PDA

View Full Version : Injury Update: Tim Duncan and Blair Out vs Bobcats

ace3g
01-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN (https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN) Tim Duncan (left knee soreness) out again tonight vs Cats. DeJuan Blair also out with a right knee effusion.

Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN (https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN) DeJuan Blair has fluid and swelling on his knee, is what that means apparently.

Drachen
01-30-2013, 11:37 AM
Baynes gets another chance!

Kuestmaster
01-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Effusion? Wtf is that
And I'm just hoping they are holding out Tim to give him 4 days more of rest. If it's something serious we are fucked. Let's hope he can get back in rythm fast.

KL2
01-30-2013, 11:39 AM

Or would could see small ball all night long....

ace3g
01-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Mike Monroe ‏@Monroe_SA (https://twitter.com/Monroe_SA) Duncan participated in shootaround and Blair is stepping away on elliptical but neither playing tonite

bklynspursfan
01-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Baynes.....

DesignatedT
01-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Blair hurting his trade value.

bus driver
01-30-2013, 11:43 AM
what about crater face? that no tie wearing SOB.

Drachen
01-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Blair hurting his trade value.

Or

Blair trade agreed upon in principle, and don't want him to play until done deal so he doesn't get injured.

BadOne
01-30-2013, 11:45 AM
What's the deal with Timmy's knee? I didn't see him injure himself during his last game...is this something serious or is it CIA Pop?

:bang

Spur|n|Austin
01-30-2013, 11:46 AM
I'm all for TD getting as much rest as possible, I hope DB isn't out too long, as it can hurt his trade value. Him getting extended minutes lately has been good for that.

manufan10
01-30-2013, 11:49 AM

Baynes.....

I hope we get to see him in some action other than garbage minutes.

tp2021
01-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Blair is totally traded.

Hoops Czar
01-30-2013, 12:00 PM
They don't need ducan for the next two games. Might as well sit him out til the start of the RRT. If he's not back by then, it's something to worry about.

Hoops Czar
01-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Blair is totally traded.

As of now, he wouldn't even pass his physical.

Texas_Ranger
01-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Duncan would probably play if it was an important game, but for the Bobcats and the Wizards the Spurs don't really need him.

manufan10
01-30-2013, 12:13 PM
Blair is totally traded.

I hope this is the case.

Bruno
01-30-2013, 12:14 PM
It's hard to know whether or not we should be worried with Tim. It looks a lot like Spurs are just being extra cautious with his knee. Given his history/state, it's with a doubt the right move. Spurs have also only 6 b2b left on their schedule and I would say it's likely Pop won't allow Tim to play these.

It sucks for Blair. For the first time in weeks, he get some playing time with a combined 37 minutes in a b2b and, as a result, his knee is swollen. It sounds a lot like the end of the road for him while he is still only 23 and on his rookie contract. Even if there are tons of people in a worst situation, I'm feeling a little sorry for him.

I. Hustle
01-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN (https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN) Tim Duncan (left knee soreness) out again tonight vs Cats. DeJuan Blair also out with a right knee effusion.

Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN (https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN) DeJuan Blair has fluid and swelling on his knee, is what that means apparently.

If the fluid is just ON his knee then why can't he just take it off? Towels

callo1
01-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Or

Blair trade agreed upon in principle, and don't want him to play until done deal so he doesn't get injured.

This

Raven
01-30-2013, 12:26 PM
If the fluid is just ON his knee then why can't he just take it off? Towels

because it is on his knee and not on the skin around the knee.

spurraider21
01-30-2013, 12:27 PM
The time has come for Charlotte's reckoning... Baynes sighting appears imminent

Raven
01-30-2013, 12:28 PM
well, Splitter should have a career game tonight, something like a 20-17 if he indeed plays 40 minutes doesn't seem out of range.

Darkwaters
01-30-2013, 12:29 PM
What's the deal with Timmy's knee? I didn't see him injure himself during his last game...is this something serious or is it CIA Pop?

:bang

Probably nothing. This was a good opportunity to give him an extended rest. Tonight continues that trend as we play the Bobcats - one of the league's worst teams.

I'm sure Duncan is probably just getting rest. But if the team didn't declare that some manner of "injury" was the cause then what kind of substantial sanctions do you think we'd get then?

Brazil
01-30-2013, 12:31 PM
I hope TP keeps on drinking gatorade tbh

Mugen
01-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Tim practicing yesterday and at shootaround today is encouraging news. Obviously not the best news but this can be expected when you're dealing with a 36yo with knee issues. At least it happened during a favorable time in the schedule, where Pop doesn't have to play him.

