PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook's Meltdown

BatManu20
02-01-2013, 02:17 AM
Did anyone watch the OKC game tonight? Westbrook threw a temper-tantrum after an on-court dispute with Thabo Sefalosha and eventually just left the game on his own and went back to the locker room to "blow off some steam." Then, after the game, he was interviewed by Craig Sager and was obviously still in a pissy mood. Somebody get this guy a pacifier. He's quickly becoming my least favorite player in the league.

KQIZRMCToT8

-SfPONL3OUo

And check out his outfit (w/ purse) before last game..

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Russell-Westbrook-Metallic-Shirt.jpg

RD2191
02-01-2013, 02:25 AM
lol@ his outfit

Blake
02-01-2013, 02:25 AM
tantrum needs to happen in late May, not January.

Juggity
02-01-2013, 02:33 AM
How can anyone defend this guy? lmao.

He will be solely responsible for the Thunder losing in the playoffs.

thispego
02-01-2013, 02:39 AM

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Russell-Westbrook-Metallic-Shirt.jpg
saw that outfit on bill and teds excellent adventure i think

Trainwreck2100
02-01-2013, 02:41 AM
lol okc kept the wrong guy

chapnis
02-01-2013, 02:54 AM
The more I see shit like this the more I appreciate what the Spurs have.

capek
02-01-2013, 03:13 AM
Wow, what a little bitch. Comes off like a 5 year old child in that interview. :td

HI-FI
02-01-2013, 03:29 AM
1. Craig Sager is a national treasure

2. Seeing Westbrook be a little bitch is only going to get better. lol at Presti letting Harden go and keeping this clown. thank you luxury tax.

Cry Havoc
02-01-2013, 03:34 AM
Refsbrook is going to cost them a shot at the Finals this year. Mark my words. No Harden, no WC title this year. It's gonna be SAS or LAC in the Finals.

Bruno
02-01-2013, 03:38 AM
Yep, the whole "The Thunder aren't affected by the Harden trade, just look at their record" talk is BS. In the playoffs, when defense will be tighter it will hurt them. Durant and a stupid Westbrook won't be enough and it's not the highly overrated Ibaka that will save them. The west is wide open this year.

freetiago
02-01-2013, 03:42 AM
harden wont be missed tbh
still 5v8

4Dwin!
02-01-2013, 03:45 AM
for those who cant see the video, here's an excerpt from sbnation :mad rushttp://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2102825/madruss.gif

AussieFanKurt
02-01-2013, 05:19 AM
There is an NBA forum for a reason

Monkeyboy14
02-01-2013, 05:29 AM
How can anyone defend this guy? lmao.

He will be solely responsible for the Thunder losing to the spurs in the playoffs.
Yes? :D

biskvito
02-01-2013, 05:31 AM
So the guy has a heart and is bothered by what's happening on his previously contender team. I don't see the big deal, it's probable better than players who don't give a fuck.

AussieFanKurt
02-01-2013, 05:33 AM
So the guy has a heart and is bothered by what's happening on his previously contender team. I don't see the big deal, it's probable better than players who don't give a fuck.

How is going off at your team mate for cutting show you have heart. All this shows is that he's a massive bitch. You're saying if you were playing and you did something and your team mate went off at you for nothing you'd be like nah thats fine you just have crazy heart

KaiRMD1
02-01-2013, 05:40 AM
This clown will be the end of the Thunder, guarantee it. He already has pretty much killed the Thunder the last two years.

racm
02-01-2013, 05:45 AM
Yep, the whole "The Thunder aren't affected by the Harden trade, just look at their record" talk is BS. In the playoffs, when defense will be tighter it will hurt them. Durant and a stupid Westbrook won't be enough and it's not the highly overrated Ibaka that will save them. The west is wide open this year.

This... what happens when Westbrook has a 3 ast/6 to night and shoots 6-24?

spursfan09
02-01-2013, 07:23 AM
Could you imagine if any spur player did this?? It'd be there funeral and pop would be in prison

spursfan09
02-01-2013, 07:23 AM
Yeah I misspelled their

Old School 44
02-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Love this tweet...

Kevin Arnovitz (https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=kevinarnovitz) @kevinarnovitz
I wouldn't mind Westbrook's testy brand of perfectionism if his game suggested that he was, in fact, a perfectionist.

Fireball
02-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Love this tweet...

Kevin Arnovitz (https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=kevinarnovitz) @kevinarnovitz
I wouldn't mind Westbrook's testy brand of perfectionism if his game suggested that he was, in fact, a perfectionist.

Yup, Westbrook completely missing to guard Tony Parker in the game at the start of the season (which led to the buzzer beater) definitely was not due to lack of communication from his teammates

ThaBigFundamental21
02-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Wow, what a fuckin baby. Completely unprofessional. Hell of an interview bruh.

maverick1948
02-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Could you imagine if any spur player did this?? It'd be there funeral and pop would be in prison

If a Spur did this, the trade machine would be overworked trying to figure what scrub we were going to get in return. That is a fact. He would be gone.

bklynspursfan
02-01-2013, 11:47 AM
This is the PG that will lead OKC to multiple championships like the experts believe.... Yea not seeing it.

superbigtime
02-01-2013, 12:10 PM
what a sullen little child act, a mumbling little brat. take it like a man, bitch.

pad300
02-01-2013, 12:16 PM

Bullshit. They would never find the body...

