PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Can Lakers ever win title with their own draft picks???

lebomb
01-30-2013, 09:09 AM
I mean, every title i can remember them winning has been through trading for superstars. They traded for stars.......Shaq, Odom, Gasol, MWP.....and now are trying to do it with Howard and Steve Nash.

I dont even recall the Lakers winning a title with a team of players they have actually drafted. Such as the Spurs. They didnt trade for Tim, Tony, or Manu. They were all draft picks and they added complimentary players around them. Its like the Lakers use deep pockets to buy a superstar team. So far this year, it doesnt seem to be working. I dont know. I appreciate a championship team like the Bulls, Spurs and the first Miami title team much more than the Lakers. Their teams were built through draft picks and minor trades as opposed to buying stars to win that ring. Just sayin..........

UNCLE-DREW
01-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Franchises like the lakers/knicks need somehow to stay relevant every season since they are such a big market.. can you imagine lakers in rebuilding mode and be irrelevant for the next let's say 5 years ? that's not gonna happen

Fabbs
01-30-2013, 10:11 AM
No they can't.

But with Kirby Bryant discovering how to play basketball they have a chance.

JoeTait75
01-30-2013, 10:19 AM
If they don't have to build through the draft, why would they?

Juggity
01-30-2013, 10:29 AM
They drafted James Worthy and Magic Johnson. True, they were gifted Kareem, but there was a time when 2/3 of their superstars were drafted.

And it's tough to consider Kobe a superstar these days, tbh, but he was drafted as well.

Spur_Fanatic
01-30-2013, 10:33 AM
No they can't.

But with Kirby Bryant discovering how to play basketball they might have a small chance.

fixed

Captivus
01-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Although I see your point, if a team doesn’t have lottery draft picks, they can rebuild that way, it’s impossible.
In order to do that, a team needs to suck for a few years.

The Lakers have the opportunity to do it because players want to live there.

The question I have is: Do Lakers fans have a feeling of accomplishment when winning, when all they did was get the best players they could and put them together? that’s my question. I think those wins have less meaning than the other teams wins. Probably Laker fans don’t care. They were jumping around the other day when they though Gay was going to the Lakers, they didn’t even think if that’s the solution. Some wanted to trade Gasol...I don’t know, it’s a different bread of fan.
Not saying they are worst fans than others, they just value winning in a different way.

Off course, this is my opinion...

Leetonidas
01-30-2013, 10:53 AM
They have 15* championships, I doubt they care

DeadlyDynasty
01-30-2013, 11:29 AM
lol utsa

Venti Quattro
01-30-2013, 04:25 PM
James Worthy and Magic Johnson. Your argument is invalid.

DMC
01-30-2013, 05:05 PM
They drafted James Worthy and Magic Johnson. True, they were gifted Kareem, but there was a time when 2/3 of their superstars were drafted.

And it's tough to consider Kobe a superstar these days, tbh, but he was drafted as well.

Kobe is still top 10 in the league, and you don't get more superstar than him. He's the most recognized face in the game today other than Gary Neal.

DMC
01-30-2013, 05:06 PM
James Worthy and Magic Johnson. Your argument is invalid.

Actually no, he asked "can they" not "did they".

Juggity
01-30-2013, 05:09 PM
Kobe is still top 10 in the league, and you don't get more superstar than him. He's the most recognized face in the game today other than Gary Neal.

Jeremy Lin is recognized all over the place; I'd hardly consider him a superstar.

stretch
01-30-2013, 05:15 PM

If you consistently average over 25 ppg, and are currently averaging 28 ppg, you are most certainly a superstar.

DMC
01-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Jeremy Lin is recognized all over the place; I'd hardly consider him a superstar.

What is a superstar?

Superstar is a term used to refer to a celebrity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrity) who has great popular appeal and is widely known, prominent or successful in some field. Celebrities referred to as "superstars" may include individuals who work as actors (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actor), actresses (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actress), musicians (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musician), athletes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportsperson), and other media-based professions. Particularly notable superstars now receive the appellation megastar.

So you're right, Kobe is a megastar.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercouple)

Juggity
01-30-2013, 05:35 PM
What is a superstar?

Superstar is a term used to refer to a celebrity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrity) who has great popular appeal and is widely known, prominent or successful in some field. Celebrities referred to as "superstars" may include individuals who work as actors (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actor), actresses (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actress), musicians (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musician), athletes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportsperson), and other media-based professions. Particularly notable superstars now receive the appellation megastar.