Like Bruno said, I'd feel very bad for DeJuan if this was the beginning of the end for him. He played great during the b2b and was hoping he'd be able to play for another 3-4 years with another team.

elemento
01-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Tony Parker will go for 30+ tonight.

ajballer4
01-30-2013, 12:37 PM
BAYNES.

Darkwaters
01-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Tony Parker will go for 30+ tonight.

I'm thinking Tiago is going to go off tonight. Could mean a lot of TP assists.

Chinook
01-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Blair's definitely in trouble. If Baynes looks competent tonight, then that would hurt Blair's playing time even if he comes back fine after this injury. I don't know if any team would trade for him now with his obvious limitations. He's probably most useful as an expiring. A team can move a player on a post-lottery rookie deal that they don't want to pay next year. Perhaps the Wizards would be interested in trading Singleton for Blair and the rights to Hanga?

As far as Blair's future, I think he can continue to stay in the league in the capacity he's in now. Even with his weak knees, he's still good for a game or two. That has value to a team who needs to rest starters often, like the Spurs.

Bill_Brasky
01-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Damn, timvp may have been right bout Blair's knees.....that sucks.

Budkin
01-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Damn Timmy's still out? Ugh

biskvito
01-30-2013, 12:51 PM
What's the deal with Timmy's knee? I didn't see him injure himself during his last game...
he was limping a bit in his last game

silverblackfan
01-30-2013, 01:01 PM
If Blair can maintain his conditioning and be ready for those occasional games, like Mills is doing right now, he will be valuable to any NBA team. He is affordable and can go off on some nights. How many big men his age have put up gaudy numbers like he has done in occasional games? Sure he is short for his position and not as good defensively as we would like, but he is still an NBA player. And he works hard, has a pretty good attitude, and the team likes him.

timvp
01-30-2013, 01:17 PM
Logically, it makes sense to keep Duncan out for this game and probably the next game. I'm sure a lot of us are anxious to see him play just to make sure it's not something that will hinder him from staying at his amazing, time-defying form. Going through shootaround, IMO, is a great sign that it's nothing too horrible. But, yeah, we'll just have to wait and hope.

As for Blair, this sucks for him. I've been holding out hope that it was his ankle that forced his struggles ... but this makes it seem more likely it's his knees. I'm assuming he can have good games here and there after an extended rest but any type of consistent use of his knee will cause it to swell. IIRC, this is the first game he's missed specifically due to a knee condition in either college or the NBA. Whatever bounce his trade value got after the Mavs game has now gone away ... and then some.

Strategic
01-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Maybe next time Pop has to say TD is questionable he can give us all a big wink and a crooked grin, that way we won't lose any more sleep over the big guy?

SupremeGuy
01-30-2013, 01:37 PM
As others have said, since Duncan is going through shootaround, I'm not too worried. They'll probably keep him out tonight and Saturday against the Wizards. A nice long mid-season break might be exactly what he needs to continue his brilliant season.

As for Blair, I'm thinking a trade for him is about to be finalized.

Darius McCrary
01-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Absolutely sucks for Blair. Hope he gets back soon. And why in the world do people assume Baynes will be good? It's like people don't realize this guy will be trying to fit into Pop's scheme, which will be very difficult, atleast defensively.

DapDaGenius
01-30-2013, 01:53 PM
I talked to Blair the other day, he said he if he gets traded he would like to go to the Rockets, Knicks, or Bobcats.

manufan10
01-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Maybe next time Pop has to say TD is questionable he can give us all a big wink and a crooked grin, that way we won't lose any more sleep over the big guy?

Something like this?

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1646063_o.gif

stnick2261
01-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Absolutely sucks for Blair. Hope he gets back soon. And why in the world do people assume Baynes will be good? It's like people don't realize this guy will be trying to fit into Pop's scheme, which will be very difficult, atleast defensively.

Because Baynes comes from the Australian national team which is coached by Spurs assistant coach Brett Brown who uses the Spurs system and plays. Theoretically, Baynes already knows the system and what to do, he just has to get used to his teammates

Dr. Robert Lee
01-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Blair - scrub.

Dr. Robert Lee
01-30-2013, 02:06 PM
I talked to Blair the other day, he said he if he gets traded he would like to go to the Rockets, Knicks, or Bobcats.
Yeah, and I talked to Tim Duncan a few minutes ago at his house and he told me that he's taking tonight's game off so he can sooth Amy.

