PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Possible 3 way trade with Boston and Memphis- Pierce to MEM, Gasol to BOS, Gay to LA?

irishock
01-26-2013, 03:22 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225799/Rival_Execs_Speculate_About_Rudy_Gay_Ending_Up_Wit h_Lakers

Rumor: Lakers, Celtics & Grizzles have discussed a three way blockbuster that would send Pau Gasol to Boston, Gay to LA & Pierce to Memphis.

Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion

It's not as far-fetched as you'd think, Memphis saves a ton of money, Celtics get a big man, and Lakers land Rudy Gay.

ESPNs Marc Stein confirms in an article posted yesterday that league executives believe that the three way trade idea has been discussed.

ElNono
01-26-2013, 03:24 PM
If Ainge ships Pierce out, he needs to have his Celtics fan card taken away, tbh

Dex
01-26-2013, 03:26 PM
No way Pierce goes anywhere. Maybe Boston involves someone else, but Pierce is about as secure as a Celtic as Duncan is a Spur.

timvp
01-26-2013, 03:29 PM
:lmao @ Kobe and Gay on the same team. The two mostly unabashed chuckers on the same team? The world would implode.

Memphis would be a gigantic winner in this trade. Hopefully it doesn't happen ... even if it would be comical to watch Dwight Howard average two shots a game.

irishock
01-26-2013, 03:29 PM
No way Pierce goes anywhere. Maybe Boston involves someone else, but Pierce is about as secure as a Celtic as Duncan is a Spur.

Pierce has been in trade talks for 2 years now and Boston almost pulled the trigger on Pierce for Kris Humphries/scrubs last year.

Clipper Nation
01-26-2013, 03:42 PM
:lmao The two most selfish, dumbass ballhogs in the league (Kobe and Gay) on the same team together.... oh man, that'll be even more entertaining than the current trainwreck :lol

StrengthAndHonor
01-26-2013, 03:44 PM
If Ainge can make the team stronger he will. If he can start the rebuilding process in a big way -- why wouldn't he? Pierce is one of their biggest asset. not because of his production but because he's only guaranteed $5 million of his contract next year.

Pierce was great. But its time for the franchise to move on. New York did it with Patrick, Houston with Olajuwon even Chicago with Jordan. You can't allow sentimentals delay your rebuilding process.

Koolaid_Man
01-26-2013, 03:45 PM
:lmao @ Kobe and Gay on the same team. The two mostly unabashed chuckers on the same team? The world would implode.

Memphis would be a gigantic winner in this trade. Hopefully it doesn't happen ... even if it would be comical to watch Dwight Howard average two shots a game.

:lol The "great" Timvp is wetting his pants...obvious style...

Gay brings, youth, speed, athleticism, and defense...if Kobe becomes the facilitator again and force Nash into being a scoring PG, which means less shots for MWP...then it's on...Kobe becomes a decoy, Dwight gets to eat all day...and Gay slashes to the basket for easy buckets...Gay would be an awesome addition and would instantly cause a match-up nightmare for the Spurs. All we'd need to do after that trade is sign Kenyon Martin to be another junk yard dawg to replace Gasol...

I wouldn't want to see this either if I were you

StrengthAndHonor
01-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Also, the Lakers will not take any additional contracts, they have that 2014 plan. Gasol expires next year whereas Gay has another year worth $19,000.000. No one is touching Gay at this point.

I. Hustle
01-26-2013, 03:47 PM
Damn, doesn't LA have enough gays?

StrengthAndHonor
01-26-2013, 03:57 PM

Gay brings, youth, speed, athleticism, and defense...if Kobe becomes the facilitator again and force Nash into being a scoring PG, which means less shots for MWP...then it's on...Kobe becomes a decoy, Dwight gets to eat all day...and Gay slashes to the basket for easy buckets...Gay would be an awesome addition and would instantly cause a match-up nightmare for the Spurs. All we'd need to do after that trade is sign Kenyon Martin to be another junk yard dawg to replace Gasol...

You guys said the same thing when Nash and Dwight was traded to LA. How's that working out for ya?:lol

Koolaid_Man
01-26-2013, 03:57 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225799/Rival_Execs_Speculate_About_Rudy_Gay_Ending_Up_Wit h_Lakers

Rumor: Lakers, Celtics & Grizzles have discussed a three way blockbuster that would send Pau Gasol to Boston, Gay to LA & Pierce to Memphis.

It's not as far-fetched as you'd think, Memphis saves a ton of money, Celtics get a big man, and Lakers land Rudy Gay.

