PDA

View Full Version : Spurs assign Aron Baynes to the Toros

ace3g
02-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Ari Temkin ‏@arisports (https://twitter.com/arisports) The San Antonio #Spurs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Spurs&src=hash) have assigned Aron Baynes to the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League. Short stay?

--

Toros have a game tonight at 10 pm EST

Brunodf
02-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Hope it's just one game...

Cry Havoc
02-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Could mean Duncan is back. As many minutes as Bayne played, I don't see them using him in the D-League unless it means he's not going to soak as many minutes up for the Spurs.

bklynspursfan
02-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Toros play tonight and tomorrow and Spurs have to carry a 13 man roster. So Along with Cojo there needs to be someone else unless they make a move...

ace3g
02-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Baynes will join the Toros in Bakersfield tonight for Austin’s weekend set against the Jam.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/130201_baynes_toros

hooperflash
02-01-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm starting to hate these moves (Spurs/Toros back and forth), but he will benefit from this for sure. I mean look at Nando, he looked scared early in the season and he would force passes and his shot wasn't good at all. He spent some time with the Toros , gained confidence, looks a lot better now on the Spurs.

CubanMustGo
02-01-2013, 12:23 PM
So even when the Spurs are at home some of their players end up having to travel to away games :lol

Two10Whitey
02-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Then there's no reason why you should hate the move. If he can gain some confidence then why not? Good move unless it lasts for more than a couple of games.

Chinook
02-01-2013, 12:27 PM
I wish they would put De Colo there for the next few weeks or so and call Joseph up. Joseph deserves a shot to show what he has before the playoff rotation is set. De Colo has things he needs to work on, and he doesn't really have the time to do them while playing next to Ginobili. I hate that he gets upset at assignments. It's annoying as hell to see a guy think he's too good to play in the d-league and then scrub it up against second- and third-stringers most of the time.

Bruno
02-01-2013, 12:33 PM
In the Charlotte game, Baynes was only able to play short stints because he got winded. A couple of D-League games will help him to get his rhythm back. I don't expect this assignment to be a long term one. Baynes should be with the team for the RRT.

Obstructed_View
02-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Gettin his game wind back. Good thing.

timvp
02-01-2013, 12:41 PM
It's not a bad move. Play him two times in the D-League to get his wind back. He wasn't going to play tonight anyways with Duncan returning to the lineup. Then bring him back for the RRT.

I know this will probably cause a meltdown but to expect Baynes to leapfrog a handful of players to earn a spot in the rotation instantaneously wasn't realistic. He has plenty of time to do so. Again, Nazr didn't get a solid spot in the rotation back in 2005 until April. No rush. Getting him back in shape in the D-League won't hurt anything.

capek
02-01-2013, 12:41 PM
I've seen it mentioned before, but can someone please tell me if and where online this game will be available to watch? Are Toros games broadcast live online?

Spur|n|Austin
02-01-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm starting to hate these moves (Spurs/Toros back and forth), but he will benefit from this for sure. I mean look at Nando, he looked scared early in the season and he would force passes and his shot wasn't good at all. He spent some time with the Toros , gained confidence, looks a lot better now on the Spurs.

So do you hate the moves or like them? Sort of a conflicting sentence..

Personally, I like the idea; he'll get more burn, and look a little less lost after running our plays with the Toros.

Rito3d30
02-01-2013, 12:53 PM
You can watch it on youtube legally
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HswzM32-H7g

Paranoid Pop
02-01-2013, 12:55 PM
I've seen it mentioned before, but can someone please tell me if and where online this game will be available to watch? Are Toros games broadcast live online?

Youtube has the rights of the D league.

Also why the fuck dont they send Green so he can practice layups and fighting through screens..

Its a shitty idea imo, especially with Tim knees being a question mark.

Pop is the one who should get over himself tbh.

Darkwaters
02-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Toros play tonight and tomorrow and Spurs have to carry a 13 man roster. So Along with Cojo there needs to be someone else unless they make a move...

You realize there is such a thing as an inactive list, right? The Spurs don't have to put ANYONE on the Toros and they can still carry their 15, with only 13 active.

jjktkk
02-01-2013, 01:03 PM

So why do you hate it. if it benefits the player?

spurraider21
02-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Youtube has the rights of the D league.

Also why the fuck dont they send Green so he can practice layups and fighting through screens..