So you're right, Kobe is a megastar.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercouple)

The highlighted parts are certainly dubious claims to make about Kobe, but when paired with the "or" denoting that they may not all apply, the designation makes much more sense.

Koolaid_Man
01-30-2013, 05:44 PM
I mean, every title i can remember them winning has been through trading for superstars. They traded for stars.......Shaq, Odom, Gasol, MWP.....and now are trying to do it with Howard and Steve Nash.

I dont even recall the Lakers winning a title with a team of players they have actually drafted. Such as the Spurs. They didnt trade for Tim, Tony, or Manu. They were all draft picks and they added complimentary players around them. Its like the Lakers use deep pockets to buy a superstar team. So far this year, it doesnt seem to be working. I dont know. I appreciate a championship team like the Bulls, Spurs and the first Miami title team much more than the Lakers. Their teams were built through draft picks and minor trades as opposed to buying stars to win that ring. Just sayin..........

your mouth......put a dick in it please

Koolaid_Man
01-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Actually no, he asked "can they" not "did they".

it doesn't matter dickhead...we won 5 titles with the players we "drafted" - Magic and Worthy

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-30-2013, 05:49 PM
it doesn't matter dickhead...we won 5 titles with the players we "drafted" - Magic and Worthy

Tbh I think your thread making ability should be restored after the high quality trolling you did with that picture of Obama and kids, did Kori say how that could happen :lol

Koolaid_Man
01-30-2013, 06:04 PM
Tbh I think your thread making ability should be restored after the high quality trolling you did with that picture of Obama and kids, did Kori say how that could happen :lol

Hey KoD in all honesty you remind me of a girl that I once knew. See the thing about you that catches my eye...Is the same thing that makes me jog my mind..it's kinda hard to explain, but homie, I'll try...you need to sit down this may take a while...See this girl, she sorta acts just like you...she even types just the way you do...so innocent Kori seemed but I was fooled I'm reminded when I talk at you....You won't believe all of the things she put me through....this is why it's hard to talk to you...Thought that she was the one for me, til I found out she was on her creep with TimVP... she was PM'ing everyone, but me...this is why we could never be. Just know that you remind me of that girl, that I once knew..I see her face whenever I, I respond to you...You won't believe all of the shit she put me through....This is why it's hard to talk to you....I know it's so unfair to you,,,,That I relate her ignorance to you.Wish I knew, wish I knew how to separate the two....

LakeShow
01-30-2013, 06:09 PM

Shaq was a free agent. Kobe and Fisher were drafted and they were the only two to participate in all 5 NBA titles for the Lakers during the Kobe era. So that makes 10 titles won with the draft.

Koolaid_Man
01-30-2013, 06:13 PM
Shaq was a free agent. Kobe and Fisher were drafted and they were the only two to participate in all 5 NBA titles for the Lakers during the Kobe era. So that makes 10 titles won with the draft.

I agree but Kobe was traded not a direct draft pick

LakeShow
01-30-2013, 06:14 PM
I agree but Kobe was traded not a direct draft pick

My bad, true that.

phoenix219
01-30-2013, 07:20 PM

Doesn't count. They only drafted him because he forced his way there (out of Charlotte) - just as much a gifted / free agent deal as anything else. Definitely doesn't count as a pure draft pick.

Trainwreck2100
01-30-2013, 07:26 PM
:lol people thinking the lakers drafted kobe :lol

irishock
01-30-2013, 07:28 PM
Lakers have drafted Robert Sacre, Devin Ebanks and Derrick Caracter the past few years. Great scouts honestly

AussieFanKurt
01-30-2013, 07:44 PM
OP has a valid point. Where would Lakers be in 10 years if they landed no superstars and had to use draft?

Koolaid_Man
01-30-2013, 07:51 PM
OP has a valid point. Where would Lakers be in 10 years if they landed no superstars and had to use draft?

who knows maybe we'd "TANK"

Juggity
01-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Doesn't count. They only drafted him because he forced his way there (out of Charlotte) - just as much a gifted / free agent deal as anything else. Definitely doesn't count as a pure draft pick.

:lol That is true, I forgot about that incident

Clipper Nation
01-30-2013, 08:27 PM

Magic barely counts either.... they got lucky with a coin flip and the Jazz's pick, which they acquired through (surprise surprise) a bullshit trade...

