PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe Bryant: I could’ve been the best point guard ever!

scanry
01-31-2013, 01:50 AM
Kobe Bryant thinks he is Neo from ‘The Matrix,’ could’ve been the best point guard ever.You guys: The Los Angeles Lakers are BACK!

It's been hard to keep track of whether the Lakers were done or back this season, after they struggled to a 1-4 first start (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-stares-seethes-lakers-lose-jazz-drop-180520261--nba.html) to the season, then restarted the season by firing Mike Brown (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/los-angeles-lakers-fire-mike-brown-never-first-191833638--nba.html), then staggered for like a month and a half of Season No. 3 under new coach Mike D'Antoni (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/hiring-mike-d-antoni-head-coach-los-angeles-100327037--nba.html), then got consecutive Ws after D'Antoni lit the candle on Season No. 4 (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lakers-coach-mike-d-antoni-says-team-season-151036292--nba.html), then dropped three straight that led Dwight Howard (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3818) to break the seal on Season No. 5 (http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2013/01/23/despite-all-their-other-new-seasons-dwight-howard-says-lakers-season-actually-starts-tonight/). But after three wins in a row, it seems very safe to say that the Lakers are now BACK. The latest proof: L.A.'s 111-106 win (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lakers-edge-hornets-111-106-071105487--nba.html) over the New Orleans Hornets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/nor) on Tuesday, a game that saw Howard play aggressively in the paint on both ends (a team-high 24 points, five steals and four blocks), dusted-off forward Earl Clark continue to play well (20 points on 11 shots, 12 rebounds, four assists) ... and Kobe Bryant (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3118) continue his transformation from scorer to facilitator.

Read More...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-thinks-neo-matrix-could-ve-best-174850191--nba.html;_ylt=Ar_hwnPu6WdGk1jYi902ecu8vLYF;_ylu=X3 oDMTRtZjFxc2thBG1pdANMSVNUUyBNaXhlZCBMaXN0IE5CQSBI ZWFkbGluZXMEcGtnA2E1YjJiNzUyLWI3NzgtMzhhZC1hNDkxLT kwODA1ZThmMGEzMgRwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFCTGlzdE1peGVk TFBDQVRlbXAEdmVyAzM0NmY0MTYwLTZiNDgtMTFlMi1iZGZjLT I0OGJiN2UyZWFhZg--;_ylg=X3oDMTJjcTBwcmhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANuYmEEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnMEdGVzdANHcm FuZHNsYW1fT25fSW50ZXJuYWw-;_ylv=3

scanry
01-31-2013, 01:51 AM
Would've sounded better had they had beaten the PHX Suns.

midnightpulp
01-31-2013, 01:57 AM
Playmaker Kobe is more overrated than Clutch Kobe.

All he's doing is making simple, basic passes to open guys, and with as much as he's dominating the ball right now, he'll inevitably rack up the assists. He ain't playmaking like Lebron or anything, so I don't get the jizz fest over "Kobe Johnson."

HI-FI
01-31-2013, 02:02 AM

All he's doing is making simple, basic passes to open guys, and with as much as he's dominating the ball right now, he'll inevitably rack up the assists. He ain't playmaking like Lebron or anything, so I don't get the jizz fest over "Kobe Johnson."

because it's kobe. the guy rode MJ's legacy and the backs of HOF bigs to get where he is, he knows how to make everything about him even when he's :cry sacrificing for the good of the team.

lefty
01-31-2013, 02:04 AM
MJ finished a season where he averaged close to 9 apg while scoring 28 ppg

And he wasnt surrounded by 3 all-stars like Kobe is

I dont think the faggot Kome could have done that

Rummpd
01-31-2013, 02:16 AM
Somewhere Magic Johnson is losing his smile and Oscar Roberston is remembering his triple double year and both beg to differ.