Its a shitty idea imo, especially with Tim knees being a question mark.

Pop is the one who should get over himself tbh.
or its an encouraging sign that Tim's knee is fine

Strategic
02-01-2013, 01:05 PM
The Toros have games tonight and tomorrow in Bakerfield. That should be some serious PT for him this weekend. Also the Jam have a couple of nice rebounders for Baynes to push around, thus adding to his conditioning.

Paranoid Pop
02-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Green : useless as fuck in the big picture
Baynes : critical to break up the Boris Tiago pairing that suck and to improve our weak rebounding in general

One is rested with the big 3, the other is in the D league....

benefactor
02-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Green : useless as fuvk in the big
Baynes : critical to break up the Bottis Tiago pairring that suck and to imrove our weak rebounding in general

One is rested with the big 3, the other is on the D league....
Stop sweating and hyperventilating all over your keyboard. He will be back before the RRT. It's just to give him plenty of minutes get his wind back up.

T Park
02-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Green : useless as fuck in the big picture
Baynes : critical to break up the Boris Tiago pairing that suck and to improve our weak rebounding in general

One is rested with the big 3, the other is in the D league....

Danny Green is useless?

Sigh....

Darkwaters
02-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Danny Green is useless?

Sigh....

It's Paranoid Pop.

According to him, Danny Green has never once done a good thing in his life. He has no redeeming value. Might as well send him to the breakers and sell him for scrap.

loveforthegame
02-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Good move. Anything that gets him some playing time and to work on his conditioning. :tu

I'm sure he'll be recalled for the RRT.

boutons_deux
02-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Good move. Anything that gets him some playing time and to work on his conditioning. :tu

I'm sure he'll be recalled for the RRT.

yes, always seen as "bonding" opportunity, even when RRT is sliced in two like this year by ASB

ChumpDumper
02-01-2013, 01:54 PM
I guess he could be back for the road trip, but if everyone is healthy will he even be active?

Samr.
02-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Bummed we (probably) won't see him for the next few games, but if he was the kind of player I'd want to watch then he'd be getting minutes anyway. Short stints in the D-league is perfect for guys like Baynes, to get used to the style of play in the NBA, and to show their teams what they can do so the coaches can make proper use of them.

Paranoid Pop
02-01-2013, 02:07 PM
I guess he could be back for the road trip, but if everyone is healthy will he even be active?

:pop: Needs two years worth of coorporate knowledge anyway.

Mel_13
02-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Bakersfield will be a better test of his NBA-readiness than Charlotte.

txstr1986
02-01-2013, 02:09 PM
When I first saw the thread title I thought, "Isn't it a little early for April Fool's threads?".

Cry Havoc
02-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Stop sweating and hyperventilating all over your keyboard.

But then he'd never be able to post anything. :lol

ChumpDumper
02-01-2013, 02:14 PM
:pop: Needs two years worth of coorporate knowlegde anyway.He might need two weeks worth of regular game time and practice for conditioning more than anything.

Would make sense for him to be with the Toros for at least the duration of their three game road trip. He and Joseph could join the team in Minnesota the next day if he seems to be getting his wind.

CGD
02-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Bakersfield will be a better test of his NBA-readiness than Charlotte.

I've always thought the NBA should adopt a relegation system to incentivize underperforming clubs. Something like the team that finishes with the lowest winning percentage over 3 years should get demoted to the D-League, and conversely the team with the highest % in the D-League gets bumped up. I get that the NBA isnt structured like fut/soccer which makes that possible, but the thought is nice.

Then again... with the NO Pelicans, new Seattle Sonics, and new Charlotte Hornets maybe iti'll have the same psychological effect for the fan...

ChumpDumper
02-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Brian Butch in Bakersfield will be a nice matchup as he's an OK rebounder of similar size and will test Baynes' perimeter D. The Texas Legends he would play on Tuesday are pretty terrible this season. Melvin Ely is often their best big man.

Paranoid Pop
02-01-2013, 02:31 PM
When I first saw the thread title I thought, "Isn't it a little early for April Fool's threads?".

Yeah and then you remembered that Pop came back and that it was "get over yourself" time :lol.

Strategic
02-01-2013, 03:10 PM
The first game he entered he was a basket case. The second game he gained some confidence. Now let the man learn from some PT with the Toros. "I'll be back"!

