PDA

View Full Version : Bleacher Report's 3 Trade Idea's for Dejaun Blair

cd021
01-28-2013, 04:29 PM
1. Dejuan Blair For Fab Melo
2. Dejuan Blair For Jermaine O'neal
3. Dejuan Blair & Stephen Jackson For Kris Humpries-Kardashian

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1497196-3-trades-the-san-antonio-spurs-could-make-involving-dejuan-blair

They give reasons for all three scenarios (link above.)

Personally, I'd go with door number #1

cd98
01-28-2013, 04:33 PM
I'd say no to all three. the best we could get for Jackson's expiring is Kris Humpries?

stnick2261
01-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Source: Bleacher Report

That being said..... I would take Fab Melo in a heartbeat. 7'0" in shoes with a 7'2.5" wingspan, defensive center... averaging 3.6 blocks in 27 minutes in the d-league as a 22yo rookie

Spur|n|Austin
01-28-2013, 04:40 PM
The third one is tempting, but I'd have to say no also. Main reason being O'Neal is Mr. Glass, and I have a problem getting rid of Stack already. There's something about the fire he brings to the team and the locker room in general. If I had to choose, it'd be # 1 because the ceiling is higher than the other two. Plus Tiago would have a fellow countryman on the squad.

hooperflash
01-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Yeah, the third one is the most intriguing. Hump plays hard and is having a great year, but I wouldn't wanna lose Jack for him... Heelllll nah lol

playblair
01-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Golden State Warriors Should Trade for San Antonio Spurs’ DeJuan Blair

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/01/28/golden-state-warriors-should-trade-for-san-antonio-spurs-dejuan-blair/ (http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/01/28/golden-state-warriors-should-trade-for-san-antonio-spurs-dejuan-blair/)

The San Antonio Spurs (http://www.rantsports.com/nba/teams/san-antonio-spurs) seemed to have gotten the steal of the 2009 NBA (http://www.rantsports.com/nba/) Draft by grabbing Pittsburgh Panthers (http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-basketball/teams/pittsburgh/) superstar DeJuan Blair in the early second round. Blair immediately became a crowd favorite in San Antonio, but for whatever reason has become another Spurs outcast. That means he’s on the trading block and the team that would benefit most from his inside scoring ability is the Golden State Warriors (http://www.rantsports.com/nba/teams/golden-state-warriors).

spurs will regret trading blair .......... blair = toughness needed in the playoffs

DrunkTXLabrat
01-28-2013, 05:40 PM
i don't like any of those. i think the need now is a younger jeff green/ derrick williams type. no baynes hasn't done anything yet, but he's gonna get the look at enforcer big. he's the blair replacement. we need the bonner replacement next. people that want a backup pg replacement are nuts. we have mills, de colo, and cory joseph.

Arcadian
01-28-2013, 05:46 PM
The first option sounds good. We don't need Blair anymore. Sure, he had that one good game against Dallas, but he's not even in our regular rotation. If we can trade him for a 7-footer with potential, I say do it. You can never have too much size on your team.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-28-2013, 05:53 PM
victor claver, tobias harris, donatas montiejunas, darius miller, austin daye, or royce white. one of those guys is ideal i think.

PingPong
01-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Source: Bleacher Report

That being said..... I would take Fab Melo in a heartbeat. 7'0" in shoes with a 7'2.5" wingspan, defensive center... averaging 3.6 blocks in 27 minutes
in the d-league as a 22yo rookie

Fab Melo and Aaron Banes will be the real turd towers.

:lol:lol

biskvito
01-28-2013, 06:49 PM
I doubt Melo goes anywhere before he plays on the main stage. I've been watching his games and he could be really legit in a year or two. The worst that could happen to him is not play or play 5min 10min a game. He needs to stay at D-League and burn those 25-30min per game. You can see his impact on both ends already, besides blocking, screening he also has a surprisingly decent jump shot around the basket, sometimes off the glass. FT pretty solid. It's all potential though because of his short experience.

LittleCriminal
01-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Who would the Spurs get if Scrub is finally shipped out? Jefferson?? Biedrins??

