01-28-2013, 07:05 PM
http://www.nba.com/reportcard/midseason/2013/spurs/

Sound about right?

irishock
01-28-2013, 07:11 PM
:lmao Indiana Pacers an A

Cane
01-28-2013, 07:15 PM
With the defensive improvements, another career year from Parker, Duncan's resurgence, and playing more Splitter the Spurs should be an A goddammit

Leetonidas
01-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Stephen Jackson lost his swagger?

Fran Blinebury ain't bout dis life

racm
01-28-2013, 07:22 PM
I don't see how top of the league (in record, offense, and defense) means a B+, tbh.

chapnis
01-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Lol, best team in the league to this point (record) is a B+. What a joke...

DPG21920
01-28-2013, 07:26 PM
I am assuming it has to do with expectations, injuries & current record/level of play.

SanDiegoSpursFan
01-28-2013, 07:27 PM
B+ is a good thing, it means someone thinks we could be playing much better.

Roger Freemason Jr.
01-28-2013, 07:27 PM
An "A-" at least...

racm
01-28-2013, 07:29 PM
B+ is a good thing, it means someone thinks we could be playing much better.

True enough. I'd be more worried if the Spurs played better in the first half of the season than in the second.

DieMrBond
01-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Whats even worse, is that they gave the Lakers a C-. A C FRIKKIN MINUS!?

Cry Havoc
01-28-2013, 07:41 PM
How the Cavs get a D considering their injuries is beyond me. That team is playing at least as well as can be expected.

LOL @ the Mavs getting a "C" for on a pace to not make the playoffs.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL @ the Lakers getting a C-. What the fuck? The Lakers to date are the worst bomb in the history of the league. An F instead of an F- would be KIND to them.

LOL @ Houston getting a C in the same season they land a guy who's very soon going to be the best 2 in the NBA if he isn't already.

Pistons a D+? What the fuck were they expected to accomplish this year?

These grades are shit. Let me try some of my own:

Hawks: B Doing pretty damn well all things considered.
Celtics: D+ Same core but no help at all from role players, Rondo's injury not-withstanding.
Nets: A- Given DWill's struggles this season it's amazing that they look like the 4th best team in the East right now.
Bobcats: D+ Not sure what the author expected out of this abysmal team.
Bulls: A They're winning without the best guard in the East. Pretty incredible.
Cavs: C+ Given their injuries they're doing well, and Irving is a monster already. They have a young group to build around for the future.
Mavs: D Struggling even with Dirk back. Not looking good.
Nuggets: A- The patchwork quilt of the NBA. Somehow making it happen more often than not.
Pistons: B- Quietly developing a young core to build around for the future.
Rockets: B They've got their man, now they need to put pieces around Harden.
Warriors: A+ Who saw them playing like this? Very good, very fast, a threat to make noise in the playoffs.
Pacers: A Great defense, with some youth and length to be an upset threat in the East.
Clippers: A Fantastic showing thus far from a team a lot of people said wouldn't be able to make it happen.
Lakers: F- Lol.
Grizzlies: D+ They should be in much better position given their talent and trade chips they have. No guard threats on O except Conley.
Heat: C Best record in the East, coasting, imo, tbh, zzz. Why should they push themselves right now?
Bucks: A- Big surprise from a team no one saw even being relevant. Future remains pretty uncertain.
Wolves: C- Not going to dock them much for catching the injury bug.
Hornets: B- Again, what can you expect? Playing much better as of late.
Knicks: A They're exciting and they appear to be a solid team. Could do damage in a very weak East.
Thunderefs: B- Above a C due to Durant playing like he wants a title, but Westbrook is a serious ? for this team as the 24/7 #2 guy.
Magic: B- Overachieving in the 1st half. That's a scary prospect.
Philly: B The emergence of Jrue is a bright spot for a team that fortunately plays in a weak conference.
Suns: C- They need to figure out what they're going to do with one of the most valuable trade assets in the league right now in Gortat.
Blazers: B Playing well against a lot of expectations. Very streaky team.
Kings: D Cousins implosion a bad mark on the last season in Sacramento.
Spurs: A+ They're doing it again.
Raptors: C+ Some diamonds in the rough give this team a shred of hope for the future. That shred will probably get dealt to the Lakers at some point.
Jazz: D+ Utterly unable to progress with a bright young core thus far.
Wizards: B Very respectable considering their injuries and talent level. Playing solid ball upon Wall's return.