CIA

DesignatedT
02-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Gosh what a pussy.

Dex
02-01-2013, 01:14 PM
:lol handled it like a man.

http://t.qkme.me/3pcqps.jpg

Spur|n|Austin
02-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Little bitch. I agree with OP, he's starting to become a player I despise.

spurraider21
02-01-2013, 02:08 PM
throwing a bitch fit, storming into the locker room, and borderline crying during the interview is controlling it like a man :lmao

calling craig sager "bruh" :lmao

Libri
02-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Would like to know what happened in the locker room and see if it was on par with Amare's meltdown.

ginobilized
02-01-2013, 04:20 PM
I wonder if his weaknesses will be exploited in the playoffs
totally reminds me of Amare
The Spurs used to mess with his head and it cost the Suns bigtime
Good times!

Embedded
02-01-2013, 04:44 PM
I have a feeling that we have yet to see the biggest meltdown from Westbrook, a.k.a. Duckmouth. Look at his mouth, his lips look like a duck beak when he's pissed and his mouth is closed. Looking at how he's dressing, seems as if there's something that's just not right about the guy, and having to play second fiddle to KD doesn't fit his persona.

TacoCabanaFajitas
02-01-2013, 05:04 PM
I wonder if he high-fived that little kid at the end of that .gif or just blew by him.

Old School 44
02-01-2013, 05:15 PM
He's going the way of the t-wolves Marbury/Garnett. He wants to be the star of the team.
Just wait until he gets into Durant's face instead of Sefolosa's.

He'll be shipped quicker than.........
I'll let you all finish it.

ohmwrecker
02-01-2013, 05:27 PM
NBA Forum?

RD2191
02-01-2013, 05:29 PM
he left that lil kid hanging, was watching live

look_at_g_shred
02-01-2013, 05:47 PM
I have a feeling that we have yet to see the biggest meltdown from Westbrook, a.k.a. Duckmouth. Look at his mouth, his lips look like a duck beak when he's pissed and his mouth is closed. Looking at how he's dressing, seems as if there's something that's just not right about the guy, and having to play second fiddle to KD doesn't fit his persona.

Wouldn't be surprised if a team like Dallas picks him up, so he can be the only star on a team. That's what he really wants.

Leetonidas
02-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Finally got to hear the Sager interview. God damn what a massive faggot. Can't wait for TP to rape his ass once again in the playoffs

Dr. John R. Brinkley
02-01-2013, 06:24 PM
I think Sager felt emboldened and relieved to be around someone with a more ridiculous fashion sense than himself.

crc21209
02-01-2013, 07:30 PM
:lol I've always hate his overrated ass. I get tired of "expert analysts" claiming he's one of the best PG's in the league when he constantly puts up 6/22 or 8/25 shooting numbers. Yet, he's still somehow "great." What a joke. And as far as this incident goes, what a damn cry baby...grow up....

exstatic
02-01-2013, 07:42 PM
OKC traded the wrong guard. They should have dumped his clown ass and kept Harden.

therealtruth
02-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Just a reminder that Westbrook played well enough for the Thunder to win against us in the WCF and he didn't even have that good a series.

Trainwreck2100
02-01-2013, 07:54 PM
by playing well you mean deferred to Harden and Durant, and had his defensive assignment changed because he couldn't guard his position.

ThaBigFundamental21
02-01-2013, 08:01 PM
I think Sager felt emboldened and relieved to be around someone with a more ridiculous fashion sense than himself.

Well played! :rollin

Ice009
02-01-2013, 08:54 PM
by playing well you mean deferred to Harden and Durant, and had his defensive assignment changed because he couldn't guard his position.

He was still someone we had to expend a lot of energy on. He wasn't great, but he didn't get completely bailed out. The Spurs still had to concentrate on him defensively.

exstatic
02-02-2013, 12:19 AM
He was still someone we had to expend a lot of energy on. He wasn't great, but he didn't get completely bailed out. The Spurs still had to concentrate on him defensively.

He was OK as a third option. This year he'll have to be the second option and perform much better. His tantrums won't make that easy, or a given.

phxspurfan
02-02-2013, 01:01 AM
We can officially put him on the all punk b*tchass team that no one wants to play with.

C Bynum
PF Cousins
SF Beasley
SG Bryant
PG Westbrook

Manufan909
02-02-2013, 03:48 AM
Gotdamn, that was pathetic.

KaiRMD1
02-02-2013, 04:44 AM
We can officially put him on the all punk b*tchass team that no one wants to play with.

C Bynum
PF Cousins
SF Beasley
SG Bryant
PG Westbrook

What about Garnett?

