PDA

View Full Version : Out Of State Fans???

PASpursGuy
01-27-2013, 06:54 PM
I live in PA and been a HUGE Spurs fan for a few years now, but I hate that only overrated teams like the Lakers and the Heat are the only non-local fan favorites. I figured I'd use this post to try to find out if there are ever any meet ups with other Spurs fans to watch games that live outside of San Antonio... If not, people should start and If so, post yours up and let's grow the silver and black family!

chapnis
01-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Living in New Zealand, almost everyone here are Laker/Heat/Thunder fans. The only other Spurs fan I know is my friend who I converted into a Spurs fan...

TDMVPDPOY
01-27-2013, 07:03 PM
someone should explain to him the induction process.....

spurs1990
01-27-2013, 07:07 PM
I can only assume it's difficult for people to gravitate towards the Spurs because of either their perception as a mundane team or an aversion towards any or all of the big 3.

For instance, on the facebook there are 8 teams that have more likes than the Spurs, including the likes of Orlando and Dallas.

I mean that's particularly glaring because this franchise has won at least 47 games in 22 out of the last 23 seasons, and has missed the playoffs four times in their history of being in the NBA.

KaiRMD1
01-27-2013, 07:10 PM
I'm in New York and people rock Spurs colors here............under the guise of being a Brooklyn Nets fan. Usually, the city is booming with Lakers fans but with the emergence of the Knicks and Nets, people are actually rooting for the home team here.

CGD
01-27-2013, 07:17 PM
In west Michigan. There is an occasional reference to the pistons for pro-ball, but people here are tiger, lions, wings obsessed in that order as far as pro teams go. Obviously lots of MSU bball pride but people don't start paying attention until mid-feb. I'm probably holding it down for the whole state tbh.

hooperflash
01-27-2013, 07:43 PM
Tortas > Cheesesteaks

SpursRock20
01-27-2013, 08:30 PM
I live in backwoods Arkansas . Pretty sure I'm the only Spurs fan in the state .People don't talk about the NBA here, its all about the Hogs . However, there's an increasingly growing amount of Thunder fans . Kind of frustrating!

dunkman
01-27-2013, 08:45 PM
I'm in Montréal, the only Spur fan I can think of is Lefty . . .
When I go to play bball, most are Heat fans.
On the street its all about the Habs.

spurraider21
01-27-2013, 08:52 PM
I live in Los Angeles. Born and raised. Spurs fan all my life, though

antarescrane
01-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Seattle, WA, been a spurs fan since I started watching the NBA.

ffadicted
01-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Lived in eastern canada for a while, now in TO... only spurs fan I've ever known in person tbqh

jbspurs
01-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Northern California. Proud to say we have a good number of Spurs fans in our area...

toosmallshoes
01-27-2013, 09:20 PM
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/v/702676_10151362464432241_412445154_n.jpg?oh=d7083d f69d21730f2f321242bf41a3a1&oe=51080CED&__gda__=1359482085_8ca645fbe4a242d85498b0b458c3973 9
I'm living in Taiwan right now. Snapped a picture of this poster for Manu Ginobili outside of a restaurant. Basketball is huge here. There's usually an NBA game every morning plus a game featuring teams from the Taiwan league. As you can imagine there are a lot of Jeremy Lin fans, but even the Taiwanese are a little disappointed with his play. I see images of Kobe Bryant more than anyone else. Of course there are Lakers fans here. I have met one other Spurs fan. A pleasant surprise!

