PDA

View Full Version : Lived in Cambodia for 6 months in party city

Pedobear1
02-01-2013, 03:22 AM
I'm sure everyone has had the urge at one point in their life to just drop everything and get the hell out of wherever they're at. On this forum, a guy did just that (at age 22), and moved to Cambodia for 6 months. He was visiting Bangkok, had $400 left, and a ticket back home to Australia. Decided he didn't want to go back to university, skipped his flight and took a bus to Cambodia. Here's the topic with tons of pictures and info, and he's responding to questions people have.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151530763

The average salary there is $50 a month...yes, $50 a month.

You can rent a villa on the beach for $650 a month. Imagine going there for a few months with some friends? Look at this..

http://www.mondinion.com/Real_Estate_Listings/adid/1806703/Cambodia--Kampot--Sihanoukville--House_for_Rent/

I really recommend reading the topic, check out the beautiful beaches, etc. It will really make you 1. Appreciate what you have, and 2. Fantasize about dropping everything and going there...

Avante
02-01-2013, 03:34 AM
Been to Singapore, Taipei and Bangkok, the first thing you notice is how restrainted eveyone is. Like a herd of cattle, everyone afraid to stand out, they must blend in.

Te bar scene is ok but other than that, nay!

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2013, 08:41 AM
my friends did this....and hired a few u kow what, if u know what i mean

been there done that, gets fkn boring though man...

Capt Bringdown
02-01-2013, 09:40 AM
SE Asia can be fun. I came to Thailand intending to stay for 6 months and have been here 10+ years. It's changed a lot in 10 years, gotten more developed, but there still is a bit of the frontier, if you've got the balls to step off the beaten track. Very few do, however. For instance:

Been to Singapore, Taipei and Bangkok, the first thing you notice is how restrainted eveyone is. Like a herd of cattle, everyone afraid to stand out, they must blend in.
Te bar scene is ok but other than that, nay!

Fuck that noise. Step away from the "bar scene" (WTF?), and the wanker backpackers pits and blaze your own trail. Asians don't wear their hearts on their sleeves like westerners do. But they are, in Thailand at least, some hard-partyin' people who enjoy a good laugh.

Looks like the young lads in the OP's link have the right idea with regards to motorcycles - they provide an easy, cheap and fun way to get off the beaten track - the best way IMO.
I came to Thailand having never ridden before, bought a bike, road map and hit the road. Life's an adventure or nothing but.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee280/rayong_kid/trang.jpg
Deserted beach in Southern Thailand

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee280/rayong_kid/kra.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee280/rayong_kid/near_burma.jpg
Lost near the Burmese border

DarkReign
02-01-2013, 11:40 AM
That was a cool thread. I dont think I could tolerate the constant pedos however.

HI-FI
02-01-2013, 03:27 PM
i read through his thread. definitely a ballsy adventure, i don't think i'd do it tbh. the most i'd do is like a few days. it is funny though how he is telling everyone they should experience what he did, but then he's like "i saw a girl try to commit suicide because of the island, i had to avoid landmines, my gf was almost raped, i was almost kidnapped, people were breaking into my place through the roof, a guy grabbed my cock in a bathroom...."

he's fortunate things didn't get worse, sounds like shit off of the Beach.

Pedobear1
02-01-2013, 05:33 PM
i read through his thread. definitely a ballsy adventure, i don't think i'd do it tbh. the most i'd do is like a few days. it is funny though how he is telling everyone they should experience what he did, but then he's like "i saw a girl try to commit suicide because of the island, i had to avoid landmines, my gf was almost raped, i was almost kidnapped, people were breaking into my place through the roof, a guy grabbed my cock in a bathroom...."

he's fortunate things didn't get worse, sounds like shit off of the Beach.

Experiences he'll never forget, and amazing stories to tell friends...

FkLA
02-01-2013, 06:07 PM
You can find the same stuff in almost any third world area tbh. Before I started college I would visit a small town in Mexico during the summer all the time and minus the beaches everything else was pretty much the same. The houses are all brick, no A/C, some streets still arent paved, the town polices itself...they are some of the happiest and most friendly people Ive come across though. Everyone knows each other and knows you. Everything is cheaper and all the girls flock to you because you live in the USA. Most of your fun is had outdoors, surrounded by a bunch of friendly people. You can buy alcohol as soon as you learn to walk. My summers there were probably some of the best in my life tbh. I wouldnt want to live like that forever but it is worth experiencing imo.

FkLA
02-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Well not any third world area since some are overrun with violence but some peacful, small towns will provide you with alot of the same tbh.

Pedobear1
02-01-2013, 08:43 PM
^ Idk man, in Cambodia you get all the backpackers that go to Vietnam/Thailand, etc, passing through to party. The beaches there are so beautiful too, and it's cheaper than any part of Mexico for sure.

I agree with the part about people from 3rd world countries being happy as hell, they enjoy life for what it is rather than "enjoying" the rat race for material possessions..

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2013, 09:39 PM
going vietnam next month with the clowns....been doing this for the last 3-4 years now, bachelors party, guys gettin married....

shenanigans...but seriously its gets very repetitive man and easily to get bored of it.....

even the stupid resorts dont entertain me at all, cause at the end of the day when ur overseas u wanna be out and about exploring, not stuck in a hotel which u only need a roof over ur head

i live on a coastal city, so basically its beach everyday

Pedobear1
02-02-2013, 02:06 AM
Yea, this dude got to live/work/get free alcohol/food on a beach, enjoy the nightlife every night...and explore during his spare time, all the while not giving a shit about anything. Sounds like the life.

rascal
02-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Not enough blue eyed girls there for me.

Pedobear1
02-03-2013, 02:05 AM
Not enough blue eyed girls there for me.

They get backpackers from all over