GB20
01-30-2013, 02:09 PM
I talked to POP last week and now I have the fucking flu.

tenbeersbold
01-30-2013, 02:19 PM
Yeah, and I talked to Tim Duncan a few minutes ago at his house and he told me that he's taking tonight's game off so he can sooth Amy.
And YOU are a complete dipshit w/ equally shitty takes
My advice...STOP POSTING

JRHernandez88
01-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Blair was doing good :cry

EricB
01-30-2013, 02:29 PM

You mean the system he plays under quite a bit with the Australian national team? Like Patty Mills?

boutons_deux
01-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Damage to any part of your knee can cause the painful buildup of excess joint fluid. Examples of traumatic injuries that cause fluid buildup in and around the knee joint are:

Broken bones
Meniscus tear
Ligament tear
Overuse injuries

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water-on-the-knee/DS00662/DSECTION=causes

IIRC, this is first Blair health report about knee trouble.

Strategic
01-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Something like this?

:smokin That should do it!

heyheymymy
01-30-2013, 02:56 PM
pop and duncan are taking 15 days off to train baynes behind the scenes. the washington game is the last they'll skip. notice how they both vanished right when baynes arrived? he is getting a crash course lesson from the big fund and the goat coach. tim will rage when he returns from 15 days game-rest, but his shot will be a bit rusty at first.

blair is out b/c a trade is imminent.

coach bud is auditioning, but for the seattle job, not the future spurs gig.

/cia pop

/blue text

Mel_13
01-30-2013, 03:04 PM

I see that management gave you a new username and avatar.

Nice.

Obstructed_View
01-30-2013, 03:08 PM

:lmao

DapDaGenius
01-30-2013, 03:22 PM

I'm serious tho...:depressed

elemento
01-30-2013, 03:23 PM
I feel sorry for Blair. Hopefully Timmy is ok.

playblair is probably very sad right now

Juggity
01-30-2013, 03:34 PM
what about crater face? that no tie wearing SOB.

Pop is back (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2013/01/29/pop-returns-duncan-remains-questionable/)

DrunkTXLabrat
01-30-2013, 03:49 PM

i hope that means spurs are interested in white.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-30-2013, 04:03 PM
the longer tim rests the better. we are deep enough to handle the crappy teams on this run. blairs out too. well i actually think that helps maintain his high value from that mavs game. he wont go out there and blow it, everybody already knows about his knees. maybe it does mean trade imminent? we get a good look at baynes tonight. i'm excited and hopeful. doesn't know the system, sucked for less than a minute? give me a break, im pretty sure he played under it with mills for that aussie team? he shouldn't have even dressed for that less than minute he got. bud does seem like he's getting showcased for the kings/sonics. i think pop let him sink or swim. he's swimming, so pop is considerin retirement or bud is getting showcased. had he sank, pop coulda dodged the all star game.

MVPCues
01-30-2013, 04:03 PM
If Blair is traded, think PayBlair goes away?

Dr. Robert Lee
01-30-2013, 04:13 PM
I see that management gave you a new username and avatar.

Nice.
Last time I checked Robert E. Lee wasn't a doctor, but I'll take what I can get.

Dr. Robert Lee
01-30-2013, 04:13 PM
And YOU are a complete dipshit w/ equally shitty takes
My advice...STOP POSTING
Thanks, man. Coming from you, I appreciate it.

Mel_13
01-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Last time I checked Robert E. Lee wasn't a doctor, but I'll take what I can get.

He wasn't a coyote either.

DapDaGenius
01-30-2013, 04:15 PM
If Blair is traded, think PayBlair goes away?

Hopefully. By some strange happening, I'm hoping Blair goes to the Bucks if he gets traded. Seeing that that is PlayBlair's team. Doubt we could get anything of worth from the Bucks for Blair tho.

manufan10
01-30-2013, 05:14 PM
Hopefully. By some strange happening, I'm hoping Blair goes to the Bucks if he gets traded. Seeing that that is PlayBlair's team. Doubt we could get anything of worth from the Bucks for Blair tho.

They owe the Spurs for Richard Jefferson, tbh.

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
01-30-2013, 05:31 PM
We better see Baynes at some point tonight then.
since im assuming tiago and boris are starting
baynes comes in for tiago and gay ass matt bonner comes in for diaw

LonghornMike
01-30-2013, 05:32 PM
IIRC, this is first Blair health report about knee trouble.

