those guys and let's not forget....Lebron is in his prime now as Kobe is all but done. You know at one point every athlete gets old and some young buck makes him look bad. It's the way of life, Kobe did the same to Jordan at the end of his career, but that doesn't mean he's greater than Jordan.

hes consistently had better teams than all of those players. Kobe = Tmac, everything being equal. a really really good #2 guy.

Thebesteva
01-26-2013, 03:25 AM
hes consistently had better teams than all of those players. Kobe = Tmac, everything being equal. a really really good #2 guy.

Not sure if troll or SRS, cmon now, I understand the Kobe hate, he's a selfish player. But saying he's Tmac is retarded. T-mac couldnt pass the first freaking round with Yao Ming. You know if Kobe had Yao what would have happened...oh yeah but if he had Yao people would say but but he had Yao Ming. Obviously it's a TEAM game. Let's not pretend Duncan didn't have the likes of Robinson, Parker, Ginobli and phenomenal role players throughout his career.

ElNono
01-26-2013, 03:41 AM

:lol that 121-125 record without Shaq or Gasol... that's superstar material?

Here catch up a bit:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189727

Glorified Allen Iverson is the greatest coattailer of his generation. Now he's trying to live off more foodstamps from Dwight... the story of his career, tbh

TrainOfThought5
01-26-2013, 03:48 AM

Here catch up a bit:

Glorified Allen Iverson is the greatest coattailer of his generation. Now he's trying to live off more foodstamps from Dwight... the story of his career, tbh

Lakersarethebesteva bro the numbers dont lie. history doesnt lie. and the historical glasses, with contextual lenses give the clearest picture to be honest.

Thebesteva
01-26-2013, 03:52 AM

Here catch up a bit:

LOL Glorified Iverson...how many rings did he end up with?

ElNono
01-26-2013, 03:58 AM

As many as Kirby as the 'team leader', tbh... at least Iverson carried his team to the finals instead of 1st round exits or missing the playoffs entirely...

No need to get worked up about it, it's just the facts.

Thebesteva
01-26-2013, 04:04 AM
As many as Kirby as the 'team leader', tbh... at least Iverson carried his team to the finals instead of 1st round exits or missing the playoffs entirely...

No need to get worked up about it, it's just the facts.

Yeah, let's just ignore the 7 trips to the finals 5\7 championships. He missed the playoffs therefore nothing counts. Like Magic did it all by himself in the 80's right?

ElNono
01-26-2013, 04:14 AM
Yeah, let's just ignore the 7 trips to the finals 5\7 championships. He missed the playoffs therefore nothing counts. Like Magic did it all by himself in the 80's right?

Horry had 7 trips to the Finals and 7 rings too... Fish has one more Finals appearances and 5 ships too...

When you're coattailing better talent, it's not that complicated, tbh.

When he was handed the keys to the kingdom, bam, missed the playoffs, first round exits...

And I don't hate Kobe, so don't even go there. He's clearly one of the better #2 this side of Pippen, tbh.

Thebesteva
01-26-2013, 04:26 AM
Horry had 7 trips to the Finals and 7 rings too... Fish has one more Finals appearances and 5 ships too...

When you're coattailing better talent, it's not that complicated, tbh.

When he was handed the keys to the kingdom, bam, missed the playoffs, first round exits...

And I don't hate Kobe, so don't even go there. He's clearly one of the better #2 this side of Pippen, tbh.

LOL obvious troll, in 2008 with a bum Bynum, with an all star Odom, and nearly no one else on that team the Lakers got Gasol and magically made it to the finals. You're seriously overestimating how great Pau Gasol really is.

Thebesteva
01-26-2013, 04:33 AM
LOL obvious troll, in 2008 with a bum Bynum, with an all star Odom, and nearly no one else on that team the Lakers got Gasol and magically made it to the finals. You're seriously overestimating how great Pau Gasol really is.