HarlemHeat37
01-31-2013, 02:17 AM
Kobe has always been a good passer, tbh..like mid said, the only difference has been that he's making the smart passes, rather than forcing shots..it's kind of insulting to Kobe that the media/announcers have been nutting over every single assist, tbh..

Clipper Nation
01-31-2013, 02:25 AM
He ain't playmaking like Lebron or anything, so I don't get the jizz fest over "Kobe Johnson."

It's because Lakerfan wants to ride Kobe's Johnson, tbh...

Juggity
01-31-2013, 02:48 AM
The funniest moment in this game was when Kobe had a wide open fast break dunk, but decided to stop cold in the paint 10 feet short of the basket and wait 2 seconds for Pau to charge in so he could toss him the ball and rack up an assist. Lmao, Kobe.

When he's not taking unnecessary shots to try to break scoring records, he's forcing unnecessary passes to try to get triple-doubles.

racm
01-31-2013, 02:49 AM
The funniest moment in this game was when Kobe had a wide open fast break dunk, but decided to stop cold in the paint 10 feet short of the basket and wait 2 seconds for Pau to charge in so he could toss him the ball and rack up an assist. Lmao, Kobe.

When he's not taking unnecessary shots to try to break scoring records, he's forcing unnecessary passes to try to get triple-doubles.

Rondo assist tbh

BUMP
01-31-2013, 02:52 AM

Exactly. Idk why people think racking up a lot of assists = great passer. It just means that you run a certain style of offense that inevitably means you'll get a lot of assists especially when you dominate the ball like Kobe. And just like most other point guards, it's just simple passes. Nothing to blow a load of DNA over or anything if you know whotttt i mean

BUMP
01-31-2013, 02:55 AM
Oh and not too mention that article was awful

Thirdly: Kobe Bryant thinking he is a genius computer hacker who uncovers the truth about reality through his smarts, trains himself how to be the greatest warrior in the "real" world faster and more completely than any other warrior in history, then actually becomes not only a better warrior but basically a god by sacrificing himself which ultimately reveals his true nature, which allows him to do stuff like stop bullets and fly, is basically too perfect. Also, the Trinity/Triangle links can't be ignored.

wtf does this even mean?

BoricuaCJA
01-31-2013, 03:05 AM

Actually it was over 32 ppg and 8 assists. 88-89

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01.html
But still, that's just incredible.

lefty
01-31-2013, 04:18 AM
Actually it was over 32 ppg and 8 assists. 88-89

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01.html
But still, that's just incredible.

Calispursfan11
01-31-2013, 09:32 AM

Lefty bruh, love the Christian Bale American Psycho avatar. One of my favs!

Raven
01-31-2013, 09:55 AM
wanna bet? i bet with u that if bryant shoots less than 20 shots in back to back games, starting the next one, he will have at least 4 to per game..

2+6 = 8 /2 = 4TOs per game.

Sportstudi
01-31-2013, 11:31 AM

You could add MJ's 32.5/8/8/2.9 season on 53.8 shooting as well. Back then handchecking was still allowed and the 3-second vialotion didn't exist. The teams could park their bigs in the paint and clog the lane. No easy path to the hoop like nowadays for Kirby.

Ups, just saw you already mentioed it. My bad :lol Doesn't change the truth though.

ElNono
01-31-2013, 11:35 AM
Throwing MJ numbers here makes no sense since the movie The Matrix didn't exist back then...

Sportstudi
01-31-2013, 11:38 AM
Throwing MJ numbers here makes no sense since the movie The Matrix didn't exist back then...

Always makes sense if it shows the real Kirby :lol

spurraider21
01-31-2013, 12:46 PM
Kobe probably thinks he's a better power forward than Timmy, too

Captivus
01-31-2013, 01:37 PM
A guy commented in Bleacher Report, he said something like this:
When the Lakers were losing, Lakers fans said the problem was that the other players, except Kobe, werent doing shit. So Kobe is playing perfect but the others dont. Now the Lakers are playing better and its not becuase the others are playing better, is...again...because of Kobe.
So, at the end, no matter what Kobe does, he is the greatest, and losing is never his fault, and winning is always because of him.

stretch
01-31-2013, 02:03 PM

That's pretty much what most of the top PGs ever have done, was make simple, basic passes to open guys. Probably 80% of Stockton's assists were simple basic passes to open guys.

