PDA

View Full Version : All star question

Pedobear1
01-27-2013, 10:43 PM
If a player is selected as an All Star Game starter (lets use KG as example here, hypothetical)

KG is starter in the East
KG gets traded to a Western conference team tomorrow
Does KG become a reserve? Or is he out?

look_at_g_shred
01-27-2013, 10:50 PM
Good question. I think he doesn't make the team at all tbh.

Pedobear1
01-27-2013, 11:25 PM
Any1 know?

chapnis
01-27-2013, 11:31 PM
I think a similar think happened with Carmelo Anthony... if I remember correctly he was voted as a starter in the West and then selected as a reserve in the East.

EDIT: Never mind, he was traded 2 days after the ASG.

What I wanna know is who coaches if Pop is sick.

Dex
01-27-2013, 11:43 PM
I think a similar think happened with Carmelo Anthony... if I remember correctly he was voted as a starter in the West and then selected as a reserve in the East.

I imagine David Stern would decide, like he does for player replacements. And he would probably just pick the coach of the next winningest team. Or just go with Mike D'Antoni.

Obstructed_View
01-28-2013, 12:45 PM
Didn't Iverson get to play for the west when he got traded to Denver? I'm pretty sure he did.

FromWayDowntown
01-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Didn't Iverson get to play for the west when he got traded to Denver? I'm pretty sure he did.

He was traded pretty early in the season and votes for him counted in West balloting, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't voted in by the fans and was, instead, a coaches selection. At that, he was hurt and didn't ultimately play in the game.

timvp
01-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Yeah, it happened to somebody recently. If a starter on the East gets traded to the West, he goes to the game as a Western Conference reserve. And, IIRC, Stern then selects a replacement player for the East. I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Obstructed_View
01-28-2013, 01:02 PM
He was traded pretty early in the season and votes for him counted in West balloting, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't voted in by the fans and was, instead, a coaches selection. At that, he was hurt and didn't ultimately play in the game.

It was Christmas when he was traded, so that's a couple of weeks before all star voting ends, right?

Phenomanul
01-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Yeah, it happened to somebody recently. If a starter on the East gets traded to the West, he goes to the game as a Western Conference reserve. And, IIRC, Stern then selects a replacement player for the East. I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

So then the West team would end up with 13 members (in this scenario)?

DMC
01-28-2013, 03:55 PM
No, a Spur automatically gets ousted.

Obstructed_View
01-28-2013, 05:24 PM
No, a Spur automatically gets ousted.

Actually, I think Parker got selected when Iverson couldn't play.

cd021
01-28-2013, 10:41 PM

Pop turn down a chance to fuck with Stern? Not likely.:lol

Obstructed_View
01-29-2013, 08:03 AM
If Pop's still sick by the all star break, the more important question becomes who coaches the Spurs for the rest of the season.

racm
01-29-2013, 08:13 AM
If Pop's still sick by the all star break, the more important question becomes who coaches the Spurs for the rest of the season.

Coach Bud is undefeated tbh

boutons_deux
01-29-2013, 09:48 AM
Lots of Machiavellian/CIA Pop possibilities with Pop's sickout. :lol

Obstructed_View
01-29-2013, 09:48 AM
Coach Bud is undefeated tbh

lol tbh