Oh my bad, Kobe had Crittenton, Ira Newble that year

FkLA
01-26-2013, 04:33 AM
14 assists holy shit is that his career high :wow

whitemamba
01-26-2013, 04:38 AM
14 assists holy shit is that his career high :wow

15 in 2002:toast

KaiRMD1
01-26-2013, 04:45 AM
Kobe's unselfish play will not last more than one game.

D12
01-26-2013, 05:26 AM
15 in 2002:toast
My boi Kobe got the message imho. Look out, we back.

Bynumite
01-26-2013, 09:37 AM

Sup man, you're getting trolled big time. Don't even bother, this is everything you need to know on this forum:

Kobe 5 > TOSB Duncan 4 :lol

TOSB = Tired Old Shit Bag = Duncan status

Koolaid_Man
01-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Sup man, you're getting trolled big time. Don't even bother, this is everything you need to know on this forum:

:lol that's it and that's all....

ohhh I forgot one thing..and this: :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQxgHgRh95Y

dunkman
01-26-2013, 10:19 AM

Duncan didn't cry to be traded to the Lakers the draft night, though. He was always confident in his skills, rang before Kobe, was close last season, and looks closer this season to 5 then Kobe to 6. And the Spurs can't sign players like Howard, Nash or Jamison in one off-season.

dunkman
01-26-2013, 10:42 AM

Magic transformed the Lakers to become what are they now. Since the Minny days, the Lakers were a perennial loser franchise.

Brunodf
01-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Holy shit 14 assits, if Kobe finally realized that his team is the most talented in the world, the Lakers could be dangerous.

Koolaid_Man
01-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Holy shit 14 assits, if Kobe finally realized that his team is the most talented in the world, the Lakers could be dangerous.

hello Mr. Dick face...news flash...Kobe has always passed and been a willing passer..his teammates have never really made their shots...because when they get a pass from Kobe they get nervous because of the pressure he puts on them and it causes them to miss...that's not his fault...in fact Kobe is I think 48 NBA ALL-TIME in assists and he's a shooting guard...that tells me he's selfless and caring

Brunodf
01-26-2013, 11:14 AM
hello Mr. Dick face...news flash...Kobe has always passed and been a willing passer..his teammates have never really made their shots...because when they get a pass from Kobe they get nervous because of the pressure he puts on them and it causes them to miss...that's not his fault...in fact Kobe is I think 48 NBA ALL-TIME in assists and he's a shooting guard...that tells me he's selfless and caring

:lmao

ElNono
01-26-2013, 12:34 PM

Why do you keep dodging when your arguments keep getting shredded to pieces? :lol

- Dude had a losing record when he didn't have an All-Star/HoF bigman: fact
- Only alleged 'star' to miss the playoffs in his career prime: fact
- Has about as many rings and finals appearances as other #2 pieces, like Kerr, Horry, Fisher: fact

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, doesn't pass the ball and snitches, it's Kobe Bryant...

JRHernandez88
01-26-2013, 12:53 PM
see what happens when you don't have to be front and center all the time and chuck the ball 25+ times hurting your team dumb dumb? you were a damn strong role player with a +15, took 10 great shots, passed the ball instead of being selfish, and only turned the ball over 3 times compared to your usual 5 or 6. good job.
but hes MJ :cry

baseline bum
01-26-2013, 01:20 PM

Cry Havoc
01-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Kobe might be the most selfish player in NBA history. Unbelievable how easily they beat the Jazz when he just shut the fuck up and stopped glory chasing for one game.

Kobe = dumbass.

Kobe = BBIQ :lol :lol :lol

CitizenDwayne
01-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Give him props for doing what he should have been doing all along?

Considering he'll be back to jacking soon, it just gives more reason to call him a selfish idiot.

ambchang
01-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Excelling in a support role he was born to play. No surprises there.

I am seriously considering having Kobe as my #1 second banana a time over Mchale.

