PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC: Hateful language killing crazy crackers on the right

DarrinS
01-29-2013, 03:59 PM
You can't make this up

blslOBejfeE

Oh, Gee!!
01-29-2013, 04:04 PM
it's true: the crazy stuff candidates say can and do come back to haunt them in the form of lost votes.

boutons_deux
01-29-2013, 04:08 PM
yep, crazy, racist Repug crackers on the right gonna kill immigration reform, and then the Dems will kill them FOR THEIR HATEFUL LANGUAGE AND OBSTRUCTIONISM in 2014 and 2016 (at least in those districts where the Repugs haven't gerrymandered themselves into eternal victory).

DarrinS
01-29-2013, 04:09 PM
whiff

ChumpDumper
01-29-2013, 04:10 PM
I think Darrin is sensitive to the term "cracker" in this context.

Sorry, cracker.

DarrinS
01-29-2013, 04:25 PM
The left hears dog whistles and code words, but their own hate is clearly audible.

ChumpDumper
01-29-2013, 04:29 PM
So Darrin, you consider the word "cracker" as used above to be hate speech?

Yes or no.

George Gervin's Afro
01-29-2013, 04:50 PM
I like crackers

Spurminator
01-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Darrin Race Thread!

spursncowboys
01-29-2013, 06:16 PM
That show is constantly trying to beat out Ed Shultz

Jacob1983
01-30-2013, 01:35 AM
The liberal version of FOX News.

Winehole23
01-30-2013, 03:15 AM
The left hears dog whistles and code words, but their own hate is clearly audible.obviously the left hates, and the media openly makes fun of, white people.

there is a double standard there and a bit of hypocrisy. calling the House GOP crackers strikes me as catty and undignified for a pro broadcaster. understood that standards for diction and demeanor may be changing.

were you offended?

Wild Cobra
01-30-2013, 03:22 AM
LOL...

My sense of being offended comes from the fact society thinks it's OK to say "cracker," but not "niggеr." This too, is a double standard.

Winehole23
01-30-2013, 03:33 AM
My sense of being offended comes from the fact society thinks it's OK to say "cracker," but not "niggеr." This too, is a double standard.does the word "cracker" offend you as such, or only that its use is socially tolerated?

Wild Cobra
01-30-2013, 03:43 AM
does the word "cracker" offend you as such, or only that its use is socially tolerated?
I have a degree of discomfort when someone calls me that. No more than other derogatory words though. I do however, see it's usage every bit as racist as someone calling another a niggеr.

boutons_deux
01-30-2013, 07:59 AM
The left hears dog whistles and code words, but their own hate is clearly audible.

there is a LOT to despise, hate on what the Repugs/VRWC/1% have done and continue doing to the country.

And your BIG LIE is of false equilance, that the left is just as bad as the right, which is the ONLY defesne you right-wingers try to bring. IT SIMPLY AIN'T SO.

boutons_deux
01-30-2013, 08:06 AM
The Confederate states, their racists, their Bible-thumping "Christians", their old, white, male assholes, now dominate the Repug party, joined by ignorant, equivalent bubbas from red states. And they're all being exploited by the Repugs with on social issues to vote Repug. So, yes, cracka is the correct, appropriate word in describing the Repug Southern racists.

George Gervin's Afro
01-30-2013, 08:45 AM
I have a degree of discomfort when someone calls me that. No more than other derogatory words though. I do however, see it's usage every bit as racist as someone calling another a niggеr.

lol..

when white people are called crackers during their enslavement you may have a point...

Drachen
01-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Really WC? I didn't think that there was a single person alive (or dead) who react with anything but mild amusement when called cracker/cracka or honky.

I've posted it before but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4f9zR5yzY

I would watch the whole thing, but as it relates to this conversation: go to about 2:00.

That being said I agree that it isn't very professional for someone on the news to use.

Winehole23
01-30-2013, 10:18 AM
I have a degree of discomfort when someone calls me that. No more than other derogatory words though. I do however, see it's usage every bit as racist as someone calling another a niggеr.your zeal against racial injustice does you credit, Wild Cobra, but you might be overstating the equivalence.