PASpursGuy
01-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Haha wow that's awesome!

nbaman99
01-27-2013, 09:43 PM
Spurs fan since Timmy's arrival from California. Follow all spurs games without missing one through league pass.

toosmallshoes
01-27-2013, 10:03 PM
I haven't bought league pass yet, but you can listen to every game on the NBA Game Time App. So I can still listen to the WOAI broadcast of the game in the morning! Still trying to figure out how to watch the Super Bowl. Over here nobody cares.

cd021
01-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Spurs fan from VA. first game i remember watching was the Spurs and Portland. I just remember seeing 2 giants patrol the paint. When I actually got into basketball I kept up with the spurs since 04-05 season.

lefty
01-27-2013, 10:11 PM
I've been a Spurs fan since 1992 and never looked back

Outside of Texas, everybody is rooting for the hottest/coolest teams of the moment

rmt
01-27-2013, 10:13 PM
Lots of Spurs fans here at the SAS/MIA game. Mostly Duncan and Manu jerseys. With the South American influence here, many Manu fans. He was signing autographs once and I got a smile out of him when I gave him a Spurs calendar with him and his wife to sign.

MaineSpursFan
01-27-2013, 10:14 PM
Lived just south of SA in Floresville until i was 15, now I'm the biggest Spurs fan in Maine.

lefty
01-27-2013, 10:17 PM
Lived just south of SA in Floresville until i was 15, now I'm the only Spurs fan in Maine.

FIFY

sananspursfan21
01-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Springfield MO, the few nba fans like the lakers, heat, thunder and bulls. college ball is huge here though, mizzou and kansas nation lol. i travel to memphis (5 hrs.) and okc (4 hrs.) to watch the games, one of these days before td retires i WILL watch a home game in san an

jhfenton
01-27-2013, 10:27 PM
I'm a life-long Spurs fan now living in Cincinnati. We had some Lebron Cavaliers fans in town until the last few years, and there are a few Pacers fans. But this is mostly a college basketball town, with the U.C. Bearcats, the Xavier Musketeers, the U.K. Wildcats, and even the Louisville Cardinals and Dayton Flyers having their fans. Spurs fans are few and far between.

My family lived in Texas for a few years when I was just starting school, and even after we moved (to Oklahoma, Michigan, and Ohio), my father's family still lived in Texas, and we still considered ourselves Texans. I could have pulled for the Rockets or Spurs, and even though we were closer to Houston, I picked the Spurs and the Iceman over the Rockets and Moses Malone. Robinson came along my sophomore year of college and cemented the Spurs bond with his talent and character. And the Spurs haven't missed a beat since on either front.

I make do with LP BB, which gets me all except the nationally-televised games and the Spurs games against the Cavs.

John

Skoobz
01-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Australian Spurs fan since 92....watch every game i can online...for free ;)

Darius Bieber
01-27-2013, 11:20 PM
Born in Germany, lived in San Antonio all my life. I now attend Iowa State University and when I talk to some people in Iowa they give me a glaring look every time I mention the Spurs. They don't even know who they are.

Someone asked me, "The Spurs are a college team, right?" :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Monkeyboy14
01-28-2013, 12:22 AM
Spurs fan living in Hays Kansas, town is small as hell. Only spurs fans here are me and any ex-girlfriends ive turned :hat

TheSkeptic
01-28-2013, 12:27 AM
Born in Africa, living in Canada. Became a Spurs fan because I hated the Lakers, liked Manu, Duncan, and D-Rob, and loved the team culture.

Pretty much everyone I know either hops onto the bandwagon of the latest superteam or supports the Lakers and Thunder.

OZspurs
01-28-2013, 01:33 AM
born in Sydney and grow up in Honolulu Hawaii. Love Spurs!

AussieFanKurt
01-28-2013, 01:36 AM
Any fans in Melb, Aus?

jbspurs
01-28-2013, 01:38 AM
born in Sydney and grow up in Honolulu Hawaii. Love Spurs!

I was in Honolulu 2 weeks ago, loved it there!

TDMVPDPOY
01-28-2013, 01:54 AM
Any fans in Melb, Aus?

hey fag, did u use to post on SR? and was part of that dvd sharing for the 05 season? good times back then....

AussieFanKurt
01-28-2013, 02:34 AM
hey fag, did u use to post on SR? and was part of that dvd sharing for the 05 season? good times back then....