If they would send us Ezeli,Thompson and Jack for Scrub,Green and Bonner.... that would be sweet..
But I'm pretty sure GS would not pull that trigger.

gambit1990
01-28-2013, 09:09 PM
i hate bleacher report. i also hate that inside the nba promotes them.

mark deeks just tweeted: "with three blocks tonight, nate robinson now has more than dejuan blair has all season."

RD2191
01-28-2013, 09:10 PM
mark deeks can suck a dick, that's just uncalled for

exstatic
01-28-2013, 09:22 PM
I doubt Melo goes anywhere before he plays on the main stage. I've been watching his games and he could be really legit in a year or two. The worst that could happen to him is not play or play 5min 10min a game. He needs to stay at D-League and burn those 25-30min per game. You can see his impact on both ends already, besides blocking, screening he also has a surprisingly decent jump shot around the basket, sometimes off the glass. FT pretty solid. It's all potential though because of his short experience.

What makes you think they won't park him in Austin with CoJo? It's not like Blair is contributing, or can bring back someone who can...

gambit1990
01-28-2013, 09:22 PM
haha, he's actually cool. pretty insightful too. i like shamsports, his site.

cd021
01-28-2013, 10:31 PM
i don't like any of those. i think the need now is a younger jeff green/ derrick williams type. no baynes hasn't done anything yet, but he's gonna get the look at enforcer big. he's the blair replacement. we need the bonner replacement next. people that want a backup pg replacement are nuts. we have mills, de colo, and cory joseph.

I'm sure we could pry Derrick Williams away from the Wolves, they already tried to trade him at least 3 times in less than 1 1/2 seasons.
Then again, he is averaging 9pts, 4.5 rpg and hits 35%3pt (though he's only shooting 41% overall)

Blair + Neal and maybe a future 1st round pick.

Neal gives them a scorer on the wing, which Roy was supposed to bring, Blair gives them a legit P&R player who can board and has starting experience.

Williams is 6'8 with a 7 1/2 foot wing span and a nearly 3 foot max vert, via draft express. Could make captain expendable after the season, and give us a high ceiling player for the future.

biskvito
01-28-2013, 10:34 PM
I meant Melo could turn into a really good center, so I doubt any team would trade him before knowing how he adapts to NBA.

cd021
01-28-2013, 10:34 PM
What makes you think they won't park him in Austin with CoJo? It's not like Blair is contributing, or can bring back someone who can...

Blair did just have 22 pts in 20 minutes 2 games ago... if we can't move him, its worth keeping him as a change of pace PF like Mills is at PG.

cd021
01-28-2013, 10:36 PM

That is a low blow and not quite fair. Blair hasn't played consistently since December. But then again Blair needs to step it up...

cd021
01-28-2013, 10:39 PM
victor claver, tobias harris, donatas montiejunas, darius miller, austin daye, or royce white. one of those guys is ideal i think.

I got killed for making a thread about us moving Blair & Joseph + a 2nd rounder for Royce White. He's not very popular round here it seems.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-28-2013, 11:42 PM
i think i read your post before i joined cd. i love the idea.

exstatic
01-28-2013, 11:48 PM
Considering that Houston and White just reached an agreement on mental health protocols, I doubt he's moved this season.

exstatic
01-28-2013, 11:49 PM
Blair did just have 22 pts in 20 minutes 2 games ago... if we can't move him, its worth keeping him as a change of pace PF like Mills is at PG.

So, one good game, a spattering of garbage time appearances, and a truckload of DNP/CDs. Not really contributing.

Dr. Robert Lee
01-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Do WHATEVER is NECESSARY to SHIP GARY NEAL'S (HERO BALL'S) ASS out of TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is poisoning this team. Dude has a toxic fluid RUNNING through his VEINS!!!!!!!!!! :bang!!!!

MarCowMar
01-29-2013, 12:21 AM
Not sure what the point is in trading Blair. His salary is low and he has the potential to play way over his head from time to time.

I'd rather have him in Pop's toolchest for the playoffs than a 2nd round pick.

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
01-29-2013, 12:24 AM
Do WHATEVER is NECESSARY to SHIP GARY NEAL'S (HERO BALL'S) ASS out of TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is poisoning this team. Dude has a toxic fluid RUNNING through his VEINS!!!!!!!!!! :bang!!!!

no 1 cares.

