Mel_13
01-31-2013, 12:35 PM
No.

spurraider21
01-31-2013, 12:35 PM
Bargs = super bonner

Dex
01-31-2013, 12:38 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y_ODcECzxGQ/T4sMKffGa8I/AAAAAAAAA88/LnQ8Dvynqbg/s1600/michael-scott-no.gif

Mr. Body
01-31-2013, 12:39 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y_ODcECzxGQ/T4sMKffGa8I/AAAAAAAAA88/LnQ8Dvynqbg/s1600/michael-scott-no.gif

Always cracks my shit up.

TheSkeptic
01-31-2013, 12:57 PM
Spurs frontcourt will be fine.

I think a back-up pg is much more pressing need right now.

benefactor
01-31-2013, 12:57 PM
He fucking sucks.

/thread

Obstructed_View
01-31-2013, 12:58 PM
I would be interested in witnessing the meltdown from LJ if it happened.

Spur|n|Austin
01-31-2013, 01:02 PM
Spurs frontcourt will be fine.

I think a back-up pg is much more pressing need right now.

Yep, agreed. This is the issue we need to tackle the most right now. I hope the FO thinks the same thing.

Joyrider
01-31-2013, 01:16 PM
Ban worthy thread, IMO

TDMVPDPOY
01-31-2013, 01:44 PM
lol italy

ElNono
01-31-2013, 01:45 PM
in b4 DPG's solid schtick...

Darkwaters
01-31-2013, 02:41 PM
Raps going to move him.

Possible Spurs connection? Hmm...

I'd rather trade for Royce White and move Dejuan Blair into the starting lineup. If you've seen me blast some stupid gnsf's recently on the subject, you'll realize how much I dislike your idea.

This is now the worst idea of the season to date.

The guy is shooting 39.8% from the field. Hes HORRIBLE. He doesn't rebound. He doesn't block shots. He straight up sucks. Plus hes making $10M this year, $11M next year, and $12M the season after. Pay millions for suckage. Only Toronto would offer that contract.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-31-2013, 02:42 PM
how is pg a big need? ya'll are crazy. cojo is coming along every summer, we'd call him up and play him if we needed backup pg. in the mean time de colo and mills are dukin' it out right now for table scraps behind one of the best in the league. i think the issue is finding a 3 shooter that isn't undersized like neal. or a streaky shootin, girly-man defender/rebounder like bonner. sombody young, and cheap. barg is only half that, but... jackson, bonner, neal, 1st/ barg, ross? = youth, open roster spot, cap space this year and next (ross rookie contract, barg cheap re-sign, no neal, jackson re-sign, bye bye bonner, no guaranteed contract 1st.) the raptors might be one of the few teams that actually want bonner. they wanna dump bargs. ross would be the cost. tough to pry away, and it might actually be fields we have to settle for. but ross is never gonna reach full potential having to play behind gay, derozan. add jackson and now he's got 3 guys eating his minutes. that, with barg dump, is the sell for ross over fields. neal could help lucas backup lowry during injury. raps love 3 shooters. jackson would fit nicely on that team motivating fields, bringing a winners mentality, and expiring at the end of season. raps prob want a pick in this years draft, and after their other trades, i think they're currently out. if we add ross and bargs, we don't need a pick.

Mel_13
01-31-2013, 02:55 PM
barg cheap re-sign

That post was unreadable, but you should know that Andrea is guaranteed a total of about 22 million dollars for the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons. And that he doesn't play defense or rebound. And that he's soft. He's EuroBonner at three times the price.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-31-2013, 03:01 PM
he's probably got more defensive/rebounding potential than bonner. that and adding ross, is worth his contract. he'll be cheap when he expires, i don't care when that is. we aren't gonna have cap space as long as the big 3 are here.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-31-2013, 03:02 PM
and it wasn't unreadable, come on. it makes sense.

Brunodf
01-31-2013, 03:03 PM
I'd rather trade for Royce White and move Dejuan Blair into the starting lineup. If you've seen me blast some stupid gnsf's recently on the subject, you'll realize how much I dislike your idea.

:lol

Brunodf
01-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Bargnani sucks

Mel_13
01-31-2013, 03:08 PM
he's probably got more defensive/rebounding potential than bonner. that and adding ross, is worth his contract. he'll be cheap when he expires, i don't care when that is. we aren't gonna have cap space as long as the big 3 are here.

He's been in the NBA for 6 years. His defense and rebounding are what they are; poor to non-existent. Bonner defends and rebounds better for one third the price.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-31-2013, 03:12 PM
alright mel, well wouldn't you at least want to add ross?