Winehole23
01-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Darrin Race Thread!those mean old minorities -- in collusion with elite, self-hating liberals -- are keeping the white man down. the racism of it is just appalling.

Oh, Gee!!
01-30-2013, 10:56 AM
they called 'em crackers 'cuz they'd "crack the whip" on the backs of slaves. not so much derogatory since it implies a level of dominance and control over black people. whereas, n----r is meant to degrade and to treat blacks as less than and subservient to whites. I wouldn't say they are on equal footing, but do agree that it was an inappropriate comment by a commie lib.

Winehole23
01-30-2013, 11:01 AM
I roughly agree with that last part. It was bush.

Winehole23
01-30-2013, 11:11 AM
as for the cracker thing, I thought they were subsumed more generically as teamsters, as in "I'm just a good ole Florida cracker."

dunno. might be apocryphal.

ploto
01-30-2013, 11:39 AM
lxxI4USXv4o

Drachen
01-30-2013, 11:45 AM
lxxI4USXv4o

That is my second "cracka" go to, after the one I posted.

Spurminator
01-30-2013, 11:54 AM
they called 'em crackers 'cuz they'd "crack the whip" on the backs of slaves. not so much derogatory since it implies a level of dominance and control over black people. whereas, n----r is meant to degrade and to treat blacks as less than and subservient to whites. I wouldn't say they are on equal footing, but do agree that it was an inappropriate comment by a commie lib.

Exactly. "Cracker" has never implied social inferiority the way "n*gger" does. It's certainly not something a newsperson should say, any more than they should say "dumbass" or "pinhead" or "fatty" or "feminazi," but historical context does come into play.

Not sure why anyone wouldn't understand that, unless they really feel like the social unacceptability of saying "n*gger" places severe limits on their vocabulary.

MannyIsGod
01-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Why is anyone trying to apply logic to anything WC says?

DarrinS
01-30-2013, 12:54 PM
You people miss the point entirely. It's not about being offended by "crazy crackers" and their "hateful language". It's that the left has has created this caricature (since Obama became presdient) of crazed, hate-filled right-wing extremists and they thoroughly believe describes the majority of conservatives. It's laughable.

TeyshaBlue
01-30-2013, 12:58 PM
You people miss the point entirely. It's not about being offended by "crazy crackers" and their "hateful language". It's that the left has has created this caricature (since Obama became presdient) of crazed, hate-filled right-wing extremists and they thoroughly believe describes the majority of conservatives. It's laughable.

Only the moonbats of the far-left, (the non-thinking boutons of the world) would subscribe to that blanket assessment. That you would apply the exact same method to describing the left is not lost on most ST readers.

leemajors
01-30-2013, 12:59 PM

more self inflicted by the right than anything else imo.

boutons_deux
01-30-2013, 01:00 PM
"caricature (since Obama became presdient) of crazed, hate-filled right-wing extremists and they thoroughly believe describes the majority of conservatives."

It's not a caricature. It's an accurate portrayal of the racist, xenophobic, hate-mongering, neo-Confederate/bubba/red-state extremists in the Repug party, that the rest of the Repug politicians MUST comply with.

TeyshaBlue
01-30-2013, 01:00 PM
more self inflicted by the far-right than anything else imo.

fify...unless you want to join the hypocrisy flambe.

leemajors
01-30-2013, 01:03 PM
fify...unless you want to join the hypocrisy flambe.

true. i was thinking more they allowed their party to be... hijacked isn't quite the right word, but allowed them to be defined by the loudest voices.

Oh, Gee!!
01-30-2013, 01:07 PM

so you're analysis is to paint "The Left" with a broad brush in order to call them out for painting the "The Right" with a broad brush?

Oh, Gee!!
01-30-2013, 01:12 PM
as for the cracker thing, I thought they were subsumed more generically as teamsters, as in "I'm just a good ole Florida cracker."

dunno. might be apocryphal.

I just learned of that usage today. The Seminoles of Florida State at one point contemplated nicknaming themselves "The Crackers," according to Wikipedia. I was always more familiar with "cracker" referring to whip-cracking.