Latarian Milton
01-30-2013, 09:01 PM
same could be said bout dem mavs as well. dirk was initially drafted by milwaukee and was traded to dallas for a pack of trash, and it was quite obvious the bucks didn't know the real limit of the german allah at that time. kobe was not drafted by the lakers either, he was acquired from hornets via a draft-night trade too. shit's common around the league imho

rascal
01-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Building through the draft and only through the draft is for the small market, poor teams in the league.

midnightpulp
01-30-2013, 11:55 PM
Magic barely counts either.... they got lucky with a coin flip and the Jazz's pick, which they acquired through (surprise surprise) a bullshit trade...

The opportunity to draft Worthy was also won via coin flip, a pick they received through, you guessed it, another lopsided trade. :lol

Lakers also caught a massive break during the Showtime era with the injury to Ralph Sampson after the Rockets steamrolled their ass in 86. If he he stayed healthy, I don't think the 87-88 repeat ever happens.

The Lakers are, quite simply, the luckiest franchise of all-time. I mean, winning two straight coin flips for the number one pick?

Clipper Nation
01-30-2013, 11:56 PM
The Lakers are, quite simply, the luckiest franchise of all-time. I mean, winning two straight coin flips for the number one pick?

They probably used a one-sided coin and told the Lakers in advance whether it was heads or tails, tbh :lol

HI-FI
01-31-2013, 12:07 AM
The opportunity to draft Worthy was also won via coin flip, a pick they received through, you guessed it, another lopsided trade. :lol

Lakers also caught a massive break during the Showtime era with the injury to Ralph Sampson after the Rockets steamrolled their ass in 86. If he he stayed healthy, I don't think the 87-88 repeat ever happens.

either luckiest franchise or recipient of Most Favored Franchise status with the NBA. probably a mixture of both. the league needs the Lakers, they are a beacon for the bandwagoners/b3aners and a lightning rod for the rest of us.

I think the real question is what the Lakers would be like with a hard cap. It wouldn't be pretty since it would be like cutting off entitlements to a TBTF bank.

Venti Quattro
01-31-2013, 12:09 AM
Spurs fans crying to death. Booo hooo hoooo, you fucking hypocrites are a team of right place and right time. Don't you dare point fingers.

midnightpulp
01-31-2013, 12:15 AM
either luckiest franchise or recipient of Most Favored Franchise status with the NBA. probably a mixture of both. the league needs the Lakers, they are a beacon for the bandwagoners/b3aners and a lightning rod for the rest of us.

I think the real question is what the Lakers would be like with a hard cap. It wouldn't be pretty since it would be like cutting off entitlements to a TBTF bank.

Still would be a solid franchise, but nowhere near dominant. They win 2 titles, tops, in the 80s. And post-Magic, Jerry West keeps them competitive and probably sneaks in a championship in the 00s. Kobe's rookie contract was up in '99, so the teacher probably makes a nice trade to surrounded Shaq with some solid role players for the future.

whitemamba
01-31-2013, 12:18 AM
Still would be a solid franchise, but nowhere near dominant. They win 2 titles, tops, in the 80s. And post-Magic, Jerry West keeps them competitive and probably sneaks in a championship in the 00s. Kobe's rookie contract was up in '99, so the teacher probably makes a nice trade to surrounded Shaq with some solid role players for the future.
:lol

midnightpulp
01-31-2013, 12:27 AM
Spurs fans crying to death. Booo hooo hoooo, you fucking hypocrites are a team of right place and right time. Don't you dare point fingers.

Not really. After the Lakers destroyed the Spurs in '01, people pretty much wrote the franchise off for the foreseeable future. Robinson was aging, the Spurs had zero youth and athleticism, and the league looked like it was going to belong the Lakers for the next 5 years. No coinflips for 1st picks or flashy free-agent signings to bail anyone out here. But since the Spurs organization actually scouts and develops talent, they were able to turn the 28th and 56th picks into two of the better stars of this generation. Not to mention all the low-key trades and signings they've made over the years (Bowen, Mohammed, Rasho) that helped.

Meanwhile, the Lakers simply look for their checkbook and see which top profile free-agent who wants to make movies they can court.

phyzik
01-31-2013, 12:33 AM
Lakers fan = Schooled by Midnightpulp.