Mel_13
01-31-2013, 03:15 PM

Not at the price of taking on Andrea. And he won't come cheap. As stupid as Colangelo is, the reports are that he refused to include Ross in the deal for Rudy Gay. So, he's not available for our spare parts.

Chinook
01-31-2013, 03:17 PM

He's not going to let you go on this, you know. I don't think there's any deal out there that will not be terrible if it includes Bargnani. He's seriously terrible as anything other than an amnesty-waiver pickup.

EDIT: See?

hater
01-31-2013, 03:19 PM
rather have booner

coyotes_geek
01-31-2013, 03:22 PM
I was just thinking how much more awesome things would be if Matt Bonner were making $10 million dollars. Trading for Bargnani would be the next best thing.

Darkwaters
01-31-2013, 03:24 PM
and it wasn't unreadable, come on. it makes sense.

No, he wasn't necessarily knocking your ideas. He was knocking your format. It was a long run-on blob without capitalization and tons of short hand. Plus, you never once pressed the enter key to space your thoughts out.

I gave up. Reading that messy format hurt my eyes.

So I neither agree or disagree with what you said there. I couldn't get through the post.

Darkwaters
01-31-2013, 03:25 PM
rather have booner

For once we agree!

DrunkTXLabrat
01-31-2013, 03:26 PM
we made a pretty decent project outta jefferson and he was older, i'm not pessimistic about bargnani. i'd be ecstatic if we turned neal into ross. the only part i don't like about my hypothetical is losing jackson. i think all this backup pg talk, is INSANE!

Brazil
01-31-2013, 03:27 PM
give me bonner all day long rather than bargnagnigni supposed abilities and his fat crazy contract

DrunkTXLabrat
01-31-2013, 03:31 PM
oh ya'll don't like the blobs. i'll incorporate some enter button in.

i don't know what short hand is, but i think i have an idea. and i'll try to watch out for it. can't help ya on capitalization...

i likes to keeps it informal.

Darkwaters
01-31-2013, 03:39 PM
oh ya'll don't like the blobs. i'll incorporate some enter button in.

i don't know what short hand is, but i think i have an idea. and i'll try to watch out for it. can't help ya on capitalization...

i likes to keeps it informal.

Well it's definitely an improvement!

In all seriousness though, that post was very difficult to read. Spacing your thoughts out a bit makes it 1000 times easier to digest.

callo1
01-31-2013, 04:00 PM
Not saying the Spurs want Barg.

Poorly worded title on my part.

Hence, usage of the word "connection"

I think they want a pg and may possibly get in on a 3 team deal. I think Cujo would be fine if given more time.

baseline bum
01-31-2013, 04:20 PM
Fuck man, that would be almost as bad as bringing Jefferson back.

Juggity
01-31-2013, 05:43 PM
not just no, but fuck no.

Bargnani is pretty much the last thing the spurs need: an inefficient, floor spacing PF who doesn't play defense.

Leetonidas
01-31-2013, 05:46 PM
worst thread ever

ontheraise
01-31-2013, 06:19 PM
why spurs would do any other moves, we already sign baynes, and it takes times to incorporate new players, we have a good balance, a new interior who seems to have power and some rebounds skills.
i'm okay that neal bonner or blair doesn't play stellar ball but they do their job well enough as bench player, neal and bonner give us a range of 3 point shooter really important. and i think it will be really hard to find someone cheap whith great 3point shooting and defensive skills and whith the ability to learn all the systems really quickly.

temujin
02-01-2013, 07:33 AM
At 1 M per year, Bargnani would be a bad fit.
He is making 10 M.
Stop making threads about this guy, please.

mrjap2x
02-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Is the hate on bargnani more of the price and performance or just performance alone?

Ice009
02-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Is the hate on bargnani more of the price and performance or just performance alone?

His game is SOFT. I wouldn't even take him at a much lower salary.

Obstructed_View
02-01-2013, 10:51 AM

Depends on how you define "performance". He puts up pretty decent numbers, and a few years ago that bought him some credibility, but time has shown that the numbers he puts up are completely inconsequential. At least inconsequential in a good way; the team's discovered that they're better without him, and he's making ridiculous money just because he happens to be a seven-foot-tall shooting guard.

Ice calling his game "soft" is probably the best way to put it. He provides nothing that his teammates can't do if he weren't there, and an actual big playing in his spot improves the defense.

Darkwaters
02-01-2013, 01:08 PM
At 1 M per year, Bargnani would be a bad fit.
He is making 10 M.
Stop making threads about this guy, please.

Even the Italians are totally dismissing this guy