Pretty surprising a kid with no ACLss hasn't had any issues yet, but it's just a matter of time before that decrease in ligamentous stability in his knee catches up to him. Without ACLs, he's going to develop arthritis at a much younger age. The deterioration of his knees is going to happen faster for him, especially when you consider that he hasn't had his ACLs since high-school and has had years of college and pro basketball to top it off.

dbreiden83080
01-30-2013, 05:33 PM
Just keeping resting Tim during this easy stretch, no point in pushing it. They don't have a real tough game until 2/10 in Brooklyn... He'll probably be back before then though..

Wildcat67
01-30-2013, 05:42 PM
As the poster above me said, I think they are using this easy stretch to give Timmy an extended rest. No sense bringing him back now even if he is 100%. Just let him fill up his gas tank to the brim to make sure he stays at his high level for the rest of the year. Sort of a mid season break.

I hope we keep him out until the All-star game.

Darius McCrary
01-30-2013, 05:52 PM
You mean the system he plays under quite a bit with the Australian national team? Like Patty Mills?

I'm just saying, this board loves to overrate every scrub we sign. This guy has never played any NBA ball, there's probably a reason for that. There prob a reason he was available, and it likely isn't because he's really awesome.

objective
01-30-2013, 06:08 PM
It sucks for Blair. For the first time in weeks, he get some playing time with a combined 37 minutes in a b2b and, as a result, his knee is swollen. It sounds a lot like the end of the road for him while he is still only 23 and on his rookie contract. Even if there are tons of people in a worst situation, I'm feeling a little sorry for him.

Yeah, I feel bad for Blair because he's probably going to be broke real fast. He made peanuts in the NBA, that can't last. Hope he didn't finance those autotune music videos. Plus his ladyfriends weren't messing around with broke dudes.

Man In Black
01-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Effusion means swelling. I seem to recall Blair diving to the floor in an effort to save the ball from going out and he laid out completely for it against the Suns. If he banged his knee then, it's not unusual for that to start swelling in the joint. If anything, reduction of swelling would be good for him but that's something that has to happen naturally. Sure you can use hot and cold modalities plus meds to reduce the time along with medication but since the guy has no ACL's, it's best to let it happen naturally. The body knows best.

EricB
01-30-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm just saying, this board loves to overrate every scrub we sign. This guy has never played any NBA ball, there's probably a reason for that. There prob a reason he was available, and it likely isn't because he's really awesome.

The amount of ridiculousness in this post is mind numbing...

Dr. Robert Lee
01-30-2013, 07:09 PM
He wasn't a coyote either.
Who's keeping track, though?

ace3g
01-30-2013, 07:40 PM
dan mccarney ‏@danmccarneysaen (https://twitter.com/danmccarneysaen) Matt Bonner (right knee) will also sit tonight, joining Duncan (left knee) and Blair (right knee). #LetBonnerSit (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23LetBonnerSit&src=hash)

Baynes!!!

Wildcat67
01-30-2013, 07:41 PM
dan mccarney ‏@danmccarneysaen (https://twitter.com/danmccarneysaen) Matt Bonner (right knee) will also sit tonight, joining Duncan (left knee) and Blair (right knee). #LetBonnerSit (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23LetBonnerSit&src=hash)

Baynes!!!

I don't see how he couldn't play.

playblair
01-30-2013, 07:47 PM
take ur time healing blair u will be needed 4 the playoffs ................ blair >>>>>>>>>diaw/bonner

DesignatedT
01-30-2013, 07:47 PM
Damn. Baynes gettin some burn tonight!

crc21209
01-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Damn. Even if it is against the Bobcats, we are REALLY gonna be thin on the front line now. Is Bonner's injury legit? How can Bonner and Blair have the same "knee effusion?" So we're gonna go with Splitter, Diaw, Baynes, and probably Jack/Kawhi eating up minutes at the 4 spot tonight...

exstatic
01-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Blair's done. We got all of the NBA basketball out of him that his knees would allow. It's ironic that timvp just mentioned his first dunk of the year last game, and he gets his first regular PT for three games with Duncan out, and the knee swells up.

ace3g
01-30-2013, 07:50 PM
hmmm Duncan has left knee, while Blair/Bonner are both right knee issues :stirpot:

spurraider21
01-30-2013, 07:53 PM
Expect a lot of small ball with jax/Kawhi manning the 4 and Diaw will get burn at center. Luckily bobcats bigs (and smalls) suck. Bismack biyombo aka tyrus Thomas 1.1 and Byron mullens lol