PDA

View Full Version : what did yall think about..

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
01-30-2013, 10:54 PM
Baynes?
dude is BIG
pretty athletic, nice form on his shot, goes after them boards, defense was pretty solid ( wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyy better than dejuans ), dude looks pretty good imo..

wtgspurs
01-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Great Material for the San Antonio spurs, i really liked the screens he set for parker and other plays. He seems worthy of being a part of the rotation (Minutes over Bonner) but against the Bobcats...anything can happen, i say let him play some good minutes against the Wizards and lets see what happens.

raybies
01-30-2013, 11:02 PM
7 points 9 rebounds and 1block in 18 minutes against the worst team on basically his first game in the NBA. Coming from Europe. That's what I think. Take what u want.

SpursIndonesia
01-30-2013, 11:04 PM
Baynes?
dude is BIG
pretty athletic, nice form on his shot, goes after them boards, defense was pretty solid ( wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyy better than dejuans ), dude looks pretty good imo..

Still raw and pretty much clueless at the moment, but a decent project for 4th bigman off the bench.

Brunodf
01-30-2013, 11:04 PM
He is good. Bigs rotation should be TD/Splitter/Diaw/Baynes. Spurs should trade Bonner/Blair/Neal for a backup pg or picks.

EricB
01-30-2013, 11:07 PM
He reminds me a lot of when Malik Rose came in 1999.

playblair
01-30-2013, 11:08 PM
blair/baynes 2nd unit ............. no more bonner/diaw ..........

AussieFanKurt
01-30-2013, 11:33 PM
Few mistakes but not too bad, hope he gets minutes

Spur|n|Austin
01-30-2013, 11:36 PM
Few mistakes but not too bad, hope he gets minutes

Unfortunately, it's going to be tough for him to get consistent PT being behind Tim, Tiago, and Boris. He will most likely take Bonner's minutes, which are slim to none.

AussieFanKurt
01-30-2013, 11:38 PM
Unfortunately, it's going to be tough for him to get consistent PT being behind Tim, Tiago, and Boris. He will most likely take Bonner's minutes, which are slim to none.

True true, hopefully he sticks around for a while, could develop into a good backup big man

Strategic
01-30-2013, 11:40 PM
He was 7' and now he's 6'10". Spurs seem to have that effect on bigs.

JRHernandez88
01-30-2013, 11:41 PM
I liked his aggressiveness. He looks tough.

spurraider21
01-30-2013, 11:44 PM
he looks like a 7 footer out there. thats a plus on its own based on our other bench bigs

timvp
01-31-2013, 12:02 AM
He reminds me a lot of when Malik Rose came in 1999.

If you're going the 1999 route, I'd say a more athletic but much greener Will Perdue.

He kinda throws dem 'bows like Kevin Willis, though.

look_at_g_shred
01-31-2013, 12:07 AM
Could be a great spark off the bench. Kind of like Collison for OKC.

BatManu20
01-31-2013, 12:37 AM
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/1540/spursbaynebane2copy.jpg

spurraider21
01-31-2013, 12:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U-27YSspNM

racm
01-31-2013, 01:23 AM
Ten man rotation going forward

TP/Nando/Green/Manu/KL/Jax/TD/Diaw/Splitter/Baynes

HarlemHeat37
01-31-2013, 01:30 AM
He looked nice for his first game, but it was against the Bobcats and arguably the worst frontcourt in NBA history..

Too early to tell, but he has legit NBA 7-footer size..he's not a stiff from a physical standpoint and he's active, those are encouraging traits..

If he can approach Nick Collison's impact in a potential series vs. OKC, I'll be happy..

DapDaGenius
01-31-2013, 01:42 AM
He was 7' and now he's 6'10". Spurs seem to have that effect on bigs.

From what I heard, he is 7' with shoes, 6'10" without. I also heard that his previous league measures players with shoes on and the NBA measures players without shoes. I'm not sure how true this is, it's just what I heard.

BatManu20
01-31-2013, 01:49 AM
This dude is far from "a stiff." Check it out. I hope he breaks one of these out in a game!

hi_M5yr90EA

LittleCriminal
01-31-2013, 01:57 AM
This dude is far from "a stiff." Check it out. I hope he breaks one of these out in a game!

hi_M5yr90EA

Here Is another Former Slam Dunk Contest Winner.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMp96RXgow4

freetiago
01-31-2013, 01:58 AM
If his aggressiveness on the rebounds can mask Diaws passiveness then he will be a very solid backup big for us
he just needs to take some notes from Tiago on how to roll to the basket
and Diaw will set him up pretty nicely
he was able to make Kwame brown look like a serviceable player in charlotte with all the easy looks he set him up with

DrunkTXLabrat
01-31-2013, 02:40 AM
i want to see him get a better grip on those boards and i want to see him get more comfortable looking on offense, but he looks pretty good. i'm gettin excited. i wish blair well.