Strategic
02-01-2013, 03:36 PM
I haven't seen anything written about Baynes' jump shot the other night. He didn't get squared up to the hoop totally, but his stroke wasn't too bad. Maybe has some potential to back up TD instead of backing up Splitter, or both?

Libri
02-01-2013, 03:51 PM
He might need two weeks worth of regular game time and practice for conditioning more than anything.

Would make sense for him to be with the Toros for at least the duration of their three game road trip. He and Joseph could join the team in Minnesota the next day if he seems to be getting his wind.

Wasn't he playing in Europe before signing with the Spurs? I'd be surprised if he's out of shape. Maybe he's going to the Toros to practice some Spurs plays.

hooperflash
02-01-2013, 03:56 PM
So why do you hate it. if it benefits the player?

So do you hate the moves or like them? Sort of a conflicting sentence..

Personally, I like the idea; he'll get more burn, and look a little less lost after running our plays with the Toros.

I just dislike having to see the words ”assign” and ”recall” Lord knows how many times. All in all, I like the decision.

Mel_13
02-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Wasn't he playing in Europe before signing with the Spurs? I'd be surprised if he's out of shape. Maybe he's going to the Toros to practice some Spurs plays.

He hadn't played for at least three weeks. He needs to play big minutes and that's not going to happen with the Spurs.

look_at_g_shred
02-01-2013, 04:05 PM
He hadn't played for at least three weeks. He needs to play big minutes and that's not going to happen with the Spurs.

True.

Libri
02-01-2013, 04:11 PM

A month of not playing is certainly enough time to get out of shape. Good thing the Spurs have the Toros.

LakerHater
02-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Its to bring in Gregg Oden!

Poolboy5623
02-01-2013, 07:26 PM
So...I'm gonna attend the mn and chi games, coming up...do you guys think he'll be back with the team for the rodeo trip? I would think so but I have no clue really...I'm still going to go, even if he's still with the toros, but I was looking forward to seeing him in action. At least it's looking like the rest of the team will be a go(Manu)?

crc21209
02-01-2013, 07:31 PM
I like the move. :tu Get him some extended playing time before the RRT. They'll call him back up for sure. They'll need him against some of the bigger teams like the T'Wolves and Bulls...

benfti
02-01-2013, 07:42 PM
I was hoping to see him against the Wiz

Chinook
02-01-2013, 08:03 PM
I think this has the potential to help Joseph, too. He's not seeing NBA competition right now, but it can't hurt to have a legitimate big man with whom to practice the pick and roll.

ace3g
02-01-2013, 08:05 PM
good time for the Spurs to look at his post game and/or midrange jumper

exstatic
02-01-2013, 09:18 PM
In the Charlotte game, Baynes was only able to play short stints because he got winded. A couple of D-League games will help him to get his rhythm back. I don't expect this assignment to be a long term one. Baynes should be with the team for the RRT.

This. He wasn't playing the whole time they were negotiating the buyout and working his visa. He's lost his game conditioning.

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2013, 09:32 PM
if he cant dominate dleague 2 games.....then he should come back to australia and play in the bush league which is below dleague competition

ChumpDumper
02-01-2013, 10:11 PM
He's starting tonight.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20130201/AUSBAK/gameinfo.html

SPIDER2311
02-01-2013, 10:23 PM
8 point and 2 boards in 5 minutes

ace3g
02-01-2013, 10:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HswzM32-H7g

ace3g
02-01-2013, 10:44 PM
He made a 17 ft baseline jumper earlier

ChumpDumper
02-01-2013, 10:45 PM
8 point and 2 boards in 5 minutesThe very good news is he hit a couple of 15+ footers from the floor.

playblair
02-01-2013, 10:49 PM
He made a 17 ft baseline jumper earlier

The very good news is he hit a couple of 15+ footers from the floor.

?????????? when

ChumpDumper
02-01-2013, 10:51 PM
?????????? whenHe made them in a row right after the 7:25 time out. I could be judging the distance wrong due to the camera angle, but they were definitely jumpers.

capek
02-01-2013, 10:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HswzM32-H7g

You're the best man, thanks for posting this reminder.

Poolboy5623
02-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Any updates? Was the 17'er in the flow of the game or rushed like the shot he took against charlotte(shot clock)...even though, I did say to myself I thought his form looked halfway decent(surprisingly)..I really hope I get to see him play in mn/chi! The mn game would be perfect for him to go out and just play..unless he's not in shape by then. Ultimately he should lead to more rest for Timmy in the regular season, which is always good...and he's an athletically built 7'er..I hope he makes the playoff roster over a Blair or Bonner and yes I am basing that off of limited action ....I can spot talent when I seen it.