DarrinS
01-30-2013, 01:13 PM
"caricature (since Obama became presdient) of crazed, hate-filled right-wing extremists and they thoroughly believe describes the majority of conservatives."

It's not a caricature. It's an accurate portrayal of the racist, xenophobic, hate-mongering, neo-Confederate/bubba/red-state extremists in the Repug party, that the rest of the Repug politicians MUST comply with.

See?

Oh, Gee!!
01-30-2013, 01:15 PM
boutons and reporter lady speak for themselves, not for me.

Winehole23
01-30-2013, 01:25 PM
so you're analysis is to paint "The Left" with a broad brush in order to call them out for painting the "The Right" with a broad brush?rinse, lather, repeat

DarrinS
01-30-2013, 01:27 PM
so you're analysis is to paint "The Left" with a broad brush in order to call them out for painting the "The Right" with a broad brush?

My analysis is supported by exit polling data.

Oh, Gee!!
01-30-2013, 01:34 PM
My analysis is supported by exit polling data.

I musta missed the crazy cracker question on that poll

ChumpDumper
01-30-2013, 02:52 PM
You people miss the point entirely. It's not about being offended by "crazy crackers" and their "hateful language".Then maybe this shouldn't have been your stated point:
The left hears dog whistles and code words, but their own hate is clearly audible. The whining continues:
It's that the left has has created this caricature (since Obama became presdient) of crazed, hate-filled right-wing extremists and they thoroughly believe describes the majority of conservatives. It's laughable.The caricature has always existed. The fact that there are several high profile examples of Republicans actually exhibiting traits of the caricature is a huge problem for their party -- a fact they have publicly acknowledged and are attempting to address.

You can bitch and moan that the left created the caricature, but the right stupidly played right into it.

TeyshaBlue
01-30-2013, 02:58 PM

Word.

"Only the moonbats of the far-left, (the non-thinking boutons of the world) would subscribe to that blanket assessment. That you would apply the exact same method to describing the left is not lost on most ST readers. "

boutons_deux
01-30-2013, 04:05 PM
False FUCKING equivalence

there's simply no equivalent anywhere on the political/social spectrum to the extreme nuttiness, anti-scientific, racism, xenophobia, misogyny, etc, etc bullshit and lies erupting from the extreme right.

TeyshaBlue
01-30-2013, 04:06 PM
False FUCKING equivalence

there's simply no equivalent anywhere on the political/social spectrum to the extreme nuttiness, anti-scientific, racism, xenophobia, misogyny, etc, etc bullshit and lies erupting from the extreme right.

Case in point. Thx.

You couldn't even manage to figure out what I was saying, so you reflexively parrot your talking point nonsense.

boutons_deux
01-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Case in point. Thx.

You couldn't even manage to figure out what I was saying, so you reflexively parrot your talking point nonsense.

that's not broad brush, Mr Narrow Mind. the extreme right is calling the shots for the entire right.

TeyshaBlue
01-30-2013, 04:39 PM
You still can't figure out what I plainly stated. Now go to your room and think about what you've done today. While you're there, think about waddling your cowardly ass back over to the oil boom thread and answer the question.

rascal
01-30-2013, 09:18 PM

Most of the conservatives I meet are full of hate, always posting political attack propaganda on all the social media sites. They are fueled by the conservative hate propaganda machine of conservative talk radio.

boutons_deux
01-30-2013, 09:34 PM
Case in point. Thx.

you got no case that I don't stomp on

baseline bum
01-30-2013, 10:56 PM
The Confederate states, their racists, their Bible-thumping "Christians", their old, white, male assholes, now dominate the Repug party, joined by ignorant, equivalent bubbas from red states. And they're all being exploited by the Repugs with on social issues to vote Repug. So, yes, cracka is the correct, appropriate word in describing the Repug Southern racists.

OK, boutons got bubba red state racists all into one post. Does that mean we all have to finish the bottle now in LnGrrr's Spurstalk drinking game?

baseline bum
01-30-2013, 10:57 PM
Or do we only finish the bottle when he says bubba redneck red state racists?