BRHornet45
01-26-2013, 04:08 PM
sons anyone using the "but...but...but ... he has rings" argument should be slapped across the face at least 5 times. any player can be part of a championship team. that mainly boils down to luck of being placed on a stacked team. the ring argument is nothing more than a myth when judging the "greatness" of players because no one can win a championship by themselves. if you go by that foolish and downright ignorant logic that the media has drilled into your head for decades now then Robert Horry with his 7 rings would be one of the greatest basketball players of all time. stop the foolishness.

you have to judge greatness by what that player does for his team. the Lakers are best when Kobe is the second or third scoring option or at the very least has a big man to rely on. we've seen it time and time again with him failing miserably when he tries to be "the man". Kobe and the Lakers are best when he knows, understands, and accepts his role as a teammate, not as "Mr. Top 10 plays on Sportscenter every night".

Thebesteva
01-26-2013, 05:40 PM

LOL they have a right to talk this season as Spurs fans, but I want front row seats to spurstalk when the Spurs get bounced in the first-2nd round. Mayhem will follow.

99 Problems
01-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Could Kobe have taken the Cavs as far a LeBruce did?

Some guys like Irving,Wall, Davis even maybe CP3 will earn there championships the hard way. No uncle Shaq running the big dance.

Clipper Nation
01-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Could Kobe have taken the Cavs as far a LeBruce did?

Fuck no.... at BEST, he'd take the Cavs about as far as prime Pierce usually took those shitty mid-2000's Celtics teams (first round exit), tbh... and that's only because the East is a joke...

Baseline
01-26-2013, 08:10 PM

Baseline
01-26-2013, 08:18 PM

Bryant plays one game the way LeBron James plays EVERY game, and suddenly he's Joan of Arc for his "sacrifice."

Seriously? Why has it taken 17 years for people to realize this guy has been nothing but a chucker for his entire career?

Who has he ever "made better"? He's been on 5 championship teams. The first three were led by the Most Dominant Ever. The other two won because of Pau and Bynum and their size advantage over every other team in the league.

Without Shaq and Gasol, Bryant has ZERO rings.

This guy is no legend. He's simply a volume shooter who has had the green light for far too long, and nobody has had the balls to tell him to frigging pass the ball. He's treated with such velvet gloves that even Magic Johnson has to use twitter to tell him to pass the ball more, and only after he has a game (one game, mind you) with 14 assists, which the Lakers win.

Why are Laker fans not humiliated by this mess? If one guy plays unselfishly, they're an entirely different team. It's not rocket science, people.

DMC
01-27-2013, 10:59 AM

Next season

DMC
01-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Bryant plays one game the way LeBron James plays EVERY game, and suddenly he's Joan of Arc for his "sacrifice."

Seriously? Why has it taken 17 years for people to realize this guy has been nothing but a chucker for his entire career?

Who has he ever "made better"? He's been on 5 championship teams. The first three were led by the Most Dominant Ever. The other two won because of Pau and Bynum and their size advantage over every other team in the league.

Without Shaq and Gasol, Bryant has ZERO rings.

This guy is no legend. He's simply a volume shooter who has had the green light for far too long, and nobody has had the balls to tell him to frigging pass the ball. He's treated with such velvet gloves that even Magic Johnson has to use twitter to tell him to pass the ball more, and only after he has a game (one game, mind you) with 14 assists, which the Lakers win.

Why are Laker fans not humiliated by this mess? If one guy plays unselfishly, they're an entirely different team. It's not rocket science, people.

He's Noah of Ark.

rayjayjohnson
01-27-2013, 11:55 AM

then there's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSamEqtPVao

lefty20
01-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Highly doubt Kobe is gonna keep passing at this rate. He has his sights focused on the the scoring king title, he won't let his team develop any chemistry as that might get in the way of him being the #1 scorer ever.

Brazil
01-27-2013, 02:51 PM
A lefty troll ? :lmao

dunkman
01-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Kudos to Kobe for realising the Lakers have to play to their strengths. Must say he's smarter then what is given credit for.

ffadicted
01-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Past two games

17.5 PPG
9.0 RPG
14.0 APG
68% Shooting

Hopefully kobean realizes this is how he needs to play