LakeShow
01-31-2013, 01:02 AM
:lol people thinking the lakers drafted kobe :lol

:lolI forgot about that. The Lakers gave up a top center for a high school unproven guard that drafted 13th that year. Now that's how you build a team. Jerry had an eye for talent.

To answer the question, the answer is yes. They did it with Fisher and Mcgee and several other draft picks that they had during those years that I don't feel like looking up but this is silly. The Lakers are the winningest team in NBA history. They never own the top picks. You don't draft a superstar in the lower picks of the first round. Sure, the Lakers could punk out and act like bitches and see a Shaq, a Kobe, a Lebron, a DUNCAN etc. available in the draft and TANK like some teams do but where's the pride in that? You have to be the worst fucking team in the NBA to get that pick. The Lakers have too much pride for that? More teams should try to emulate the lakers style for their accomplishments in this league is second to none. The records speak for themselves.

td4mvp2k
01-31-2013, 01:21 AM
Lakers F'd on the picks!

midnightpulp
01-31-2013, 01:23 AM
:lolI forgot about that. The Lakers gave up a top center for a high school unproven guard that drafted 13th that year. Now that's how you build a team. Jerry had an eye for talent.

To answer the question, the answer is yes. They did it with Fisher and Mcgee and several other draft picks that they had during those years that I don't feel like looking up but this is silly. The Lakers are the winningest team in NBA history. They never own the top picks. You don't draft a superstar in the lower picks of the first round. Sure, the Lakers could punk out and act like bitches and see a Shaq, a Kobe, a Lebron, a DUNCAN etc. available in the draft and TANK like some teams do but where's the pride in that? You have to be the worst fucking team in the NBA to get that pick. The Lakers have too much pride for that? More teams should try to emulate the lakers style for their accomplishments in this league is second to none. The records speak for themselves.

You tanked for Bynum, faggot.

HI-FI
01-31-2013, 01:31 AM
i know it's been said before but midnightpulp is the closest Lakers fans will get to experiencing the joys of Eagleton for themselves.

mrjap2x
01-31-2013, 01:34 AM
They didn't tank they were just bad.

LakeShow
01-31-2013, 01:34 AM

They tanked for the 10th pick. Brilliant bitch!

midnightpulp
01-31-2013, 01:42 AM
They tanked for the 10th pick. Brilliant bitch!

You tanked to get into the lottery to have a chance at drafting Bynum, who Jim Buss has had a hardon for since the McDonald's All-American game. Bynum was on the Lakers' radar midway through that season, and once it became apparent that the Lakers wouldn't do shit if they made the playoffs, Kobe, the "warrior" who plays through any and all injuries, conveniently missed the last 3rd of the season, and the Lakers, 32-29 at that point, went 2-19 to close the season.

Yeah, a .500 team suddenly going 2-19 isn't tanking at all :lmao

LakeShow
01-31-2013, 01:58 AM
You tanked to get into the lottery to have a chance at drafting Bynum, who Jim Buss has had a hardon for since the McDonald's All-American game. Bynum was on the Lakers' radar midway through that season, and once it became apparent that the Lakers wouldn't do shit if they made the playoffs, Kobe, the "warrior" who plays through any and all injuries, conveniently missed the last 3rd of the season, and the Lakers, 32-29 at that point, went 2-19 to close the season.

Yeah, a .500 team suddenly going 2-19 isn't tanking at all :lmao

New team, New coach, Only superstar hurt. End of story. Right, the Lakers knew that their chance to get the Number one pick would result in drafting Bynum. Thats some stupid shit. They played their hand that was dealt to them and once again made a wise decision that paid off. Tanking is winning 20 games with your superstar center David Robinson and sean . 20 fucking games? Now thats tanking in a big m.f way.

midnightpulp
01-31-2013, 02:11 AM
New team, New coach, Only superstar hurt. End of story. Right, the Lakers knew that their chance to get the Number one pick would result in drafting Bynum. Thats some stupid shit. They played their hand that was dealt to them and once again made a wise decision that paided off. Tanking is winning 20 games with your superstar center David Robinson and sean ******. 20 fucking games? Now thats tanking in a big m.f way.

Are you fuckin' stupid? David Robinson played 7 games and Elliott played 39 games that season.

That new coach and single superstar was good enough to get the Lakers 3 games above .500 61 games into the season. What? Did they suddenly forget how to play basketball? They tanked to get into the draft to have an opportunity to draft Bogut, Paul, Williams, or Bynum. I emphasize Bynum because I remember the Lakers having heavy interest in him from the start.