BackHome
01-29-2013, 12:29 AM
Don't want to end up like Cleveland with Varj....gotta do a trade when he is hot not when he is cold. Trade high and sale low but if we can add anyone for the PG/SG/PF/C/SF spot then do it.

Dr. Robert Lee
01-29-2013, 12:45 AM
no 1 cares.
HOLY SHIT, you are so clever!!!

AussieFanKurt
01-29-2013, 05:13 AM
spurs will regret trading blair .......... blair = toughness needed in the playoffs

but doesn't play in playoffs so nothing missed

Darkwaters
01-29-2013, 06:17 AM

Good point.

We'll definitely miss this when Blair is gone.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ihCnKjnZNZc/Tl53Pin7htI/AAAAAAAABbM/WNkPjpjocnc/s1600/matador%2B1.jpeg

Darkwaters
01-29-2013, 06:28 AM
I got killed for making a thread about us moving Blair & Joseph + a 2nd rounder for Royce White. He's not very popular round here it seems.

Worst. Idea. This. Season.

Why are you going to go seek out a guy with mental health issues that is just coming out of a major dispute with his team over the fact that he can basically only play home games? No, you never look at him his whole career. Good teams don't get roped into stupidity like that. Leave that to the dredges of the league (ie, about half of the Eastern Conference).

Not sure what the point is in trading Blair. His salary is low and he has the potential to play way over his head from time to time.

So you're under the assumption that he'll actually play in the playoffs this season? I know historically hes made a trend of going from starter to 15th man around April or May, so what fills you with hope now? The fact that hes no longer even a regular season rotation player or that the Spurs finally have depth in the post without relying on either Matt Bonner or Dejuan Blair?

Blair will not be resigned next season. Blair will not, barring significant injuries, log any significant minutes this year except in blowouts or when someone gets a rest night. If theres a halfway decent asset to be had for him then you'd be foolish NOT to pull the trigger.

manufan10
01-29-2013, 08:38 AM

If the Spurs trade him, they get something of value in return. If not, he leaves after the season and the Spurs get nothing. If they can get something of value for him now, then that's a good thing for the Spurs.

Obstructed_View
01-29-2013, 09:48 AM
Darkwaters with the goods.

Embedded
01-29-2013, 10:42 AM
Royce White?!?!?! Hahahahahahahaa! Hey, Royce, we've got to go play the Charlotte Bobcats. Royce: Fly?!? On an airplane?!?!?! Oh my gosh, we're all going to die!!! ::: Blows Lunch :::

Embedded
01-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Oh, okay Royce, then you can take the bus. Busy?!? On the highway?!?! Oh my gosh, we're all going to die!!! ::: Blows Lunch :::

DrunkTXLabrat
01-29-2013, 12:29 PM
lol @ embedded. that's exactly why i think the spurs should get him though. he has to get over that absurdity. it'd be awesome if they had him when he does. he's a young diaw. and diaw looks pretty good with this team. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncol0AUiFXE call me an impatient fan, but i'd rather take a chance on white now. than get a 2nd for blair and wait for that to pan out or not. if he ends up not being able to travel and can only play home games. pop could milk that too, and i think we have a more valuable trade asset than blair.

FireMicoHalili
01-29-2013, 12:49 PM
y'all should read this, it's a better, more sensible take http://www.poundingtherock.com/2013/1/21/3897140/spurs-trade-nba-deadline-dejuan-blair-aron-baynes-matt-bonner

SenorSpur
01-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Golden State Warriors Should Trade for San Antonio Spurs’ DeJuan Blair

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/01/28/golden-state-warriors-should-trade-for-san-antonio-spurs-dejuan-blair/ (http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/01/28/golden-state-warriors-should-trade-for-san-antonio-spurs-dejuan-blair/)

I wouldn't mind a trade of Blair to the Warriors, so long as they sent back Festus Ezeli in return.

Outside of that, the only trade scenario that makes sense out of the three mentioned is Blair-for-Fab Melo.

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2013, 01:34 PM
will not get equal value for him or whatever you clowns want....

should be happy with the lifetime wottaburger membership clowns

dbestpro
01-29-2013, 02:11 PM
I'd throw Green into the trade, move Jack to starting SG, and pickup a decent backup SF to replace Jack at SF.

monkeypunk
01-29-2013, 03:22 PM
I'd throw Green into the trade, move Jack to starting SG, and pickup a decent backup SF to replace Jack at SF.

