PDA

View Full Version : More distinguished institute of education: Everest College or UTSA?

Magua
01-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Discuss.

Creepn
01-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Lol.

Trainwreck2100
01-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Everest could probably field a more competitive football team

mavs>spurs
01-28-2013, 07:17 PM
honestly utsa is probably slightly more credible by a hair, i still chose everest though

Spur|n|Austin
01-28-2013, 09:32 PM
What a stupid question.

Latarian Milton
01-28-2013, 11:19 PM
its about as hard a choice as between fillet and steak tbh

FkLA
01-29-2013, 02:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o_KRD26s0c

symple19
01-29-2013, 02:14 AM
Everest by a mile

baseline bum
01-29-2013, 02:16 AM
^ more like Everest by redshift z = 1400 tbh

FkLA
01-29-2013, 02:23 AM
tbh what school did the biggest female superstar in the broadcasting game graduate from? :hat

GoodOdor
01-29-2013, 02:27 AM
Everest, easily.

symple19
01-29-2013, 02:30 AM
tbh what school did the biggest female superstar in the broadcasting game graduate from? :hat

Well, Erin Andrews went to Florida.

FkLA
01-29-2013, 02:46 AM
Erin Andrews is just a bimbo tbh.

CubanMustGo
01-29-2013, 08:47 AM
Everyone dumps on UTSA a lot but it IS a real institution that does some pretty serious research for a school of such short history. Everest is a clown for-profit "college" whose sole focus is extracting as much money from the pockets of its "students" (or, rather, the companies that are paying the tuition for its employees). Everest has been sued, taken to court by various government agencies, and cited by independent media for misleading claims about its "education".

lebomb
01-29-2013, 09:14 AM
Everyone dumps on UTSA a lot but it IS a real institution that does some pretty serious research for a school of such short history. Everest is a clown for-profit "college" whose sole focus is extracting as much money from the pockets of its "students" (or, rather, the companies that are paying the tuition for its employees). Everest has been sued, taken to court by various government agencies, and cited by independent media for misleading claims about its "education".

X2 .............

:flipoff the haters

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-29-2013, 09:15 AM
:monkey

symple19
01-29-2013, 09:27 AM
:lol

Spur|n|Austin
01-29-2013, 11:59 AM

Perfect answer. My fiance and brother both graduated from UTSA. She's a great, well taught teacher, he's a successful architect. Pretty strange that the OP, an Alabama alum (?) is talking shit about a University in Texas. His wife must of fucked a UTSA Road Runner, tbh.

lebomb
01-29-2013, 01:53 PM
Pretty strange that the OP, an Alabama alum (?) is talking shit about a University in Texas. His wife must of fucked a UTSA Road Runner, tbh.

You actually think this mufawka has an education??? :lmao

Alabama? Seriously????

What does a girl from Alabama say to her father........... "get off me dad, you are crushing my smokes"

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Perfect answer. My fiance and brother both graduated from UTSA. She's a great, well taught teacher, he's a successful architect. Pretty strange that the OP, an Alabama alum (?) is talking shit about a University in Texas. His wife must of fucked a UTSA Road Runner, tbh.

what every fkn moron is paying for, a fkn name of a institution on a piece of paper

seriously if you look at all the courses, the material taught and learn is the same shit across all boards whatever school u goto....the school doesnt setup whatever is taught, its all done by the professional bodies in the private sector that all shit taught in schools are credited that it can be applied into the workforce.....

DPG21920
01-29-2013, 03:11 PM
what every fkn moron is paying for, a fkn name of a institution on a piece of paper

seriously if you look at all the courses, the material taught and learn is the same shit across all boards whatever school u goto....the school doesnt setup whatever is taught, its all done by the professional bodies in the private sector that all shit taught in schools are credited that it can be applied into the workforce.....

No

Spur|n|Austin
01-29-2013, 04:25 PM

This couldn't be further from the truth. If I'm interviewing two candidates, one a college grad, and the other just a HS grad, I'm going to go with the college grad 90% of the time. The other 10% will need to have some big WOW factor.

lebomb
01-29-2013, 04:30 PM
This couldn't be further from the truth. If I'm interviewing two candidates, one a college grad, and the other just a HS grad, I'm going to go with the college grad 90% of the time. The other 10% will need to have some big WOW factor.

