PDA

View Full Version : Perry Versus Abbott

Nbadan
01-30-2013, 09:48 PM
DALLAS —

Gov. Rick Perry says Attorney General Greg Abbott has agreed not to challenge him in the 2014 Republican primary if Perry chooses to seek re-election.

Perry made the comment after a taping Wednesday of the television program "Inside Texas Politics" at the WFAA-TV studios in Dallas. He said Abbott "has said clearly that if I ran again he's not going to be running against me."

A spokesman for Abbott declined to comment on Perry's statement and said any speculation on Abbott's political future would be "unproductive."

Abbott has $18 million in cash on hand for a campaign, compared to Perry's $6 million. Perry hasn't said if he'll seek re-election as governor, but observers have said they expect Abbott may enter the Republican gubernatorial primary regardless of what Perry does.

More at http://www.statesman.com/ap/ap/texas/perry-abbott-wont-challenge-me-in-2014-primary/nWBX8/ .

Governor Goodhair has a surplus thanks to the Texas tar-sands oil boom and stealing billions of dollars from Education and other social services but his recently declared war on women...

"To be clear, my goal, and the goal of many of those joining me here today, is to make abortion, at any stage, a thing of the past," Perry said at a press conference organized by Texas Right to Life. "While Roe v. Wade prevents us from taking that step, it does allow states to do some things to protect life if they can show there is a compelling state interest. I don’t think there is any issue that better fits the definition of 'compelling state interest' than preventing the suffering of our state’s unborn."

his shitty polls..

His approval rating in the gutter, Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) approaches 2014 with a large majority of his contituents indicating they'd prefer if he didn't seek another term, according to a survey from Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling released Tuesday.

Fifty-four percent of Lone Star State voters said they disapprove of the job Perry is doing as governor, while 41 percent said they approve. A larger majority, 62 percent, said Perry should not seek re-election next year compared with just 31 percent who said he should.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/poll-texas-voters-have-had-enough-of-rick

his recently blaming the separation of church and state on Satan

In a conference call with fellow evangelicals earlier this week, Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) shared his thoughts on the origins of the constitutionally mandated separation of church and state. Rather than tracing the idea to the nation’s founders, Perry warned of a more nefarious source: Satan.

“Satan runs across the world with his doubt and with his untruths and what have you and one of the untruths out there that is driven is that people of faith should not be involved in the public arena,” Perry said during the call on Tuesday, organized by the Rev. Rick Scarborough.

Perry said the separation of religious and civic institutions in the U.S. began with a “narrative” that first took root in the 1960s.

“Somehow or another there’s this, ya know, steel wall, this iron curtain or whatever you want to call it between the church and people of faith and this separation of church and state is just false on its face,” the governor said. “We have a biblical responsibility to be involved in the public arena proclaiming God’s truth.”

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/09/rick_perry_satan_church_state.php

and 'the rumor'

http://i.imgur.com/TuQkM.jpg

ummmmm...yeah, Abbott will run.

Wild Cobra
01-31-2013, 04:10 AM
Dan?

Are you employed?

I think you have too much time on your hands.

5XcKBmdfpWs

TeyshaBlue
01-31-2013, 10:08 AM
I think Abbott would just be Perry 2.0, tbh. Not interested in seeing him or Goodhair in the Gov. chair, period.

George Gervin's Afro
01-31-2013, 01:19 PM
Will Abbott shoot wildlife during his campaign?

The Reckoning
01-31-2013, 01:51 PM
vote out that stupid motherfucker. perry has been disasterous to texas with his dictatorship and personal vendetta against anything and everything. fuck that guy.