PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Leader of N.B.A. Union Is Put on Leave

ElNono
02-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Billy Hunter has been placed on indefinite leave as executive director of the N.B.A. players union, the likely precursor to his outright dismissal.

The action was announced Friday by Derek Fisher, the union president, who made the move in conjunction with four other players on the union’s interim executive committee. Hunter, 70, is under fire for questionable business practices and nepotism, which were documented exhaustively in a recently released audit. Those concerns are also the subject of a continuing investigation by the United States attorney’s office in Manhattan and the federal Department of Labor.

Ron Klempner, the union’s longtime deputy counsel, has been appointed interim executive director in Hunter’s place.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/02/sports/basketball/leader-of-nba-union-is-put-on-leave.html

Mel_13
02-01-2013, 03:30 PM
The damage Hunter did to the people he was supposed to represent is immense and can't be recovered. Meanwhile, he lined his own pockets and those of his family and friends. Good riddance.

baseline bum
02-01-2013, 04:41 PM
It just blows me away that it took until now to get rid of his crooked ass. Dude has been bent over by Stern in every negotiation in his career, so he didn't deserve the job even if he wasn't the scumbag we know he is.

jeebus
02-01-2013, 04:46 PM
I liked how he fired his kids and threw them under the bus in an attempt to save his job. :lol one of the few black kids in history to know who their father is and they still get screwed.

irishock
02-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Lmao

ElNono
02-01-2013, 06:59 PM
I liked how he fired his kids and threw them under the bus in an attempt to save his job. :lol one of the few black kids in history to know who their father is and they still get screwed.

:lol