PDA

View Full Version : Any see on their W-2 their health insurance number?

boutons_deux
01-30-2013, 05:17 PM
http://www.irs.gov/uac/Employer-Provided-Health-Coverage-Informational-Reporting-Requirements:-Questions-and-Answers

TeyshaBlue
01-30-2013, 05:18 PM
I haven't even opened mine yet. Too depressing. I'll look when I get home.

Wild Cobra
01-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Mine shows the few thousand I paid, but not the employer part.

Correction...

12C on mine is more than $13k, which is the employer part.

boutons_deux
01-30-2013, 05:29 PM
Would any of all y'all prefer to have that money in your take-home pay or leave it skimmed directly to the health insurers?

TeyshaBlue
01-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Would any of all y'all prefer to have that money in your take-home pay or leave it skimmed directly to the health insurers?

That's pretty situational. It would depend upon who is able to get the best rate, my employer or myself.

coyotes_geek
01-30-2013, 05:38 PM

What do you care about someone's takehome pay? If it were up to you that money would be skimmed directly to some government run universal healthcare boondoggle.

TeyshaBlue
01-30-2013, 05:39 PM
All things being equal, it seems to be more convenient to handle it through payroll deduction. I'd probably just set up a bank draft like I do with my car and property insurance otherwise.

TeyshaBlue
01-30-2013, 05:39 PM
What do you care about someone's takehome pay? If it were up to you that money would be skimmed directly to some government run universal healthcare boondoggle.

Shup! Legitimate discussion so far. Now go to your room!

coyotes_geek
01-30-2013, 05:42 PM
Shup! Legitimate discussion so far. Now go to your room!

Was intended for boutons.

But to get back to legitimate discussion, if my employer can negotiate a better deal for me than I could myself, I'm fine with my employer deducting the money. If not, I'd rather have that money myself.

The Mrs. CG's employer actually pays employees who don't take the insurance some of the money that they're spending on the employees who do. Pretty nice perk there.

TeyshaBlue
01-30-2013, 05:43 PM
Was intended for boutons.

But to get back to legitimate discussion, if my employer can negotiate a better deal for me than I could myself, I'm fine with my employer deducting the money. If not, I'd rather have that money myself.

Dont get smart with me, young man. I'll pull this thread over and wear your bottom out!

That post will probably come back to haunt me.

coyotes_geek
01-30-2013, 05:52 PM
:wow

I'm tempted to play the GFY card here, but after threatening my bottom I'm worried about sending mixed signals.

DarrinS
01-30-2013, 05:53 PM
Affordability through massive red tape. Makes perfect sense.

Drachen
01-30-2013, 05:56 PM
That post will probably come back to haunt me.

I'm tempted to play the GFY card here, but after threatening my bottom I'm worried about sending mixed signals.

That was fast

TeyshaBlue
01-30-2013, 05:57 PM

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/teyshablue/creepy-smile-o.gif

ploto
01-30-2013, 07:20 PM
It's just an amount they have to report. It does not affect your taxes.

ploto
01-30-2013, 07:21 PM

For me it is better this way. Buying your own insurance (as I did for years) is ridiculously expensive.

boutons_deux
01-30-2013, 07:55 PM

I don't GAF about anybody's take home pay.

skimming salaries direct to for-profit health care IS A BOONDOGGLE.

boutons_deux
01-30-2013, 07:56 PM
It's just an amount they have to report. It does not affect your taxes.

sure it does. It's a benefit you receive TAX FREE.

boutons_deux
01-30-2013, 07:58 PM
For me it is better this way. Buying your own insurance (as I did for years) is ridiculously expensive.

we'll see what the price of individual insurance is from the health exchanges.

Wild Cobra
01-31-2013, 04:02 AM
I would prefer to have it as extra pay. Sure, I'll lose 41.45% of that almost $14k in federal tax, state tax, ss, and medicare... Still, it is $8k+ more I will have, then just pay for a catastrophic policy with maybe a $5k annual deductible. I have paid out of pocket for years, with no problems. I'm more than glad to do it again.

Wild Cobra
01-31-2013, 04:06 AM
FYI...

What boutons didn't say in the OP is the figure will be listed as "DD" in one of the #12 blocks of your W2. It's 12c on mine, but I doubt it will be c for everyone. Just remember double D cup...