I believe he is talking about the Universities name on a college diploma. That doesn't matter as much as how well you did in college.

Trill Clinton
01-29-2013, 04:33 PM
utsa has a lot of bad bitches.

ChumpDumper
01-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Well, Everest grads haven't taken the troll bait, so....

Spur|n|Austin
01-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Well, Everest grads haven't taken the troll bait, so....

CD - I've been meaning to ask you, The Toros are one of my company's clients and we have court side seats Section: F105 Row: A - seats 7-10 if you're ever interested. Nobody here every takes them, I'm going on the 13th other than that below are the rest of the tickets we have:

Wed

13-Feb

7:30 PM

vs. Maine

Wed
27-Feb
vs. Sioux Falls

Thurs
28-Feb
vs. Iowa

Sun
3-Mar
3:00 PM
vs. Sioux Falls

Sun
24-Mar
vs. Iowa

Wed
27-Mar
vs. Sioux Falls

Wed
3-Apr
vs. Springfield

DPG21920
01-29-2013, 04:48 PM
CD - I've been meaning to ask you, The Toros are one of my company's clients and we have court side seats Section: F105 Row: A - seats 7-10 if you're ever interested. Nobody here every takes them, I'm going on the 13th other than that below are the rest of the tickets we have:

Wed

13-Feb

vs. Maine

Wed
27-Feb
vs. Sioux Falls

Thurs
28-Feb
vs. Iowa

Sun
3-Mar
vs. Sioux Falls

Sun
24-Mar
vs. Iowa

Wed
27-Mar
vs. Sioux Falls

Wed
3-Apr
vs. Springfield

I live in Austin as well and if you ever have any available let me know

Spur|n|Austin
01-29-2013, 04:53 PM

Check your PM.

CubanMustGo
01-29-2013, 07:46 PM

Me too if there are any left? :toast

Leetonidas
01-29-2013, 07:52 PM

son we finally agree on something :toast

symple19
01-29-2013, 08:20 PM
:lmao UTSA

Venti Quattro
01-29-2013, 09:18 PM

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-29-2013, 09:40 PM

GoodOdor
01-29-2013, 09:50 PM

Creepn
01-30-2013, 12:48 AM
I vote UTSA just to be against trolls.

Barfunk
01-30-2013, 04:13 PM
This notion that UTSA is a bad college is probably false. A good friend of mine graduated from Texas A&M Kingsville, a school in which UTSA can't be any "worse". He now works for Boeing Aerospace as a mechanical engineer, while making a salary that allows for adequacy, to say the least. So more than likely, saying UTSA is a bad college is probably not true.

symple19
01-30-2013, 05:05 PM
:lol CCTSA

rascal
01-30-2013, 08:57 PM
I graduated from UTSA with a worthless engineering degree.

baseline bum
01-30-2013, 09:00 PM

:lmao FkLA

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-30-2013, 09:04 PM

Really? There's a certain Mexican on this site who thinks his UTSA engineering degree will actually be valuable. Maybe you can educate him on the matter.

lebomb
01-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Really? There's a certain Mexican on this site who thinks his UTSA engineering degree will actually be valuable. Maybe you can educate him on the matter.

My EX is a director at USAA with a Utsa EE degree...........bank'n.

FkLA
01-31-2013, 03:02 PM

Your lack of employment probably has more to do with you being anti-social and/or terrible at job interviews tbh. Theres no reason why you shouldnt be able to find a good job with any engineering degree (from UTSA or any other school). Ive known people that get solid jobs with degrees from small, Mexican unis.

Huey Freeman
01-31-2013, 03:34 PM

Tbh I don't want to get into this utsa debate, but from my experience the school with the lowest standards usaully have the best looking chicks for some reason. Now, I'm not familiar with utsa to give an opinion on the school but.....yeah. I personally attended LSU, UTA, and SMU. Out of those 3 schools SMU had the worst looking chicks IMO, but that's me.