Oh, and I just had another look at that 2-19 streak, and Kobe did indeed play 11 games in that span. So he was complicit in the tanking, as well :lol

irishock
01-31-2013, 02:12 AM
If the Lakers win the title this year, the amount of bumps will be astronomical.

LakeShow
01-31-2013, 02:40 AM
Are you fuckin' stupid? David Robinson played 7 games and Elliott played 39 games that season.

That new coach and single superstar was good enough to get the Lakers 3 games above .500 61 games into the season. What? Did they suddenly forget how to play basketball? They tanked to get into the draft to have an opportunity to draft Bogut, Paul, Williams, or Bynum. I emphasize Bynum because I remember the Lakers having heavy interest in him from the start.

Oh, and I just had another look at that 2-19 streak, and Kobe did indeed play 11 games in that span. So he was complicit in the tanking, as well :lol

Typical spurs fan, talking out your ass. You also said this,
Kobe, the "warrior" who plays through any and all injuries, conveniently missed the last 3rd of the season

Thats how I feel about Robinson and Elliott. Convenient injuries.

New team, New Coach, Lamar hurt, Kobe hurt. They were bad not tanking. The Spurs had enough players to not to lose 61 games. Obvious tank job knowing that you would have the best opportunity to have the first pick.

LakeShow
01-31-2013, 03:06 AM
Correction: 62 games. I mean, it takes a real commitment to lose 62 games.

LakeShow
01-31-2013, 03:23 AM
You tanked with Robinson too. Spurs secret to success? Tank!

midnightpulp
01-31-2013, 11:55 AM
Typical spurs fan, talking out your ass. You also said this,
Kobe, the "warrior" who plays through any and all injuries, conveniently missed the last 3rd of the season

Thats how I feel about Robinson and Elliott. Convenient injuries.

New team, New Coach, Lamar hurt, Kobe hurt. They were bad not tanking. The Spurs had enough players to not to lose 61 games. Obvious tank job knowing that you would have the best opportunity to have the first pick.

So convenient that it required surgery and David Robinson was never the same player again after that season. The broken foot after his comeback in December was real convenient, too.

And yet they were good enough to play .500 ball for the majority of the season. Once Jerry, Jimbo, and Mitch realized they weren't going to do shit in the playoffs, they ordered the tank job.

Oh damn, I was mistaken again. Looking at BBball reference, Kobe played 19 games during that 2-19 stretch, in which the Lakers went 2-17 (including losses to the 21-46 Jazz, the 33-48 Warriors, and the 27-55 Blazers). No team that has fuckin' Caron Butler and Kobe Bryant should go 2-17. They had more than enough players to not go 2-17.

They tanked. And Kobe being complicit in an on court tank job is much, much worse than sitting out with a convenient injury.

Thought the Mamba had more pride than that. But considering he's a snitch and a pervert, I'm not at all surprised.

UZER
01-31-2013, 02:34 PM
If the Lakers win the title this year, the amount of bumps will be astronomical.

why? They would have just done what any team with that much talent is expected to do. They fact that they suck is absolutely atrocious. They have zero excuses to justify their record.

And can someone tell me how many titles worthy and magic won without Kareem?.... who was, like always, the best center in the game they didn't draft.

LakeShow
01-31-2013, 11:38 PM
So convenient that it required surgery and David Robinson was never the same player again after that season. The broken foot after his comeback in December was real convenient, too.

And yet they were good enough to play .500 ball for the majority of the season. Once Jerry, Jimbo, and Mitch realized they weren't going to do shit in the playoffs, they ordered the tank job.

Oh damn, I was mistaken again. Looking at BBball reference, Kobe played 19 games during that 2-19 stretch, in which the Lakers went 2-17 (including losses to the 21-46 Jazz, the 33-48 Warriors, and the 27-55 Blazers). No team that has fuckin' Caron Butler and Kobe Bryant should go 2-17. They had more than enough players to not go 2-17.

They tanked. And Kobe being complicit in an on court tank job is much, much worse than sitting out with a convenient injury.

Thought the Mamba had more pride than that. But considering he's a snitch and a pervert, I'm not at all surprised.

Your whole argument is a mistake.