A lot of teams get over a C due to the fact that in a league with so little parity, it's impressive to find that some teams are even competing on a semi-regular basis.

spurraider21
01-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Okc tabbed best in the west... Spurs ahead of okc in standings... Spurs get B+ thunder get A lol

Dingle Barry
01-28-2013, 07:42 PM
If [The Thunder] stays healthy, only the Clippers possess the total package of quickness, athleticism and depth to give the Thunder a run for Western Conference supremacy.

-Jeff Caplan

Man In Black
01-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Don't poke the friggen' Zombie!!!

If you read the article in the link, it's almost the same as what Blinebury wrote up there.
Change out some of the names but truthfully...

The Song Remains the Same!
http://www.aolnews.com/2009/07/29/popovich-sets-the-bar-for-spurs-season-championship/

thunderup
01-28-2013, 07:53 PM
How the Cavs get a D considering their injuries is beyond me. That team is playing at least as well as can be expected.

LOL @ the Mavs getting a "C" for on a pace to not make the playoffs.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL @ the Lakers getting a C-. What the fuck? The Lakers to date are the worst bomb in the history of the league. An F instead of an F- would be KIND to them.

LOL @ Houston getting a C in the same season they land a guy who's very soon going to be the best 2 in the NBA if he isn't already.

Pistons a D+? What the fuck were they expected to accomplish this year?

These grades are shit. Let me try some of my own:

Hawks: B Doing pretty damn well all things considered.
Celtics: D+ Same core but no help at all from role players, Rondo's injury not-withstanding.
Nets: A- Given DWill's struggles this season it's amazing that they look like the 4th best team in the East right now.
Bobcats: D+ Not sure what the author expected out of this abysmal team.
Bulls: A They're winning without the best guard in the East. Pretty incredible.
Cavs: C+ Given their injuries they're doing well, and Irving is a monster already. They have a young group to build around for the future.
Mavs: D Struggling even with Dirk back. Not looking good.
Nuggets: A- The patchwork quilt of the NBA. Somehow making it happen more often than not.
Pistons: B- Quietly developing a young core to build around for the future.
Rockets: B They've got their man, now they need to put pieces around Harden.
Warriors: A+ Who saw them playing like this? Very good, very fast, a threat to make noise in the playoffs.
Pacers: A Great defense, with some youth and length to be an upset threat in the East.
Clippers: A Fantastic showing thus far from a team a lot of people said wouldn't be able to make it happen.
Lakers: F- Lol.
Grizzlies: D+ They should be in much better position given their talent and trade chips they have. No guard threats on O except Conley.
Heat: C Best record in the East, coasting, imo, tbh, zzz. Why should they push themselves right now?
Bucks: A- Big surprise from a team no one saw even being relevant. Future remains pretty uncertain.
Wolves: C- Not going to dock them much for catching the injury bug.
Hornets: B- Again, what can you expect? Playing much better as of late.
Knicks: A They're exciting and they appear to be a solid team. Could do damage in a very weak East.
Thunderefs: B- Above a C due to Durant playing like he wants a title, but Westbrook is a serious ? for this team as the 24/7 #2 guy.
Magic: B- Overachieving in the 1st half. That's a scary prospect.
Philly: B The emergence of Jrue is a bright spot for a team that fortunately plays in a weak conference.
Suns: C- They need to figure out what they're going to do with one of the most valuable trade assets in the league right now in Gortat.
Blazers: B Playing well against a lot of expectations. Very streaky team.
Kings: D Cousins implosion a bad mark on the last season in Sacramento.
Spurs: A+ They're doing it again.
Raptors: C+ Some diamonds in the rough give this team a shred of hope for the future. That shred will probably get dealt to the Lakers at some point.
Jazz: D+ Utterly unable to progress with a bright young core thus far.
Wizards: B Very respectable considering their injuries and talent level. Playing solid ball upon Wall's return.

A lot of teams get over a C due to the fact that in a league with so little parity, it's impressive to find that some teams are even competing on a semi-regular basis.
You're either a hater or plain retarded. Take your pick.