The reason guys get open is because of some sort of element the offense provides that causes people to get out of position. For instance, Stockton's shooting and penetration ability made the PnR extremely effective, leading to thousands of assists. In the case of the Lakers, one of the main reasons guys are open is because people are paying so much defensive attention to Kobe, which in turn leading to easy assists for him.

The Kobe hate in here is absolutely astonishing, especially when it comes from people who are smarter than this.

stretch
01-31-2013, 02:05 PM
You could add MJ's 32.5/8/8/2.9 season on 53.8 shooting as well. Back then handchecking was still allowed and the 3-second vialotion didn't exist. The teams could park their bigs in the paint and clog the lane. No easy path to the hoop like nowadays for Kirby.

:rolleyes

Not sure why people are so obsessed with these "rule changes" over the years, when the rules get broken either way. Everyone handchecks still, just like people played zone in the 80s and 90s. I loved MJ, but when people say all this crap about "he played in handchecking era, so he is 10000000000000000x better than Kobe and Lebron could ever be", thats a load of bullshit.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-31-2013, 02:06 PM
A guy commented in Bleacher Report, he said something like this:
When the Lakers were losing, Lakers fans said the problem was that the other players, except Kobe, werent doing shit. So Kobe is playing perfect but the others dont. Now the Lakers are playing better and its not becuase the others are playing better, is...again...because of Kobe.
So, at the end, no matter what Kobe does, he is the greatest, and losing is never his fault, and winning is always because of him.

The other thing this sheds light upon is how Kobe could done this from time to time a couple of years ago when Bynum or others would not so subtly gripe to the media. If it were a case where he was just a below average playmaker then it's totally reasonable for him to take a contested shot if the alternative is a potentially worse pass, but this whole thing seems like he always had the skills in his back pocket and just wasn't using them.

Axe Murderer
01-31-2013, 02:08 PM
That's pretty much what most of the top PGs ever have done, was make simple, basic passes to open guys. Probably 80% of Stockton's assists were simple basic passes to open guys.

The reason guys get open is because of some sort of element the offense provides that causes people to get out of position. For instance, Stockton's shooting and penetration ability made the PnR extremely effective, leading to thousands of assists. In the case of the Lakers, one of the main reasons guys are open is because people are paying so much defensive attention to Kobe, which in turn leading to easy assists for him.

The Kobe hate in here is absolutely astonishing, especially when it comes from people who are smarter than this.

tbh this is why Jason Kidd is still playing and is regarded as so great. It's because all these n!ggerfreaks these days are fucking retarded and don't know how to make simple plays, instead trying to n!gger their way through people.

Jason Kidd isn't really anymore athletic than the rest of us, he just makes simple plays which is a lost art in today's NBA that's based off of sheer athleticism.

are you still going to that house party on Friday, stretch?

midnightpulp
01-31-2013, 02:18 PM

I'm not necessarily hating on him just for the sake of it, and I do admire the way he's playing fundamental team basketball. I'm more or less commenting on the whole "Kobe Johnson" hype that's emerged out of this situation, which suggests he's making bullet passes in transition and finding guys from seemingly impossible angles like the all-time greatest passers (Magic, Bird, Lebron, etc). He's playmaking within the offense and taking what the defense gives him, which is commendable but doesn't deserve comparison to the aforementioned, no matter how many assists he racks up.

midnightpulp
01-31-2013, 02:20 PM
I'm basically shitting on this faggotry:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBzxh2xCUAA8Lu9.jpg:large

Sportstudi
01-31-2013, 02:50 PM
:rolleyes

Not sure why people are so obsessed with these "rule changes" over the years, when the rules get broken either way. Everyone handchecks still, just like people played zone in the 80s and 90s. I loved MJ, but when people say all this crap about "he played in handchecking era, so he is 10000000000000000x better than Kobe and Lebron could ever be", thats a load of bullshit.