I'm insulted that you would have the audacity to question the heart of (quoting Robert Horry) "One of the Greatest, if not THE Greatest player to ever play the game". Show some respect bitch. If I wasn't a christian man i would kick your ass! (realtalk)

Now back to that piece of shit franchise aka the San Antonio Spurs. The Spurs just came off seasons of winning 62 and 59 games. They went from 59 wins, returning most of their team, adding Wilkins and Maxwell, Popovich coaching ( 17-49) and they could not win more than 20 games? That's the steepest one-year decline in wins and loses in NBA history, IN HISTORY. That means its never been done, so you have to ask, Why the Spurs? The Vancouver Grizzlies won 11 games that season and they beat the Spurs twice. hmm There really is no secret to the the Spurs success? Its Tanking.

Clipper Nation
02-01-2013, 12:01 AM
They went from 59 wins, returning most of their team, adding Wilkins and Maxwell, Popovich coaching ( 17-49) and they could not win more than 20 games? That's the steepest one-year decline in wins and loses in NBA history, IN HISTORY. That means its never been done, so you have to ask, Why the Spurs? The Vancouver Grizzlies won 11 games that season and they beat the Spurs twice. hmm There really is no secret to the the Spurs success? Its Tanking.

You're a dumbfuck..... D-Rob and Elliott missed significant time that season..... I guess the Heat were "tanking" too the year that Shaq, Wade, Haslem, Zo, and Wright all got injured?

LakeShow
02-01-2013, 12:13 AM
You're a dumbfuck..... D-Rob and Elliott missed significant time that season..... I guess the Heat were "tanking" too the year that Shaq, Wade, Haslem, Zo, and Wright all got injured?

Move along little bitch, Grown folks are talking here. KNow your role.

Clipper Nation
02-01-2013, 12:16 AM
Move along little bitch, Grown folks are talking here. KNow your role.

:lol Deflecting from your shitty take

ElNono
02-01-2013, 12:17 AM
:lol Deflecting from your shitty take

Sup CN... how's it feel to be the best team in LA, tbh?

Clipper Nation
02-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Sup CN... how's it feel to be the best team in LA, tbh?

It was novel at first, but I'm pretty much used to it by now, tbh... the Lakers sucking never gets old, though :lol

LakeShow
02-01-2013, 12:20 AM
Get a room!

ElNono
02-01-2013, 12:20 AM
It was novel at first, but I'm pretty much used to it by now, tbh... the Lakers sucking never gets old, though :lol

Lakers? Is that what the Sparks are called now, or is it NBDL? I'm looking at playoffs team in the West and I can't see it.

td4mvp2k
02-01-2013, 12:42 AM
Get a room!Get a TEAM! :lol

midnightpulp
02-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Your whole argument is a mistake.

I'm insulted that you would have the audacity to question the heart of (quoting Robert Horry) "One of the Greatest, if not THE Greatest player to ever play the game". Show some respect bitch. If I wasn't a christian man i would kick your ass! (realtalk)

Now back to that piece of shit franchise aka the San Antonio Spurs. The Spurs just came off seasons of winning 62 and 59 games. They went from 59 wins, returning most of their team, adding Wilkins and Maxwell, Popovich coaching ( 17-49) and they could not win more than 20 games? That's the steepest one-year decline in wins and loses in NBA history, IN HISTORY. That means its never been done, so you have to ask, Why the Spurs? The Vancouver Grizzlies won 11 games that season and they beat the Spurs twice. hmm There really is no secret to the the Spurs success? Its Tanking.

But they didn't return "most of their team," you dumbfuck. David Robinson, the Spurs' only superstar, missed 76 games, and Sean Elliott, their best perimeter player, missed 43 games.

And lol at thinking adding a 69 year old 'Nique was going to resolve anything.

If the Spurs were tanking, they Lakers were better at it. That year, the Spurs, with a depleted line-up, actually managed to win 5 games over the final 21 games of the season. The Lakers, with Kobe Bryant and Caron Butler playing 19 games each, only won 2 :lol

So either Kobe is a terrible leader who needs a stacked as fucked roster to lead his team to a decent record, or he was complicit in the tank job.

Pick a lane, faggot.

LakeShow
02-01-2013, 02:05 AM
But they didn't return "most of their team," you dumbfuck. David Robinson, the Spurs' only superstar, missed 76 games, and Sean Elliott, their best perimeter player, missed 43 games.

And lol at thinking adding a 69 year old 'Nique was going to resolve anything.

