PDA

View Full Version : SHANNON BROWN = SCRUBBY POS

Dr. Robert Lee
01-26-2013, 11:00 PM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-V6J8aVZHrp4/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAEE/EVmF4sY5zu8/s250-c-k/photo.jpg

justinandimcool
01-26-2013, 11:02 PM
just like his rapper brother, tbh.

Obstructed_View
01-26-2013, 11:04 PM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-V6J8aVZHrp4/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAEE/EVmF4sY5zu8/s250-c-k/photo.jpg

I'm O_V and I approve of this message.

HI-FI
01-26-2013, 11:10 PM
i hate this shithead way before this game. I wish we had someone to lay him out, but we're too :cryclassy at times. hilarious that da_suns_fan thought it was a bad call, but that's about as legit a flagrant 2 as you see, especially considering what happened before.

SenorSpur
01-26-2013, 11:11 PM
That was an extremely dirty play on his part. I don't know if he's got a rep for that kind of thing, but it was easy to see that he had no intentions of playing the ball.

manufan10
01-26-2013, 11:12 PM
Credit to ace3g (I believe):

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/rtking/manudevilsty4.jpg

Sean Cagney
01-26-2013, 11:16 PM
That rodent looking bastard, never liked him at all. I could not stand him on LA for some reason.

TDMVPDPOY
01-26-2013, 11:27 PM
why is monica going out with him?

LakerHater
01-27-2013, 12:17 AM
Stephen Jackson says he doesn't think Shannon Brown's flagrant was dirty because "I know Shannon Brown. He doesn't play like that."

Jackson said "if it was anybody else I probably would have knocked him out."

BatManu20
01-27-2013, 12:31 AM
Flagrant foul for sure but I actually didn't think it should have been a flagrant 2/automatic ejection tbh. I thought a flagrant 1 was enough.

DapDaGenius
01-27-2013, 12:32 AM
Stephen Jackson says he doesn't think Shannon Brown's flagrant was dirty because "I know Shannon Brown. He doesn't play like that."

Jackson still thuggin'

exstatic
01-27-2013, 01:53 AM
Flagrant foul for sure but I actually didn't think it should have been a flagrant 2/automatic ejection tbh. I thought a flagrant 1 was enough.

When someone turns the corner on you and you're defending from behind, there is NO CHANCE to get the ball on a play like he made, EVER. He was headhunting, pure and simple. It was a thug play and the call was 100% correct.

If that other Suns player hadn't been there for Manu to crash into, he could have been seriously injured. He was pinwheeling as he fell, and only hitting that other suns player kept him from landing on his head/neck.

racm
01-27-2013, 01:54 AM
just like his rapper brother, tbh.

jbspurs
01-27-2013, 02:14 AM
I think I saw Ginobili gave brown a little shot to the rib prior to Ginobili getting the ball. Brown play was more of retaliation I think...

spurs1990
01-27-2013, 02:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98iXnjZO-1E

I like Manu's cold stare.

exstatic
01-27-2013, 02:26 AM
I think I saw Ginobili gave brown a little shot to the rib prior to Ginobili getting the ball. Brown play was more of retaliation I think...

If so, the response was WAY out of proportion.

jbspurs
01-27-2013, 02:28 AM
If so, the response was WAY out of proportion.

I totally agree!

hater
01-27-2013, 04:51 AM
Just a hard foul. Nba is soft pussy shit

chapnis
01-27-2013, 05:56 AM
Ginobili actually acknowledged that it was lucky the other guy was there to stop him getting seriously hurt.

TJastal
01-27-2013, 06:53 AM
Just a hard foul. Nba is soft pussy shit

A hard foul does not consist of going for somebody's head. A hard foul would have been a simple rake across the wrist and forearm. Brown took it well past that, striking Manu in the forehead and snapping his neck back. IMHO the league should not tolerate these kinds of plays. Automatic suspension for the entire year, if not a lifetime permanent ban is necessary.

I encourage you to come over sometime and we'll head down to the gym. We can simulate this play over and over and see how many "hard fouls" you can take seeing as you're such a tough guy and all. Except, unfortunately for you there won't be anybody to break your fall as I slam your head backward and watch it thud off the hardwood. Fortunately for you there probably won't be much brain damage.

racm
01-27-2013, 07:00 AM
lol even the Suns forum on RealGM hates Brown

chapnis
01-27-2013, 07:06 AM
A hard foul does not consist of going for somebody's head. A hard foul would have been a simple rake across the wrist and forearm. Brown took it well past that, striking Manu in the forehead and snapping his neck back. IMHO the league should not tolerate these kinds of plays. Automatic suspension for the entire year, if not a lifetime permanent ban is necessary.