RD2191
01-28-2013, 07:56 PM
lol @ thunderup, you mad because westbrick is overrated garbage

AFBlue
01-28-2013, 08:06 PM

:lol

ginobilized
01-28-2013, 08:36 PM
i love it!
has there ever been another team to have the best record and be under the radar at the same time?
good locker room material for the spurs, nothing to see here folks

Obstructed_View
01-28-2013, 08:40 PM
The Spurs don't deserve an A simply for taking so long to start Splitter and Duncan together.

look_at_g_shred
01-28-2013, 09:12 PM

Your signature picture is too damn distracting I love it lol

chapnis
01-28-2013, 09:17 PM
Your signature picture is too damn distracting I love it lol

I thoroughly agree with this statement.

Reck
01-28-2013, 09:20 PM
Only score he got right was the Bobcats and even that is being overly generous.

Spur|n|Austin
01-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Posters here are a little too giddy and think a little too highly about us being top ranked for a day.

I don't see how top of the league (in record, offense, and defense) means a B+, tbh.

What rankings for offense and defense are you looking at?

ffadicted
01-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Woooooooooooooooow

Awful fucking takes tbh....

Cry Havoc
01-28-2013, 10:28 PM
You're either a hater or plain retarded. Take your pick.

http://i.minus.com/ip7tCn1KGSMPH.gif

JRHernandez88
01-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Spurs have played most games in the nba, played a good amount without Kawhi, Sjax & Manu but still have the best home and overall record in the nba. We also did it resting Duncan and Pop for a few games lol. We're top 5 in both offense and defense too. I'd say we deserve an A. Thing is I still feel we have a lot of room for improvement...

Capt Bringdown
01-28-2013, 11:07 PM
Report card assessment for the season so far, without taking into account the postseason prospects?
A+ Duncan's surprising resurgence, Parker's growth and consistency, Splitter finally getting a chance, Blair benched where he belongs. Lots of fun games and exciting team basketball.

Cry Havoc
01-28-2013, 11:11 PM
Seriously though, I love how Thunderup thinks his team should get an A+ when they're the 2nd most talented team in the league and are currently 1 game back of the TOSB Spurs who've played more games AND more games on the road.

:lol pissed about a B-. :lol

Cry Havoc
01-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Posters here are a little too giddy and think a little too highly about us being top ranked for a day.

What rankings for offense and defense are you looking at?

We're the #1 record in the NBA by a full game.

We've played the 6th hardest schedule (the Thunder have played the 16th).

We've played more games than any other contender.

We're tied for the most games played on the road.

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2013, 12:30 AM
fck team stats

i will say this the ranking is bullshit, would it be any different if the spurs were the top seed all year?

cause our team standings would be higher if the crew didnt throw out games they were wining for 47mins to lose it in the final minute...

to date 8/10 losses should be wins...

Spur|n|Austin
01-29-2013, 12:48 AM
We're the #1 record in the NBA by a full game.

We've played the 6th hardest schedule (the Thunder have played the 16th).

We've played more games than any other contender.

We're tied for the most games played on the road.

Yeah I know exactly what got us to the top, that still doesn't change my opinion that people are a little too excited. We still have work to do, especially on D, but we're def on the right track.

Dr. Robert Lee
01-29-2013, 12:48 AM
Yeah I know exactly what got us to the top, that still doesn't change my opinion that people are a little too excited.
We're the best team in the NBA, motherfucker. Deal it. Own it. Suck it.

Spur|n|Austin
01-29-2013, 12:50 AM
We're the best team in the NBA, motherfucker. Deal it. Own it. Suck it.

My mother passed away two months ago, so not a motherfucker. Go spurs go.

rmt
01-29-2013, 12:51 AM
Spurs have played most games in the nba, played a good amount without Kawhi, Sjax & Manu but still have the best home and overall record in the nba. We also did it resting Duncan and Pop for a few games lol. We're top 5 in both offense and defense too. I'd say we deserve an A. Thing is I still feel we have a lot of room for improvement...

Yep. Don't feel that they've clicked on offense like they did on their 20-game streak last year. If they could combine present defense with that offense, I'd have hopes for another ring.

Dr. Robert Lee
01-29-2013, 12:52 AM
ima cut u

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
01-29-2013, 12:56 AM
ima cut u

u aint bout dat life..

Dr. Robert Lee
01-29-2013, 12:59 AM
u aint bout dat life..
umadbro. ur like a cancer that has infected this forum tonight, tbh.

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
01-29-2013, 01:02 AM
umadbro. ur like a cancer that has infected this forum tonight, tbh.

ha

Dr. Robert Lee
01-29-2013, 01:04 AM
ha
zingy 1 liners r ur style huh?

i can tell ur gonna be a reel asset to dis bored.