No, never used that shit site

KenziE
01-28-2013, 02:43 AM
Lives in Manila , Philippines
Works in Alaska , USA

watches the spurs via League Pass International wooot wooot !!!

DieMrBond
01-28-2013, 03:04 AM
In Perth, Western Australia basketball is rated lower than golf, cricket, hockey, AFL, soccer/football, rugby, table tennis, swimming, tennis, and probably even miniature golf. There is ZERO coverage of the league here, ever since Jordan retired and NBA Action went off the air. That was the best part of Saturday mornings here for me. The only sports with less coverage is the NFL and baseball.

The only jerseys I see around are Heat, Lakers and Celtics jerseys, although I have seen one TP, one Gervin and two Duncans.... since 1993 (when I was old enough to care about basketball and choose a team to support). Trust me, these things stand out.

chapnis
01-28-2013, 03:24 AM
I've seen 4 people wearing Duncan singlets, 1 Robinson and 1 Parker in 10 years...

Skoobz
01-28-2013, 05:16 AM
Any fans in Melb, Aus?

Was....but now live in Bris because of work. I miss Melb.

Skoobz
01-28-2013, 05:18 AM

Your fuckin kidding me...you were part of the pontel sharing too with Trey, MI and the rest? What was yr user ID?

AussieFanKurt
01-28-2013, 05:19 AM
Was....but now live in Bris because of work. I miss Melb.

Damn, bad luck mate. I just left Brisbane.

Skoobz
01-28-2013, 05:23 AM
Anyone want to watch live spurs games pm me.

Skoobz
01-28-2013, 05:24 AM
Damn, bad luck mate. I just left Brisbane.

Perfect timing hey!!

Check my last post mate.

Skoobz
01-28-2013, 05:41 AM

Your not Stewart or Matty are you?

TDMVPDPOY
01-28-2013, 06:24 AM
Your fuckin kidding me...you were part of the pontel sharing too with Trey, MI and the rest? What was yr user ID?

yeh and where are those clowns?

username forgot but it was something similar to this or a bit longer or after some spurs player...

spurspokesman
01-28-2013, 08:11 AM
Im in Connecticut and i am one among a fistful of spurs fans. I can count them on one hand and one of them ( a friend) was murdered a few years so that shortened the number unfortunately. Btw every one loves a winner. Heat and thunder didnt have as many fans two years ago lol.

racm
01-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Im in Connecticut and i am one among a fistful of spurs fans. I can count them on one hand and one of them ( a friend) was murdered a few years so that shortened the number unfortunately. Btw every one loves a winner. Heat and thunder didnt have as many fans two years ago lol.

Are you in a sea of Celtics fans perchance?

elemento
01-28-2013, 08:31 AM
Spurs fan from Brazil, São Paulo.

Here nobody gives a shit about basketball, so it's even harder to be a basketball fan and Spurs fan. Most basketball fans here are Bulls/LA/Miami fans. Essentially MJ/Kobe/Lebron cock suckers that don't know shit about basketball.

I don't give a damn. There are a few nice Spurs fans (usually smarter and with much more knowledge about the game than the rest) and they have a blog about SA, with a few interviews and news about our players, even the ones still playing in Europe.

I can't stand dumb or bandwagon franchises so overall I am very happy with the Spurs.

racm
01-28-2013, 08:36 AM
Spurs fan from Brazil, São Paulo.

Here nobody gives a shit about basketball, so it's even harder to be a basketball fan and Spurs fan. Most basketball fans here are Bulls/LA/Miami fans. Essentially MJ/Kobe/Lebron cock suckers that don't know shit about basketball.

I don't give a damn. There are a few nice Spurs fans (usually smarter and with much more knowledge about the game than the rest) and they have a blog about SA, with a few interviews and news about our players, even the ones still playing in Europe.

I can't stand dumb or bandwagon franchises so overall I am very happy with the Spurs.