Poolboy5623
02-01-2013, 10:57 PM
I can't see the clip..is he playing against butch tonight?

ace3g
02-01-2013, 10:57 PM
tonight Baynes would set a screen and then back pedal into the paint, got called on moving screen for one of them.

ace3g
02-01-2013, 11:18 PM
He seems comfortable shooting the baseline jumper, almost made another one in the 3rd quarter, lipped out

Texas_Ranger
02-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Baynes is a good outside shooter if someone doesn't know that.

capek
02-01-2013, 11:25 PM
It still surprised me how mobile he is. I wasn't quite expecting that. Good at moving without the ball and getting himself open too. Though this is D league competition.

Just hit another turn around jumper. Impressed by the soundness of his stroke tbh

23 points halfway through the 3rd. A very good first outing for him.

ace3g
02-01-2013, 11:27 PM
He also has a pretty quick release which well help vs the speed of the NBA.

jesterbobman
02-01-2013, 11:29 PM
He looks far better than D League level, like a man against boys.

BatManu20
02-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Baynes has been the player of the game so far. 23 points and counting. It looks like he has a good jumper too. A couple have rimmed out, but he's got good form and a quick release. He's also more mobile/athletic than his body would leave you to believe.I'm liking him more and more the more I watch him play.

ChumpDumper
02-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Defense and rebounding are underwhelming.

benfti
02-01-2013, 11:44 PM

which is interesting, because those are actually his strenghts, this is the first D-League game i have ever watched, its such a run and gun afair

BatManu20
02-01-2013, 11:48 PM

Yea this area of his game needs to improve, particularly rebounding. I think his defense will actually be better in the NBA cause it will be a much moire controlled game. This D-League game is like a run and gun pick up game.

ChumpDumper
02-01-2013, 11:49 PM
which is interesting, because those are actually his strenghts, this is the first D-League game i have ever watched, its such a run and gun afairOh yeah, the pace is a lot faster and sloppier. Excellent for getting into shape but difficult for learning a defense on the fly. I'm not worried but it is a disappointment to see Butch having an above average night against Baynes and Jackson.

benfti
02-01-2013, 11:59 PM
and there it is, Baynes has a double double

benfti
02-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Come on Corey, gotta hit those

spursparker9
02-02-2013, 12:03 AM
28pts 10rebs 2blks

8-10 FT

chapnis
02-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Baynes is beasting. 30 and 10. 30 minutes, should help whip him into shape.

freetiago
02-02-2013, 12:07 AM
Baynes with the stupid passes

tim_duncan_fan
02-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Holy shit 30 points in his first D League outing? Say what you want about the competition, but thirty and 10 is great anywhere. It helps to back up that 7 and 9 from his second NBA outing in my eyes.

If we've found yet another B/B+ level player out of thin air I will love RC and Pop forever after forever.

ChumpDumper
02-02-2013, 12:25 AM
Would've been better had his counterpart not had a season-high scoring night and more rebounds than Baynes. To be fair, Butch scored on anyone put on him, but Baynes couldn't guard him for a long stretch because of foul trouble. He seemed noticeably slower as the game went on, so I'll put conditioning as the root of most of his problems tonight.

DapDaGenius
02-02-2013, 12:44 AM
I'm going to punch myself in the face if I forget to watch Baynes in action again. :lol

dunkman
02-02-2013, 12:48 AM
WHY ? ? ?

jon123spurs
02-02-2013, 12:51 AM
The bayniac scores 30 and 10 in his first D league game. Wow quite impressive if you ask me.

tim_duncan_fan
02-02-2013, 12:53 AM
I'm going to punch myself in the face if I forget to watch Baynes in action again. :lol

The game was youtubed aka digitally preserved til the end of the internet. Watch it like I'm doing.