ESPNs Marc Stein confirms in an article posted yesterday that league executives believe that the three way trade idea has been discussed.

there's also another muthafucking trade being discussed:

The principle pieces of this 3-team deal would look something like this:

Lakers Get: Rudy Gay...and David West from the Pacers

Grizzlies Get: Pau Gasol... and Danny Granger from Pacers

Pacers Get: Zach Randolph and Metta World Peace

Why It Works for the Lakers: Replacing Gasol with West isn't an upgrade and doesn't really address the team's problems with age and defense. However, the upgrade on the wing with Rudy Gay more than makes up for that.
Gay is young, athletic and has the potential to be very dynamic in Mike D'Antoni's offense.
Moving Gasol also removes congestion inside and allows the team more freedom to spread out the way the Suns did under D'Antoni.

Why It Works for the Grizzlies: This is probably the toughest one to sell because of how important Zach Randolph has been to the Grizzlies' recent success. That said, I don't think there are many people who would consider Gasol a huge downgrade (if at all).
Gasol's numbers are bad this year (12 points a game on 41 percent shooting), but they don't tell the story of how skilled he is. Alongside three superstars in D'Antoni's system, Gasol is a square peg in a round hole. A return to Memphis would be a much better fit.
There would be instant chemistry between the Gasol brothers in the frontcourt for Memphis and Lionel Hollins' more half-court-oriented approach suits Pau's game.

Offensively, Granger's ability to produce is on par with, and maybe even better than Gay's. When he returns from injury, he would fit perfectly into the small forward slot.

Why It Works for the Pacers: David West has been huge for the Pacers this year, but Randolph is even better. He would instantly be the team's best player.
As for World Peace, he's clearly a downgrade from Granger. However, he does add toughness to a team that's lacking there and it opens up an opportunity for Paul George.

LA is in desperate need of a shakeup, and this deal not only benefits them, but two other teams as well. The Lakers get younger and more athletic. The Grizzlies get bigger and more familial and the Pacers get tougher.

Koolaid_Man
01-26-2013, 03:59 PM
You guys said the same thing when Nash and Dwight was traded to LA. How's that working out for ya?:lol

I was against the Nash trade...we all knew he was old...I thought it could work but I wasn't as optimistic

Clipper Nation
01-26-2013, 04:03 PM
:lol Kool trying to talk himself into Rudy fucking Gay..... have you ever actually watched him play? He's overrated and a no-shame chucker...

StrengthAndHonor
01-26-2013, 04:04 PM
I was against the Nash trade...we all knew he was old...I thought it could work but I wasn't as optimistic

If Nash wasn't brought in, D'Antoni wouldve never, ever even been considered to touch that team. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

Captivus
01-26-2013, 04:06 PM

I think (and I may be wrong) that you are missing the point. The reason the Lakers are not playing better its not because they lack players, probably a lot of teams would switch rosters with the Lakers in a second (money issues aside).
The problem is that the players just cant win games, could be Kobe not passsing, Kobe shooting a lot and letting the other players cold down, D12 FTs, injuries, Coaching staff, no bench....blahblahblah...at the end, theres no reason any of that would chance if a guy like Gay goes to the Lakers.
At least that's what I think, the problem is a little deeper than: We need another star player.
Off course I don't have the solution...but believe me, its not another role player.

StrengthAndHonor
01-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Gay is pretty much useless without touching the ball and Kobe sure as hell won't dish his precious rock to.players who hasn't sniff a championship trophy. Gasol and MWP won battles for him, what makes you think Kobe would alln of a sudden trust these unaccomplished niggas.

Stump
01-26-2013, 04:17 PM

Why It Works for the Lakers: Replacing Gasol with West isn't an upgrade and doesn't really address the team's problems with age and defense. However, the upgrade on the wing with Rudy Gay more than makes up for that.
Gay is young, athletic and has the potential to be very dynamic in Mike D'Antoni's offense.
Moving Gasol also removes congestion inside and allows the team more freedom to spread out the way the Suns did under D'Antoni.

Why It Works for the Grizzlies: This is probably the toughest one to sell because of how important Zach Randolph has been to the Grizzlies' recent success. That said, I don't think there are many people who would consider Gasol a huge downgrade (if at all).
Gasol's numbers are bad this year (12 points a game on 41 percent shooting), but they don't tell the story of how skilled he is. Alongside three superstars in D'Antoni's system, Gasol is a square peg in a round hole. A return to Memphis would be a much better fit.
There would be instant chemistry between the Gasol brothers in the frontcourt for Memphis and Lionel Hollins' more half-court-oriented approach suits Pau's game.

Offensively, Granger's ability to produce is on par with, and maybe even better than Gay's. When he returns from injury, he would fit perfectly into the small forward slot.

Why It Works for the Pacers: David West has been huge for the Pacers this year, but Randolph is even better. He would instantly be the team's best player.
As for World Peace, he's clearly a downgrade from Granger. However, he does add toughness to a team that's lacking there and it opens up an opportunity for Paul George.

LA is in desperate need of a shakeup, and this deal not only benefits them, but two other teams as well. The Lakers get younger and more athletic. The Grizzlies get bigger and more familial and the Pacers get tougher.
Dude, there is absolutely no way the Pacers are trading for Ron Artest. None.