Fireball
01-31-2013, 03:56 AM
Baynes looked good in the things you can do without needing practice time with the team ... the rest (especially team defense) will follow as time goes by ... I do not know if it will happen fast enough so that he can be a factor in the playoffs

capek
01-31-2013, 04:11 AM
From what I heard, he is 7' with shoes, 6'10" without. I also heard that his previous league measures players with shoes on and the NBA measures players without shoes. I'm not sure how true this is, it's just what I heard.

You have that reversed. NBA, shoes on, Euroleague, shoes off. At least that's what was reported in the original Baynes thread.

capek
01-31-2013, 04:12 AM
Baynes looked good in the things you can do without needing practice time with the team ... the rest (especially team defense) will follow as time goes by ... I do not know if it will happen fast enough so that he can be a factor in the playoffs

Not having Blair/Bonner in the game in the playoffs already makes us better. Baynes will be the back up center in the playoffs, I'm convinced of that now.

DapDaGenius
01-31-2013, 04:35 AM
You have that reversed. NBA, shoes on, Euroleague, shoes off. At least that's what was reported in the original Baynes thread.

I was walking on the right path, just in the wrong direction. :lol

chapnis
01-31-2013, 04:38 AM
He's 6'10.5 without shoes. So 6'10 rounding down without shoes, 6'11 rounding up without shoes, 6'11 rounding down with shoes, 7'0 rounding up with shoes...

Darkwaters
01-31-2013, 10:14 AM
He's 6'10.5 without shoes. So 6'10 rounding down without shoes, 6'11 rounding up without shoes, 6'11 rounding down with shoes, 7'0 rounding up with shoes...

In other words, hes not another 6'8 dude.

Neither is he another 6'5 Dejuan Blair, masquerading as someone much taller.

TJastal
01-31-2013, 11:03 AM
In that highlight clip I really liked the touch he showed on that lefty ally oop tip in. For a 7 footer having that kind of touch and coordination around the rim is rare indeed.

biskvito
01-31-2013, 12:37 PM
If he keeps this aggressivity against better teams I'm calling already he's going to eat splitter minutes.... Splitter rebounding is annoying

Mel_13
01-31-2013, 12:44 PM
He got better with each stint on the court. Timmy was coaching him up during the timeout after the first moving screen call. Crowd definitely liked his aggression during the game and the folks that stayed after the game to watch his interview with Schoening gave him a great reception. A good start by any reckoning. Looking forward to see how he does against NBA competition.

mando6599
01-31-2013, 12:48 PM
He seems to be a better find than Ian Mahinmi. Hope we don't put as much time into Baynes without production as we did with Ian. ugh

TJastal
01-31-2013, 12:49 PM
He got better with each stint on the court. Timmy was coaching him up during the timeout after the first moving screen call. Crowd definitely liked his aggression during the game and the folks that stayed after the game to watch his interview with Schoening gave him a great reception. A good start by any reckoning. Looking forward to see how he does against NBA competition.

lol nice diss there

Mel_13
01-31-2013, 12:53 PM
lol nice diss there

Stern should impose substantial sanctions on Michael Jordan for the disservice that is done to fans in arenas around the country every time the Charlotte Bobcats play. What an unwatchable, mismatched collection that would have a hard time winning games in the Dleague.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-31-2013, 01:05 PM
The guy is already averaging 13 and 17 per 36. All hail Baynes.

superbigtime
01-31-2013, 01:18 PM
He looked damn good out there, considering it was his first meaningful PT in the NBA. Looks very capable. He's clearly intelligent and coachable. Very promising. How can a Spurs fan not be excited about this guy. Way to go RC and co. :tu

Tbiggums47
01-31-2013, 01:46 PM
Here Here!:lobt2:
He looked nice for his first game, but it was against the Bobcats and arguably the worst frontcourt in NBA history..

Too early to tell, but he has legit NBA 7-footer size..he's not a stiff from a physical standpoint and he's active, those are encouraging traits..