I encourage you to come over sometime and we'll head down to the gym. We can simulate this play over and over and see how many "hard fouls" you can take seeing as you're such a tough guy and all. Except, unfortunately for you there won't be anybody to break your fall as I slam your head backward and watch it thud off the hardwood. Fortunately for you there probably won't be much brain damage.

Bit far with the season ban, but a ban could be in order.

E-RockWill
01-27-2013, 09:01 AM
TJastal sucks so bad he shits testicles.

Biggems
01-27-2013, 10:30 AM
That foul was status quo in the 80s and 90s. However, in this modern NBA, it is a flagrant foul. I was surprised it was a flagrant 2, as Manu never landed on the ground, plus he plays for the Spurs. Also, I am not sure that Brown has the reputation as a dirty player, the same way as Najera. As a Spurs fan, I will take the call all day long. I haven't liked Brown since his Laker days and this definitely didn't help his cause. I am just glad Manu is ok. BTW, Brown was stupid to anger Manu.....when he gets mad, something snaps inside him and he seems to go off.

CubanMustGo
01-27-2013, 10:35 AM

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w90/trex5353/yeah-bro-he-mad.jpg

Baynes
01-27-2013, 11:03 AM
F*CK Shannon Brown, I still like his brother's songs though

timvp
01-27-2013, 01:22 PM
It should be a one-game suspension. Brown was mad that Ginobili got a foul drawn on him that led to that inbounds pass. Then Ginobili pump-fakes him off his feet. In the slow motion replay, it's obvious that Brown is pissed before he goes for the wild swing across Ginobili's head. The landing would have been horrific if not for Morris cushioning the blow.

exstatic
01-27-2013, 01:50 PM
It should be a one-game suspension. Brown was mad that Ginobili got a foul drawn on him that led to that inbounds pass. Then Ginobili pump-fakes him off his feet. In the slow motion replay, it's obvious that Brown is pissed before he goes for the wild swing across Ginobili's head. The landing would have been horrific if not for Morris cushioning the blow.

Ginobili had pretty much been blowing by him at will all game.

GrandeDavid
01-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Weak sauce how Jackson defended Brown.

wut
01-27-2013, 02:35 PM
I agree and you will also notice if you watch in slow mo he was never looking at the ball just manus head! He was biting his lip which also suggests the intent to put all his force into the blow. It was dirty 100%.

capek
01-27-2013, 02:42 PM

As old and worn out as Jax has looked much of this season, it's stuff like this that makes me really hesitant to want to see him traded. Teammates like him are hard to find.

timvp
01-27-2013, 02:42 PM
Weak sauce how Jackson defended Brown.In Jack's defense, he had the worst view on the court. He couldn't see the wind up or even much of the landing blow.

I agree and you will also notice if you watch in slow mo he was never looking at the ball just manus head! He was biting his lip which also suggests the intent to put all his force into the blow. It was dirty 100%.Good points. If that's not a one-game suspension, I don't know what is. If you're allowed to play tee ball with your opponent's head because they make you mad, that's a dangerous precedent to set.

Whisky Dog
01-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Has to be a one game suspension and fine based on that close shot replay that showed the hatred and intent on Brown's face. Worst poker face I've ever seen. The best lawyer in American couldn't argue intent on that one.

Also, the only time I've ever been glad to see that jay hawk scrub Morris on a court. Fuck that guy but he was in the right place at the right time this time.

DMC
01-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Wasn't that hard of a foul.

playblair
01-27-2013, 03:25 PM
blair was the first spur to step in & defend manu ............... the beast is back ............ balir = toughness = playoff rotation .........

SayTown
01-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Moron could have ended Manu's season

Dr. Robert Lee
01-27-2013, 06:32 PM
blair was the first spur to step in & defend manu ............... the beast is back ............ balir = toughness = playoff rotation .........
lolwut

capek
01-27-2013, 07:21 PM
All the dude does is run his mouth. He don't do shit except for get technical fouls for running his mouth.

Dude, you're lacking in imagination if you can't see how it's good to have somebody like him in the locker room and on the court, just being around in general. It sets an example and rubs on on players, especially the young one. Not the running the mouth shit, but the 'take no shit from anyone' attitude. You have to have a short memory not to appreciate what that brings to the team. Especially after the years of RJ's reign of the vagina.

