PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Bosh: I've been a Hall of Famer like four years ago

ambchang
01-28-2013, 02:51 PM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/chris-bosh-thinks-hall-fame-candidacy-more-less-140202345--nba.html

Most hilarious.

Discuss.

whitemamba
01-28-2013, 02:53 PM
doubt most people agree with him

Chris
01-28-2013, 03:02 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Chris-Bosh.gif

callo1
01-28-2013, 03:04 PM
Delusional

whitemamba
01-28-2013, 03:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8YJTfkJHg4

jeebus
01-28-2013, 03:12 PM
http://i5.minus.com/ijCwUa.jpg

spurraider21
01-28-2013, 03:15 PM
there was never a time i thought "wow chris bosh is one of the 5 best players in the league." and until he joined miami i never thought to myself "this guy is gna have rings when its all said and done"

i know those are just my thoughts and aren't exactly quantifiable, but doesn't pass the smell test for the HOF

Spur_Fanatic
01-28-2013, 03:21 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR51yUzyxesarCkPTMihhNluhaXybYT5 gnKk7ycqHtiLXIq1lxqgg

stretch
01-28-2013, 03:22 PM
I've always thought he had the talent and ability to be one. But never played like he was one. Not sure if its mental, or a lack of work ethic.

However, he did take some pretty awful Raptors teams to the playoffs, so who knows?

irishock
01-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Would've been one had he stayed in Toronto as the #1 option throughout his career, averaging about 23-10 per game for the rest of his prime. The HOF rewards loyal players. Oh well, dumbass wanted the publicity and the rings.

DeadlyDynasty
01-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Would've been one had he stayed in Toronto as the #1 option throughout his career, averaging about 23-10 per game for the rest of his prime. The HOF rewards loyal players. Oh well, dumbass wanted the publicity and the rings.

He's dumb for wanting to live in a (near) tropical climate and win rings? How many bad takes can you fit into a 24 hour window?:rollin

irishock
01-28-2013, 03:35 PM
He's dumb for wanting to live in a (near) tropical climate and win rings? How many bad takes can you fit into a 24 hour window?:rollin

Read my post in context. Didn't mean he was an idiot for heading to Miami. He's an idiot because he thinks he's a HOFer after leaving for Miami.

http://www.englishforeveryone.org/Topics/Reading-Comprehension.htm

Killakobe81
01-28-2013, 03:48 PM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/chris-bosh-thinks-hall-fame-candidacy-more-less-140202345--nba.html

Most hilarious.

Discuss.

that is why the coaches selecting him for the ASG over more deserving candidates is silly. Him making the last 4 gives him delusions of greatness he is very good but he is not even all nba ...let alone HOF material ..

DPG21920
01-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Bosh has been & continues to be pretty underrated by ST. With regards to the HOF, doubtful.

Clipper Nation
01-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Bosh isn't a Hall of Famer, maybe a Hall of Very Good type guy at best, but he's got the right attitude here.... any player worth their salt should be confident enough to believe they should be in the Hall tbh...

Brunodf
01-28-2013, 04:08 PM
:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Read my post in context. Didn't mean he was an idiot for heading to Miami. He's an idiot because he thinks he's a HOFer after leaving for Miami.

http://www.englishforeveryone.org/Topics/Reading-Comprehension.htm

Being the 3rd wheel on a team that wins multiple championships is more likely to lead to a HOF career than repeatedly leading a crappy team to a 7th/8th seed and getting bounced in the 1st round.

He's not a HOFer, but him staying in Toronto wouldn't have changed that.

LkrFan
01-28-2013, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8YJTfkJHg4
:rollin :lmao :rollin

LkrFan
01-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Bosh isn't a Hall of Famer, maybe a Hall of Very Good type guy at best, but he's got the right attitude here.... any player worth their salt should be confident enough to believe they should be in the Hall tbh...
Agreed, but I'd take her over Griffin 24/7/365 tbh.

Clipper Nation
01-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Agreed, but I'd take her over Griffin 24/7/365 tbh.
Fine by me, you can have her :lol

TIMMYtoZO
01-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Bosh for HOF? Probably not unless he explodes as a 2nd option rather than sharing that role with Wade. With that being said, he has really improved his D since joining the Heat. He steps up in the playoffs and has been vital to Miami's success.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-28-2013, 04:19 PM
Fairly insane statement. There's obviously no hard and fast rules but just limiting his body of work to his Toronto career is silly. Not long enough to be in the same class as even as guys like Ewing who didn't win rings, without any decent playoff runs like contemporaries with similiar stats like Amare or Boozer (neither of which I'd call HOF caliber either). If he's going to get in at all it would be more like guys like Worthy or Rodman, not necessarily great players but good ones who were something special on some great teams, so cutting off his resume pre Miami is just as nuts. I will vote for this being the stupidest thing I've heard all day, so he's got that superlative going for him.

DMC
01-28-2013, 04:23 PM
So is every team's franchise player always a "HOFer"?

