PDA

View Full Version : Nets: Will the PJ Nets make some noise in the playoffs?

Fabbs
01-28-2013, 09:51 PM
13-4 in bouncing back tonight from b2b losses.
4th seed at present.
Only 2 games behind the Knicks, and that's with the 14-14 start behind the Lil Dictator.

What are some players saying is the difference?
MarShon Brooks
"I think P.J.'s been doing a good job of giving everybody confidence. That's 50% of coaching, in my opinion. Players go through tough stretches throughout the season, it's just very encouraging. Even the guys who were lacking confidence, for whatever reason, even our star players that were lacking confidence, it's a new start for them, a different voice. I think it's huge."

CJ Watson echoed Brooks's sentiments, calling it freedom:

"Everyone's out there playing free. No one's really worried about making mistakes. Just playing through the mistakes, playing hard, and having fun."

Brooks also noted that the Nets-Knicks rivalry has always been one, but now "we're playing for territory."
courtesy Starting 5 Online and linked by
The Brooklyn Game with live interview footage:
http://admin.thebrooklyngame.com/brooks-watson-give-p-j-carlesimo-high-coaching-marks/

Reggie Evans and Kardshians rebounds per minute are thru the roof, Evans leading the NBA at 19, offsetting any weaknesses that ST Multitroll tried to lay on Brook Lopez boarding ability. Lopez doing a solid 18/7, Joe Johnson looking great when isn't pulling his Kobme crap.
How much noise do you see the Nets making in 2013 playoffs?

ElNono
01-28-2013, 09:55 PM
first round fodder...

HarlemHeat37
01-28-2013, 10:03 PM
The Knicks, Nets and Pacers are all toss-up teams, tbh..they will battle each other until Miami decides to stop coasting..

Chicago with O-Dawg's return will be a step ahead of them, still behind Miami though..

CitizenDwayne
01-28-2013, 10:06 PM
The Knicks, Nets and Pacers are all toss-up teams, tbh..they will battle each other until Miami decides to stop coasting..

Pretty much

DPG21920
01-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Behind MIA it's all pretty open. They definitely have the talent enough to make noise if healthy. They aren't very good defensively, but I think they can actually improve in a playoff setting. I would take them over pretty much everyone but CHI/MIA tbh...NY/INDY would be tough, but as of now I'd take BKY.

DMC
01-28-2013, 11:09 PM
NY's defensive numbers are great, they have low turnovers as well. I'd take them all the way to the ECF where Miami takes a huge shit on them.

irishock
01-28-2013, 11:11 PM
NY will beat them if they can find health.

Fabbs
01-30-2013, 09:58 PM
True that.
3rd qtr.
58-57
I leave to grab some beers.
3rd qtr
79-60.

wt?

Fabbs
05-05-2013, 01:10 PM
You guys called it right.
Downfall imo was Carlesimo staying married to Joe Johnson in Game 7.
2-14 Kobme type chucking crap.

35-19 run by Carlesimo was pretty good tho.
Nets gonna make a run at Phil Jackson.