Libri
02-02-2013, 01:08 AM
Quick grade please?

freetiago
02-02-2013, 01:13 AM
the boxscore was buggy and the scorekeeping during the game
they kept stating the points he scored incorrectly and fouls people had
they said bayens had 26 when the boxscore said 30
it was at 30 and 10 with 5 minutes left in the game and it hasnt moved since
i think he actually had somewhere around 32 14 ish type game if it was updated

capek
02-02-2013, 01:18 AM
I'm not really concerned with the defense or rebounding from this game. This was the first D League game I've watched in a while, and I was reminded that at this level its all basically 5 individual players just playing ball. In a team defense setup I think Baynes doesn't have too much work to do. When he's playing with the Spurs I think he'll be able to use his mobility and size to play up to the standards of the team, whereas tonight there was absolutely no team defense. But I was very impressed by his shot. He has good form and a quick release. He was very good scoring around the bucket--he muscled up quite a few layups and put backs when there were multiple guys on him. You could tell he needs work on his conditioning. He looked pretty good in this game, but still has a ways to go to get into NBA game shape, so this trip to the D League was obviously a good choice.

If nothing else it shows that Baynes is no scrub. He's a legit NBA player, and once he gets his conditioning up and has some more practice time with the Spurs, I firmly believe he will be a contributing role player this season. And that's not just because I'm halfway through a bottle of wine tonight. In the sober light of day I think he will add a lot to the club this season (in the role of a back up 5).

chapnis
02-02-2013, 01:30 AM
the boxscore was buggy and the scorekeeping during the game
they kept stating the points he scored incorrectly and fouls people had
they said bayens had 26 when the boxscore said 30
it was at 30 and 10 with 5 minutes left in the game and it hasnt moved since
i think he actually had somewhere around 32 14 ish type game if it was updated

The YouTube broadcast was about 5 minutes behind the box score updating.

DapDaGenius
02-02-2013, 01:30 AM
The game was youtubed aka digitally preserved til the end of the internet. Watch it like I'm doing.

That isn't solving the problem. The problem is me forgetting to watch Baynes play, not that I can just watch it on YouTube later on. Then on top of this, I'm referring to watching him play live. Thanks for the reply, though.

Vito
02-02-2013, 05:28 AM
Good game for Aron. He has strong arms and in many episodes just pushed opponents away. And he's got a jumper! The second man in the spurs among bigmen after Timmy who can shoot midrange. Oh, Boris sometimes can but it is really rare event.

Paranoid Pop
02-02-2013, 05:32 AM
Tbh they should trade Tiago and do the 3 big men rotation with Aaron. The rebounding would improve a lot, the scoring could take a hit at first but Aaron's range could help TP get some space in the long run.

That way they get something for Splitter instead of letting him walk or overpaying for him.

TJastal
02-02-2013, 05:48 AM
tonight Baynes would set a screen and then back pedal into the paint, got called on moving screen for one of them.

IMO he also got called for a phantom foul when an opposing guard tried to back into him and push him out of the paint (because he was pulling down O-rebounds with practically no effort) and Baynes sidestepped and that little fuck fell backward on his ass and got bailed out by a ref. Dumb announcers thought it was a foul on Baynes; I didn't.

One thing is for sure, he is BIG and he is VERY talented for the size he is.

Strategic
02-02-2013, 09:16 AM
if he cant dominate dleague 2 games.....then he should come back to australia and play in the bush league which is below dleague competition

I didn't watch the Toros/Jam game like some of you homers, but It looks like he dominated.

Captivus
02-02-2013, 09:24 AM
This is good news. Another asset for the Spurs. Hope they take advantage of having so many players and make a trade for a back-up X.
Baynes should only get better.

rascal
02-02-2013, 09:35 AM
I don't know why so much fuss over this guy. I guess when your the Spurs and don't make moves this is all they have. He won't play enough to make any type of difference.

KL2
02-02-2013, 09:51 AM
I looked up Aron Bayne's game logs with Union Olimpija, the last time he played with them was Dec. 13th which is more than 1 1/2 months ago. He's a bit out of basketball shape, and I'm sure he's adjusting to the speed of the game as well which would explain his lackluster defense and rebounding.

Darkwaters
02-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Good game for Aron. He has strong arms and in many episodes just pushed opponents away. And he's got a jumper! The second man in the spurs among bigmen after Timmy who can shoot midrange. Oh, Boris sometimes can but it is really rare event.

Ummm, Boris is among our best jump shooting bigmen. The guy is a converted combo guard for crying out loud. His problem has never been making the shots he takes, it's been getting him to pull the trigger. He routinely shoots a pretty decent percentage.