JohnnyMax
01-28-2013, 04:24 PM
2m60EHNzZws

whitemamba
01-28-2013, 04:26 PM
So is every team's franchise player always a "HOFer"?

actually a good question tbh

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Definitely a HOFer. He's the only living Velociraptor to date. National treasure tbh.

irishock
01-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Being the 3rd wheel on a team that wins multiple championships is more likely to lead to a HOF career than repeatedly leading a crappy team to a 7th/8th seed and getting bounced in the 1st round.

18/8 maximum for the rest of his career as a poor man's Rodman = better chance than 24/11 for maybe 7 prime years?

ambchang
01-28-2013, 04:36 PM
PFs in recent years who are borderline HoF guys, but will get in before Bosh:
Chris Webber
Shawn Kemp
Pau Gasol

PFs who are similar to Bosh's chances of making HoF (these may be players who were rated lower because they didn't get to ring-chase with Lebron James, but they were, at least at some points in their career, better than or equal to Bosh at his best, and I doubt any of them can make the HoF):
Larry Johnson
Antonio McDyess
Jermaine O'Neal
Elton Brand
Carlos Boozer
Zach Randolph

PFs who will likely have a better chance to get in HoF than Bosh:
Blake Griffin
LaMarcus Aldridge
Kevin Love

DeadlyDynasty
01-28-2013, 04:38 PM
18/8 maximum for the rest of his career as a poor man's Rodman = better chance than 24/11 for maybe 7 prime years?

Yes, especially since he would've never won a playoff series while in Toronto.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-28-2013, 04:39 PM

He averaged 24 PPG once on Toronto and never averaged 11 boards, so idk where the scenario that he'd average 24/11 for 7 years came from. His averages were closer to 22/10.

And yeah, putting up 18/8 on a team that wins multiple championships is a more impressive HOF resume than 22/10 (0r 24/11) on a team that barely makes/misses the playoffs every year.

irishock
01-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Yes, especially since he would've never won a playoff series while in Toronto.
Are you sure? This is the Eastern Conf. we're talking about.

Killakobe81
01-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Going to Miami was better for his chances ...

But come on, if he is a HOF AT THIS STAGE much less 4 years ago then CWebb and Kemp (like amb said earlier ...gosh he and I are agreeing again ...wtf?!) should be shoo-ins ...

Captivus
01-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Player (per 36min - Career)
PPG
RPG
BPG
APG

Duncan

Garnett

Amare

Bosh

I dont know if this guy is or isnt a HOF, but the fact that he says he is, is disturbing...

01-28-2013, 05:27 PM
HOF is so easy to get into. bosh will probably make it in.

Koolaid_Man
01-28-2013, 05:52 PM

Most hilarious.

Discuss.

I agree with Bosh...He's Hall of Fame Material and he has a ring....Bosh > Pau all day long....Lebron needs these kind of players to take him to that next level....Kobe won back to back without HOF players...Bynum had shit knees and we all know Pau won't get in...

the only HOF player that Kobe rang with is Shaq...Lebron needed 2 - Wade and Bosh..what a sucker man :lol what a sucker

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2013, 05:53 PM
HOFer to me must at least have 4 in this list.

MVP of some sort (All Star doesn't count)
National title
World title
Solo cover with Sports Illustrated
Outstanding Scoring numbers (career totals)
Outstanding assist numbers (career totals)
Outstanding rebounding numbers (career totals)
Olympic gold medal
A career defining NBA game
Global icon

Clipper Nation
01-28-2013, 05:59 PM
Lebron needs these kind of players to take him to that next level....
Wrong... he took some absolute scrubs to the Finals and numerous 60-win seasons in Cleveland....

Kobe won back to back without HOF players... Bynum had shit knees and we all know Pau won't get in...
Pau has a very good chance at getting in once you factor in his international career, as well as his performance in carrying Kirby on his back to two rings and getting none of the credit, tbh...

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2013, 06:02 PM
I agree with Bosh...He's Hall of Fame Material and he has a ring....Bosh > Pau all day long....Lebron needs these kind of players to take him to that next level....Kobe won back to back without HOF players...Bynum had shit knees and we all know Pau won't get in...

the only HOF player that Kobe rang with is Shaq...Lebron needed 2 - Wade and Bosh..what a sucker man :lol what a sucker

There's something wrong with you man. You need to see a psychiatrist of some sort. Gasol is a HOF'er.

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2013, 06:09 PM
HOF'er criteria by fans has changed dramatically throughout the years. I remember then players that totally shaped the game were the only candidates. Kareem, Jordan, Pippen, Olajuwon, Rodman, Bird, Magic, Dr. J for examples are the golden standard of what a HOF should be made of.

Now we have people saying Vince Carter, Bosh, Webber, Kemp, Ray Allen as HOF worthy? What the hell is this?

In this generation, you can only name a few HOF'er that really belongs in this list.

1.Duncan
2.Kobe
3.Garnett
4.Shaq
5.Yao
6.Manu
7.P. Gasol
8. Lebron
9. Pierce
10. Dirk
11. Wade

The rest are pretenders.

stretch
01-28-2013, 06:11 PM

Kind of like Tony Parker likely now making the hall of fame being the third best player on a team that won multiple championships, behind Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili. Very good player, but probably not hall of fame on his own.

apalisoc_9
01-28-2013, 06:17 PM
HOF'er criteria by fans has changed dramatically throughout the years. I remember then players that totally shaped the game were the only candidates. Kareem, Jordan, Pippen, Olajuwon, Rodman, Bird, Magic, Dr. J for examples are the golden standard of what a HOF should be made of.