BradLohaus
01-30-2013, 11:12 PM
Much of the MSNBC late afternoon/primetime shows are one big victim complex circle jerk; that pretty much just leaves straight white males to bash. I think it's kind of entertaining. Hell they gave Sharpton a show and he can barely speak in coherent sentences off of a teleprompter. Even SNL got on that one.

DarrinS
01-30-2013, 11:38 PM
Much of the MSNBC late afternoon/primetime shows are one big victim complex circle jerk; that pretty much just leaves straight white males to bash. I think it's kind of entertaining. Hell they gave Sharpton a show and he can barely speak in coherent sentences off of a teleprompter. Even SNL got on that one.

I'm sure boutons can interpret this

2CifYWxJXaI

Clipper Nation
01-30-2013, 11:44 PM
Or do we only finish the bottle when he says bubba redneck red state racists?
I just think it's funny that someone who refers to our president as "The Cool N!gg@" is so willing to play the race card, tbh :lol

Nbadan
01-31-2013, 12:27 AM
Then maybe this shouldn't have been your stated point: The whining continues: The caricature has always existed. The fact that there are several high profile examples of Republicans actually exhibiting traits of the caricature is a huge problem for their party -- a fact they have publicly acknowledged and are attempting to address.

You can bitch and moan that the left created the caricature, but the right stupidly played right into it.

Don't forget to add that these extremists, Limbaugh, Hannity, Glenn Beck, Coulter and O'Reilly, these guys weld unimaginable power in the current conservative movement...there maybe moon-bats on the left, but you can't tell me that liberal commentators have equal influence with Democrats...

Jacob1983
01-31-2013, 01:20 AM
Al Sharpton is the Emmit Smith of public speaking on MSNBC. He should have "hypocrite" tatooed on his forehead. Why doesn't anyone ever grill that piece of shit for "hymie town"? He is suppose to be a champion for equality of all sorts yet he bashed Jews in NYC.

boutons_deux
01-31-2013, 05:29 AM
white supremacists, many of them also "Christian", and neo-Confederate KKK, supremacists no doubt, going (even more) nuts

Gun Control Agenda Is Launching White Paranoid Extremists to Prepare for Armed Revolution

The battle over gun control has exposed a truth the mainstream media is apparently too shy to mention: A bunch of far-right, white, mostly Southern, paranoid extremists are preparing for armed revolution and apocalypse. They speak treason: literally.
They are preparing to "defend" America from America with arsenals of weapons and stockpiles of ammunition. Their "enemy" is everyone in America not like them.

They think the world is ending and/or that the government is out to get them. That doesn’t mean it will happen. But expect violence and assassinations. Their ideology is made up of equal parts racism, evangelical Christian fascination with the “end times,” hatred of President Obama, resentment of the “Old “South” variety and a Fox News/Glenn Beck/Rush Limbaugh version of world history.

“Every demographic and political trend that helped to reëlect Barack Obama runs counter to the [South’s] self-definition:…The Solid South speaks less and less for America and more and more for itself alone… Solidity has always been the South’s strength, and its weakness. The same Southern lock that once held the Democratic Party now divides the Republican Party from the socially liberal, fiscally moderate tendencies of the rest of America… The South’s vices—‘violence, intolerance, aversion and suspicion toward new ideas’—grow particularly acute during periods when it is marginalized and left behind. An estrangement between the South and the rest of the country would bring out the worst in both—dangerous insularity in the first, smug self-deception in the second.”
In the immediate aftermath of the Newtown school massacre, Ward called for the arming of teachers. "Quite frankly, I'm tired of the argument only being one-sided when there's a tragedy," Ward told reporters. "There's only one answer: more gun control, more gun control. ... This school was a gun-free zone, I believe. And the truth is, if there was one teacher or one principal armed that could have come in and ended the violence with one shot -- with one shot could have saved dozens of children."

Alan Gottlieb, founder of the Second Amendment Foundation and chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, said [8], "We need to ban politicians who assault our rights, not firearms that are used thousands of times a day to protect lives and property from criminal attack."

