PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Kyrie Irving..

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2013, 09:30 PM
just made a 30-foot pull up 3 at the buzzer to beat the Raptors..

That boy is nice, tbh..

:lol Raptors, like their 10th loss in the final minute..

Thebesteva
01-26-2013, 09:32 PM
just made a 30-foot pull up 3 at the buzzer to beat the Raptors..

That boy is nice, tbh..

:lol Raptors, like their 10th loss in the final minute..

It's good to know he's getting some experience in the D-league until he ends up a Laker

Venti Quattro
01-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Uncle Drew ftw.

StrengthAndHonor
01-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Love his game. He will be better than both former #1 picks Wall snd Rose

noob cake
01-26-2013, 09:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fFkAP2MNd4

Uncle Drew closing out the Craptors.

Ghazi
01-26-2013, 10:13 PM
I have a bet on Cavs over 30.5 wins this year. I feel it has some life now.

13-32, but 23 of final 37 at home. Irving playing well, Ellington/Speights seem like good additions. need to go 18-19. Lets go!!!

apalisoc_9
01-26-2013, 10:23 PM
I have a bet on Cavs over 30.5 wins this year. I feel it has some life now.

13-32, but 23 of final 37 at home. Irving playing well, Ellington/Speights seem like good additions. need to go 18-19. Lets go!!!

Where do you play?

Ghazi
01-26-2013, 10:32 PM
I dunno. some weird url. 1tiger76.com

racm
01-27-2013, 01:13 AM
Love his game. He will be better than both former #1 picks Wall snd Rose

One thing I like about him is that he's more of a skill player than both those guys. Wish he wasn't that injury-prone, though.

His supporting cast is rounding out; the Cavs just bought the Grizzlies bench a week ago.

Cleveland could be contending for a playoff spot next season IMO.

noob cake
01-27-2013, 01:17 AM
One thing I like about him is that he's more of a skill player than both those guys. Wish he wasn't that injury-prone, though.

His supporting cast is rounding out; the Cavs just bought the Grizzlies bench a week ago.

Cleveland could be contending for a playoff spot next season IMO.

Let me start you with an education. Irving has no injury problems. NBA injuries take the form of knee, hip, foot or back injuries.

Irving had a sprained shoulder, a broken hand in the NBA and a ripped big toe in college. None of these injuries are systematic reoccurring injuries.

noob cake
01-27-2013, 01:18 AM
https://twitpic.com/show/iphone/bykjxl

racm
01-27-2013, 01:21 AM
Let me start you with an education. Irving has no injury problems. NBA injuries take the form of knee, hip, foot or back injuries.

Irving had a sprained shoulder, a broken hand in the NBA and a ripped big toe in college. None of these injuries are systematic reoccurring injuries.

So he's simply unlucky?

noob cake
01-27-2013, 01:27 AM
So he's simply unlucky?

Yes. Fluke injuries. No blown knee like Oden/Hardaway, back like Walton or foot like Yao.

JRHernandez88
01-27-2013, 01:29 AM
Dam that .gif was sick as fk. Dude just walked up all cool and splashed the game winner... Wow

racm
01-27-2013, 01:32 AM
Yes. Fluke injuries. No blown knee like Oden/Hardaway, back like Walton or foot like Yao.

son are you the same noobcake from RealGM perchance

oh crap
01-27-2013, 01:47 AM
kid is good, real good.

lefty
01-27-2013, 01:49 AM
He shits on Kobe TBH

blkroadrunners
01-27-2013, 01:56 AM

Irving's a beast, but that was horrible defense and clock management by Anderson. You can tell from Irving's body language that he was going for the 3.

racm
01-27-2013, 01:58 AM
Irving's a beast, but that was horrible defense and clock management by Anderson. You can tell from Irving's body language that he was going for the 3.

Raps fans on RealGM are putting Anderson on their no 3 wanted list after Colangelo and Bustnani.

blkroadrunners
01-27-2013, 02:09 AM
I guess V. Carter went down the wanted list then.