HI-FI
01-27-2013, 07:40 PM
Dude, you're lacking in imagination if you can't see how it's good to have somebody like him in the locker room and on the court, just being around in general. It sets an example and rubs on on players, especially the young one. Not the running the mouth shit, but the 'take no shit from anyone' attitude. You have to have a short memory not to appreciate what that brings to the team. Especially after the years of RJ's reign of the vagina.
I'm not sure if RJ and vagina belong in the same sentence, but otherwise i agree with your point.

TJastal
01-28-2013, 01:03 AM

That the best you can come up with? Did that come straight out of your "Internet insults for dummies" book you keep next to your computer?

I can beat that without even breaking a sweat. "E-RockWill sucks so hard he can floss his teeth with pubic hair". :D

TJastal
01-28-2013, 01:13 AM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w90/trex5353/yeah-bro-he-mad.jpg

Is he mad? Or is he getting excited by all this talk of thugs and dirty fouls?

TJastal
01-28-2013, 01:22 AM

If they were chasing a soccer ball I might be inclined to agree. I could audibly hear the contact just watching the recorded clip.

SenorSpur
01-28-2013, 01:25 AM
It sure sounded as though Jack was letting Brown off the hook. I don't give a crap if he does know Brown, he need only watch the replay to get an idea of Brown's intent.

TJastal
01-28-2013, 01:50 AM
To draw a comparison, the NFL doesn't screw around with thug headhunters, as evidenced by their extreme punishment meted out to the saints. Head coach suspended, defensive coordinator perma-banned from the league, half a million in fines, lost draft picks... and here in the NBA you get a flagrant foul and then get to take the night off. LMAO!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-28-2013, 02:04 AM
Definite cheap shot by Brown who obviously doesn't like being shown up by a far better player. Flagrant 2 all the way, Brown a weaksauce POS. I've always fuckin hated dirty ballas, and that shit was dirty.

What I loved about the scene was the way our players reacted - Patty straight in to look after Manu and usher him away, Manu with a "Fuck you, cheap pig" stare and a walk-away, Jax into the middle of the fray to calm it down (rather than inflame it - Jax has grown up a lot! :lol ), but also to interpose himself between Brown and the Spurs players to prevent something stupid from either party. :tu :tu :tu

TJastal
01-28-2013, 02:17 AM
In Jack's defense, he had the worst view on the court. He couldn't see the wind up or even much of the landing blow.

He might not have been able to see it, but I'm sure he heard it just fine. Hell, I'm pretty sure everyone in the arena probably heard the crack of Brown's arm meeting Manu's forehead.

phxspurfan
01-28-2013, 11:49 AM
I think the flagrant 2 was more to set the precedent that you can't go after someone like that. The actual play didn't look too bad to me. Definitely not nearly as bad as some other recent ones I've seen like the Bynum on Barea one.

Bill_Brasky
01-28-2013, 11:54 AM
Weak sauce how Jackson defended Brown.

Yeah wtf was that. I know it always looks worse in slomo, but it was a pretty clear hard/dirty foul...

Bill_Brasky
01-28-2013, 11:56 AM

That woulda been a flag in the NFL too, tbh.

TJastal
01-28-2013, 12:06 PM
I think the flagrant 2 was more to set the precedent that you can't go after someone like that. The actual play didn't look too bad to me. Definitely not nearly as bad as some other recent ones I've seen like the Bynum on Barea one.

Bad comparison, IMHO.

Bynum gave Barea a forearm shiver to the midsection as Barea was in midair. He essentially stuck his forearm out and let Barea crash into it. The shot knocked the wind out of Barea and not much more. It was a cheap shot that could have caused a minor injury, perhaps a cracked rib. However this is not on the same scale as slamming someone in the head. In midair no less sending them sprawling backward. As others have noted, Ginobili was very fortunate to have had his fall broken, otherwise he comes down hard on the back of his head, and possibly ends up with a concussion. The blow itself snapping Manu's head back like a rag doll could have also broken his neck and caused paralysis. You are an idiot if you think these two plays are on the same level of severity.

The only play in recent memory that could be comparable in severity was Artests' elbow to Harden's head. And that only rated a 7 game suspension because Stern wanted his pawn back in time for the lakers' next series.