The Social Security Institute [9] describes itself as a “nonpartisan seniors advocacy organization.” Its Web site offers warnings about “world government” and the “New World Order.” And SSI’s president, Lawrence Hunter, wrote recently that “[a] heavily armed citizenry is not about armed revolt; it is about defending oneself against armed government oppression.” I.E., against our black president and the people – the American majority – who elected him.

Another listed sponsor of Gun Appreciation Day, RightMarch, urges supporters to “help STOP Barack Obama from grabbing unconstitutional powers to declare martial law through all of his new Presidential Executive Orders.”

The paranoid belief that the president and the federal government will confiscate guns as a precursor to a declaration of martial law is a feature of most gun groups and their far-right conspiracy theories. It’s a line the NRA has pushed. And it edges as close as a statement can to calling for the death of government officials.

All this has merged with the Paul Ryan/Ayn Rand wing of the Republican Party. A post on the Web site of Conbustible.com, also listed as a sponsor of the pro-gun event, describes public schools as “progressive indoctrination camps,” and says that “the givers (sic) shove the producers out of the way as they waddle to the trough for some more free lunch.” (Score one for Rand/Ryan.) The implication is that the “takers” need to be put in their place -- by whatever means.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/gun-control-agenda-launching-white-paranoid-extremists-prepare-armed-revolution?akid=9992.187590.4N8cjx&rd=1&src=newsletter786361&t=3

and of course, Barry's skin color is, for these rabid, circle-jerking pure assholes, not an issue. :lol

Wild Cobra
01-31-2013, 05:33 AM
Another memorable link, brought to you by our hatemonger... ShazBot....

boutons_deux
01-31-2013, 05:50 AM
Another memorable link, brought to you by our hatemonger... ShazBot....

Another bitch slapping link, a source telling straight like your beloved MSM never does or will.

Repug's base is Confederate, racist, white, male, gun-fellating, xenophobic, paranoid, with "Christian" justification, just like right wingers here.

It wouldn't be surprising if a bunch of these assholes get Ruby-Ridge'd/Waco'd.

Wild Cobra
01-31-2013, 05:55 AM
If you say so ShazBot.

TeyshaBlue
01-31-2013, 10:21 AM
I can't tell the difference between someone who disagrees with me and my RSS overlords and a wingnut. :cry

lol alternet.

The Reckoning
01-31-2013, 11:16 AM
white guilt runs rampant in media and society. are you a bad person because you're white?

cracker isn't an offensive term imo, but it's still analagous with white people.

since when has being a "white" politician been a terrible thing?

spursncowboys
01-31-2013, 12:26 PM
As a professional, I would take aim at someone coming to something with my name (brand in the anchor's case) and be that unprofessional.

Winehole23
01-31-2013, 12:56 PM
Why is anyone trying to apply logic to anything WC says?He don't short-circuit mine.

dunno. continuation?

WC will usually reply to your fucking reply. That, I like about him.

Winehole23
01-31-2013, 12:57 PM
that, and the hilarious bs he comes back with. dude makes me LOL.

Oh, Gee!!
01-31-2013, 12:58 PM
WC will usually reply to your fucking reply. That, I like about him.

I bet you do since you always reply to your own damn self in every thread.

Winehole23
01-31-2013, 01:03 PM
quality counts for better and worser. That WC has an exceptional gift, can scarcely be doubted.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187009&highlight=poster+of+the+year

boutons_deux
01-31-2013, 01:04 PM
lol alternet.