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
01-29-2013, 01:06 AM
zingy 1 liners r ur style huh?

i can tell ur gonna be a reel asset to dis bored.

rightttttttttttttttttttttttt

Dr. Robert Lee
01-29-2013, 01:06 AM
rightttttttttttttttttttttttt
cant touch me bro cum at me bro

Dr. Robert Lee
01-29-2013, 01:07 AM
ur the utlimate trolle tbh

Clipper Nation
01-29-2013, 01:09 AM
:lmao The Clippers were the third team in NBA history to record a perfect 16-0 month and only got an A-....

We got a higher grade for coaching than for the backcourt, with Chris fucking Paul as PG and V:lolnny D:loll N:lolgr:lol as "coach" :lol

These grades are horseshit, tbh...

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2013, 01:14 AM
:lmao The Clippers were the third team in NBA history to record a perfect 16-0 month and only got an A-....

We got a higher grade for coaching than for the backcourt, with Chris fucking Paul as PG and V:lolnny D:loll N:lolgr:lol as "coach" :lol

why u gettin excited over grades?

Cry Havoc
01-29-2013, 01:50 AM

Lakers with a C- is the biggest crock of shit I've ever seen. So if they were .500 they'd be a C, about average for their talent level?

Splits
01-29-2013, 01:54 AM
These were written for games through 1/23, before the Clips and T-refs lost 2 games each

TrainOfThought5
01-29-2013, 03:01 AM
why u gettin excited over grades?

no championships to temper all the butthurt.

Obstructed_View
01-29-2013, 08:16 AM

Yeah that's odd. The Clipps backcourt has been the difference in the team's improvement IMO.

Blake
01-29-2013, 10:03 AM
I think the grades are pretty good except for the bench grade of B.....which is what is bringing the overall grade down to a B+.

Not sure how anyone can give the second best bench in the league a B.

Dr. Robert Lee
01-29-2013, 10:21 AM
If we didn't trot that scrub Hero Ball out onto the court, we'd be an A+ easily. Dude is taking the Spurs down with him. It's time for Dr. Pop to kick this scum to the curb where he belongs out on the street with the other homeless people.

Cry Havoc
01-29-2013, 01:28 PM
If we didn't trot that scrub Hero Ball out onto the court, we'd be an A+ easily. Dude is taking the Spurs down with him. It's time for Dr. Pop to kick this scum to the curb where he belongs out on the street with the other homeless people.

http://www.city-connect.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/yawning.jpg

SpursNextRomanEmpire
01-29-2013, 01:33 PM
I am assuming it has to do with expectations, injuries & current record/level of play.

That's what I was thinking, overachieving/underachieving type of thing, until I saw the Lakers grade.

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2013, 01:33 PM

very consistent lately with the hating, i approve of this....

Horse
01-29-2013, 01:37 PM
I don't understand this pricks problem with kawhi, only thing he's done wrong is get hurt. And an A for indiana B+ for brooklyn and we only get a B+?

ambchang
01-29-2013, 03:22 PM
This thing made no sense (not that I really care too much about it).

The Spurs rested players to the chagrin of the league, dealt with injuries, and still have the #1 record in the league, and they got a B+, while the Pacers, a team that is expected to be middle of the road, is still middle of the road, got an A?

The Lakers were contenders, almost favourites to win the championship since the Dwight and Nash acquisitions, they are now fighting for a playoff spot, and they got a C-? Why did they create Fs in the first place? And why did the Bobcats got an F, we knew they would suck, and they sucked, doesn't that give them a C or something?

SupremeGuy
01-29-2013, 04:37 PM
These were written for games through 1/23, before the Clips and T-refs lost 2 games each:nope

Don't ruin this thread with your logic. I like reading the angry posts. lol

Baynes
01-30-2013, 09:27 AM
those grades were pathetic

phxspurfan
01-30-2013, 11:01 AM
The disappointments have come from second-year forward Leonard's inability to build on his bright rookie season and a continuing weakness on the offensive glass.

Granted he's been hurt, but people in the L are starting to see what blind Spurs homers aren't. Others in Leonard's rookie class are starting to out work and out shine him.

Kenneth Faried
Chandler Parsons
Klay Thompson
Kemba Walker

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_final_draft/2011

Granted, there are some notable busts from this draft too (Derrick Williams who? Enes Kanter who? Teach me how to Jimmer?). But Kawhi is at best a middling role player at this point.