Obstructed_View
01-28-2013, 12:52 PM

The Spurs play the Suns in three weeks. Jack may find himself "going for a block" in that game. Shhhhhhh...

DMC
01-28-2013, 03:48 PM
Good time for the Baynes to get some playing time if you ask me. What? He's getting suspended a game for that flagrant on Brown? That sucks.

lefty
01-28-2013, 04:22 PM
ok so when we used to knock the Suns out, they were pussies, but now that they do it to us, the Suns are dirty

Spurstalk :lmao

capek
01-28-2013, 04:25 PM
ok so when we used to knock the Suns out, they were pussies, but now that they do it to us, the Suns are dirty

Spurstalk :lmao

So because of an unrelated playoff series in the past, we can't point out a dirty play when it happens?

You're better off perfecting your catwoman jokes tbh

lefty
01-28-2013, 04:27 PM
:cry

cd98
01-28-2013, 04:27 PM
The fact that Manu wasn't injured means the leage will ignore it. Since he is fine, it's time to move on.

And Brown sucks. If it weren't for that foul, I wouldn't have known he was still in the league.

capek
01-28-2013, 04:36 PM
:sleep

/fixed

lefty
01-28-2013, 04:39 PM
/fixed

pfffffffft :lmao

admiralfats
01-28-2013, 04:59 PM
it was nice that morris was there to break manu's fall, otherwise he probably would've hit the ground harder with his butt/back. seemed to me like brown sized him up once manu got past him.

anyone know why he was so pissed? I think a few plays before that, he thought he got hit by a moving pick from dejuan or tiago, and was pissed? Cuz obviously he took that huge swipe at the ball and got called for a foul, then the next play was this one where he whacked manu.

maverick1948
01-28-2013, 05:48 PM
I think the Flagrant 2 was called more for the fact he hit the head. Had he got all arm, it may have been on a flagrant 1. Either way, it was flagrant. He had the intent to foul hard. It is just he got the head. I am sure he will get a fine but we may not see it.

Obstructed_View
01-28-2013, 05:52 PM
The refs saw that bizarre foul he committed on Manu just one play earlier. It doesn't take a huge leap of logic that Brown was pissed about something, especially after Manu clowned him.

Ice009
01-28-2013, 11:11 PM
I'm not happy with Jackson sticking up for Brown at all. It seems that if you are a friend of his, he will let you off the hook. That's not acceptable at all. If he won't stick up for Manu in that situation, then what do we have him on the team for? His basketball form is certainly not earning him court time.

Looks like Jackson is in really poor form, basketball wise on the court, and he's also struggling with the protect your teammates role too. He needs to get his head out of his ass and start playing up to his potential. Not sure if he is still injured or what, but we need Jack to start being the real Jack.

Dr. Robert Lee
01-29-2013, 12:49 AM
I'm not happy with Jackson sticking up for Brown at all. It seems that if you are a friend of his, he will let you off the hook. That's not acceptable at all. If he won't stick up for Manu in that situation, then what do we have him on the team for? His basketball form is certainly not earning him court time.

Looks like Jackson is in really poor form, basketball wise on the court, and he's also struggling with the protect your teammates role too. He needs to get his head out of his ass and start playing up to his potential. Not sure if he is still injured or what, but we need Jack to start being the real Jack.

TBH, I think it's about race. Jax isn't interesting in protecting the white players on the team. JMO.

Thebesteva
01-29-2013, 05:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98iXnjZO-1E

LOL it's really not that bad of a foul, he even went over and apologized. Spurs fans aint about dis life

Bynumite
01-29-2013, 07:36 AM
Vaginobili is a TOSB and lost some game but if there's one thing that remains intact is his ability to flop like a bitch and in mid-air too :lmao

Brown still a purple and gold soldier, laid that baldphag the fuck out :lmao

exstatic
01-29-2013, 08:19 AM
LOL it's really not that bad of a foul, he even went over and apologized. Spurs fans aint about dis life

Vaginobili is a TOSB and lost some game but if there's one thing that remains intact is his ability to flop like a bitch and in mid-air too :lmao

Brown still a purple and gold soldier, laid that baldphag the fuck out :lmao

Scoot back on downstairs, now. The grownups are talking quality basketball. That disqualifies Laker fan on two counts.

Obstructed_View
01-29-2013, 08:21 AM
Lakerfan has a boner for a Shannon since he's not a complete quitting pussy like the rest of the Lakers.