Koolaid_Man
01-26-2013, 04:20 PM
Damn, doesn't LA have enough gays?

lemme just say if we sign Rudy I would personally lead the GAY PRIDE parade :lol

Koolaid_Man
01-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Dude, there is absolutely no way the Pacers are trading for Ron Artest. None.

if they can improve their team of course they would....the Clippers resigned Lamar Odom for basketball reasons...

Cry Havoc

:lmao

Thinking Ron Artest would ever dress in a Pacers uniform again.

Spur_Fanatic
Kool's Views:

CP3 trade ---> Kool: "We are awesome now, Gasol will be missed, but he sucks now, and CP3 is excellent"
Trade fails ---> Kool: "Gasol is awesome, CP3 sucks, Mitch will fix it"

Prior to Dwight sign ---> "Bynum is next the next Shaq, Bynum is amuch better than Dwight, best cemter ever, we'll rebuild around him, Kobe will teach him"
Inmediately after Dwight trade ---> "Bynum was terrible, we now have the best big man on the league, Dwight + Gasol will keep the other team from scoring"

Koolaid_Man
01-26-2013, 04:28 PM

Thinking Ron Artest would ever dress in a Pacers uniform again.

then they can have Blake

Josepatches_
01-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Pierce was great. But its time for the franchise to move on. New York did it with Patrick, Houston with Olajuwon even Chicago with Jordan. You can't allow sentimentals delay your rebuilding process.

I missed the part when Chicago move on from Jordan because he was delaying the rebuilding process . Jordan was who took the choice of the retirement. Same Magic or Bird.

Jodelo
01-26-2013, 05:07 PM

It was one game. :lmao

Koolaid_Man
01-26-2013, 05:09 PM
It was one game. :lmao

I'm desperate for any positive signs....ok faggot....:lol

StrengthAndHonor
01-26-2013, 05:13 PM
I missed the part when Chicago move on from Jordan because he was delaying the rebuilding process . Jordan was who took the choice of the retirement. Same Magic or Bird.

"Jordan’s second retirement announcement, in January 1999, came after bitter tension between General Manager Jerry Krause and Coach Jackson resulted in Jackson’s leaving Chicago. Though he had earlier stated publicly that he would not play for any coach besides Jackson, Jordan explained his decision to retire by saying he had lost the drive and desire that was necessary to continue playing at such a high level, and that he wanted to spend more time with his family"

Reinsdorf and Krause felt the team were on its last legs in 98. There was a rift with Pippen, Jackson and Krause. Reinsdorf doesn't want to pay Pippen's long deserved huge pay in 98 for one (thus he bolted to Houston in 99). They really don't have any problems brining Mike back for another 30 million deal but with the core breaking up, Jordan decided it was also time to move on and end his storybook career.

Jodelo
01-26-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm desperate for any positive signs....ok faggot....:lol

Understandable. Same boat then i guess. :toast

da_suns_fan
01-26-2013, 05:31 PM

Thats what I was thinking..Gay and Kobe could have a contest every night as to who can take the worst shot.

ffadicted
01-26-2013, 05:36 PM
0% chance of Pierce being traded unless he requested it tbh

dunkman
01-26-2013, 07:28 PM
That trade is ridiculous for every team involved and no way the C's trade Pierce.

01-26-2013, 07:48 PM
pierce is a celtic for life, ainge will get run out of town. and trading him for gasol? :lol that makes the celtics even worse.

baseline bum
01-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Pierce has been in trade talks for 2 years now and Boston almost pulled the trigger on Pierce for Kris Humphries/scrubs last year.

Never heard that one; sounds like BS. But even so, that would have been an expiring contract, which Gasol won't be.

JRHernandez88
01-26-2013, 09:04 PM
SMH trading peirce

Latarian Milton
01-26-2013, 09:05 PM
pierce still has a few good years left in him imho. nigga relies mostly on fundamental rather than athleticism which enables him to play at a great level even at a relatively old age, in fact he hasn't used much athleticism since 08' finals and yet he's still one of the best players in the league. celts may be looking to trade someone else like KG but there's no way in hell they would ship pierce out tbh

StrengthAndHonor
01-26-2013, 09:17 PM
I don't know why you guys are so uptight about trading Pierce. I understand he's been a Celtic since 98, but so what? If he can bring in good assets, Ainge should pull the trigger. Pierce is not like Duncan or Kobe. He's very expandable.

Venti Quattro
01-26-2013, 09:36 PM
The Celtics aren't gonna do that to Paul Pierce. Never.

whitemamba
01-26-2013, 10:39 PM
tbh it doesnt matter who we add, we need figure out how to play d

TDMVPDPOY
01-26-2013, 11:06 PM
there be no bailout...

teams under the cap will be happy to collect the tax revenus sharing....somewhere sarver and jordan are licking there fingers counting more money

Grit and Grind
01-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Rudy Gay is extra garbage GET HIM OUT OF HERE