TJastal
02-02-2013, 05:56 AM
throwing a bitch fit, storming into the locker room, and borderline crying during the interview is controlling it like a man :lmao

calling craig sager "bruh" :lmao

:lol

Drachen
02-02-2013, 09:46 AM

Harden beat us. Plain and simple. Harden went 2005 manu on us. That is all there is to it.

buttsR4rebounding
02-02-2013, 11:07 AM

...and now modeling a stunning number from the Richard Jefferson Collection...

widowmaker
02-02-2013, 11:40 AM
What about Garnett?

Hes waiting to come off the bench.

Richie
02-02-2013, 01:31 PM

No doubt, but he didn't have the ball in his hands at the key moments. That was all Harden.

Look at the Coach Nick breakdown of Game 5. Westbrook hits one big shot with a hand in his face, but he shows a couple of bad turnovers, especially stepping in to the back court. What happens when Harden gets the ball? Nobody gives him anything in terms of a screen so he has to take a dribble pull up 3 and kills us. If that shot misses, we probably win the game

9yx-WMlTz6w

dbreiden83080
02-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Did anyone watch the OKC game tonight? Westbrook threw a temper-tantrum after an on-court dispute with Thabo Sefalosha and eventually just left the game on his own and went back to the locker room to "blow off some steam." Then, after the game, he was interviewed by Craig Sager and was obviously still in a pissy mood. Somebody get this guy a pacifier. He's quickly becoming my least favorite player in the league.

KQIZRMCToT8

-SfPONL3OUo

What an immature jack ass... "I controlled my temper like a man"... Having a hissy fit on the bench and then running off to the locker room is being a man.. Interesting...

dbreiden83080
02-02-2013, 01:39 PM
He's going the way of the t-wolves Marbury/Garnett. He wants to be the star of the team.
Just wait until he gets into Durant's face instead of Sefolosa's.

He'll be shipped quicker than.........
I'll let you all finish it.

He will never be comfortable being the Scottie Pippen of this squad that is for sure..

Drachen
02-02-2013, 01:51 PM
No doubt, but he didn't have the ball in his hands at the key moments. That was all Harden.

Look at the Coach Nick breakdown of Game 5. Westbrook hits one big shot with a hand in his face, but he shows a couple of bad turnovers, especially stepping in to the back court. What happens when Harden gets the ball? Nobody gives him anything in terms of a screen so he has to take a dribble pull up 3 and kills us. If that shot misses, we probably win the game

9yx-WMlTz6w

Moral of the story, don't let SJax play in that series.

Richie
02-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Moral of the story, don't let SJax play in that series.

Yeah, the role players really shit the bed. Theres another breakdown that slaughters Neals decision making, he's pulling up for horrible shots. But then, we all know he'll do that with the ball in his hands.

Drachen
02-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Yeah, the role players really shit the bed. Theres another breakdown that slaughters Neals decision making, he's pulling up for horrible shots. But then, we all know he'll do that with the ball in his hands.

Sorry, yes, I should have mentioned that too.

Richie
02-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Another interesting break down about how we targeted Westbrook in the first couple games

4zJlzkUpjTo

The Thunder solved this by putting Sefelosha on Parker, but now they don't have Harden to guard Manu. If they do it again, Ginobili should have his way with Kevin Martin

hater
02-02-2013, 04:47 PM
plays like a chimp, gets mad like a chimp

TrainOfThought5
02-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Another interesting break down about how we targeted Westbrook in the first couple games

The Thunder solved this by putting Sefelosha on Parker, but now they don't have Harden to guard Manu. If they do it again, Ginobili should have his way with Kevin Martin

problem is whether Ginobili will be ready (healthy, in game shape, in sync, and in rhythm) he MIGHTVE played 5 of those 100% games so far this season.

TrainOfThought5
02-02-2013, 04:53 PM
problem is whether Ginobili will be ready (healthy, in game shape, in sync, and in rhythm) he MIGHTVE played 5 of those 100% games so far this season.

I think this places more emphasis on Kawhi to be able to step up and become the man if Ginobili is unable to hold form for 6 straight games.

Richie
02-02-2013, 05:15 PM
I think this places more emphasis on Kawhi to be able to step up and become the man if Ginobili is unable to hold form for 6 straight games.

Kawhi isn't that player, and if we rely on him to carry us against OKC it will be all over. No doubt Duncan will play a big role, as will Splitter and Parker, but I feel the match up where we have a clear advantage is Manu vs Martin. We didn't have that advantage last year.

Ideally we will only need Manu to take advantage in the first couple of games which will force Brooks to put Sefelosha on him and Westbrook back on to Parker where he can (hopefully) take advantage.

therealtruth
02-02-2013, 07:16 PM

Exactly I am not sure we can rely on Manu to score 20+ a game any more in the playoffs.

TrainOfThought5
02-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Kawhi isn't that player, and if we rely on him to carry us against OKC it will be all over. No doubt Duncan will play a big role, as will Splitter and Parker, but I feel the match up where we have a clear advantage is Manu vs Martin. We didn't have that advantage last year.

Ideally we will only need Manu to take advantage in the first couple of games which will force Brooks to put Sefelosha on him and Westbrook back on to Parker where he can (hopefully) take advantage.

i dont disagree with you. Kawhi isnt that guy; In THIS system. and its why i dont think we're favorites.