Now we have people saying Vince Carter, Bosh, Webber, Kemp, Ray Allen as HOF worthy? What the hell is this?

In this generation, you can only name a few HOF'er that really belongs in this list.

1.Duncan
2.Kobe
3.Garnett
4.Shaq
5.Yao
6.Manu
7.P. Gasol
8. Lebron
9. Pierce
10. Dirk
11. Wade

The rest are pretenders.

YAO?

Not sure if srs.

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2013, 06:20 PM
YAO?

Not sure if srs.
Yao is a Hof like it or not. He was Jeremy Lin x 10 in both impact and performance. No one in China even knew what a basketball is. He simply helped the league gain worldwide exposure that hasnt been done since Jordan played for the Bulls.

DMC
01-28-2013, 06:22 PM

Jumped the Shark Two Years Ago_Man; Lebron takes others to the next level with him, unlike Kobe who's team cannot win unless he stops shooting.

Clipper Nation
01-28-2013, 06:23 PM
1.Duncan
2.Kobe
3.Garnett
4.Shaq
5.CP3
6.Manu
7.P. Gasol
8. Lebron
9. Pierce
10. Dirk
11. Wade

The rest are pretenders.

fify

Koolaid_Man
01-28-2013, 06:29 PM
There's something wrong with you man. You need to see a psychiatrist of some sort. Gasol is a HOF'er.

^only in the minds of those who aspire to compete in the special Olympics....

listen son you need to recognize....round here they call me Koolchango...

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2013, 06:30 PM
CP3 may be in the HOF but he doesn't have the credentials yet.

People have selective memories or are simply too young to comprehend. Understandably, he had a short lived career but Yao was bigger than anybody else both in stature and cultural brand.

After Yao became the Rockets center, companies competed with each other to build a partnership with NBA. In the history of Chinese sports, there had never been a person as successful as Yao Ming. Because of Yao Ming, NBA has built a strongest cultural bond with China that has never been seen in other markets, and China has become the largest foreign market for the NBA.

Forbes came out with an estimate amount of money Yao has helped brought to the league. It was easily around the $650 million mark.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/images/covers/asia/2005/20051114_400.jpg

Koolaid_Man
01-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Jumped the Shark Two Years Ago_Man; Lebron takes others to the next level with him, unlike Kobe who's team cannot win unless he stops shooting.

^ puh-lease go sell that snake oil to someone else..that nigga (as the best baller alive and the man who owns the NBA) couldn't even take Lauren Perdue to the cafeteria for a fucking hamburger, fries, and a shake...:lol

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201817

Koolaid_Man
01-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Wrong... he took some absolute scrubs to the Finals and numerous 60-win seasons in Cleveland....

Pau has a very good chance at getting in once you factor in his international career, as well as his performance in carrying Kirby on his back to two rings and getting none of the credit, tbh...

getting to the finals in the east doesn't really count :lol.....he never had to get past the Stacked Suns, Mavs, or Spurs Dynasty

Hoops Czar
01-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Yao is a Hof like it or not. He was Jeremy Lin x 10 in both impact and performance. No one in China even knew what a basketball is. He simply helped the league gain worldwide exposure that hasnt been done since Jordan played for the Bulls.

He's played only 4 season of which he played 60 or more games. Being a great ambassador for the game doesn't give you a free pass to the hall. If you're going to allow players like Yao in, then your going to have to build a bigger hall to let in all those players with comparable numbers. He played a total of 486 games in eight seasons.

Btw, Ray Allen definitely makes the hall, not too sure about Manu and Gasol.

racm
01-28-2013, 06:45 PM

It's not really his fault Colangelo surrounded him with bozos like Bustnani and Cal'eron, tbh.

racm
01-28-2013, 06:46 PM
He's played only 4 season of which he played 60 or more games. Being a great ambassador for the game doesn't give you a free pass to the hall. If you're going to allow players like Yao in, then your going to have to build a bigger hall to let in all those players with comparable numbers. He played a total of 486 games in eight seasons.

Manu's chances improved when he upset Team USA (watch as BRPelican crows about Duncan not being a leader :lol ) and won a gold, tbh

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2013, 06:48 PM
^ puh-lease go sell that snake oil to someone else..that nigga (as the best baller alive and the man who owns the NBA) couldn't even take Lauren Perdue to the cafeteria for a fucking hamburger, fries, and a shake...:lol

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201817

I think this is where Kobe obviously has an advantage over Bron. Bron is a pansy who would be a gentleman and respect a womans request. Kobe has this remarkable killer instinct in any given situation. Kobe would trick that woman into entering his hotel room to see the city from his penthouse and once she's inside, Kobe would rough her up, jailhouse style

Clipper Nation
01-28-2013, 06:55 PM
CP3 may be in the HOF but he doesn't have the credentials yet.