Well, even if you take handchecking out, you still have the 3-second violation. Clogging the lane was much easier back then, making it more difficult to penetrate for perimeter players.

dunkman
01-31-2013, 02:52 PM
Kobe is insane if he really thinks so. I think he took Magic's constant critic extremely personal. Truly great players just played basketball, whatever the role just to win. Since the 03-04 season Kobe did nothing except chucking, with the exception of the last few games. It's a miracle Phil got to win 2 'ships and one finals with Kobe dominating the ball. The Lakers were so superior in overall talent to other teams, that it was more then sufficient to offset the chucking effect.

lefty
01-31-2013, 02:54 PM
Lefty bruh, love the Christian Bale American Psycho avatar. One of my favs!

yeah its awesome

Clipper Nation
01-31-2013, 03:01 PM
The absolute top PG's have ridiculous basketball IQ's and use that to CREATE simple passes to open guys and make plays....

Kirby lacks the innate BBIQ necessary to be an all-time great point guard.... case in point: when he blew the layup trying to play hero ball when he could have kicked it out to one of his FOUR wide-open teammates on the perimeter.... replace Kirby in that situation with CP3 and Paul would have made the right play, period....

FkLA
01-31-2013, 03:11 PM
Kobe is such a faggot tbh. If anybody deserved to have a terrible, career-ending injury its this bitch.

hater
01-31-2013, 03:18 PM
I'm starting to like KObe

trolling everyone and ppl still fall for it :lmao

Chinook
01-31-2013, 03:21 PM
If by "best point guard ever," means "Super Rondo," sure. There are such things are selfish assists. And even if there weren't Kobe would've invented them by now.

That being said, him passing the ball more is definitely a good thing. It will get him better shots down the line.

FkLA
01-31-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm starting to like KObe

You have to be an imbecile to believe this narcissistic faggot isnt 100% serious about every self-aggrandizing statement he makes.

hater
01-31-2013, 03:22 PM
:lol taking it too seriously. calm down

Clipper Nation
01-31-2013, 03:24 PM
If by "best point guard ever," means "Super Rondo," sure.
"Super Rondo"? More like "shittier, dumber version of Westbrick" tbh...

Chinook
01-31-2013, 03:29 PM
"Super Rondo"? More like "shittier, dumber version of Westbrick" tbh...

I mean in the sense of stat-padding useless assists that aren't really a sign of a good offense.

stretch
01-31-2013, 07:13 PM
Well, even if you take handchecking out, you still have the 3-second violation. Clogging the lane was much easier back then, making it more difficult to penetrate for perimeter players.

How so, since you can sit in the lane all you want as long as someone is within arms reach, and there almost ALWAYS is someone within arms reach?

stretch
01-31-2013, 07:14 PM
The absolute top PG's have ridiculous basketball IQ's and use that to CREATE simple passes to open guys and make plays....

Kirby lacks the innate BBIQ necessary to be an all-time great point guard.... case in point: when he blew the layup trying to play hero ball when he could have kicked it out to one of his FOUR wide-open teammates on the perimeter.... replace Kirby in that situation with CP3 and Paul would have made the right play, period....

:sleep

stretch
01-31-2013, 07:15 PM
:clap

at least someone gets it

dunkman
01-31-2013, 08:15 PM
Tbh, I would like to see the Lakers later in the season when coaches are going to analyze some film of Kobe setting the plays. I guess 6-7 TO's games could become more frequent. Nash is proven, he should run the point. The problem is that Kobe just must control the ball. He has done so the last 8-9 seasons.

Latarian Milton
02-01-2013, 02:18 AM
nigga established himself as the #2 best SG all time and he shouldn't feel too disappointed about that tbh