What do you think of Tiago?

elemento
01-28-2013, 08:51 AM
Splitter is a good player, but some of my Spurs fellows were delusional about him when he first came.

By looking at the comments made about him in the past 2 years, I saw that people got frustrated that he was not a good post player. Well, he has never been a post player and since he can't shoot, I knew that It would be hard for him to play in SAS system, especially paired with Timmy.

Still, I'm glad he finally got his chance and took advantage of it. Tiago is solid overall, but he isn't elite in anything (we could argue about his offensive P&R game, but still).

He is a solid system player shinning in a very efficient system and that's how I see him. Not a future SA cornerstone or anything like that. I'd love to see him back next season, but I don't think he is worth crazy money. Asik money would be more than fair IMO.

Strategic
01-28-2013, 09:00 AM
username forgot but it was something similar to this or a bit longer or after some spurs player...

lol

Drom John
01-28-2013, 09:31 AM
Middle Georgia here. I've never lived in San Antonio. (I am a Rice dropout and used to play basketball with San Antonio's Tommy Kramer.) I've had Spurs fan family in Bexar County since 1973, so they were my second team (behind the Bullets), till they drafted Duncan. I was working at Wake Forest and had a Deacon season ticket till mid-season his senior year. When the Spurs drafted Duncan, I switched. The Hawks are now my #2.

suitedkings
01-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Seattle, Wa.

4Dwin!
01-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Born and bred Filipino but loved the Spurs since I got to watch the NBA for the first time. Basketball is pretty big here and there a number of cool Spurs fans but most are Lakers and Heat fans, no surprises there.

101A
01-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Live in PA also; born, raised in SA - in fact was a season ticket holder until I moved in '05.

In Europe this summer; ran into a guy sporting Duncan jersey in Sienna, Italy; talked to him for a little while; native Italian, became a fan of Manu - followed him, now die hard Spurs guy. BTW - Sienna is a GREAT stop; not so touristy as other towns in Italy; but damned unique.

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Phoenix, Arizona

Cry Havoc
01-28-2013, 02:28 PM
A while back I moved to the Bay Area. Going to see the Spurs vs. Warriors next month!

JR3
01-28-2013, 06:52 PM
Living in Salt Lake City UT. If anyone wants to start a club and watch games together, pm me. There is always a good showing of spurs fans in the upper and lower bowl at the jazz games.

SpursRock20
01-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Seems like the Spurs are more popular globally compared to the states. Makes sense.

007nites
01-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Vancouver, BC. It's basically Laker town here. I've seen 5 people here wearing a Duncan jersey in my lifetime.

SpursIndonesia
01-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Not just out of the state, obviously. :D

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2013, 12:14 AM
i remember one time all the melb wankers were supposed to meetup watch a game at a shop in the city, or the ASG at crown....

lefty
01-29-2013, 12:36 AM
Vancouver, BC. It's basically Laker town here. I've seen 5 people here wearing a Duncan jersey in my lifetime.

Here in Montreal, Ive seen 3 people wearing Spurs jersey (all Duncan)

Other than that, it's pretty much Habs gear (oh big surprise) or Montreal Expos stuff (timvp :cry )

KenziE
01-29-2013, 01:45 AM
out here in manila im the only spur fan at the local gym ..... last seasons playoff run of 10-0 shut everybody up until 0-4 backdoor sweep happend :( hahaha

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2013, 01:49 AM
Here in Montreal, Ive seen 3 people wearing Spurs jersey (all Duncan)

Other than that, it's pretty much Habs gear (oh big surprise) or Montreal Expos stuff (timvp :cry )

should hook up with harlemho whose currently working in canada or someshit...

Manu-20
01-29-2013, 02:26 AM
Spurs fan out here in Cali and it sucks having to deal with all these bandwagon fair weather LA fans, been a fan ever since manu came along was always a fan but never took the spurs games serious enough until he came along.