Rookie of the Year
The REAL 2007-08 NBA MVP (fuck Kirby's pity/lifetime achievement award), may finally get awarded the MVP this season
Two Olympic gold medals
2x All-NBA First Team
2x All-Defensive First Team (2x Second Team)
2x NBA assists leader
4x NBA steals leader
1st among active players in career regular season assists per game (3rd all-time behind only Stockton and Magic)
1st among active players in career postseason assists per game (again, 3rd all-time behind only Stockton and Magic)
2nd all-time in career regular season assist percentage (only behind Stockton)
3rd all-time in career regular season steals per game (behind Alvin Robertson and Micheal Ray Richardson)
7th all-time in career regular season PER
Best career offensive rating in NBA history
Only player other than John Stockton to post a top-6 season in history in assist percentage
BBRef similarity scores include Jerry West, Magic Johnson, and John Stockton
BBRef gives him a 90% chance of being inducted in the Hall of Fame

How is that not a good enough resume but Yao's is? :lol

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2013, 07:00 PM

This is whats wrong with today's crowd. Ray Allen is a sure HOF'er but Manu and Gasol are not?

Fellas, this is not an NBA HOF. Its comprised of the greatest basketball figures around the world.

Gasol and Manu's international resume alone makes Ray Allen's weak in comparison. I agree Ray Allen will eventually get in but he's not first ballot and it will take a while before he's inducted. Ray Allen is a class act however and he has that 3 Point Leader under his belt, so its understandable.

Back to Yao. Again, its not black and white as it seems. Its not the amount of games a player has under his belt. HOF goes deeper than that. Dick Vitale is in there not because he's the most credible analyst or commentator. Arvydas Sabonis was a a butt of jokes in the NBA during his tenure. But he's in. Why? Because he's a legend in Europe. I'd like to think Yao brought the same amount of impact to the game of basketball and this is coming from someone who never truly appreciates Yao's game.

apalisoc_9
01-28-2013, 07:01 PM

Basketball was already a popular sport in china even before Yao Ming, and the numbers hasn't drastically changed at all. Basketball trails Soccer by a big margin in china, but it has always been the second most popular team sport in CHINA.

StrengthAndHonor
Hey, you pretending to be a lifelong Clippers fan/LoyVaught's # 1 fan :lol. Stop trolling the thread and bring something with substance.

StrengthAndHonor
Basketball was already a popular sport in china even before Yao Ming, and the numbers hasn't drastically changed at all. Basketball trails Soccer by a big margin in china, but it has always been the second most popular team sport in CHINA.

Proof? Do you know how many Chinese station airs NBA Live before Yao became an NBA player? Do you know how many sponsors the South East Asian sponsors the NBA has pre Yao Ming?

Yeah, you dont...

Clipper Nation
01-28-2013, 07:05 PM
Hey, you pretending to be a lifelong Clippers fan/LoyVaught's # 1 fan :lol.
:lol Bandwagon Lakerfaggot who ditched the Clippers the minute the Lakers won a game

Stop trolling the thread and bring something with substance.
How am I trolling? CP3 is one of the all-time great point guards in this league, and you're saying his "credentials" (which I posted) don't stack up in comparison to those of Yao fucking Ming :lmao

But I guess shit takes are to be expected from the dumbass who also brought us "Bynum never played in the Finals" and "The 2008-09 Magic were a 5th seed when they went to the Finals" :lol

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2013, 07:08 PM
You're retarded man. Seriously. Get a fucking education or something.

Clipper Nation
01-28-2013, 07:14 PM

Yao Ming:

Didn't win Rookie of the Year
Never made All-NBA First Team
Never won MVP or even deserved to
Zero Olympic medals
Not even top 250 all time in career rebounds per game, not even top 95 in career blocks per game
486 games in eight seasons

Yep, some resume, definitely better than CP3's... :lmao

I don't give a fuck about how much money he made for the league in China..... he most certainly isn't a Hall of Famer based on his NBA career.... international careers are just the cherry on top of an HOF resume, they can't be the whole thing :lol

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Just stupid, whatver floats your whimsical boat dude. More power to you.

Clipper Nation
01-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Just stupid, whatver floats your whimsical boat dude. More power to you.

So basically you know full well that your take is shitty and you want to drop the subject real quick :lol

How is it "stupid" to say that CP3's had a better career than Yao?

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2013, 07:47 PM
What you fail to comprehend is this is not just about numbers and NBA career. Theres a reason why players like Artis Gilmore, Adrian Dantley etc didnt immediately made it while newer generation of players were inducted before them ,despite of their strong career numbers.

Theres a reason why Sabonis and Petrovic are in and why Rodman almost didn't made it. Again, this is not about numbers. CP3 will make it but at this point, its not guaranteed. He has no international credentials and his NBA career to date is not HOF worthy. An MVP award may put him but until this happens, his chances at thisn point is iffy.

RobbyH
01-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Hey clips fans

http://www.hoopsfix.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Blake-Griffin-Terrible-3-Pointer-Warriors-Bench-Mocks.png

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-28-2013, 08:09 PM
It's not really his fault Colangelo surrounded him with bozos like Bustnani and Cal'eron, tbh.