No offense but I highly doubt that Jack can play SG effectively anymore. Especially starters minutes...

Obstructed_View
01-29-2013, 03:32 PM
No offense but I highly doubt that Jack can play SG effectively anymore. Especially starters minutes...

Does any SG for the Spurs play starters minutes with Manu coming off the bench?

cd021
01-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Worst. Idea. This. Season.

Why are you going to go seek out a guy with mental health issues that is just coming out of a major dispute with his team over the fact that he can basically only play home games? No, you never look at him his whole career. Good teams don't get roped into stupidity like that. Leave that to the dredges of the league (ie, about half of the Eastern Conference).

Royce White, a lottery pick potentially acquired on the cheap for players ,seldom used, because he has mental health issues? You do realize that Stephen Jackson jumped into the stands at the Palace and started hitting fans or the time that he fired a gun outside a strip club and then got ran over and lost some of his teeth.

The Spurs have turned Jackson into a fairly model citizen but they can't do the same with someone who has less history of erratic off the court behavior?

I just like to understand your logic a little better.

playblair
01-29-2013, 04:05 PM
So you're under the assumption that he'll actually play in the playoffs this season? I know historically hes made a trend of going from starter to 15th man around April or May, so what fills you with hope now? The fact that hes no longer even a regular season rotation player or that the Spurs finally have depth in the post without relying on either Matt Bonner or Dejuan Blair?

Blair will not be resigned next season. Blair will not, barring significant injuries, log any significant minutes this year except in blowouts or when someone gets a rest night. If theres a halfway decent asset to be had for him then you'd be foolish NOT to pull the trigger.

the defending nba champs wanted to trade 4 blair............... spurs will re-sign blair ............

lmbebo
01-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Royce White, a lottery pick potentially acquired on the cheap for players ,seldom used, because he has mental health issues? You do realize that Stephen Jackson jumped into the stands at the Palace and started hitting fans or the time that he fired a gun outside a strip club and then got ran over and lost some of his teeth.

The Spurs have turned Jackson into a fairly model citizen but they can't do the same with someone who has less history of erratic off the court behavior?

2 different issues. And just because spurs succeeded with calming Jack down. It was more of that Sjax was always a good person at heart, but believes in loyalty and protecting his friends. He wasn't a bad character per se.

Royce White - thats a different animal. Apples and Oranges. Its naive to think that "Oh, the spurs can fix him. Spurs can fix anyone". Its one thing if the player is immature or anger issues. Its another if he has a disabling mental issue that makes his availability over a 82 game season and playoffs an issues.

cd021
01-29-2013, 05:57 PM
2 different issues. And just because spurs succeeded with calming Jack down. It was more of that Sjax was always a good person at heart, but believes in loyalty and protecting his friends. He wasn't a bad character per se.

Royce White - thats a different animal. Apples and Oranges. Its naive to think that "Oh, the spurs can fix him. Spurs can fix anyone". Its one thing if the player is immature or anger issues. Its another if he has a disabling mental issue that makes his availability over a 82 game season and playoffs an issues.

You're reading this out of context I was replying to "Dark Water" calling my idea to trade for White by moving Blair, Joseph, & a 2nd rounder earlier this season. He was saying that the spurs wouldn't take a chance on him because its not how they do things and the I pointed Jackson's history and how the spurs took a chance on bringing him back this time as a role player after seasons of being a 2nd or 3rd option starter.

If you can, I suggest you listen to the interview he did on PTI last week. He's actually really well spoken, both of them seemed impressed by him.

Based on the offer i suggested its a very low risk to take.

cd021
01-29-2013, 06:01 PM
Does any SG for the Spurs play starters minutes with Manu coming off the bench?

Pop doesn't really do the 36 minutes per game, or really 30 minutes a game except for Tim & Tony. The better question, is any SG (mills, de colo, neal, green) worth playing more than 30 minutes a game?

Obstructed_View
01-29-2013, 08:35 PM

In the interest of understanding...

Jack followed a teammate into the stands. When the NBA suspended him, and the union appealed, Jack said he thought that he was lucky he and his teammates weren't kicked out of the league. He pleaded no contest to the charges, paid the fine and did his community service. Jack's rationale for doing what he did was that he was backing a teammate's play, stupid though it was.