Sean Cagney
01-29-2013, 02:38 AM
VA here since 93..... True fan.

Kuestmaster
01-29-2013, 02:47 AM
I live in Barcelona and have been a spurs fan since I remember being interested in the nba. Timmy is the best and classiest player I've ever seen.

k_nguyen93
01-29-2013, 02:52 AM
Spurs fan from Virginia. I live in Northern Virginia right outside of DC so its mainly Wizard fans. A lot of bandwagon Heat/OKC fans the last couple of years as well who pass it off as "LeBron/Durant fans." My cousin is a Spurs fan as well despite neither of us having connections to San Antonio.

polandprzem
01-29-2013, 03:05 AM
Well I'm from Russia from a little town name Poland ...

Rapper
01-29-2013, 03:27 AM
All spurs fans on this board know exactly where I am living, I am the first Asian spurs fan on this board I guess, ALSO, i am the first spurs fan in my hometown - Macau China where majority of people root for the Lakers

In Jan 2010 , I had been AT& T Center for my first spurs game and certainly I met my man Duncan, Parker and Ginobili and took pictures with them before the game.

Timmy is a very nice guy off the court , this is absolutely one of the best times in my life so far

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2013, 03:37 AM
All spurs fans on this board know exactly where I am living, I am the first Asian spurs fan on this board I guess, ALSO, i am the first spurs fan in my hometown - Macau China where majority of people root for the Lakers

In Jan 2010 , I had been AT& T Center for my first spurs game and certainly I met my man Duncan, Parker and Ginobili and took pictures with them before the game.

Timmy is a very nice guy off the court , this is absolutely one of the best times in my life so far

hold ur horses buddy...when was ur account registered, i might have a say in this

but i think theres a few FAR EASTS asians b4 you on this board....u know the ones that walk around with ottomans on their head, with that 3rd eye between their eyes and ride on carpets as a form of transportation....

AussieFanKurt
01-29-2013, 05:09 AM
hold ur horses buddy...when was ur account registered, i might have a say in this

but i think theres a few FAR EASTS asians b4 you on this board....u know the ones that walk around with ottomans on their head, with that 3rd eye between their eyes and ride on carpets as a form of transportation....

shut up grey

Darkwaters
01-29-2013, 06:33 AM
I've been a Spurs fan since 1992 and never looked back

Outside of Texas, everybody is rooting for the hottest/coolest teams of the moment

Very true.

I can see people being into the Lakers or Heat because they're big market teams. But the Oklahoma City Thunder? Really? Have you guys been the Oklahoma City? If you think San Antonio is boring have I got a place for you to visit!

racm
01-29-2013, 07:00 AM
Very true.

I can see people being into the Lakers or Heat because they're big market teams. But the Oklahoma City Thunder? Really? Have you guys been the Oklahoma City? If you think San Antonio is boring have I got a place for you to visit!

Isn't OKC Hicksville, full of white people?

SpursIndonesia
01-29-2013, 07:31 AM

Shen Lei / Lineesh, i wonder where she is right now ....... a nice poster from mainland China, since early 2000's, IIRC. From the days of EZboard forum, lol. :D