That's irrelevant to what I said tbh

Leetonidas
01-28-2013, 08:20 PM
Kind of like Tony Parker likely now making the hall of fame being the third best player on a team that won multiple championships, behind Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili. Very good player, but probably not hall of fame on his own.
I don't know, he's got some impressive seasons, 5 All-Star nods, a few All-NBA selections, and he's the first Euro to win a FMVP (inb4 Boobie Gibson comments). I'd say the FMVP alone would get him in because he was the first foreigner to win one, imo

Clipper Nation
01-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Again, this is not about numbers.
Then what is it about? Your retarded "Sports Illustrated covers" criteria? :lol

CP3 will make it but at this point, its not guaranteed. He has no international credentials
:lmao Two Olympic gold medals and you're saying he has "no international credentials," okay then...

and his NBA career to date is not HOF worthy.
It absolutely is...

Mel_13
01-28-2013, 09:07 PM

It won't give Yao a free pass, but it may very well serve as the basis of his enshrinement:

Guidelines For Nomination and Election Into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame

ELIGIBILITY
Candidates must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for Enshrinement into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (hereafter BHOF):

Contributor: A person is eligible for Enshrinement as a contributor at any time for significant contributions to the game of basketball. What constitutes a "significant contribution" shall be determined by the BHOF, its Screening Committee(s) or Honors Committee(s).

Latarian Milton
01-28-2013, 09:10 PM
dude is a pivot for our team and if we continue to win 5 or more championships the coming years like we're expected to do, dude will be a locked HOF'er for the outstanding role he plays on our team. bosh is our #2 now and he for damn sure deserves to be a HOF'er as the #2 of a team that wins multiple championships tbh

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Sports Illustrated was obviously a joke. Get a fucking sense of humor. Olympic Medals in basketball tbh are honored as a whole team.

See 1960 and 1992 team

http://www.hoophall.com/hall-of-famers-index/

Using that as CP3's international credential is pretty weak considering he's not even the best player on those teams. :rolleyes

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2013, 09:22 PM
It won't give Yao a free pass, but it may very well serve as the basis of his enshrinement:

Guidelines For Nomination and Election Into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame

ELIGIBILITY
Candidates must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for Enshrinement into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (hereafter BHOF):

Contributor: A person is eligible for Enshrinement as a contributor at any time for significant contributions to the game of basketball. What constitutes a "significant contribution" shall be determined by the BHOF, its Screening Committee(s) or Honors Committee(s).

Well finally, someone gets it. The committee doesn't care if your favorite player has All Star Numbers. Its the HOF, not All NBA 1st team:lol

unforeseen
01-28-2013, 09:24 PM
TMac is closer to HOF status that Bosh right now. It can change if he wins 2 more championships. Even then, it would put him in the same category as Horace Grant.

scanry
01-28-2013, 09:26 PM
I think Bosh will be a second tier HOF like Rodman.

Koolaid_Man
01-28-2013, 09:28 PM

I know its late but ain't no one here but me, you and Clippa Nation. Go ahead and make him suck your dick. I won't say a gotdam word to anyone.

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2013, 09:31 PM
TMac is closer to HOF status that Bosh right now. It can change if he wins 2 more championships. Even then, it would put him in the same category as Horace Grant.

Tmac is not a HOF and he certainly isn't closer in the Hall than Bosh. Bosh at least has a championship ring. But the biggest knock on TMAC is how he ended his career. There was no prestige and frankly his attitude and work ethic will be a huge issue.

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2013, 09:38 PM
I know its late but ain't no one here but me, you and Clippa Nation. Go ahead and make him suck your dick. I won't say a gotdam word to anyone.

Nah. He's kinda stupid. He's probably one of those girls who doesn't know how to suck a dick. The type that looks at you, smiles grinds their teeth on your dick and ask you if shes doin it right. I want a dumb whore with a big mouth and a nasty stroke. You be the type of person tbh if you become a woman Kool. The type of girl everyone wants to gag to shut the fuck up.

apalisoc_9
01-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Proof? Do you know how many Chinese station airs NBA Live before Yao became an NBA player? Do you know how many sponsors the South East Asian sponsors the NBA has pre Yao Ming?

Yeah, you dont...

Proof? WTF...That's like saying you need proof if Mexico is a soccer nation. The only reason you think it went bigger ( although it probably did by a slight margin) is that you we're never exposed to chinese loving Basket all before Yao Ming...Basketball has always been huge in china.

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Motherfucker, you aint even from China and you talk this shit as if its a damn fact.

Just to give you a glimpse

"Almost certainly, Yao Ming has introduced more people to professional basketball, surely the NBA brand, than any one man in the history of the sport. While it's difficult to get exact ratings of the 39 NBA games broadcast in a season in China on CCTV (China Central television), the best available evidence is that approximately 200 million have frequently watched when the Rockets play, which is about one-third of the time. That's 195 million more than watch an NBA playoff game, on average. It's nearly two Super Bowls worth of eyeballs on any game. Or as former Rockets guard Sam Cassell (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=138) said, "Let's just say for the sake of arguing, its 50 million people. That means Yao attracts a major market all by himself. Actually, that's five major markets. And we all know it's a lot more people than that. It's hundreds of millions watching games for the whole time he's been in the league."