FkLA
01-31-2013, 07:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1W5d7JNZd4

http://www.rowdytalk.com/images/smilies/rowdy2.gifhttp://www.rowdytalk.com/images/smilies/rowdy2.gif

rascal
01-31-2013, 07:15 PM
Your lack of employment probably has more to do with you being anti-social and/or terrible at job interviews tbh. Theres no reason why you shouldnt be able to find a good job with any engineering degree (from UTSA or any other school). Ive known people that get solid jobs with degrees from small, Mexican unis.

Doesn't help when your boss questions what you learned at your school. No way should they have graduated me with the lack of skills I took out of that college.
Worked my butt off to get that degree and still came out ill prepared to take on any engineering position. I am working in a position I had before I got the degree. Got boxed into a repair technician position because that is what I did before I decided to go back to college to get a 4 year degree, already had the two year degree from San Antonio College in electronics. Repair tech is the only jobs I could land in the field without knowing much about design and without design experience. UTSA did a poor job in teaching the design aspects of engineering. UTSA- very good Math dept. but weak engineering dept.

baseline bum
01-31-2013, 07:23 PM
LOL, they have to have TV commercials like Everest?

FkLA
01-31-2013, 07:23 PM
Doesn't help when your boss questions what you learned at your school. No way should they have graduated me with the lack of skills I took out of that college.
Worked my butt off to get that degree and still came out ill prepared to take on any engineering position. I am working in a position I had before I got the degree. Got boxed into a repair technician position because that is what I did before I decided to go back to college to get a 4 year degree, already had the two year degree from San Antonio College in electronics. Repair tech is the only jobs I could land in the field without knowing much about design and without design experience. UTSA did a poor job in teaching the design aspects of engineering. UTSA- very good Math dept. but weak engineering dept.

How long ago was this? You have to remember UTSA just turned 40 a couple of years ago, wouldnt be surprised if there was a limited amount of equipment/budget just a decade or two ago. What did your degree plan consist of too? Cause right now all engineering majors require two semesters of Senior Design before graduating tbh.

rascal
01-31-2013, 07:25 PM
How long ago was this? You have to remember UTSA just turned 40 a couple of years ago, wouldnt be surprised if there was a limited amount of equipment/budget just a decade or two ago. What did you degree plan consist of too? Cause right now all engineering majors require two semesters of Senior Design before graduating tbh.

1997 EE Lots of bad teachers when I went. Guys from other countries or old guys near retirement. One guy graded on a Bell curve, made the exams so tough the average was about 50, you get a 50 and you get a C, but get out of the class not knowing shit.

baseline bum
01-31-2013, 07:28 PM

LOL, their math department looks like shit. For example, their single variable real analysis sequence MATH 3013, MATH 3213, and MATH 4213 takes 3 semesters to do the amount of material we did in a single quarter (10 weeks) when I took analysis.

rascal
01-31-2013, 07:34 PM
LOL, their math department looks like shit. For example, their single variable real analysis sequence MATH 3013, MATH 3213, and MATH 4213 takes 3 semesters to do the amount of material we did in a single quarter (10 weeks) when I took analysis.

I liked their Math dept. when compared to the Engineering dept. 3 semesters of Calculus then Diff Equations( took that but didn't even need it for the EE). The math instructors made it straight forward, you understood the homework examples learn the math tricks through the examples you can do well, engineering you had no idea what was going to be asked on the exam half the time or on half the test.

FkLA
01-31-2013, 07:37 PM
1997 EE Lots of bad teachers when I went. Guys from other countries or old guys near retirement. One guy graded on a Bell curve, made the exams so tough the average was about 50, you get a 50 and you get a C, but get out of the class not knowing shit.

Did you have senior design before graduating? How were your labs (if you even had any)? Have no idea how it was back then, but I did notice that around 07-08 when I first started going there there were alot more dumbasses than there are now (acceptance rates dropped from like 99% tbh)...I saw bell curves too especially during intro classes like physics and differential equations. Have not had a problem with upper level professors though, some of them seem worn out and lazy during lectures but they have good resumes and have had no problems asking questions one on one during office hours.

Ok, Einstein.

rascal
01-31-2013, 07:41 PM
Did you have senior design before graduating? How were your labs (if you even had any)? Have no idea how it was back then, but I did notice that around 07-08 when I first started going there there were alot more dumbasses than there are now (acceptance rates dropped from like 99% tbh)...I saw bell curves too especially during intro classes like physics and differential equations. Have not had a problem with upper level professors though, some of them seem worn out and lazy during lectures but they have good resumes and have had no problems asking questions one on one during office hours.