Jack and teammates were confronted at a strip club, left the place. They were followed outside, where Jack was punched hard enough to knock teeth out, and then he was hit by a car, and he responded by firing into the air. He pled guilty to the charges, apologized, paid the fines, and didn't fight the suspension. Jack's rationale for doing what he was doing was to protect himself and his teammates, with a clear intent NOT to injure anyone.

On the court, he's never failed to show up. He steps up in big games. He's never blamed anything on anyone else. His teammates love him. Actually, every coach he's ever had loves him, people speak glowingly of his kindness and thoughtfulness. Virtually every person that's ever spoken to him likes him. Tim Duncan called him the ultimate teammate. The worst thing he's ever done as a Spur is get a technical foul at a bad time.

Royce White can't even bring himself to report to fucking D league, wants to ride a bus everywhere, tweets constantly about how poorly he's treated, has panic attacks at any time for any reason, and oh-by-the-way left his first college because he kept getting arrested for theft and trespassing (they found out he was leaving when he announced it on Youtube). He's a walking circus sideshow for any team he's on. He's the anti-Jack.

cd021
01-29-2013, 10:53 PM
In the interest of understanding...

Jack followed a teammate into the stands. When the NBA suspended him, and the union appealed, Jack said he thought that he was lucky he and his teammates weren't kicked out of the league. He pleaded no contest to the charges, paid the fine and did his community service. Jack's rationale for doing what he did was that he was backing a teammate's play, stupid though it was.

Jack and teammates were confronted at a strip club, left the place. They were followed outside, where Jack was punched hard enough to knock teeth out, and then he was hit by a car, and he responded by firing into the air. He pled guilty to the charges, apologized, paid the fines, and didn't fight the suspension. Jack's rationale for doing what he was doing was to protect himself and his teammates, with a clear intent NOT to injure anyone.

On the court, he's never failed to show up. He steps up in big games. He's never blamed anything on anyone else. His teammates love him. Actually, every coach he's ever had loves him, people speak glowingly of his kindness and thoughtfulness. Virtually every person that's ever spoken to him likes him. Tim Duncan called him the ultimate teammate. The worst thing he's ever done as a Spur is get a technical foul at a bad time.

Royce White can't even bring himself to report to fucking D league, wants to ride a bus everywhere, tweets constantly about how poorly he's treated, has panic attacks at any time for any reason, and oh-by-the-way left his first college because he kept getting arrested for theft and trespassing (they found out he was leaving when he announced it on Youtube). He's a walking circus sideshow for any team he's on. He's the anti-Jack.

I know all of this, I was replying to "Dark Water". I was using Jackson as precedent for White. I read an article in which Jackson details his point of view about his mistakes ( I think we probably read the same one). They Spurs have been known to take a chance a calculated risk in the past. Depending on what you believe Eddy Curry, was actually pretty close to making our roster to start the year. Considering his checked while in N.Y.

White just reported to the D League, and you seem to be overstating the panic attacks. He talked about the circumstances at length on Pardon the interruption,and the misconceptions of his circumstances. The guy can flat out play. He will play in the NBA, the question is just how good he will be.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8878230 (P.T.I interview from last week)

cd021
01-29-2013, 10:54 PM
lol @ embedded. that's exactly why i think the spurs should get him though. he has to get over that absurdity. it'd be awesome if they had him when he does. he's a young diaw. and diaw looks pretty good with this team. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncol0AUiFXE call me an impatient fan, but i'd rather take a chance on white now. than get a 2nd for blair and wait for that to pan out or not. if he ends up not being able to travel and can only play home games. pop could milk that too, and i think we have a more valuable trade asset than blair.

+1

BackHome
01-29-2013, 11:02 PM
The dude is crazy crazy no way he can function in the NBA.

baseline bum
01-29-2013, 11:03 PM
I don't see what the Spurs could get for Blair with his contract as small as it is. If he can be thrown in to make a larger deal work then yeah, he's almost completely expendable since there is 0.00000000% chance he gets re-signed. Otherwise, just keep him to fill minutes when Tim is being rested.