"It was true that NBA got popular in China since the Jordan Era early in the 1990s. However, back then most of the Chinese basketball fans were only interested in watching replayed Bulls games, the popularity of NBA did not drive too much consumer spending. Although NBA games were amazing to the Chinese people, the NBA league seemed to be far away from their life until Yao Ming built the bridge. For the first time, the Chinese fans found NBA could be so close to them. Chinese Network started playing live NBA games.

apalisoc_9
01-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Motherfucker, you aint even from China and you talk this shit as if its a damn fact.

I need to be from china to know about china ? WTF bro...?

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2013, 10:08 PM
I need to be from china to know about china ? WTF bro...?

In context? Yeah you should. I hear people say Kobe is huge in China, which is a lie. Outside of young people in the metro area, no one knows who Kobe is. So yeah, you need to stay connected to the country before you actually know what's going on there. Unlike the US who announces every move they make, China is a communist country that prides itself in keeping everything in house.

HarlemHeat37
01-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Bosh will be considered a HOFer following the 3rd title, tbh..

Hoops Czar
01-28-2013, 10:37 PM

ELIGIBILITY

Thanks. I was looking for guidelines and couldn't find them. Apparently, your not alone.......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=5-on-5-110712

This was prior to last year so Parker doesn't get rave reviews from the panel. I guess it's all but certainty that Lin is well on his way.

Hoops Czar
01-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Bosh will be considered a HOFer following the 3rd title, tbh..Don't you mean after he wins his sixth in seven years?

Koolaid_Man
01-28-2013, 10:47 PM
Nah. He's kinda stupid. He's probably one of those girls who doesn't know how to suck a dick. The type that looks at you, smiles grinds their teeth on your dick and ask you if shes doin it right. I want a dumb whore with a big mouth and a nasty stroke. You be the type of person tbh if you become a woman Kool. The type of girl everyone wants to gag to shut the fuck up.

^ sounds like you've at least pondered the thought....and seriously...:lol

unforeseen
01-29-2013, 06:57 AM
Tmac is not a HOF and he certainly isn't closer in the Hall than Bosh. Bosh at least has a championship ring. But the biggest knock on TMAC is how he ended his career. There was no prestige and frankly his attitude and work ethic will be a huge issue.

I never said Tmac is a HOFer. He would of definitely won a championship with James and Wade.

racm
01-29-2013, 07:41 AM
I don't know, he's got some impressive seasons, 5 All-Star nods, a few All-NBA selections, and he's the first Euro to win a FMVP (inb4 Boobie Gibson comments). I'd say the FMVP alone would get him in because he was the first foreigner to win one, imo

Isn't TP in select company as a player with 5 All-Star nods and 3 rings?

dunkman
01-29-2013, 07:49 AM
Bosh wasn't hof-er 4 years ago. He's now, though.

Ice009
01-29-2013, 07:51 AM
Bosh is nowhere near being a hall of fame player, especially 4 years ago. Is this guy high? Maybe if the Heat win another ring or two and he is a big part of it, otherwise, no, sorry Chris Bosh, you are nowhere near being a hall of fame player.

Killakobe81
01-29-2013, 09:28 AM
Bosh is nowhere near being a hall of fame player, especially 4 years ago. Is this guy high? Maybe if the Heat win another ring or two and he is a big part of it, otherwise, no, sorry Chris Bosh, you are nowhere near being a hall of fame player.

Well I am not not saying they are equal ... but many throw around the "Pau is a HOFer argument" when downgrading Kobe's success. Bosh will probably have a similar resume to Pau ...with similar stats and maybe more rings. if Pau gets in (even though he is a more skilled post-player) a case can be made for Bosh after I considered it without the 4 years ago statement.

I think Pau and Bosh will be borderline. PAu has a stronger international resume but Bosh did play int he Olympics too ... and if he stays with James will win more rings than Gasol. they also have similar numbers.

Funny thing is in the 80's and early 90's both guys are borderline all-stars not borderline HOF'ers ...no knock on either guy I love Pau when he is the "spainard" and not in Gasoft mode ...but the lack of viable bigs makes both guys cases stronger than they really are. As much flack as David RObinson takes for choking or getting destroyed by Hakeem in the playoffs, David did more as a single star big man then both these guys combined. Sure he didnt ring without Duncan ...but he at least won a playoff series before Tim got to SA ... neither Bosh or Pau could barely win games.

Ice009
01-29-2013, 09:59 AM
The difference is, the Lakers couldn't have won a Championship without Gasol. If he missed games in the playoffs then the Lakers would have been in trouble. Bosh last season missed games again two very good teams. The Celtics especially, were better than good, and the Heat didn't miss him all that much.

I say no to Bosh, but yes to Gasol as of right now. Pau has won a World Championship and done well internationally, Bosh was on a rebuilt Team USA, which wouldn't be as hard as winning with Spain, or say, Argentina.

That's not to say that Bosh can't or won't get there, but him saying he was in 4 years ago is some delusional joke.

I agree about the level of big men in the 80s and 90s in comparison to Bosh. D-Rob could have almost gotten the Spurs to the finals twice. The Spurs barely lost to the Blazers team that made the finals in his rookie season, so the Houston series wasn't his only chance to get there. He got way closer than Bosh ever did on the Raptors. He was, is, way above Bosh. Bosh couldn't get his team anywhere in a weak Eastern conference and D-Rob went up against a prime Olajuwon.

StrengthAndHonor
01-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Well I am not not saying they are equal ... but many throw around the "Pau is a HOFer argument" when downgrading Kobe's success. Bosh will probably have a similar resume to Pau ...with similar stats and maybe more rings. if Pau gets in (even though he is a more skilled post-player) a case can be made for Bosh after I considered it without the 4 years ago statement.

I think Pau and Bosh will be borderline. PAu has a stronger international resume but Bosh did play int he Olympics too ... and if he stays with James will win more rings than Gasol. they also have similar numbers.

Funny thing is in the 80's and early 90's both guys are borderline all-stars not borderline HOF'ers ...no knock on either guy I love Pau when he is the "spainard" and not in Gasoft mode ...but the lack of viable bigs makes both guys cases stronger than they really are. As much flack as David RObinson takes for choking or getting destroyed by Hakeem in the playoffs, David did more as a single star big man then both these guys combined. Sure he didnt ring without Duncan ...but he at least won a playoff series before Tim got to SA ... neither Bosh or Pau could barely win games.

Gasol would be even more of a lock if he played in the 80's or 90's. He'd be the best non Afrikaans player. In a league full of white stiffs, he'll stand out.

Calispursfan11
01-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Brazzers HOF maybe.

ambchang
01-29-2013, 11:24 AM
As a championship contributor, Pau Gasol had better stats than Bosh pretty much across the board; more points (slightly) rebounds, blocks, better shooting, better passing, it's really no contest.

As a lead man on a borderline playoff team, Bosh has better scoring, but Gasol has better everything else, and that is before you take into consideration of pace. In 2006, for example, Grizzlies were ranked 5th in pace at 86.3, while the Raptors were 26 at 91.1, that's about a 6% swing right there. 05 and 04 were similar, though not as drastic.

That said, Pau is a lock for HoF, and yes, mostly due to his international play, but also because of his role as a championship contributor. He was, at worst, the #2 on a 2 time champion, while Bosh, will be, at best a #3. If Bosh ever gets in, it will be like that of James Worthy, but Bosh has to really step up a few times in the playoffs like Big Game James did.

StrengthAndHonor
01-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Ambchang with the rare goods fwiw.

Killakobe81
01-29-2013, 11:53 AM
As a championship contributor, Pau Gasol had better stats than Bosh pretty much across the board; more points (slightly) rebounds, blocks, better shooting, better passing, it's really no contest.

As a lead man on a borderline playoff team, Bosh has better scoring, but Gasol has better everything else, and that is before you take into consideration of pace. In 2006, for example, Grizzlies were ranked 5th in pace at 86.3, while the Raptors were 26 at 91.1, that's about a 6% swing right there. 05 and 04 were similar, though not as drastic.

That said, Pau is a lock for HoF, and yes, mostly due to his international play, but also because of his role as a championship contributor. He was, at worst, the #2 on a 2 time champion, while Bosh, will be, at best a #3. If Bosh ever gets in, it will be like that of James Worthy, but Bosh has to really step up a few times in the playoffs like Big Game James did.

Some great points. We agree for the third or fourth time in the past week ... Like I said, non Kobe or Duncan we share some similar beliefs and you have a wealth of knowledge to share. Hard for Bosh to be Worthy with Lebron and Wade though ... Worthy won a Finals MVP and carried the Lakers in other playoffs series. I will give Bosh credit though he was the most consistent (not best) in their second Finals (loss) vs. Mavs ... so he has that.

Koolaid_Man
01-29-2013, 12:43 PM

That said, Pau is a lock for HoF, and yes, mostly due to his international play, but also because of his role as a championship contributor. He was, at worst, the #2 on a 2 time champion, while Bosh, will be, at best a #3. If Bosh ever gets in, it will be like that of James Worthy, but Bosh has to really step up a few tim
es in the playoffs like Big Game James did.

Lol what kind of bullshit analysis is this. He's a lock for HOF based on his international play. Hey asshole since when? I guess Vlade Divac should be in based on his performances in Serbia...lol you're a gotdam moron is what you is. You is....:p:

ambchang
01-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Vlade Divac will make it for sure, it's a matter of time. Divac wasn't even eligible till 2011. If Sabonis is in, Vlade is a sure in.

Gasol's gold medal doesn't hurt either.

Ace
01-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Bosh is being severely underrated here. He's no HOFer now but he has the talent. He's a great third option but his numbers could be much better if he was the second option and had more effort at times. With the decline of Wade the emergence of Bosh could follow. Either way Bosh is capable of more an has shown so.

eric365
01-29-2013, 05:12 PM
He is probably a hofer now but no way 4 years ago

His friends probably also tell him he is the best PF in the game or that he is the most important player on the heat

Grit and Grind
01-29-2013, 05:18 PM
If Bosh makes it why not Zach R and Rasheed

ambchang
01-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Surprised if Bosh ever makes it. he made the all-nba 2nd team once when he was still with the Raptors, and that is a pretty thin resume.