benfti
01-29-2013, 07:55 AM
I'm currently in Adelaide South Australia. I became a spurs fan in 1998. Interesting story, Whilst studying I got a part time job working at a indy music and arts newspaper (we call them street press here) in Melbourne at the beginning of 1998. Their offices were in Port Melbourne, and being the office pleb my job each morning was to go get the bosses their morning coffee. Now i had been playing basketball since the mid 80's (I was the only person in my whole school that played basketball at that time, by 1992 everyone was) and I was very familiar with the local competition so the first day I head off in to the coffee shop and whilst im waiting for the box full of coffees to be made, in walks in a greying haired (at the time) tall man which is none other than Andrew Gaze. I instantly know who he is, and he noticed that I do, he gives me a nod and says g'day, grabs his coffee and shoots out the door. The next day, same time, in he walks again, by the end of the first week and the 5th encounter and Drewy and I are talking ball on a daily basis, the local comp, the NBA and then after a while Aussie rules footy as well. This continued for 6 months, until one day he waltzes in and tells me he has been offered a short term contract in the NBA with the Spurs after the lockout shortened season. I say dont worry mate I will follow as many games as I can (back then bugger all web coverage and I got the scores out of the very bowels of the news paper usually 2 days late, and getting mags as imports from the US. By the time he was back from the states with a ring on his finger, i had finished my study and was on my way to work at the VIS and eventually the AIS. Some years later when I ran into him at a youth carnival and he instantly remembered me and we chewed the fat for 20 minutes about his time in the NBA, by this stage also I had become a staunch Spurs man and he solidified this decision telling me about how fantastic a person David Robinson was and how much he had learnt about basketball from Pop (Amazing since Gazes dad had coached the Australian national team since the 60's Gaze quite literally grew up in a gym)

I love the Spurs more than just about anything (except my Bombers) I coach now myself and run some SA offence I get my kids to call out sets using the names of old spurs from days gone by, Gervin, Admiral, Silas. I run the sets, but I also to teach my kids to play with the Spurs team first ethos.

Cheers Gazey, bugger all people in the states probably remember you but you made a local a spurs fan for life.

spurspokesman
01-29-2013, 03:39 PM
Are you in a sea of Celtics fans perchance?

More knicks than celtics.

PASpursGuy
01-29-2013, 05:41 PM
Where in PA if you don't mind me asking???

PASpursGuy
01-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Live in PA also; born, raised in SA - in fact was a season ticket holder until I moved in '05.

In Europe this summer; ran into a guy sporting Duncan jersey in Sienna, Italy; talked to him for a little while; native Italian, became a fan of Manu - followed him, now die hard Spurs guy. BTW - Sienna is a GREAT stop; not so touristy as other towns in Italy; but damned unique.

thefuture
01-29-2013, 10:51 PM
From Maryland, became a Spurs fan when I started closely following the NBA in Gary Neal's rookie year. I had followed him some while he was at Towson and when he signed with the Spurs I started becoming a spurs fan. Only one from MD i know of.

#1spursfanNvegas
01-29-2013, 11:29 PM
spurs fan here in Vegas, been a fan since Timmy was drafted.. only Spurs fan i know here are my wife and my kids! watched 2 home games and 1 away game so far, 2011 mia @ spurs game, where red rocket burned the heat with all those 3's, clips spurs in 03/2012 when the spurs lost, and spurs @clips game 3 of the playoffs where they came back from 20 down..planning on being in SA for the OKC game this march! cant wait! hope to see yall there!

FireMicoHalili
01-30-2013, 12:51 AM
Manila, Philippimes. Fan since '97.

Vito
01-30-2013, 03:21 AM
From Kiev, Ukraine. There are few basketball fans in our country. Everydody likes soccer it is the major sport for us. NBA fans are very uncommon thing ;).

SilverSpur
02-02-2013, 11:51 PM
I'm from Bakersfield California two hours north of L.A.
I see a few around town at sports bars. At work two years ago we had several there at one time. It was funny to see, cause I was the only one for years and then like seven of us just out of no where show up. Now it's back to just me and all these sorry Laker losers. Funny how they have nothing to say this year. GO SPURS!

BillMc
02-03-2013, 05:58 AM
I split my time between Kharkov, Ukraine, Riga, Latvia and Las Vegas (with a little Washington D.C. thrown in). So, if there are anybody in those areas let me know...