TB :lol still trash talking a fucking INTERNET PROTOCOL! :lol

Winehole23
01-31-2013, 01:04 PM
I bet you do since you always reply to your own damn self in every thread.got no choice, really. people don't do conversation so much.

boutons_deux
01-31-2013, 02:24 PM
http://www.truthdig.com/images/eartothegrounduploads/mr-fish-white-hate-Self-Portrait-320.jpg

The modest public profile of the Burkle house stands in stunning contrast with the monument in the center of Memphis to native son Nathan Bedford Forrest. Forrest, who is buried in Forrest Park under a statue of himself in his Confederate general’s uniform and mounted on a horse, is one of the most odious figures in American history. A moody, barely literate, violent man—he was not averse to shooting his own troops if he deemed them to be cowards—he became a millionaire before the war as a slave trader. As a Confederate general he was noted for moronic aphorisms such as “War means fighting and fighting means killing.” He was, even by the accounts of those who served under him, a butcher. He led a massacre at Fort Pillow (http://www1.assumption.edu/users/mcclymer/his130/p-h/pillow/default.html) in Henning, Tenn., of some 300 black Union troops—who had surrendered and put down their weapons—as well as women and children who had sheltered in the fort. Forrest was, after the war, the first grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan. He used his skills as a former cavalry commander to lead armed night raids to terrorize blacks.

Forrest, like many other white racists of the antebellum South, is enjoying a disquieting renaissance. The Sons of Confederate Veterans and the West Tennessee Historical Commission last summer put up a 1,000-pound granite marker at the entrance to the park that read “Forrest Park.” The city, saying the groups had not obtained a permit, removed it with a crane. A dispute over the park name, now raging in the Memphis City Council, exposes the deep divide in Memphis and throughout much of the South between those who laud the Confederacy and those who detest it, a split that runs like a wide fault down racial lines.

The rewriting of history in the South is a retreat by beleaguered whites into a mythical self-glorification.

They no longer spoke the same cultural language. There was no common historical narrative built around verifiable truth. A similar disconnect was illustrated last week in Memphis when the chairman of the city’s parks committee, William Boyd, informed the council that Forrest “promoted progress for black people in this country after the war.” Boyd argued that the KKK was “more of a social club” at its inception and didn’t begin carrying out “bad and horrific things” until it reconstituted itself with the rise of the modern civil rights movement.

Fliers reading “Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan Wants You to Join” appeared in the mailboxes of white families in Memphis in early January. The Ku Klux Klan also distributed pamphlets a few days ago in an Atlanta suburb (http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-news/greenville-news/KKK-driveway-fliers-prompt-police-pickup-probe/-/9654794/18245326/-/12ac8pgz/-/index.html). The Tennessee Legislature last year officially declared July 13 as Nathan Bedford Forrest Day to honor his birthday. There are 32 historical markers honoring Forrest in Tennessee alone and several in other Southern states.

The steady rise of ethnic nationalism over the past decade, the replacing of history with mendacious and sanitized versions of lost glory, is part of the moral decay that infects a dying culture. It is a frightening attempt, by those who are desperate and trapped, to escape through invented history their despair, impoverishment and hopelessness. It breeds intolerance and eventually violence. Violence becomes in this perverted belief system a cleansing agent, a way to restore a lost world. There are ample historical records that disprove the myths espoused by the neo-Confederates, who insist the Civil War was not about slavery but states’ rights and the protection of traditional Christianity. But these records are useless in puncturing their self-delusion, just as documentary evidence does nothing to blunt the self-delusion of Holocaust deniers. Those who retreat into fantasy cannot be engaged in rational discussion, for fantasy is all that is left of their tattered self-esteem. When their myths are attacked as
untrue it triggers not a discussion of facts and evidence but a ferocious emotional backlash. The challenge of the myth threatens what is left of hope. And as the economy unravels, as the future looks bleaker and bleaker, this terrifying myth gains potency.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/white_power_to_the_rescue_20130128/

racist Confederate states are ALL Repug red-states. :lol

TeyshaBlue
01-31-2013, 02:38 PM
TB :lol still trash talking a fucking INTERNET PROTOCOL! :lol

lol coward

Drachen
01-31-2013, 03:38 PM
quality counts for better and worser. That WC has an exceptional gift, can scarcely be doubted.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187009&highlight=poster+of+the+year

Wow, what a difference an election makes. I would have to move some of those around. WC would stay in the assigned spots though.

Jacob1983
01-31-2013, 04:44 PM
Hold on now, who said that only white people can touch, hold, buy, own, or fire a gun? Is this some type of new technology or something? :p: