PDA

View Full Version : Who are we gonna get?

Monkeyboy14
01-31-2013, 04:04 AM
So with Bonner and Blair both "injured" a lot of people think a trade is about to go down!
Question is, if a trade does fall through, what do you think the details are going be??
Who could the spurs possible try to get by trading 2 of the worst players on the team?

Bruno
01-31-2013, 04:18 AM
It's definitively weird to have Bonner and Blair having a "right knee effusion" the same day.

Saying that, I won't go from "it's weird" to "they are getting traded". There could have a lot of other explanations.

Monkeyboy14
01-31-2013, 04:27 AM
It's definitively weird to have Bonner and Blair having a "right knee effusion" the same day.

Saying that, I won't go from "it's weird" to "they are getting traded". There could have a lot of other explanations.
Oh I know, Im not saying they are FOR SURE going to be traded haha what im asking is, if they do, who do you think the spurs would be trying to get out of them?

playblair
01-31-2013, 04:35 AM
blair will not be traded .......... blair is back in the rotation .............

chapnis
01-31-2013, 04:37 AM
I reckon the right knee effusion issues were just to allow Baynes to get PT

capek
01-31-2013, 04:45 AM
I reckon the right knee effusion issues were just to allow Baynes to get PT

DNP-CD would have accomplished that just fine. Unless Blair and Bonner are starting a Turd Towers clothing line, and asked Pop if they could get some free advertising by wearing their rags on the bench tonight.

BatManu20
01-31-2013, 04:53 AM
Possibly a backup PG? Since Pop has made it clear Patty Mills is nothing more than a garbage time player (not sure why, he's instant offense). But if we go into the playoffs with Neal running the backup point again we're screwed. He's a horrible ball handler and a turnover machine, not a good passer, and he can't guard other PG's. It's a disaster every time he has to play point.

Other than that, maybe a guy like Luc Richard Mbah a Moute from Milwaukee. We could use another athletic wing that plays good defense and hustles to backup Leonard. He could help guard guys like Durant and Kobe. I bet we could get him for Blair straight up or maybe throw in a pick.

Or we might be able to trade Blair for Jermaine O'Neal straight up. Both contracts are up at the end of the year and it works money wise. He'd be another veteran big to have come playoff time and he can shoot the mid-range J. Only question is O'Neal's health.

racm
01-31-2013, 05:11 AM
Barea? :lol

Russo21
01-31-2013, 06:05 AM
Pop is lieing about injuries these days in fear of getting fined $250,000 for being honest and saying his players are resting. Look forward to seeing more weird and wonderful DNP-Migrane, DNP-Family issues, DNP-Sore Knee, instead of DNP-Rest.

Captivus
01-31-2013, 07:24 AM
I think a PG would help, a guy more like Parker, with penetration. IMO thats the main difference between him and NDC, Mills and Neal.
Every time the Parker sits the team gets slower and more predictable.
Someone suggested Barea in another thread also, he could help, he also has experience.
At some point the Spurs need to take a risk a make a trade. Especially knowing that during the PO the bench players loose minutes.

dbestpro
01-31-2013, 09:10 AM
We need better play from the starting SG position. Green has not shown that he is up to the task come playoff time as there has been little or no improvement in his game.

Russ
01-31-2013, 09:51 AM
Pop is lieing about injuries these days in fear of getting fined $250,000 for being honest and saying his players are resting.

I think it's more like Pop is sticking his finger in Stern's eye and they both know it.

"Knee effusion"? Two at once? :lol

Dr. Robert Lee
01-31-2013, 10:00 AM
IGNORANCE is BLISS.

Keep on dreaming.

bklynspursfan
01-31-2013, 10:11 AM
Well, not looking like the Warriors will make a deal with us

The Warriors would love to get their hands on Denver's Timofey Mosgov, or even San Antonio's DeJuan Blair. But acquiring worthy help would require the Warriors to part with someone they like. Golden State would much rather stand pat.

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_22485967/andrew-bogut-likely-standing-alone-golden-states-sole

emanueldavidginobili
01-31-2013, 11:21 AM
Yeah im not buying these injuries, Matt Bonner knees are completely fine and both having the same injury is just odd. and they announced Matt Bonner injury very late, Does anyone know if they were at the game

TJastal
01-31-2013, 11:31 AM
We need better play from the starting SG position. Green has not shown that he is up to the task come playoff time as there has been little or no improvement in his game.

Green is basically a placeholder for Manu come playoff time. Neal is also there in a pinch, as well as proven playoff vets like SJax. If Green loses confidence and chokes again, Pop will have options at his disposal. The question is will he wait until it's too late to make use of those options like he did last season.

KL2
01-31-2013, 11:34 AM
Well, not looking like the Warriors will make a deal with us

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_22485967/andrew-bogut-likely-standing-alone-golden-states-sole

Blair+Bonner for RJ!

Mel_13
01-31-2013, 11:43 AM
I think it's more like Pop is sticking his finger in Stern's eye and they both know it.

Best explanation I've seen to explain the nearly inexplicable and extremely rare double knee effusion.

Somewhere on youtube there's a clip where Pop is talking about the change from an injured list to an inactive list. He said that the league had made honest men of all them as they no longer had to make up vague injuries to justify resting players. Stern's tantrum over restgate has changed nothing substantial; coaches will simply go back to their old bag of tricks.

Brunodf
01-31-2013, 11:45 AM
New Coyote

silverblackfan
01-31-2013, 11:50 AM

Just say the two banged knees in practice and they wanted to be cautious.

Dex
01-31-2013, 11:51 AM
Best explanation I've seen to explain the nearly inexplicable and extremely rare double knee effusion.

Somewhere on youtube there's a clip where Pop is talking about the change from an injured list to an inactive list. He said that the league had made honest men of all them as they no longer had to make up vague injuries to justify resting players. Stern's tantrum over restgate has changed nothing substantial; coaches will simply go back to their old bag of tricks.

Bingo.

I can't recall ever seeing one of our guys sitting with a "knee effusion". For two of them to suddenly be out with this same mystery ailment is beyond coincidence.

raybies
01-31-2013, 12:03 PM
Thinking hansbrough and Sam young for Blair Bonner and Joseph. Or ridnour Chris Johnson.If we trade our backup bugs we could expect a big in return unless its a point and they want a run at oden. Jarvis varnado and a first rounder or Norris Cole from Miami.My guess.

spurraider21
01-31-2013, 12:39 PM

I don't think benching Bonner and Blair is sticking anything in Stern's eye. Stern's whole shtick was about benching stars that fans paid to see, not borderline rotation players like Bonner and Blair. I don't think any fans are losing sleep about not seeing these guys, maybe besides playblair

i don't think we make any moves. its in our best interest to retain jax so we can be the beneficiary of his expiring contract, as well as timely shots in the playoffs. they could probably deal blair for a 2nd rounder, but is that 2nd rounder really worth it? blair showed he can still produce in the right situation. never bad to have a body on the bench

DrunkTXLabrat
01-31-2013, 03:19 PM
i posted this trade in the bargnani thread jackson, bonner, neal, 1st/ barg, ross. i think this helps rotation, i thought it helped cap but turned out wrong, and it makes us younger. ross looks pretty good, he won't be a place holder like green. i don't think pg is a need. decolo and mills are fine. we don't need somebody driving, we have crazy good cutters passers and shooters. and manu, diaw drive and dish just fine.

Darkwaters
01-31-2013, 03:28 PM

You're that guy thats still holding onto those beanie babies, waiting for the day that they go back up in value.

http://www.mycollectiblesnmore.com/beanies.jpg

look_at_g_shred
01-31-2013, 03:33 PM
Blair and Bonner for Jason Smith??

Roger Freemason Jr.
01-31-2013, 08:27 PM
I doubt the Raps part with such a young promising player, but I really like Ross's game.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-31-2013, 09:41 PM
yes roger, he can shoot the 3. i see his name all over dunk contest talks this year. rookie contract and he's only 21. chips in a steal a game, maybe two with pop coachin'? i'd stomach a more expensive younger bonner for him for sure. he'd get to feed off whatever de colo leaves of neal and jackson minutes. he'd motivate danny green, and could replace manu after retirement.

barg could rot for a couple years on the bench behind diaw. maybe keep baynes on his toes? maybe do well as the new bonner? at least barg doesn't have the playoff choker reputation. he's got height on bonner, surely he has more athleticism. he's got to be a better defender and rebounder. the only time we'd need him is during injury. he was a 1st overall, he's got to have some potential the spurs could maximize.

mabrignani
02-01-2013, 01:25 AM
blair bonner and green for gallinari
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

mabrignani
02-01-2013, 01:25 AM
blair bonner and green for gallinari
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

BatManu20
02-01-2013, 01:53 AM
Would not be good tbh. Gallinari is a SF, and we wouldn't have a starting 2-guard. Also, Gallinari, as good as he is, is also a chucker. He takes a lot of shots. Oh and one more thing, the Nuggets would never do this in a million years.. So yea.

exstatic
02-01-2013, 08:20 AM
i posted this trade in the bargnani thread jackson, bonner, neal, 1st/ barg, ross. i think this helps rotation, i thought it helped cap but turned out wrong, and it makes us younger. ross looks pretty good, he won't be a place holder like green. i don't think pg is a need. decolo and mills are fine. we don't need somebody driving, we have crazy good cutters passers and shooters. and manu, diaw drive and dish just fine.

And as we told you in that thread, if they refused to throw in Ross for Gay, they certainly aren't going to do it for our scraps.

exstatic
02-01-2013, 08:23 AM
yes roger, he can shoot the 3. i see his name all over dunk contest talks this year. rookie contract and he's only 21. chips in a steal a game, maybe two with pop coachin'? i'd stomach a more expensive younger bonner for him for sure. he'd get to feed off whatever de colo leaves of neal and jackson minutes. he'd motivate danny green, and could replace manu after retirement.

barg could rot for a couple years on the bench behind diaw. maybe keep baynes on his toes? maybe do well as the new bonner? at least barg doesn't have the playoff choker reputation. he's got height on bonner, surely he has more athleticism. he's got to be a better defender and rebounder. the only time we'd need him is during injury. he was a 1st overall, he's got to have some potential the spurs could maximize.

Spurs are far too salary/tax conscious to let someone making $10M "rot for a couple of years on the bench behind Diaw".

KL2
02-03-2013, 11:30 AM
With the recent injuries to Duncan and Baynes the chances of Blair or Bonner getting traded has dropped significantly, I think it's guaranteed they're staying on the roster.

TJastal
02-03-2013, 12:06 PM
With the recent injuries to Duncan and Baynes the chances of Blair or Bonner getting traded has dropped significantly, I think it's guaranteed they're staying on the roster.

I'm sure Pop isn't fretting, in fact he's probably not bothered at all. He couldn't hardly bring himself to give his favorite pair of turdlings DNP's and because of that Baynes had to go and play monkeyball in the Dipshit league. And now to Pop's zeal he'll have to play the turds even more minutes. He's probably cooking up even more excuses not to play Baynes as we sit and ponder what dipshit move he'll make next..

td4mvp2k
02-03-2013, 12:31 PM
With TD out I think Blair can be traded.