Other 3rd wheel on modern era championship teams (don't count those Celtics teams where you can get to the 8th wheel) to get in the HoF, off the top of my head are:

James Worthy (All NBA 3rd team twice, Finals MVP, 3 championships)
Robert Parish (2nd team once, 3rd team once, 3 championships, well four if you count the Bulls one)
Dennis Johnson (all d team 9 times, all nba 1st team once, 2nd team once, 3 championships, once as a top dog)
Rodman (All D team 8 times, all nba 3rd team twice, insane rebounding numbers, led the league 7 years in a row, DPoY, 5 championships)

There are probably more, but all these guys resume trump Bosh's by quite a bit.

dfens
01-29-2013, 05:55 PM
If Bosh makes it why not Zach R and Rasheed

LOL @ Sheed and Zach Randolph. Both have the physical/skill talent, but lack the credentials and on the mental side.

What people are REALLY missing at Bosh is that he is very efficient as a 3rd option while playing out of position.
In the system played by Miami it's no wonder he gets no boards because
- on the offensive side he pops alot to make room for lecrab and dfraud to drive.
- on the defensive side he is the single one with length and he needs to be a rim defender, combined with the fact that he is one of the best PNR defenders in this league at the 4. Add to that the fact that joel stone hands anthony and dexter hungry nigga shitman don't know what boxing out means and it's very clear.
Super versatile offensively, system independent player, excellent footwork/mobility for a big, can play high/low, pnr, iso, even 3ball.

Other things people miss at Bosh.
- Bosh is also very clutch especially when needed... check h2h vs dwight, playoffs, 2011, olympics, etc. Quiet dude gets the job done on both sides of the floor not like Bible kemp. Sure when playing mainly as a shooter he is prone to bad shooting nights but it comes with the MIA system.
- Bosh is very very versatile, on a single posession he can check alot of people very decently, especially when committed.
- good mental aspect of the game .. even if the stats are not on the sheet sometimes never seen him check out like Randolph , griffin , love, sheed or alot of others. This guy didn't get frustrated by yao at the olympics when bible was racking fouls like illegitimate children. Didn't get frustrated by bible's elbows in h2h. Didn't give a fuck about the rupaul story.

Bosh is a winner sons, make no mistake about it. He also got ... unique swag :lol
Sure he's no jim duncan but he's been consistantly a top 5 big in the league and he's got the type of game that will let him easily play into his 30s.

btw LOL @ people saying he wasn't better than Amare in 2010

Koolaid_Man
01-29-2013, 06:43 PM
LOL @ Sheed and Zach Randolph. Both have the physical/skill talent, but lack the credentials and on the mental side.

What people are REALLY missing at Bosh is that he is very efficient as a 3rd option while playing out of position.
In the system played by Miami it's no wonder he gets no boards because
- on the offensive side he pops alot to make room for lecrab and dfraud to drive.
- on the defensive side he is the single one with length and he needs to be a rim defender, combined with the fact that he is one of the best PNR defenders in this league at the 4. Add to that the fact that joel stone hands anthony and dexter hungry nigga shitman don't know what boxing out means and it's very clear.
Super versatile offensively, system independent player, excellent footwork/mobility for a big, can play high/low, pnr, iso, even 3ball.

Other things people miss at Bosh.
- Bosh is also very clutch especially when needed... check h2h vs dwight, playoffs, 2011, olympics, etc. Quiet dude gets the job done on both sides of the floor not like Bible kemp. Sure when playing mainly as a shooter he is prone to bad shooting nights but it comes with the MIA system.
- Bosh is very very versatile, on a single posession he can check alot of people very decently, especially when committed.
- good mental aspect of the game .. even if the stats are not on the sheet sometimes never seen him check out like Randolph , griffin , love, sheed or alot of others. This guy didn't get frustrated by yao at the olympics when bible was racking fouls like illegitimate children. Didn't get frustrated by bible's elbows in h2h. Didn't give a fuck about the rupaul story.

Bosh is a winner sons, make no mistake about it. He also got ... unique swag :lol
Sure he's no jim duncan but he's been consistantly a top 5 big in the league and he's got the type of game that will let him easily play into his 30s.

btw LOL @ people saying he wasn't better than Amare in 2010

as far as I'm concerned Bosh is a 1st ballot HOF'er....

Koolaid_Man
01-29-2013, 06:44 PM
when Miami divided up the money they signed all 3 of them niggas to about 15 mil each...that means they're all franchise players with each bringing something different to the table.

Koolaid_Man
01-29-2013, 06:47 PM
Lebron needed 2 HOF'ers at the same time to ring in his prime..that's it and that's all

Grit and Grind
01-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Bosh isn't even close to 2010 Amare GET REAL !!

ambchang
01-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Derrick mckey and detlef schremph were versatile 3rd options as well. So?

FYM
01-29-2013, 08:01 PM
4 years ago bosh was nowhere close to be a hof he was a big stat padding on a shitty team

Ice009
01-29-2013, 11:22 PM
Bosh can definitely get there in time, but there is still no guarantee that he will. He isn't a HOFer right now, and he sure as fuck wasn't one 4 years ago.