Dr. Robert Lee
01-29-2013, 11:13 PM
Package Blair and Neal together and trade him to the 76ers in exchange for a lifetime's supply for Philly Cheese Steaks, tbh. I think our team would do better eating Philly Cheese Steaks before every game and it would keep these two POS clowns from seeing any time on the hardwood.

baseline bum
01-30-2013, 12:49 AM
:cry I miss the days when we had the cool Nazis like Heydrich, Goebbels, and Himmler here :cry

mabrignani
01-30-2013, 12:52 AM
with the addition of baynes id say package neal and blair for a solid 2

Darkwaters
01-30-2013, 01:22 AM
I know all of this, I was replying to "Dark Water". I was using Jackson as precedent for White. I read an article in which Jackson details his point of view about his mistakes ( I think we probably read the same one). They Spurs have been known to take a chance a calculated risk in the past. Depending on what you believe Eddy Curry, was actually pretty close to making our roster to start the year. Considering his checked while in N.Y.

White just reported to the D League, and you seem to be overstating the panic attacks. He talked about the circumstances at length on Pardon the interruption,and the misconceptions of his circumstances. The guy can flat out play. He will play in the NBA, the question is just how good he will be.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8878230 (P.T.I interview from last week)

Your response proves nothing. My point was that a good NBA team doesn't even think twice about just avoiding this guy - at least until he gets his shit straight. Poorly managed teams like the Raptors, Bucks, Bobcats etc are the ones that tie up assets in a joker like this. The guy can flat out play? Sure. He hasn't yet - because hes a prima donna. Will he come around one day? Maybe. But I wouldn't want to be the GM paying him millions of dollars annually and tying up both salary cap space and a roster spot. If you want a team thats makes decisions like that, then I recommend the aforementioned teams. Toronto especially (see Kyle Lowry for poor GM team management).

Bingo.

TDMVPDPOY
01-30-2013, 02:33 AM
about blair, if his not going to get employed next season

why not take the year off...go get that surgery where the add inches to ur height by breaking ur legs and inserting rods into and adjusting t hem a few cms each day or someshit...

then he can come back here +6'9 height with no acls....

Darkwaters
01-30-2013, 10:08 AM
the defending nba champs wanted to trade 4 blair............... spurs will re-sign blair ............

So you think because a team that is frantic for frontline support expressed interest in Dejuan Blair that the Spurs will now keep him? How does that make sense? The Heat are going crazy looking for anyone that can play down low for them. They just signed both Jarvis Varnado and Chris Andersen to year-long contracts. You would seem to believe they wanted Blair to make him a foundational piece next to Wade, Lebron and Bosh.

No, Blair is a great bargain at the price we pay. But hes not getting minutes and hes a currently a minimum salary player. If the Spurs were to offer him another contract he'd probably get similiar money and similar minutes. Why would he even want to stay a Spur?

Face it, hes walking at the end of the year if we don't trade him in February.

biskvito
01-30-2013, 10:24 AM
I didn't know nothing about Royce White but after reading a couple interviews and watching a video about him he seems like a good guy. Mental issues like OCD and whatnot can be a real pain in the ass, I hope he succeeds in getting some comfort for his career.

Samr.
01-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Humpries should cross his fingers he gets traded here. I don't think the tejano DJs know many Kanye West songs.

cd021
01-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Your response proves nothing. My point was that a good NBA team doesn't even think twice about just avoiding this guy - at least until he gets his shit straight. Poorly managed teams like the Raptors, Bucks, Bobcats etc are the ones that tie up assets in a joker like this. The guy can flat out play? Sure. He hasn't yet - because hes a prima donna. Will he come around one day? Maybe. But I wouldn't want to be the GM paying him millions of dollars annually and tying up both salary cap space and a roster spot. If you want a team thats makes decisions like that, then I recommend the aforementioned teams. Toronto especially (see Kyle Lowry for poor GM team management).

He is on a rookie deal your acting like i'm saying take a chance on Michael Beasley with his 3 year $18 million dollar deal. Trade for him now if he doesn't work out then he'd be gone after next year. If you like his progress then keep him for another season.

Rookie deals were designed for roster flexibility and to protect teams against unforeseen circumstances. Its not like he signed a 5 year $55 dollar deal right out the gate, his total deal is something in the area code of $10 million over 4 years with 2 years fully guaranteed. Thats less a risk and more like a hedged bet.