PDA

View Full Version : BEST PG'S?

4Dwin!
01-29-2013, 03:52 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?w=1ckbg&storyPage=5-on-5-130129&i=TOP&topslot=1&wjb=

look_at_g_shred
01-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Arrogant motherfuckers!! I bet if you asked them who just was named Western Conference Player of the week they would say...Steve Nash? Chris Paul? oh I know now Chancey Billups...

4Dwin!
01-29-2013, 04:13 PM
no appreciation for tp9

Hoops Czar
01-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Arrogant motherfuckers!! I bet if you asked them who just was named Western Conference Player of the week they would say...Steve Nash? Chris Paul? oh I know now Chancey Billups...

Learn to read.... TP isn't the best passer, the best defensively, the best floor general, the best shooter or the one with the most potential. How is that being arrogant motherfuckers? Some Spurs fans just have stick up their rear. And I'm not sure what Western conference player of the week has to do with anything. Spurs fans can't have it both ways... love to fly under the radar, then cry and complain when nobody talks about them.

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2013, 04:16 PM
lol the wankers fans hating haters who dont agree with them....

Spur|n|Austin
01-29-2013, 04:20 PM
When will people learn to get over the fact that BSPN has not, and will not, ever show love to the Spurs or any of their player?!

look_at_g_shred
01-29-2013, 04:49 PM
Learn to read.... TP isn't the best passer, the best defensively, the best floor general, the best shooter or the one with the most potential. How is that being arrogant motherfuckers? Some Spurs fans just have stick up their rear. And I'm not sure what Western conference player of the week has to do with anything. Spurs fans can't have it both ways... love to fly under the radar, then cry and complain when nobody talks about them.

No stick here. I do believe TP is a great floor general, but the best defensive or best passer now that's a different story. I'm not one of those fans that can't admit when the spurs suck or when a player isn't playing great. I love the spurs but I also watch the NBA in general not just SA. I gvie credit where credit is due, and TP deserves some credit in that discussion.

Brunodf
01-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Who cares, it's ESPN.

DesignatedT
01-29-2013, 04:55 PM
No Deron Williams mentions either.

look_at_g_shred
01-29-2013, 04:57 PM
Not a mention for Mike Conley for best defensive PG either..what a shame.

eric365
01-29-2013, 05:06 PM
I agree with them
You don't really have to mention TP for the best passer, shooter, young with potentiel or defender

If they had scorer, finisher or better pg overall as a categorie then he should have been at least mentionned

elemento
01-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Nothing wrong with the article.

TP is a great PG, but he is not the best passing PG, not the best shooter, defender or the guy with the most potential. He is a great floor general but he is not better than Paul on that aspect.

Still, the Andre Miller mention just made me lol. Not even in his prime he was the best passer in the NBA. And Rubio got too many mentions IMO. He is a great passer, but not the best in the NBA.

bigfan
01-29-2013, 07:16 PM
I wouldnt trade Parker for anyone not named Durant or LeBron right now.

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2013, 09:54 PM
so what you clowns are saying you wouldnt trade parker for any of the scrubs whoever is mention, even guys that are a tier below him?

andre miller can excel on a veteran strong culture team that already has a system in place that needs a real PG...

even when TJ FORD was here, who was very limited defensively and offensively was still good enough to run plays, control and dictate the pace of the game playing with the bench or starters....

you clowns should stop over glorifying parker, cause theres plenty of quality pgs in the league that could replace him on the spurs...

look_at_g_shred
01-30-2013, 12:25 AM
so what you clowns are saying you wouldnt trade parker for any of the scrubs whoever is mention, even guys that are a tier below him?

andre miller can excel on a veteran strong culture team that already has a system in place that needs a real PG...

even when TJ FORD was here, who was very limited defensively and offensively was still good enough to run plays, control and dictate the pace of the game playing with the bench or starters....

you clowns should stop over glorifying parker, cause theres plenty of quality pgs in the league that could replace him on the spurs...

The question is. Who wouldn't trade for Parker?

Drom John
01-30-2013, 12:12 PM
The question is. Who wouldn't trade for Parker?

Clippers and Thunder. (Westbrook's advantage is age.)

Obstructed_View
01-30-2013, 03:09 PM
I wouldnt trade Parker for anyone not named Durant or LeBron right now.