KenziE
02-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Manila, Philippimes. Fan since '97.

hahaha i like your name dude ....

spursnatic
02-03-2013, 01:28 PM
I live in Oklahoma City, OK and have been a SPURS Fan for many years!!..Over here there are mostly fans of the Tunder, mostly Banwaggon Fans though...Also there are quite a few Laker Fans..I haven't seen too many SPURS Fans here at all

iminol
02-03-2013, 01:38 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-A1UiByY8bcM/T0eFjfp9c2I/AAAAAAAABME/w_XUN_VWDDs/s1600/skanuj0001.jpg

mercos
02-03-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm in Alabama, born and raised, and I have to be one of only a handful of Spurs fans in the state. Basketball is just not that big here in general, though. Only thing people care about here is Alabama Crimson Tide football. As for me, I was a Chicago Bulls front running fan as a child, mostly through collecting basketball cards. Really got into the NBA in 1995-96, watching every game that came on TV. Followed the Bulls through their second three peat. I had always been a big fan of David Robinson too, so when the Bulls broke up I switched over to the Spurs in 1999. Haven't looked back since.

rascal
02-03-2013, 05:57 PM
From Kiev, Ukraine. There are few basketball fans in our country. Everydody likes soccer it is the major sport for us. NBA fans are very uncommon thing ;).

Kiev was voted as having the most beautiful women in the world.

EJFischer
02-03-2013, 06:28 PM
I was a San Antonio resident for 26 years, but I'm currently in Iowa City for graduate school. Over the holidays I picked up one of the new alternate jerseys, and I fully intend to teach a class wearing it. Maybe tomorrow, in celebration of Tim's undamaged knee.

TXstbobcat
02-03-2013, 07:26 PM
I lived in Austin most of my life but I now live in Minneapolis. I will be at the game at the target center on Wednesday supporting the spurs.

Timmy4ever
02-03-2013, 08:59 PM
From Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar. Fan since 1999.

mrjap2x
02-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Living in the Philippines, following the spurs since 2003 (2003WCF)

cnyc3
02-03-2013, 11:27 PM

Vancouver BC

Probably 1 of the 5 wearing the jersey

Manu's Bald Spot
02-04-2013, 01:00 AM
Grew up in NY/CT area and have been a spurs fan all my life. Now that I live in Manhattan, let's just say there aren't too many places to go watch a Spurs game with spurs fans...

If anybody does live in NYC and know of a bar to watch spurs games with fans, please let me know. Otherwise, it's just me in my apt with my League Pass

Vito
02-04-2013, 03:48 AM
Kiev was voted as having the most beautiful women in the world.yeah, so there are so many sex-tourists from arabic countries.

Toni61
02-04-2013, 05:08 AM
From Germany near Frankfurt since 96 die Hard Fan over 20 Jersey and over 600 games on DVD

BobaFett1
02-04-2013, 06:47 AM
Live in Missouri and loved Spurs since I saw them play in 1994 live. Enjoy team ball with no egos.

101A
02-04-2013, 09:32 AM

Indiana

Rummpd
02-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Live in DC where you do see Spurs shirts and fans at games and routinely drive to NJ or Philly to catch a Spurs game if I miss the Wizards event each year. I have watched or listened to the Spurs as a former Army doc in remote places such as Russia, GE and Panama and driving cross country at night in the US trying to pull in that beast of station, 1200 and sometimes getting it as far away as Georgia or NY. A highlight was seeing a well played Euro game in Vilnius, Lithuania in 2003, and striking up a conversation with near 7 foot fan wearing a Spurs warm up jersey sitting a row in front of me. It turned out to be an injured Spurs draft choice, Robertas Javtokas, who sadly never played for the Spurs after his bad motorcycle accident. Robertas spoke pretty good English and was very approachable, and had an absolutely stunning and very tall lady sitting with him who had on a Lithuanian team jersey of some sort.

Blizzardwizard
02-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Basketball is an ever growing sport here in England. I've never met another spurs fan though. It's your usual Lakers/Heat/Celtics fans. Never met a Thunder fan either.

Newton
02-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Minneapolis resident. I initially became a Spurs fan because I was at Wake Forest when TD was. The more I followed, though, the more I became a complete fan of the organization.

smaka
02-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Slovenia :toast