CubanMustGo
02-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Tbh they should trade Tiago and do the 3 big men rotation with Aaron. The rebounding would improve a lot, the scoring could take a hit at first but Aaron's range could help TP get some space in the long run.

That way they get something for Splitter instead of letting him walk or overpaying for him.

Can we get something for you if we trade you and your idiotic takes?

PingPong
02-02-2013, 10:54 AM

AGAIN? :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
Too much faith in a dleague scrub...

manufan10
02-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Where's timvp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8)'s quick grades for this game. He's slacking, tbh.

:lol

benefactor
02-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Can we get something for you if we trade you and your idiotic takes?
Agreed. He was wanting to trade Splitter/Green/Bonner for AK47 in another thread. He's like the neverending facepalm of takes.

dylankerouac
02-02-2013, 02:22 PM
neverending facepalm of takes.

This made me lol.

Vito
02-02-2013, 03:11 PM
http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/spurs_reassign_baynes_2013_02_01.htmlhe said he loves grunge, maybe that the reason of his toughness? ;))>the last time he played with them was Dec. 13th which is more than 1 1/2 months agoDidn't know that. so that's explains pretty clear his assignment to toros. I think he will be with Spurs on RRT

smaka
02-02-2013, 06:17 PM
I was expecting he would be called up for tonight's game...

GB20
02-02-2013, 06:25 PM
I was expecting he would be called up for tonight's game...
if he was playing in austin, he could have played against Washington wizards tonight.

Strategic
02-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Does anyone know what time the Toros/Jam tipoff for tonights(Saturday's) game is?

ace3g
02-02-2013, 06:42 PM
9 PM cst

Paranoid Pop
02-02-2013, 06:50 PM
AGAIN? :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
Too much faith in a dleague scrub...

The D league scrub looks tougher both physically and mentally than Splitter and rebounds a lot better. I wouldn't bet a playoff run on Splitter if I don't have to but that's just me (same thing with Green). Splitter does pass the ball a lot better, so if Aaron took Splitter's starting spot, they would probably have to start Manu or something to add some playmaking.

PingPong
02-02-2013, 07:07 PM
The D league scrub looks tougher both physically and mentally than Splitter and rebounds a lot better. I wouldn't bet a playoff run on Splitter if I don't have to but that's just me (same thing with Green). Splitter does pass the ball a lot better, so if Aaron took Splitter's starting spot, they would probably have to start Manu or something to add some playmaking.

So do you think it's enough to make Splitter expendable? Trade his ass because it won't make any difference in the team, because now we have the super scrub?

:lol:lol:lol

Paranoid Pop
02-02-2013, 07:15 PM
So do you think it's enough to make Splitter expendable? Trade his ass because it won't make any difference in the team, because now we have the super scrub?

:lol:lol:lol

I think the rebounding would get a lot better, so yeah I think it would make a difference... Tiago is awesome at playing the PnR but he's the fifth option on the starting 5 and is not always used as he should on the second unit because of the terrible backup PG situation, so I don't think the offense would take a big hit. I'd say it'd be intriguing at least. Also he has range, real range unlike Ben Wallace and Splitter who are said to hit 3s in practice like anybody gives a fuck, it's a big deal imo, I don't believe the guys would shit the bed if the opposite team tried to hack him...

Strategic
02-02-2013, 08:06 PM
9 PM cst

Thanks.

BackHome
02-03-2013, 02:44 PM
I like Splitter starting and having Baynes come in with the second unit...:)

The only thing left is for Pop to make up his mind on backup PG...

romsho
02-03-2013, 03:12 PM
I don't know why so much fuss over this guy. I guess when your the Spurs and don't make moves this is all they have. He won't play enough to make any type of difference.

Maybe its because he adds something to the mix that was missing...size and toughness. There are matchups out there, particularly OKC, where he can be very valuable. I think you're dead wrong, he will play minutes that matter, and will you'll see those minutes against the likes of Serge Ibaka and Nick Collison. It's another piece in a game of matchups.

bklynspursfan
02-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Spurs have recalled him, probably since Timmy will miss a few games.

The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have recalled center Aron Baynes from the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League.
Baynes appeared in two games for the Toros after being assigned to Austin on Feb. 1. He averaged 18.0 points and 9.0 rebounds in 27.5 minutes in his first D-League assignment.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/130204_baynes

gambit1990
02-04-2013, 01:07 PM
are there highlights of his action in austin?