Howard. Don't forget Howard. Nobody would dare refuse to trade Parker for Howard.

:lol

EVAY
01-30-2013, 03:38 PM
I have said before that I think that Parker is not the best passer on this team, much less one of the best in the league.

But when you combine Parker's shooting percentage, assist numbers and points per game, he is on track to beat Larry Bird's record. That ain't half bad.

One thing that TP absolutely is.....the ONLY pg in the league who can run Pop's offense efficiently today. And after all, guys, that is his job.

eric365
01-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Agree in the Op's article but defintely not in this one:
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/16758/3-on-3-preview-heat-at-nets-8-et

3. Fact or Fiction: Deron Williams is a top-five point guard.

Haberstroh: Fact, if we only go by healthy point guards. Derrick Rose, Chris Paul, Stephen Curry and Rajon Rondo rank higher on my if-healthy list, along with Kyrie Irving, Tony Parker and Russell Westbrook. And you can probably throw Jrue Holiday in there, too. I'll say Williams sneaks in ahead of Damian Lillard and Mike Conley thanks to his strong play of late.

Wallace: Fact. Yes, he's having a down season, but the product of his entire career so far makes this an easy pick. If the list starts with Paul, Rondo and Westbrook, then Williams would slot into one of the next two spots along with Derrick Rose. But Irving, Holiday and Curry are nipping at the heels of that group.

Windhorst: Fiction. And I'm invested in "fact," too, because for years I argued I'd rather have him than Paul because of Williams' size. Then again, I also bet a friend once Ryan Leaf would have a better career than Peyton Manning. Williams actually has had a great month, but in the past three seasons, he has gone downhill offensively while Paul, Westbrook, Rose, Rondo and Parker have taken off.

BobaFett1
01-30-2013, 03:54 PM
I have said before that I think that Parker is not the best passer on this team, much less one of the best in the league.

But when you combine Parker's shooting percentage, assist numbers and points per game, he is on track to beat Larry Bird's record. That ain't half bad.

One thing that TP absolutely is.....the ONLY pg in the league who can run Pop's offense efficiently today. And after all, guys, that is his job.

TP is a top pg 5 guy for sure. Man Andre Miller is a joke and Nash game has fallen he is not a top 5 at all.

look_at_g_shred
01-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Too bad they didn't ask which current PG has the most rings? :toast

Obstructed_View
01-30-2013, 05:46 PM

I don't know when "before" is, but it's not correct anymore. He is by far the best passer on the team and is one of the top passers in the league.

EVAY
01-30-2013, 11:18 PM
I don't know when "before" is, but it's not correct anymore. He is by far the best passer on the team and is one of the top passers in the league.

I think that Manu, Duncan and Diaw are better passers than Tony on this team.

spursfan09
01-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Just because he's not a flashy passer or creative his passing is over looked. Oh and isn't he the best shooting pg with the highest percentage. Maybe that's why he won't pass so much

EVAY
01-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Just because he's not a flashy passer or creative his passing is over looked. Oh and isn't he the best shooting pg with the highest percentage. Maybe that's why he won't pass so much

I think his is the highest percentage of any other pg in the league. And he was first or second last year too, iirc.

SpursIndonesia
01-30-2013, 11:40 PM
I think his is the highest percentage of any other pg in the league. And he was first or second last year too, iirc.

Nash, while limited in everythings, shoots in quite good clip this season, doesn't he ?

Obstructed_View
01-31-2013, 11:05 AM
I think that Manu, Duncan and Diaw are better passers than Tony on this team.

And you're entitled to your opinion, even though it's wrong. Some people actually used Ricky Rubio's name in this discussion, so yours isn't the worst.

The Reckoning
01-31-2013, 11:12 AM
parker is the best at slamming perriers and that's about it

ego
02-01-2013, 02:31 PM
http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/2012-13/index.html

Spurs' Parker Can't Be Penalized Any More
Feb. 1 -- There is no shame in admitting a mistake, even one as egregious as this.
The omission of San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker from the top 10 of the Kia Race to the MVP Ladder is almost unforgivable. That's especially true when you factor in how well he has played for what is (as of right now) the league's best team.

Finally TP is the best PG in the league 4 TP 5 CP
:toast