PDA

View Full Version : NBA Trade Machine - Potential Trades

BatManu20
01-28-2013, 01:17 AM
I've been thinking about possible trades before the deadline. Not sure we're even looking to make a trade but I figure our phone line is at least always open. A lot of you guys know better than I do whether or not a trade like these is even realistic.

But, with that said, I did a couple hypotheticals with JAX being the trade component. All 3 are possible, but not probable. Here they are:

JAX (& draft picks) for Marcin Gortat (only 1 year left on his contract; gives us another athletic big man who finishes well around the rim)

JAX (& draft picks) for Kevin Garnett (Boston might be dismantling with Rondo out; Timmy might not like it, but can you imagine the front court with these 2? Highly unlikely though)

JAX (& draft picks) for Paul Millsap (another solid, athletic big who can shoot the mid-range J)

*You can add Blair, Bonner, or Joseph to any of these trades and they still work.

I think any of these 3, however unlikely, would make our team better, and we'd be foolish not to at least entertain these ideas. Especially with how poorly JAX has been playing as of late. His expiring contract is good shopping bait.

I welcome any and all feedback.

jeebus
01-28-2013, 01:18 AM
might wanna rethink those links

jestersmash
01-28-2013, 01:20 AM
Without even seeing the trades I'm going to go out on a limb here and say '[im]probable' is the understatement of the century if we're talking about making Stephen Jackson the centerpiece. Expiring contracts don't have nearly as much pull as fans think.

BatManu20
01-28-2013, 01:25 AM
Without even seeing the trades I'm going to go out on a limb here and say '[im]probable' is the understatement of the century if we're talking about making Stephen Jackson the centerpiece. Expiring contracts don't have nearly as much pull as fans think.

Teams like PHX (and potentially Boston) who are in rebuilding mode often welcome expiring contracts if it means they can dump their bigger ones as well.

jestersmash
01-28-2013, 01:27 AM
After seeing the trades my opinion hasn't changed one bit. In fact I probably feel more strongly about the improbability of those trade scenarios. There's not a single good reason why Phoenix, Boston, or Utah would take on Stephen Jackson in return for those players. It's beyond absurd.

TDMVPDPOY
01-28-2013, 01:29 AM
jax might be inconsistent, but u are trading away a guy who actually gives a damn about winning at all costs...

Mel_13
01-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Teams like PHX (and potentially Boston) who are in rebuilding mode often welcome expiring contracts if it means they can dump their bigger ones as well.

Even if they're looking to reduce future obligations, they're going to want real assets in addition to the expiring contract. Specifically, draft picks and good players on rookie scale contracts. Neither Gortat nor Garnett will be moved in a straight salary dump.

AussieFanKurt
01-28-2013, 01:32 AM
this threads are just dumb as fuck. we may as well start one Fuck Vaughn, Get Lebron

jestersmash
01-28-2013, 01:34 AM
Even if they're looking to reduce future obligations, they're going to want real assets in addition to the expiring contract. Specifically, draft picks and good players on rookie scale contracts. Neither Gortat nor Garnett will be moved in a straight salary dump.

^ What he said. Jackson as the centerpiece won't do it. They're going to want proven, valuable assets in addition.

BatManu20
01-28-2013, 01:34 AM
this threads are just dumb as fuck. we may as well start one Fuck Vaughn, Get Lebron

Then ignore it.. Problem solved. It costs you nothing, pay it no mind.

freetiago
01-28-2013, 01:42 AM
Spurs frontcourt is actually fine now that Splitter is playing bigger minutes
in the playoffs theyll likely be playing a 3 man rotation of Duncan/Splitter/Diaw and maybe Baynes if he proves he can be a quality 5-10 min backup C
Diaw im a little worried about his passiveness but i think hell bring it in the playoffs and his ability to facilitate after parker was trapped in pick and rolls was really helpful

Spurs in reality need more backcourt players oddly
Green is too inconsistent and not talented enough to even make layups consistently
also gets torched too much if anything he has to defend involves a screen, and this guy is a SG where basically every player is an offball guy who uses screens
Jack is a TOSB who cant defend any backcourt players
Manu is always a question mark health wise

id feel better about the team if they could bring in another guy who could guard the Durants/Lebrons like Mbah a Moute
and the backup point guard is a mess

TJastal
01-28-2013, 02:00 AM
Spurs frontcourt is actually fine now that Splitter is playing bigger minutes
in the playoffs theyll likely be playing a 3 man rotation of Duncan/Splitter/Diaw and maybe Baynes if he proves he can be a quality 5-10 min backup C
Diaw im a little worried about his passiveness but i think hell bring it in the playoffs and his ability to facilitate after parker was trapped in pick and rolls was really helpful

Spurs in reality need more backcourt players oddly
Green is too inconsistent and not talented enough to even make layups consistently
also gets torched too much if anything he has to defend involves a screen, and this guy is a SG where basically every player is an offball guy who uses screens
Jack is a TOSB who cant defend any backcourt players
Manu is always a question mark health wise

id feel better about the team if they could bring in another guy who could guard the Durants/Lebrons like Mbah a Moute
and the backup point guard is a mess

Wasn't that why the spurs traded up to get that guy... gosh what's his name... Kowwi or Kowli or somethin...

DapDaGenius
01-28-2013, 02:03 AM
Jackson wants to retire a Spur, I'd hate for us to trade him. But wait...didn't he say something about retiring after this or next season?

freetiago
01-28-2013, 02:08 AM
Spurs need another elite mobile small forward more then a big
leonard is solid but hes also really overrated
hes not quick laterally and he also has trouble guarding screens
hes good at defending post up and iso guys though

knowing pop he wont adjust his defensive schemes and well get torched from mid range all series again
a guy like mbah a moute is mobile enough to help out on defense and get out and contest the mid range
he also can switch everything from 1-4 and guard them
switching seems to be the only way to counter pick and roll these days unless you have a freak of nature mobile defensive minded 7 footer like an andre drummond or tyson chandler

spurraider21
01-28-2013, 02:17 AM
Keep Jax. He will be useful in the playoffs as a guy who isn't scared of big moments or big shots. In addition, instead of talking about how valuable his expiring contract would be to trade partners, think about how valuable it is for US...

Darkwaters
01-28-2013, 02:25 AM
Ahh, trade threads.

Tis the season.

PingPong
01-28-2013, 11:13 AM
S Jax + Bonner + Green for Lebron James.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bze2pbq

:angel

look_at_g_shred
01-28-2013, 12:35 PM
S Jax + Bonner + Green for Lebron James.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bze2pbq

:angel
Hahahahahaha