PDA

View Full Version : Favorite RATM song?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-01-2005, 07:16 PM
_____________---------=======>>>>>>>>Township Rebellion.(Owned.)

Seriously guys...i mean lets get serious. First of all theres probably less than 20 songs out there with a more bad ass name. Second, this song changes pace back and forth throughout, and third has some of the best De La Rocha lyrics of all time. Does screaming about political matters get any better than Zack De La Rocha? Audioslave is so gay. Bring back RAGE dammit!!!!

Like tool, this band has so many bad ass tracks, my personal favorite 2nd-20th are very very closely stacked, but this song just does something to me.

"Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost"

"Why stand on a silent platform
Fight the war, fuck the norm!"

Whats yalls favorite?

mookie2001
07-01-2005, 07:44 PM
dam tyson.

year of the boomerang

MannyIsGod
07-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Be Yourself is pretty bad ass. Basically any Rage song that doesn't include Zach. Shadow of the Sun is pretty sweet also.

Oh wait, that's Audioslave. MY BAD.

No seriously, People of the Sun is a pretty sweet song, but I really do hate Zach De La Panocha.

Duff McCartney
07-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Killing In The Name Of probably....maybe Bulls On Parade.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-01-2005, 08:53 PM
Be Yourself is pretty bad ass. Basically any Rage song that doesn't include Zach. Shadow of the Sun is pretty sweet also.

Oh wait, that's Audioslave. MY BAD.

No seriously, People of the Sun is a pretty sweet song, but I really do hate Zach De La Panocha.

wwwwWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHAAAAATTTT????????

Manny I can't believe my eyes! Although I am interested as to why you hate De La ROCHA.....he was one of my role models as an adolescent. What do you have against him??

MannyIsGod
07-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Because he's a fuck who was lucky to land on with the genius that is Tom Morrelo. There's a reason that the band broke up, and it's that mangy haired bitch.

I can't wait untill his solo effort comes out and he falls on his face.

scott
07-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Bombtrack

Cant_Be_Faded
07-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Because he's a fuck who was lucky to land on with the genius that is Tom Morrelo. There's a reason that the band broke up, and it's that mangy haired bitch.

I can't wait untill his solo effort comes out and he falls on his face.

yeah Morello is a genius, no doubting that. But Zach made rage too. Do you really like Audioslave better than Rage?
For me, I liked soundgarden, I loved rage, and I liked Audioslave at first but their songs had incredibly weak replayability to me. Also their songs like that 'i am not your falling wheel' or whatever, those type of Audioslave songs suck imo. Yet those seem to be their most popular ones.

To me, Rage was an entirely different beast than audioslave, regardless if it was Morello writing the bad ass music. Since the entire band is the same besides the singer, i think Zach still deserves some credit.

At least he stood for something, instead of writing lyrics as thin as air. He also had a good growl. Anger is a gift! As for this solo effort, that was supposed to come out years ago it seems. hah.

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Wake up is my favorite song off their debut album which is one of the greatest cd's of all time.

Bandit2981
07-01-2005, 09:38 PM
bullet in the head and freedom!

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 09:39 PM
The music on evil empire was not even close to the debut album and almost a joke because that debut album has some incredible stuff on it.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-01-2005, 09:42 PM
evil empire still had good shit on it though....i can't listen to down rodeo without head bangin

year of tha boomerang, whaaaaat??

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 09:44 PM
I liked Evil Empire at the beginning but the more I listened to it the more I realized how much more effort they put on their first album. Everything in Rage is good but that first album is a classic.

chungoman
07-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Everything in Rage is good but that first album is a classic.
:tu I agree. Every song on that album is just great.

Guerrilla Radio. That's my favorite. I think it's in The Battle Of Los Angles.

scott
07-02-2005, 10:24 AM
PS: Audioslave sucks.

ambchang
07-02-2005, 12:49 PM
How can you choose? So many of them! Bullet in the Head? Testify? Calm like a Bomb?

TNT21
07-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Just about all of their songs KICK MAJOR ASS!!

Cant_Be_Faded
07-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Ghost of tom jode rules all

hendrix
07-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Bulls on Parade Live at woodstock 94 :)

Cant_Be_Faded
07-02-2005, 08:55 PM
i thought that song came out in 95 or 96

hendrix
07-02-2005, 10:08 PM
i thought that song came out in 95 or 96

That Woodstock I think was in 94, but I'm not so sure... I have the MP3 saying "Bulls On Parade Live at Woodstock".