PDA

View Full Version : Report: Ryan Richards experiment ends in Poland.

Dex
02-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Report: Ryan Richards experiment ends in Poland.

Alright, it's time for Ryan Richards to come home. Well, no, not Great Britain. It's time for Ryan Richards to get his ass stateside, preferably to Austin. The continent of Europe seemingly doesn't agree with him. According to Emiliano Carchia of Sportando, Richards and Polish club Asseco Prokom Gdynia, have "parted ways."

Read more: http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/january/report-ryan-richards-experiment-ends-in-poland.html

Dude needs to come back to the states and go to the Toros so he can start learning the Spurs way. Playing in Europe can be good experience, but not if you're not getting run or are bouncing around teams constantly.

racm
02-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Maybe PATFO's working on getting him signed in Austin, I hope

Fireball
02-01-2013, 11:16 AM
I fear he is not typical Spurs material ...

freetiago
02-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Baynes>Richards

Richard at his best is a poor man version of Lamar Odom
and not the sixth man of the year odom
the current version

Obstructed_View
02-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Ryan got every opportunity to step up. The Spurs were practically begging him to act like he wanted it.

He didn't.

Sure sounds like he's learned nothing, and he gave the same effort in Poland. Jackie Butler mk II.

pad300
02-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Ryan got every opportunity to step up. The Spurs were practically begging him to act like he wanted it.

He didn't.

Sure sounds like he's learned nothing, and he gave the same effort in Poland. Jackie Butler mk II.

Good news is, he is not signed to a contract, so we won't have to dump a prospect to get rid of him from our salary cap...

jjktkk
02-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Doesn't seem like Richards will be suiting up for the Spurs anytime soon. A shame, given this guy's physical talent.

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2013, 02:03 PM
lol draft bust, playin against scrubs to get drafted

goes to europe playing in shitty league

at the end of the day it was either europe club salary or toros money....

Mel_13
02-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Maybe PATFO's working on getting him signed in Austin, I hope

I can't be the only one who has seen this acronym and just skimmed over it without knowing what it means or where it came from. Finally had to spend 30 seconds and several clicks to find out:

PATFO - (Popovich And The Front Office) coined by J.R. Wilco after finally getting tired of not having an easy way to refer to Pop, RC and the rest of the brains that make the Spurs' engine tick, off the court.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/pages/ptr-lexicon

stnick2261
02-01-2013, 02:08 PM
^^ Thank you

Paranoid Pop
02-01-2013, 02:10 PM
I can't be the only one who has seen this acronym and just skimmed over it without knowing what it means or where it came from. Finally had to spend 30 seconds and several clicks to find out:

PATFO - (Popovich And The Front Office) coined by J.R. Wilco after finally getting tired of not having an easy way to refer to Pop, RC and the rest of the brains that make the Spurs' engine tick, off the court.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/pages/ptr-lexicon

Why the fuck is it Pop and the rest of the guys? Is Pop the brain behind all the scouting or something?

ChumpDumper
02-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Why the fuck is it Pop and the rest of the guys? Is Pop the brain behind all the scouting or something?You're seriously asking if Pop is involved in personnel decisions?

Paranoid Pop
02-01-2013, 02:36 PM
You're seriously asking if Pop is involved in personnel decisions?

I don't get why he's singled out is all.

ChumpDumper
02-01-2013, 02:42 PM
I don't get why he's singled out is all.Makes for a better acronym.

Mel_13
02-01-2013, 02:43 PM
I don't get why he's singled out is all.

Seriously?

Pop is the President of Spurs Basketball and reports directly to ownership. Everyone else that has anything to do with basketball operations reports, directly or indirectly, to Pop.

Paranoid Pop
02-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Seriously?

Pop is the President of Spurs Basketball and reports directly to ownership. Everyone else that has anything to do with basketball operations reports, directly or indirectly, to Pop.

I think the starification of Pop is annoying, drafting wise we know he didn't want to draft TP and then he wanted to trade him, the only player he ever developed :lol. Just saying he's not the end all be all.

ChumpDumper
02-01-2013, 03:03 PM
I think the starification of Pop is annoying, drafting wise we know he didn't want to draft TP and then he wanted to trade him, the only player he ever developed :lol. Just saying he's not the end all be all.Well you certainly curtailed his profile when you chose your screen name.

Juggity
02-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Has Paranoid Pop ever watched a spurs game or even read the Spurs wikipedia article?

Consistently brings the embarrassing mistakes that could be corrected by simple googling.

DrunkTXLabrat
02-01-2013, 03:21 PM
richards didn't get enough minutes in summer league. i wanted to see him play. i had to look up who did...

it was wikerson, dawson, and zeller. zeller sucked, he looked like bonner on a bad night. wilkerson was good. i liked him better than dawson. ajinca and richards only averaged 10 mins a game. wilkerson, dawson, zeller averaged 20! way too many minutes for dawson and zeller. ajinca and richards needed a better look.

richards should come over and get some run in the dleague. maybe we don't need white or ross/bargnani? spurs could get a 2nd for blair, and use the open roster spot to have that good look richards/ajinca never got. if they don't pan out we have an extra spot and an extra pick for next summer league.