HarlemHeat37
01-27-2013, 02:17 AM
Anderson is Canada's Gary Neal, tbh..

8FOR!3
01-27-2013, 02:27 AM
Kyrie can ball.

Raven
01-27-2013, 03:42 AM
the guy obviously can shoot, but i'm starting to wonder if he is what the cavs drafted him for.. granted, he's still VERY young, but he's not defending and he's not making his teammates better.. bottom line, he's playing like a glorified kemba walker, he has a lot room to grow however, which kemba doesn't.

racm
01-27-2013, 03:53 AM
the guy obviously can shoot, but i'm starting to wonder if he is what the cavs drafted him for.. granted, he's still VERY young, but he's not defending and he's not making his teammates better.. bottom line, he's playing like a glorified kemba walker, he has a lot room to grow however, which kemba doesn't.

You surround a score-first guard with bigs who can rebound his misses and wings who space the floor for him. That's how Kobe rang tbh.

Raven
01-27-2013, 04:14 AM
You surround a score-first guard with bigs who can rebound his misses and wings who space the floor for him. That's how Kobe rang tbh.

yes, i guess that's the idea.. still, i wonder if he could shoot over 6-5 sgs like the bricker does.. probably that's the kind of arguments that is right, but never gets the credits it deserves because while never ringing, the guy still manages to look cool and come to the second round..

BRHornet45
01-27-2013, 04:35 AM
He shits on Kobe TBH

most legit players in the NBA shit on Kobe when the officials don't protect him.

Captivus
01-27-2013, 08:48 AM
This guy is amazing. He will only get better.
Last year I was hoping the got the 1st pick, Davis, just to see what they could do.
I posted a comparison between him and Chris Paul in another webpage. Maybe I can update it and post it here...

JoeTait75
01-27-2013, 09:01 AM
You surround a score-first guard with bigs who can rebound his misses and wings who space the floor for him. That's how Kobe rang tbh.O

Or find a way to play him off the ball. I think that was the idea behind drafting Dion Waiters, although it hasn't quite worked out that way so far (mainly because Waiters is such a chucker.)

It's true that Kyrie isn't a good defender and doesn't really make his teammates better. But his offensive game is so good. He really has every weapon in the arsenal. He has to figure out a way to balance his offensive ability with his priorities as a PG.

StrengthAndHonor
01-27-2013, 09:07 AM
Plus he's a good looking kid unlike Rose or Wall. Silver is licking his chops. This kid will be the face of the franchise once he bolts to the Lakers to play with Duh white.

racm
01-27-2013, 09:22 AM
O

Or find a way to play him off the ball. I think that was the idea behind drafting Dion Waiters, although it hasn't quite worked out that way so far (mainly because Waiters is such a chucker.)

It's true that Kyrie isn't a good defender and doesn't really make his teammates better. But his offensive game is so good. He really has every weapon in the arsenal. He has to figure out a way to balance his offensive ability with his priorities as a PG.

A short-term solution would be to pair him up with a facilitator off the bench like what the Warriors did by bringing in Jack to play with Curry.

Plus he's a good looking kid unlike Rose or Wall. Silver is licking his chops. This kid will be the face of the franchise once he bolts to the Lakers to play with Duh white.

He's got no acne problems like KD and his hairline's good unlike LeBron, tbh...

StrengthAndHonor
01-27-2013, 09:49 AM
He's got no acne problems like KD and his hairline's good unlike LeBron, tbh...

And he doesn't have rapey eyes like Kobe. I think that's how it goes in this forum.

DMC
01-27-2013, 11:03 AM

That was a poor decision. Sure he made it, but had he missed, it would have been seen as a poor decision, so the results shouldn't change that. Now if he shot 50% from that spot, no problem. That's the problem with the NBA and today's fans; they only look at box scores and highlights. They don't factor in the decisions made during the game or the variance.

tlongII
01-27-2013, 11:26 AM
He is almost as good as Lillard. Almost.