Ok, Einstein.

Yes Senior design was a joke. Had a teacher who was near retirement and didn't even care. He didn't teach anything. I decided to do a project on my own, the thing didn't even work and still got an A.

FkLA
01-31-2013, 07:42 PM
Diff Equations( took that but didn't even need it for the EE).

This seems off tbh. Did you take an engineering based substitute for it? I (and any other engineering major) took Engineering Analysis I which was pretty much differential equations. I dont see how you wouldnt need atleast a substitute to complete your degree tbh.

baseline bum
01-31-2013, 07:43 PM
Ok, Einstein.

LOL no, it's just most schools don't spread one course's worth of material over three.

rascal
01-31-2013, 07:45 PM
This seems off tbh. Did you take an engineering based substitute for it? I (and any other engineering major) took Engineering Analysis I which was pretty much differential equations. I dont see how you wouldnt need atleast a substitute to complete your degree tbh.

I took Engineering Analysis also (Laplace transforms) but you didn't need to take the Diff Equations course when I went, I took it anyways because I liked math and thought it would help.

rascal
01-31-2013, 07:54 PM
You may be mixing up the Differential equations course I am talking about and Cal I which was differentiation , Cal II- integration and Cal III- series, Limits
I forgot so much I have been away from it so long now.

FkLA
01-31-2013, 07:57 PM
I took Engineering Analysis also (Laplace transforms) but you didn't need to take the Diff Equations course when I went, I took it anyways because I liked math and thought it would help.

Did the same a couple of years ago in the summer. Didnt see major difference between the two classes tbh.

Yes Senior design was a joke. Had a teacher who was near retirement and didn't even care. He didn't teach anything. I decided to do a project on my own, the thing didn't even work and still got an A.

Damn. Havent heard about that going on right now, but thats pretty whack tbh.

LOL no, it's just most schools don't spread one course's worth of material over three.

Im pretty sure for the most part UCLA has better professors and students. Not to mention theyre not 40 years old. Why not compare UTSA to universities in their tier ?

If youre trolling, then job well done tbh.

FkLA
01-31-2013, 07:59 PM
You may be mixing up the Differential equations course I am talking about and Cal I which was differentiation , Cal II- integration and Cal III- series, Limits
I forgot so much I have been away from it so long now.

No, I know what you meant. Right now Engineering Analysis I is mostly all differential equations (first order, second order, etc) with some Laplace Transforms, vector calculus, and linear algebra mixed in there as well. Honestly I dont see how anyone could complete any engineering degree without an introduction to differential equations, thats sounds dumb as shit tbh.

EGR 2323 Applied Engineering Analysis I [TCCN: MATH 2321.]
(3-1) 3 hours credit. Prerequisite: MAT 1224 (http://utsa.edu/ucat/COS/MAT.html#mat1224).
Application of mathematical principles to the analysis of engineering problems using linear algebra and ordinary differential equations (ODE’s). Use of software tools. Topics include: mathematical modeling of engineering problems; separable ODE’s; first-, second-, and higher-order linear constant coefficient ODE’s; characteristic equation of an ODE; systems of coupled first-order ODE’s; matrix addition and multiplication; solution of a linear system of equations via Gauss elimination and Cramer’s rule; rank, determinant, and inverse of a matrix; eigenvalues and eigenvectors; solution of an ODE via Laplace transform; numerical solution of ODE’s. One hour of problem solving recitation.

rascal
02-01-2013, 12:41 PM
What is the one hour of problem solving recitation about? I don't remember anything like that, the other stuff I saw.

baseline bum
02-01-2013, 02:01 PM
What is the one hour of problem solving recitation about? I don't remember anything like that, the other stuff I saw.

Um, it's one hour a week in a classroom with a TA working on solving problems.

Clipper Nation
02-01-2013, 02:04 PM
How is lolutsa winning this poll? :lol

DMC
02-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Just get a degree. It's what you do after college that matters.

Yeah, like actually qualify for and pass a cert test for your career.