PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Dwight still looks thrilled to be a Laker

Clipper Nation
01-31-2013, 09:44 PM
http://distilleryimage1.instagram.com/a34083fc6b6f11e2a42522000a1f96b3_7.jpg

irishock
01-31-2013, 09:49 PM
Poor Dwight. Guy was pretty bad ass during his prime years in Orlando, now looks like a legit clown with that headband

LkrFan
01-31-2013, 10:09 PM
:lol - I knew what pic this was before clicking the thread.

The Lakers need to shut him down for the year. Yes, that's waiving the white flag and gives us virtually no hope of making the playoffs this year, but it's for the better. It shows him that the Lakers' care about his well being over their chances to make the playoffs this year (which could weigh in on his decision to re-sign with them or not when the time comes). He needs surgery and will be shut down for about 6 months. In that time he can finish rehabbing his back - and now his shoulder - then come back 100% for whichever team he decides to sign with. If he doesn't sign with LAL, they S&T to a team to get as close to equal value for him and recoup draft picks. With his unexpected Kwame-itis, we could expect more injuries to his shoulder as teams will most def strip him the same way that injured his shoulder v. Suns. This will be reocurring which is unfortunate.

Shut him down LA. Give Pau the starting position at center so that he can show teams he still has something left in the tank. Then trade him in the offseason. His expiring $19M KT should get something of use for the Lakers to rebuild/reload for next season. Then Kobe is an expiring $30M KT as well. This offseason's moves will determine if Kobe returns in 2014, goes to another team, or hangs them up for good. We'll see.

AussieFanKurt
01-31-2013, 10:10 PM
trade to spurs for bonner

midnightpulp
01-31-2013, 10:18 PM

The Lakers need to shut him down for the year. Yes, that's waiving the white flag and gives us virtually no hope of making the playoffs this year, but it's for the better. It shows him that the Lakers' care about his well being over their chances to make the playoffs this year (which could weigh in on his decision to re-sign with them or not when the time comes). He needs surgery and will be shut down for about 6 months. In that time he can finish rehabbing his back - and now his shoulder - then come back 100% for whichever team he decides to sign with. If he doesn't sign with LAL, they S&T to a team to get as close to equal value for him and recoup draft picks. With his unexpected Kwame-itis, we could expect more injuries to his shoulder as teams will most def strip him the same way that injured his shoulder v. Suns. This will be reocurring which is unfortunate.

Shut him down LA. Give Pau the starting position at center so that he can show teams he still has something left in the tank. Then trade him in the offseason. His expiring $19M KT should get something of use for the Lakers to rebuild/reload for next season. Then Kobe is an expiring $30M KT as well. This offseason's moves will determine if Kobe returns in 2014, goes to another team, or hangs them up for good. We'll see.

:tu

I think one of the reasons the Lakers seem to insisting that Dwight "play through the pain" is because they know if he sits out for the season, their chances of making the playoffs drop to 0%, Lakers fans turn their attention to Yankees season, causing a ratings drop that would anger their Time Warner overloads.

That's the only reason I think of why Dwight seems to reluctant to have surgery. Does he really think it's more beneficial to his career to wait until the off-season and once again come into an NBA season out of shape and still in a recovery phase?

Spurs 4 The Win
01-31-2013, 10:58 PM

I think one of the reasons the Lakers seem to insisting that Dwight "play through the pain" is because they know if he sits out for the season, their chances of making the playoffs drop to 0%, Lakers fans turn their attention to Yankees season, causing a ratings drop that would anger their Time Warner overloads.

That's the only reason I think of why Dwight seems to reluctant to have surgery. Does he really think it's more beneficial to his career to wait until the off-season and once again come into an NBA season out of shape and still in a recovery phase?

midnightpulp with the goods :rollin

LkrFan
01-31-2013, 11:18 PM

He's about to Orlando Magic us. I can feel it:

"I don't want to (miss any games), but we'll see."

"It's real sore," Howard told reporters after icing his shoulder and applying kinesiology tape to the joint following the game. "Everything on (the
right) side (of my body) is hurting pretty bad right now."

I'm going to try as much as I can but I don't want to cause more damage to my shoulder," said Howard, who finished with nine points and 14 rebounds in 29 minutes against Phoenix. "I don't want to (miss any games), but we'll see."

He made similar comments last year before he checked out...Shut him down. Even if he is out there he won't give 100%. Take your lumps. Prepare for next year and beyond.

Latarian Milton
02-01-2013, 02:07 AM
missing the playoffs ain't gonna hurt their popularity anymore when they've already lost most local fans to the monkeyball team, and the majority of laker fans are now just kobe's bandwagoners from foreign countries who don't know shit about the game. the stupid fucks will continue to ride kobe's dick whether they miss the playoffs this year or not

slick'81
02-01-2013, 02:09 AM
yup word is hes inching towards surgery, sucks for dwight

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-01-2013, 02:11 AM
Playoffs will def. feel weird without Dallas or Lakers involved. LA still got a chance though

Stalin
02-01-2013, 02:43 AM
Poor Dwight. Guy was pretty bad ass during his prime years in Orlando, now looks like a legit clown with that headband

:lol

scanry
02-01-2013, 02:57 AM

I don't know what he was thinking.

HI-FI
02-01-2013, 03:15 AM

Lkrfan with the sensitive goods. tbh, as a kid born in Cali, I was a hardcore laker fan. it's weird how I stopped rooting for them once Rapist became the face of the team. I could've easily kept rooting for them as they were more dominant than ever, but I couldn't. I suppose being close to SA, I really liked what the Spurs represented.

it will be an interesting offseason for the Lakers, no doubt. I think they should shut Dwight down. Barkley once said how when you're not fully healed, other parts start to break down from overcompensation, which could be what is happening with Dwight.

Killakobe81
02-01-2013, 07:08 AM

Makes sense this year is cursed, just couldn't stay healthy no excuses though ...cuz they were shitty when mostly healthy.

Seventyniner
02-01-2013, 09:23 AM

Something we've all learned in the last year plus is that Dwight just can't make up his damn mind about anything.

If Dwight does his own "Decision" show this summer, he'll build up to the big moment, the interviewer will ask where he's going, and Dwight will say "I don't know."

Riddler
02-01-2013, 09:28 AM
Makes sense this year is cursed, just couldn't stay healthy no excuses though ...cuz they were shitty when mostly healthy.

Are u saying Kobe isnt playing with a stacked roster?

PingPong
02-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Meh

spurraider21
02-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Dwight out for tonights game vs t-puppies

Findog
02-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Dwight ain't about this life...

Dunc n Dave
02-01-2013, 06:48 PM
:If he doesn't sign with LAL, they S&T to a team to get as close to equal value for him and recoup draft picks. With his unexpected Kwame-itis, we could expect more injuries to his shoulder as teams will most def strip him the same way that injured his shoulder v. Suns. This will be reocurring which is unfortunate.

Good luck with that plan...

Starting in 2013-14, teams more than $4 million above the tax level cannot receive a player in a sign-and-trade transaction.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/CBA-111128/how-new-nba-deal-compares-last-one