TDMVPDPOY
01-27-2013, 12:28 PM

hahahahahahhahaa

StrengthAndHonor
01-27-2013, 12:57 PM

Almost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABC0BukoeRQ

Raven
01-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Almost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABC0BukoeRQ

wow, what travel..

timvp
01-27-2013, 02:39 PM
If Pop thought Danny Green's D on Mo Williams was bad ... he would have had a triple aneurism if that happened.

Irving D is getting better the last couple games I watched. He used to be the worst defender in the NBA. Now he's just bad.

Speaking of Irving, who would take Irving over Rose right now? I think I would, thb.

StrengthAndHonor
01-27-2013, 02:48 PM
If Pop thought Danny Green's D on Mo Williams was bad ... he would have had a triple aneurism if that happened.

Irving D is getting better the last couple games I watched. He used to be the worst defender in the NBA. Now he's just bad.

Speaking of Irving, who would take Irving over Rose right now? I think I would, thb.

TBD. But honestly, I like Irving's game more. Rose depended so much on that athleticism. Without it, he will never be the same caliber of player again.

JoeTait75
01-27-2013, 04:11 PM
That was a poor decision. Sure he made it, but had he missed, it would have been seen as a poor decision, so the results shouldn't change that. Now if he shot 50% from that spot, no problem. That's the problem with the NBA and today's fans; they only look at box scores and highlights. They don't factor in the decisions made during the game or the variance.

He was a little far out but it's certainly within his range and he walked right into it.

tlongII
01-27-2013, 11:09 PM
Almost.

Hoops Czar
01-28-2013, 12:27 AM
TBD. But honestly, I like Irving's game more. Rose depended so much on that athleticism. Without it, he will never be the same caliber of player again.

Nearly the exact same words echoed several years ago when referring to CP3 coming off a serious injury. He lost his explosiveness and everybody in this forum thought he was done. Oops, gut check.

TIMMYtoZO
01-28-2013, 01:37 AM
:lol Most Cavs fans are having wet dreams about him Lebron teaming up with him next Summer. Then Cavs fans are excited about their cap space to bring in another big name next to Irving and Lebron. No one wants to go to that shithole so that cap money is a moot point.

:lol Cavs
:lol using Irving to try to bring Lebron back to your shitty franchise
:lol getting excited about nothing

Grit and Grind
01-28-2013, 02:12 AM
:lol Most Cavs fans are having wet dreams about him Lebron teaming up with him next Summer. Then Cavs fans are excited about their cap space to bring in another big name next to Irving and Lebron. No one wants to go to that shithole so that cap money is a moot point.

No wants that choker ... 2 points in the 4th QT

Clipper Nation
01-28-2013, 02:15 AM
No wants that choker ... 2 points in the 4th QT

:lol Memphis fan talking about choking

Grit and Grind
01-28-2013, 02:26 AM
:lol Memphis fan talking about choking

http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1388125/rudy-gay-over-lebron-o.gif

Plz shut up your franchise has worse history than my Grizzlies and that's saying something http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6162/smugrussell.gif

AaronY
01-28-2013, 03:58 AM
Exactly.

rayjayjohnson
01-28-2013, 05:35 AM
This guy is amazing. He will only get better.
Last year I was hoping the got the 1st pick, Davis, just to see what they could do.
I posted a comparison between him and Chris Paul in another webpage. Maybe I can update it and post it here...

Its cool, don't worry, no one will read it.

:lol "blogger".

JoeTait75
01-28-2013, 10:50 AM

The rumors about LeBron returning aren't being started by Cleveland fans.

DeadlyDynasty
01-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Can't wait till he's a Laker. In due time.

DMC
01-28-2013, 04:21 PM
Can't wait till he's a Laker. In due time.

After he breaks his back.

Hoops Czar
01-28-2013, 04:54 PM

No, he isn't going back to the Cavs. He left for a reason. But for your sake, I hope he doesn't seek refuge with another team in the near future.TimmytoZo would be out in search of the next big wave because that's what bandwagoners do.