If he can approach Nick Collison's impact in a potential series vs. OKC, I'll be happy..

manufan10
01-31-2013, 01:58 PM
I loved his screens. Every time he screened the smaller player, he used his big body to shield the opposing player and forced him to cover Baynes instead. He just needs to be careful because he moved a lot. Surprised that there weren't more illegal screens called on him.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-31-2013, 03:04 PM
he def needs to tighten up those screens

ace3g
01-31-2013, 03:05 PM
Something Splitter had to adjust to as well.

Brazil
01-31-2013, 03:29 PM

I don't think he will see any meaningless minutes in POs this year

Drachen
01-31-2013, 03:55 PM
Here Is another Former Slam Dunk Contest Winner.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMp96RXgow4

I am not going to lie, that between the legs off the glass slam at the end was impressive.

Drachen
01-31-2013, 03:56 PM
If he keeps this aggressivity against better teams I'm calling already he's going to eat splitter minutes.... Splitter rebounding is annoying

This guy right here.....

playblair
01-31-2013, 04:19 PM
before baynes when was the previous time the spurs had a big man oop?????

Jumi
01-31-2013, 04:35 PM

This
Last night I actually saw a guy jump in the air and block a shot!! I've watched that video three times already!!! Now we have something that might actually help us out. The only thing this team was missing is an energy guy that does the dirty work. That's it!!! He should be used to the system and his role within it come playoff time. It's up to Pop to get him ready for the bright lights! You never know, we just might need him for a stretch in a close game when other guys aren't getting the job done! Welcome aboard!

BatManu20
01-31-2013, 04:43 PM

Timmy circa 2001.

KL2
01-31-2013, 05:38 PM
Definitely looks like an Nba player. He moves very well for a big man, he's very strong, and can rebound as well. He looked a little lost out there but that's to be expected. My question is did we get him too late into the season to be a contributing player in the playoffs?

Brett Brown ran a lot of the same plays the Spurs do with the Australian team, so Baynes should pick things up pretty quickly. His former coach and teammate will only further his learning of the system.

I think it's inevitable the Spurs will play him against a team like Memphis with Gasol, Randolph, Arthur, and recently acquired Ed Davis (that's a very intimidating front line). I'm relieved SA got a big bodied center like him.

spurraider21
01-31-2013, 05:46 PM
i liked what i saw but baynes still looks incredibly raw, and i highly doubt pop will trust him enough to give him any sort of rotation minutes in the playoffs... unless he plays out of this world for the rest of the regular season. he looks promising for the future, maybe with a full offseason he will get regular rotation minutes, but i'd be surprised. there were some offensive possessions where he was sort of wandering around and the other spurs players kept having to point where he should go, and he didn't know who to set screens for. it was sort of comical because you could tell he had absolutely no clue where to go.
i'd also like to see him play D or rebound when up against a more competent big than the guys the bobcats threw out there.

Samr.
01-31-2013, 06:15 PM
I think we can all agree that he is, at worst, an end-of-rotation player though, correct?

emanueldavidginobili
01-31-2013, 07:27 PM
That's a bit of a force

Namundy
01-31-2013, 08:53 PM
You could tell they were forcing him the ball and trying to make him feel comfortable out there. Overall I was impressed with his length and size. He will only get better practicing with Duncan and learning from Manu/TP. Hopefully they lock him in a gym with Chip to get his shot down as well. Definitely a project, but something to look forward to. We definitely needed another "banger/bruiser" type big, and he looks like he fits the mold.

SpursIndonesia
01-31-2013, 09:21 PM
From the vid, he has a funny mechanic on his FT shooting, but the arc is good. I don't think he can be a midrange offensive threat ala Ibaka though.

Dr. Robert Lee
01-31-2013, 09:22 PM
Baynes?
dude is BIG
yall isnt a word n00b

fkn redneck

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
01-31-2013, 10:26 PM
yall isnt a word n00b
fkn redneck

neither is noob or fkn
dumb bitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttch

Dr. Robert Lee
01-31-2013, 10:34 PM
neither is noob or fkn
dumb bitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttch
ohhhhhhhh woooooooooowwwwwwwww umad??!?!?!

Dr. Robert Lee
01-31-2013, 10:35 PM
fkn scummy scrub per par tbh

Russo21
01-31-2013, 10:38 PM
Aussie Aussie Aussie

Russo21
01-31-2013, 10:39 PM
Oi Oi Oi

EricB
02-01-2013, 04:29 PM
If you're going the 1999 route, I'd say a more athletic but much greener Will Perdue.

He kinda throws dem 'bows like Kevin Willis, though.

a combination Willis and Perfue strangely enough would be a godsend.