If the Spurs were tanking, they Lakers were better at it. That year, the Spurs, with a depleted line-up, actually managed to win 5 games over the final 21 games of the season. The Lakers, with Kobe Bryant and Caron Butler playing 19 games each, only won 2 :lol

So either Kobe is a terrible leader who needs a stacked as fucked roster to lead his team to a decent record, or he was complicit in the tank job.

Pick a lane, faggot.

:lol Exactly! To think that the Spurs thought that 69 year old Nique was going to help them win games is laughable. Surely that franchise is not that stupid. Of course they're not. They didn't want to win, they wanted to TANK!

Get off the lame injury defense. Everybody goes through them, why not you? Not everybody punks out to get the top pick though. That honor belongs to your San Antonio Spurs.

Kobe lost his top 8 team mates and still managed to win 34 games. The Mamba is the shit, bitch!

Clipper Nation
02-01-2013, 02:18 AM
Get off the lame injury defense. Everybody goes through them, why not you?

Every team goes through their superstar missing 76 games? :lol

The Spurs didn't tank that year, they were injury-depleted and just sucked...

ElNono
02-01-2013, 02:34 AM
Kobe is the typical passive-aggressive bitch... :lol

- He fakes an injury to tank and land Bynum, then turns around and wants to ship his ass out
- He rides Shaq to 3 titles (should've been 4, but he couldn't help himself in 2004 and thought he was the star crofl) then turns around and snitches on him
- He finally gets rid of Shaq and is handed the keys to the team, then turns around and demands to be traded if the FO doesn't bring him 'help'
- He rides Gasol for 2 titles then turns around and has his wife talk shit to Pau's girlfriend

Kobe knobslobbers just have no memory when it comes to modern-era Pippen, tbh...

Man In Black
02-01-2013, 03:43 AM
This shit is fucking funny. Apparently LAL Bandwagon thinks that a team can lose it's top 4 players for a significant amount of games and still make it to the playoffs in the West.
LS failed to point out that current LAL Assistant Coach Chuck Person, one of those top 4 players of that Spurs team, was injured for the ENTIRE SEASON. So...NO DRob, NO Sean, NO Chuck Person, and Clipper fan can attest to how good Power Forward Charles Smith was at 1 time, NO Charles Smith. Top 4 players gone means season done. Plus, they didn't even have the most chances at #1...Boston did. Boston could say they lost 5 players due to injuries but really, Frank Brickowski, Dee Brown, Dana Barros, Dino Radja and Greg Minor all combined didn't have the amount of All-Star appearances that DRob had. So who really tanked?

Let's see, if the LAL lost Bean, DHO, Gasol, and Steve Nash, according to LS, then a team can man up and still make the playoffs. But really, without those 4, there ain't no way in hell they can make the playoffs. What's funny is you have at least 3 of those guys healthy and currently, they still ain't in the playoffs.

Say thank you to the Jazz for taking Gail Goodrich and then sucking to give the overall #1 pick which became Magic, say thank you to Ted Stepien and the Cleveland Cavs for taking on Missing Beach Boy Don Ford and a failed #1 pick for the rights to #1 pick James Worthy and Butch Lee. Ted Stepien got worked so bad in his stint as owner/GM that the NBA actually has a rule called the Ted Stepien rule:
http://basketball.about.com/od/collegebasketballglossary/g/ted-stepien-rule.htm

Might as well throw in the farce of a trade for Pout Gasol. Memphis didn't even get the best deal, at the time, in return for Gasol. While Marc has turned out to be an amazing pick, at that time, Chicago had better chips in the game but Memphis went LAL.

I don't even hate the LAL...it's you bandwagon fans that draw some ire.

I do remember reading about a time when Lakers won with their own picks, it was when they were in Minneapolis.

UZER
02-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Kobe is the typical passive-aggressive bitch.

this is Laker fan in a nutshell....

we staaaaaacked bended over nba

haha laughing at our rough start...we'll be fine

fire brown he sucks...*hire dantoni* 7 seconds or less bitches

Lakers keep losing *crickets*

*sneeks back into forum* hey I just wanna talk real basketball takes...stop being mean!

*Lakers with 3 in a row* we baaaack...bend over NBA....anyone wanna makes bets...if the spurs win the title I'll give you $500, if the Lakers win 3 more games this season you give me $500....whats the matter?...dont have faith in your team?

damn...we suck.