Mel_13
02-01-2013, 03:27 PM
richards didn't get enough minutes in summer league. i wanted to see him play. i had to look up who did...

it was wikerson, dawson, and zeller. zeller sucked, he looked like bonner on a bad night. wilkerson was good. i liked him better than dawson. ajinca and richards only averaged 10 mins a game. wilkerson, dawson, zeller averaged 20! way too many minutes for dawson and zeller. ajinca and richards needed a better look.

richards should come over and get some run in the dleague. maybe we don't need white or ross/bargnani? spurs could get a 2nd for blair, and use the open roster spot to have that good look richards/ajinca never got. if they don't pan out we have an extra spot and an extra pick for next summer league.

Richards has his basketball future in his own hands. He's done nothing to this point to justify a spot on an NBA roster or an NBA paycheck.

DrunkTXLabrat
02-01-2013, 03:33 PM
what would a little ol' 10 day contract hurt? his signing rights?

Mel_13
02-01-2013, 03:36 PM
what would a little ol' 10 day contract hurt? his signing rights?

He was drafted by the Spurs. They can't sign him to a 10 day, waive him, and retain their rights. Doesn't work that way.

stnick2261
02-01-2013, 03:36 PM
We don't have an open roster spot to give a 10-day contract to him. Also, yes... signing him to a 10-day contract and cutting him would give up our rights to him. He can, I believe, come to the Dleague on his own and try to make a team for roughly 30k a year until he's good enough

playblair
02-01-2013, 04:40 PM

He didn't.

his poland team was full of chucking guards ..............

slick'81
02-01-2013, 04:46 PM
dude is not nba material

ohmwrecker
02-01-2013, 05:39 PM
If Richards plays one minute in a Spurs uniform, I'll eat my hat.

Arc
02-01-2013, 06:10 PM
shame really. i always liked RR. dude looked like he could be a monster.

DrSteffo
02-01-2013, 06:19 PM
I don't normally say this but how much fail does it take to prove to you that a player sucks? Worst draft pick ever. He cant even make it in shitty leagues in Europe. So what if he looks like a basketball player when he isn't.

Uriel
02-01-2013, 07:57 PM
:lol at Ryan Richards - Lamar Odom / Chris Bosh comparisons

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2013, 09:35 PM
isnt the fag a Englishmen? fkn whinging POM

Solid D
02-01-2013, 09:55 PM
I have nothing new to add. Ryan Richards is the absolute worst Spurs draft pick since Sergei Karaulov. He will never be a Spur.

sasffl
02-01-2013, 10:07 PM
He's beginning to end his basketball career

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2013, 10:09 PM
he probably go to some country still developing the sport he can exploit the difference between a noob and scrub...

playblair
02-01-2013, 10:11 PM
I have nothing new to add. Ryan Richards is the absolute worst Spurs draft pick since Sergei Karaulov. He will never be a Spur.

bookmarked 4 richards first double double as a spur................

Manufan909
02-02-2013, 06:03 AM
bookmarked 4 richards first double double as a spur................

When a player gets playblair's stamp of approval then you know he is doomed. :lol

Darkwaters
02-02-2013, 07:27 AM

I don't know. Jack McClinton was pretty bad.

DapDaGenius
02-02-2013, 08:07 AM
When a player gets playblair's stamp of approval then you know he is doomed. :lol

Ouch...:lol

Obstructed_View
02-02-2013, 10:12 AM
his poland team was full of chucking guards ..............

And the summer league team ran play after play for him. If he doesn't try hard and then pouts and quits because he's not getting shots, he's pretty useless.

wildbill2u
02-02-2013, 06:20 PM
The guy has been a disappointment on every team he played for and apparently his disgruntled attitude is that his failures aren't his fault.

I always enjoy watching the show on NBA-TV where a roundtable of vets like Chris Webber, Kenny Smith, Shaq, Barkley, Steve Kerr and Steve Smith sit around and talk. One of their repeated discussions is the subject of what it takes to make it in the NBA. Without exception, these guys all agree that it takes more than physical ability or athleticism. The main ingredient to success that separates the also-ran and never-was is an attitude and work ethic and dedication to learning and improving throughout their entire career.

Apparently he hasn't shown any of that anywhere on any team. And that's why we have a new Aussie big man instead of Ryan Richards.

Strategic
02-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Do the Spurs still retain any rights to Richards that can be traded?

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-02-2013, 07:41 PM

I don't know. Jack McClinton was pretty bad.

Marcus Williams? I mean, I guess he's not at the top since he actually made it to the roster, but he didn't do shit once he got here.

Bill_Brasky
02-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Mental midget, doesn't have his head in the game. Proof that it doesn't matter how big and talented you are, the mental aspect of the game is the most important.